New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

Something I just thought of. Am I the only one who sees third expansion troubles with the queen kerrigan sent off to stop the protoss ship that got away? Basically we see her vowing at the end to fulfill kerrigans last order to kill all protoss.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Something I just thought of. Am I the only one who sees third expansion troubles with the queen kerrigan sent off to stop the protoss ship that got away? Basically we see her vowing at the end to fulfill kerrigans last order to kill all protoss.
    Yeah, that will no doubt become a mission in the void expansion. Oh well, atleast 3 more years until we find out.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #813
    Firbolg in the Playground

To be honest, I'm completely confident in betting that there will be a 4th title to wrap it all up after Legacy of the Void.
    With a campaign that uses all three races rather than focusing on just one.
    Anyone care to bet against me?
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

4. - Top - End - #814

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    To be honest, I'm completely confident in betting that there will be a 4th title to wrap it all up after Legacy of the Void.
    Hmm, Im not sure, considering we have no idea what the protoss will be doing at this point. It is possible they could setup a 4th title to combine the 3 races and have them each doing missions to work on stopping the big bad. But it is also equally likely the protoss game will be them uniting with the terran and zerg with the final mission being that vision of doom from WoL. Considering the ending of this game, its got a solid chance of happening that way instead of a 4th.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Nope, cause I don't mind spending $30 on these missions.

But it is also equally likely the protoss game will be them uniting with the terran and zerg with the final mission being that vision of doom from WoL. Considering the ending of this game, its got a solid chance of happening that way instead of a 4th.
    The mission becomes beatable with the power of friendship!
    Last edited by Spuddles; 2013-03-16 at 03:12 AM.
    I can do a thousand now.

6. - Top - End - #816

Heh, less friendship and more, "We must hang together or assuredly we will all hang separately."

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

So guys, anyone theory craft on what strategy they will do with against each race? I'm going to be playing random, so here's a few strategys I've theory crafted after watching some of day 9's tournaments. However, I haven't thought of each race matchup yet.

PvZ) Swarmhosts look super annoying. I understand that you can counter attack by going around them when the zerg leaves, but often times it turns into a base race scenario. And with the overseer Queen support, the swarmhosts are going to be pretty hard to engage conventionally. Which is why I was thinking about going skytoss against zerg. COnsidering how good skytoss is, and the oracles reveal ability, I theorized to get a number of phoenixes to lift up the queens for killing, and then eventually the swarmhosts. It gives you the advantage of being able to engage the swarm hosts directly and it can shut down most zerg flying attempt if they go that. Main thing I'd be worried about is hydras, but with the amount of minerals I'd probably be stockpiling, Zealots would probably make good enough shields.

TvZ) I don't get whats with all the mech lately. I wanted to see moe late game Bio-balls vs zerg, but everyone wants to go mech cause the upgrade/thor/hellbat change. Anyways, the biggest threat I see to the bio ball is mainly the vipers. But then I came up it the solution to just get ghosts a little faster. EMP or snipe, those swamhosts will be useless and no blinding clouds or abducts to ruin your day.

Thats what I have so far, what does everyone else think?
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2013-03-16 at 12:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818

I think swarm hosts might do a solid job of blocking a bioball depending on numbers. Its pretty much throwing up a wall of expendable and relatively quickly replacing pawn blockers to at least give you time to mass your forces together to counter. But I honestly dont know how fast a bio ball will tear through them so take that with a grain of salt. Maybe I missed something, but I dont recall much in the way of new anti air defenses so like you said, a skytoss would probably have a similar level of efficiency against the zerg.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

*weeps about the poor neglected corruptor*
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

I think swarm hosts might do a solid job of blocking a bioball depending on numbers. Its pretty much throwing up a wall of expendable and relatively quickly replacing pawn blockers to at least give you time to mass your forces together to counter. But I honestly dont know how fast a bio ball will tear through them so take that with a grain of salt. Maybe I missed something, but I dont recall much in the way of new anti air defenses so like you said, a skytoss would probably have a similar level of efficiency against the zerg.
    Well, my ghost idea also counters the swarmhosts. All you have to do is start dropping a nuke, wait for the swarm hosts to unburrow, then cancel it and charge forward. Or, drops glory in the zergs bases.

Really, I dislike the way swarm hosts are used currently in the masses they are. I think they would be better if zergs produced fewer of them and use them to lock down or delay 1 route from counterattacks while you do your main business with the rest of your army. Sorta why I hated the Broodlord infestor meta, it ruined the point of the high manuverability of the zerg. I can't believe it took the other races so long to counter a zerg with an immobile army is to play 'zerg' style at them yourself.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2013-03-16 at 02:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

The Infestor Mission went a little something like this for me.

Ohez noez, they are sending a big bad Thor at me. I'd better retreat. *Burrow entire army*
    *Select Infestors*
    *Burrow move Infestors to cozy up next to Thor*
    *Burrow move Roaches group up to support*
    *Unburrow, parasite Thor, reburrow*
    *Watch the fun*

When they sent Medivacs at me to drop, I had to pause the game to laugh. I infested them before they could land. Free marines and a medivac. Medivac support with Roaches is awesome!

But once I infested a few Thors, they started lobbing Battlecruisers my way.
    So a short while later I took my free army of Battlecruisers and finished the objective, just to see if I could do it without any other support. Wasn't hard, just had to Yamato inbound Thors if I couldn't infest them fast enough.
    Ya see... this? This is what I do with the Infestor mission. My Thor. My Siege Tank. My Battlecruiser. My Medic.

Medics are godly powerful, I'd rather have a half dozen medics than a half dozen thors. Makes my bio-ball even more invincible than Marine/Marauder/Medic balls from WoL. Heck, that's the whole reason I snipe the medivacs... the marines are bonus, I want the medic and the medivac. Combine with noxious creep for additional regen and attack speed and creep spread... sick yo.

I keep having to go back and re-achieve achievements due to blizzard's NA servers having connection issues every day or so. Which is rather frustrating.

Having said that... I have zero interest in multiplayer anymore. I dunno... either I get some moron who thinks I am hacking because I have three times the number of workers in my mineral line, or I get someone who knows what they are doing who roflstomps me by the ten minute mark. Mind you, I can fend off cannon rushers, bunker rushers, and 7rr's (and of course, the fact that I know how to deal with these fragile rush builds means I -MUST- be haxxoring or cheezy)... but I still suck pretty bad at Macro.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2013-03-16 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

12. - Top - End - #822

Thats the main reason i dont like pvp games anymore. Its so rare to get a good match, its almost always someone getting roflstomped without mercy. Thats in rts, mmorpg, or any other scenario where you fight someone else.

13. - Top - End - #823

Oh dear lord, just what I needed. I was running the mutalisk evolution missions when the graphics got all glitchy on me. Then I hit blue screen of death. Out of curiosity, what does dumping physical memory mean? Am I right in assuming it was basically forcibly shutting down all active and running processes and applications?

14. - Top - End - #824

You get Ultralisks rather late in the campaign. 3 or 4 missions with them, tops. Reincarnation + 40% of Damage as Heal + Kerrigan Heal? Invincible wall of awesome.

I find that I'm supply-capping rather easily in my new playthrough of the campaign. So when I do, I ask myself, what time is it?

BANELING O'CLOCK!!!
    Take all the Zerglings I have (I tend to have about 50 of them at any given time anyway) and Baneling morph them. Pick a target and push, even if they have ZERO hope of success.

In order to get myself into the habit of pushing rather than sitting with my army, I'm going to try the fast spawning zerglings option, and just constantly push with Banelings and Zerglings. It's also forcing me to learn better control group management, and I'm starting to split my forces better.

@Swarm Hosts
    The teleport on creep effect is awesome. Especially if you take the burrow effect to go with it. Your swarm hosts are quick response, they can back up a stealth play with burrow move roaches and infestors. Need to withdraw? One button. Need to advance? One button. Wow is it ever good. Just need to ensure you keep your creep tumors moving forward.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

15. - Top - End - #825

So I have been trying that one woman army setup for kerrigan, chain attack, banelings, broodlings. Holy cow is it awesome! I run into the middle of a large group, spawn banelings, fire off an attack, and suddenly almost everything is dead, and whats left is surrounded by tons of broodlings chewing on them. I picked the splitter banelings path as well and holy cow. I am punching a hole in just about any ground based defense, and there is no stopping me.

16. - Top - End - #826

So I have been trying that one woman army setup for kerrigan, chain attack, banelings, broodlings. Holy cow is it awesome! I run into the middle of a large group, spawn banelings, fire off an attack, and suddenly almost everything is dead, and whats left is surrounded by tons of broodlings chewing on them. I picked the splitter banelings path as well and holy cow. I am punching a hole in just about any ground based defense, and there is no stopping me.
    Back her up with splitter roaches. OMGROFLROFL it is crazy how fast you have this massive mini-army that cost you next to nothing. If it's on the ground, it's just plain dead.
    And on the off chance that there is something in the air?
    Drop a Leviathan on their face. Seriously, the Leviathan is a one man air army. It's like a Battlecruiser and a Mothership had a baby. Minus the cloak. But who cares?
    Last edited by Karoht; 2013-03-18 at 01:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827

Back her up with splitter roaches. OMGROFLROFL it is crazy how fast you have this massive mini-army that cost you next to nothing. If it's on the ground, it's just plain dead.
    Drop a Leviathan on their face. Seriously, the Leviathan is a one man air army. It's like a Battlecruiser and a Mothership had a baby. Minus the cloak. But who cares?
    Heh, it COULD have a cloak, but the leviathan prefers you watch your doom approaching. Too bad you dont get to use it many times. But I can understand, it IS pretty damn overpowered.

18. - Top - End - #828

Question:
    Are Immortals any good VS Banelings in ZvP?
    I imagine that hardened shields are a decent way to soak up the damage if needed.
    I'm not asking if it's a counter, merely if it is worth having a few around if I know my opponent is going banelings.

My thought process:
    Stalkers up front going pew pew to banelings and zerglings.
    Oh snot, here come the banelings!
    Blink behind a few well placed Immortals, continue with the pew pew.

As for Swarm Hosts, I'm imagining Phoenix/Tempest combo. Tempests at long range fire a salvo to soften them up or outright kill, Phoenix move in and Graviton any Queens in the area while the Tempest charges back up to salvo again. Good, bad, or meh?

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

I find Vile Roaches are even better than splitter roaches, because they can pretty much lockdown all the things. 80% reduction in attack speed? Yes please!

I generally have a hydra/roach ball around Kerrigan to support the one-woman-army thing. Not that it's strictly necessary, but it's amusing to just waltz through anything they have
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Question:
    Are Immortals any good VS Banelings in ZvP?
    I imagine that hardened shields are a decent way to soak up the damage if needed.
    I'm not asking if it's a counter, merely if it is worth having a few around if I know my opponent is going banelings.

My thought process:
    Stalkers up front going pew pew to banelings and zerglings.
    Oh snot, here come the banelings!
    Blink behind a few well placed Immortals, continue with the pew pew.

As for Swarm Hosts, I'm imagining Phoenix/Tempest combo. Tempests at long range fire a salvo to soften them up or outright kill, Phoenix move in and Graviton any Queens in the area while the Tempest charges back up to salvo again. Good, bad, or meh?
    Immortals are really good against banelings. Not only do the harden shields kick into affect, but when they drop, the armored type also takes the reduced amount of damage from the banelings. And I don't remember if banelings are armored, but if they are 50 damage is hitting them. Just remember to separate them enough so that the banelings splash doesn't hit more than one of them.

As I understand it, the tempest is too expensive and the damage and fire rate is too low to make it worth it to buy in its current form. The only thing it has working for it is its massively long range. I think the oracles reveal and some charged voidrays with phoenix lifts on the queens will be the ultimate direct counter. The indirect counter is to have an entrenched army to defend while you send a smaller mobile high damage army into the undefended main, since most swarm host strats seem to be 'Mass Swarm Hosts and Nothing Else!'
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2013-03-18 at 03:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

Question: Do banelings have friendly fire in Campaign Mode of HotS when they don't have healing acid selected? Because I may have been going about this all wrong...
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Question: Do banelings have friendly fire in Campaign Mode of HotS when they don't have healing acid selected? Because I may have been going about this all wrong...
    They do not. Normally, nothing happens to your units if a baneling denonates without the healing acid.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Immortals are really good against banelings. Not only do the harden shields kick into affect, but when they drop, the armored type also takes the reduced amount of damage from the banelings. And I don't remember if banelings are armored, but if they are 50 damage is hitting them. Just remember to separate them enough so that the banelings splash doesn't hit more than one of them.
    Banelings' only type is 'Biological', which actually makes Archons the best hard counter to them (IMO), but Immortals do okay as well, especially mixed in with Stalkers. Banelings only have 30 life, so your Immortals' base attack will drop that to 10, which is exactly how much damage a stalker will do. But Archons still bring the most pain, with 35 splash damage vs. biological, a higher movement rate, and enough range to smash low-tier zerg units handily.

PS: Archons also wreck Swarm Hosts, two shotting locusts. A smart zerg is going to use Infestors with Swarm Hosts to pin your units and let the locusts get in unanswered damage. When you suspect your opponent is bringing out that Infestation pit, get ready to counter with High Templar. Feedback infestors, then morph to Archons to clean up everything else.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Grrrr. How on earth are you suppose to destroy all the dominion structures before the brood comes in 15 minutes on hard?! I just can't seem to do it! Anyone manage to pass it and found a certain route or strategy they have developed?

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Grrrr. How on earth are you suppose to destroy all the dominion structures before the brood comes in 15 minutes on hard?! I just can't seem to do it! Anyone manage to pass it and found a certain route or strategy they have developed?
    A second hatch is always a good start. Heck, you're high enough ranked, I'll assume you've got the micro and macro skills to saturate your minerals and keep 'lings coming out. Since you've got nothing else, other than queens, to build... might as well, other than the occasional Overlord to keep supply going.

Then... use 'em.

Also, don't forget your base defenses. Unlike Multiplayer, it's not like you have a lot else to spend minerals on. Spore to deal with the wraiths, plenty of Spine to deal with the invasions. Keep some 'lings back at base as a mobile reserve. About a dozen should be plenty.

Then move out with the rest of your force. I start with a push up the left, going for the first rescue batch. Use Kerrigan's abilities generously. Nuke any bunkers, use Crushing Grip on any squads, particularly being sure to get any firebats or hellion-battle-mode units, since those will roast your ling swarms faster than anything.

Also, if you push your creep properly, you can plant spine crawlers offensively at the edge of creep to support your lings and Kerrigan. As mineral fields become depleted, use the spare drones to make crawlers. The advantage of spine crawlers is they don't eat up supply, so every drone over cap you turn into a crawler becomes two more 'lings in your army.

Then you push right, for the second rescue area. Same tactics, crushing grip on squads, making sure to hit the flamethrower-equipped units, using Kenetic Strike to blow up bunkers and Perdition turrets.

By the time the third one pops up, just push forward and keep pushing. You should have enough queens to take care of the wraiths, you can Crushing Grip them, just remember the funky targeting for flying units, to let your queens catch up if they swarm you. Or, you can Kenetic Strike them, although I'd prefer to save that for Perdition turrets and bunkers and the occasional Hellbat.

Keep your hatcheries (PLURAL) pumping out lings as fast as you can, replenish your losses, and keep pushing until you clear everything.

Don't forget your Evolution Chamber and upgrades. Getting all three upgrades will make a SIGNIFICANT difference. Yes, it does mean 100 minerals into the extractor, and three drones, but it's an investment that pays off well.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2013-03-18 at 08:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    A second hatch is always a good start. Heck, you're high enough ranked, I'll assume you've got the micro and macro skills to saturate your minerals and keep 'lings coming out. Since you've got nothing else, other than queens, to build... might as well, other than the occasional Overlord to keep supply going.

Then... use 'em.

Also, don't forget your base defenses. Unlike Multiplayer, it's not like you have a lot else to spend minerals on. Spore to deal with the wraiths, plenty of Spine to deal with the invasions. Keep some 'lings back at base as a mobile reserve. About a dozen should be plenty.

Then move out with the rest of your force. I start with a push up the left, going for the first rescue batch. Use Kerrigan's abilities generously. Nuke any bunkers, use Crushing Grip on any squads, particularly being sure to get any firebats or hellion-battle-mode units, since those will roast your ling swarms faster than anything.

Also, if you push your creep properly, you can plant spine crawlers offensively at the edge of creep to support your lings and Kerrigan. As mineral fields become depleted, use the spare drones to make crawlers. The advantage of spine crawlers is they don't eat up supply, so every drone over cap you turn into a crawler becomes two more 'lings in your army.

Then you push right, for the second rescue area. Same tactics, crushing grip on squads, making sure to hit the flamethrower-equipped units, using Kenetic Strike to blow up bunkers and Perdition turrets.

By the time the third one pops up, just push forward and keep pushing. You should have enough queens to take care of the wraiths, you can Crushing Grip them, just remember the funky targeting for flying units, to let your queens catch up if they swarm you. Or, you can Kenetic Strike them, although I'd prefer to save that for Perdition turrets and bunkers and the occasional Hellbat.

Keep your hatcheries (PLURAL) pumping out lings as fast as you can, replenish your losses, and keep pushing until you clear everything.

Don't forget your Evolution Chamber and upgrades. Getting all three upgrades will make a SIGNIFICANT difference. Yes, it does mean 100 minerals into the extractor, and three drones, but it's an investment that pays off well.
    I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. Yes, I did all of this, even managing to squeeze out a 3rd hatch to pump lings. Only thing I haven't done is make spines for offense. But 15 minutes to destroy everything terrans got just doesn't seem like enough time.

I'll keep working on it though.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just managed to pull that one off, actually. I cut it extremely close (around 10 seconds), but picked up a few pointers.

a) In regards to queens, make many of them. I hotkeyed them with kerrigan, and sent them in first to soak damage and take out any fire they had on them. Once most of the fire is down, send in the zerglings. keep as many alive as possible, and use kerrigan and queens to soften defenses as much as possible. All about durability (which is funny 'cause i got armor upgrades last)

b) once the defenses for an area are mostly stripped, leave the lings there to clean it up and pull kerrigan and queens to start softening the defenses of the next area. keep on mitigating as best as possible (largely just crushing grip), and focus down medics if you feel up to it.

c) as always, save early save often. If you make a big blunder, go back to the last save where you can fix it and go from there. Yea, yea, save scumming, but if you misclick and lose a chunk of lings to a hellbat, or realize that you forgot to make a spawning pool (not that anyone would ever do that...>_>), i prefer it to restarting wholescale.

I didn't do any fancy spine pushes, though i did make a creep highway up the right side to help reinforcements arrive quicker. That's all I got tho.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Is that like an achievement or something? I can't remember what mission that is, unless it's the one with the stretch-BC.
    I can do a thousand now.

29. - Top - End - #839

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddles View Post
    Is that like an achievement or something? I can't remember what mission that is, unless it's the one with the stretch-BC.
    Thats an early mission where kerrigan turns back to give jim a chance to escape. Not knowing he has been nabbed by nova already. You are trying to take out that canon and a queen in the area will be joining you with a swarm of forces in 15 minutes. Hell, I dont think I have managed to destroy EVERYTHING even on normal. Not that I have really tried too be fair. I am still working on grabbing all the regular achievements while managing to randomly snag some hidden ones

So, I figured out something that was blindingly obvious in hindsight but I overlooked at first and it nearly cost me the game. You know the missions where you have to get a creep tumor near the scourge nests to destroy an ultimate battlecruiser? The first time through I actually raced to get creep to the first nest as soon as I could. Didnt realize that was a mistake until I was at the last two nests and the battlecruiser was almost to my base. The secret there, for any who dont know it, is to build past the first scourge nest as far as you safely can before having a queen drop a creep tumor right on it. That way you are already working towards the third scourge nest and can relax when the next battlecruiser comes out because its ready to go whenever you want it to. Massive stress reliever there. I was even able to explore the map fully and destroy everything well off the beaten path simply because I had given myself that much time.

There are a lot of missions like that. Where they push you to do something right away but you dont actually need to. Naruds lab. Yes you start off under psionic attack by the hybrids, but you have FIVE FREAKING MINUTES to kill him. There is no reason you cant take 3 of them to fully establish your base and build up some units. Im pretty sure the first triggered dominion attack wont take place till the hybrid dies. So no reason to waste your entire starting force on a hybrid that will slaughter them except for kerrigan, when you can take 3 minutes, create a set of roaches and lisks and burn that bastard down. I think the last mission with narud is similar. Yeah that beam of energy is getting closer, but you DO have a minute to setup your base before rushing off to shut down the temple. In fact, if you do it right, you will be able to move right on to the second temple and cause a massive pushback fairly quickly. The first time through I rushed and then wasted all the pushback of the beam having to rebuild my forces and defend my base. I spent most of the mission at square one for cushion. Had I lost my attacking force and failed to shut down a temple when I went after it I likely would have lost the mission entirely. All for trying to move too fast because the game told me I had to hurry.

Second time through I had so much spare time that, just for grins and giggles I destroyed one of the main protoss bases. Not that it mattered, Im not sure if I was somehow missing a probe but every time I went to the north half the south half started rebuilding, then I would go south and the north half rebuilt. I guess I was just not allowed to truly wipe them out for some reason. Ah well, it still kept that side from attacking me for the rest of the map.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

They do not. Normally, nothing happens to your units if a baneling denonates without the healing acid.
    You know, that's gonna suuuuck for newbies who play the campaign, then try multiplayer...
    Spoiler
    Show