Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    hey so this isn't terribly relevant, but it is SC2.

    I was wondering how many of you guys play hero attack. its a custom game, usually around 4th on the list, but pretty competitive. heck of a different play style, as you really only command 1 unit. I just thought I would ask as I recently became addicted to it. And if you haven't tried it, I recommend it, Its pretty fun.The games usually last 30-50 minutes, which is slightly longer than regular multiplayer, but that's why I like it.
    The Dinner Thief strikes again!

    Spoiler
    Show
    I Prepared Explosive runes this morning.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Pie Guy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    center of earth

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinner Thief View Post
    hey so this isn't terribly relevant, but it is SC2.

    I was wondering how many of you guys play hero attack. its a custom game, usually around 4th on the list, but pretty competitive. heck of a different play style, as you really only command 1 unit. I just thought I would ask as I recently became addicted to it. And if you haven't tried it, I recommend it, Its pretty fun.The games usually last 30-50 minutes, which is slightly longer than regular multiplayer, but that's why I like it.
    Sounds like DotA or LoL. Any differences?

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    So, I made several attempts on funday monday. Behold!

    Oh, and I also submitted this one. But nothing much happens in it, so Day 9 probably won't pick it.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Legoshrimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The lake in Legoland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I made several attempts on funday monday. Behold!

    Oh, and I also submitted this one. But nothing much happens in it, so Day 9 probably won't pick it.
    What was the funday monday?
    Avatar by Neoseph7
    For my other dragons go here.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    What was the funday monday?
    You may only Counterattack.

    Edit: Oh, and I also updated the list. Check it out to make sure I got you.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-03-01 at 10:54 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Legoshrimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The lake in Legoland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    You may only Counterattack.

    Edit: Oh, and I also updated the list. Check it out to make sure I got you.
    Ohhh yeah, I should try that some. It has got to be so annoying to play against.
    Avatar by Neoseph7
    For my other dragons go here.

  7. - Top - End - #127

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Dinner Thief View Post
    hey so this isn't terribly relevant, but it is SC2.

    I was wondering how many of you guys play hero attack. its a custom game, usually around 4th on the list, but pretty competitive. heck of a different play style, as you really only command 1 unit. I just thought I would ask as I recently became addicted to it. And if you haven't tried it, I recommend it, Its pretty fun.The games usually last 30-50 minutes, which is slightly longer than regular multiplayer, but that's why I like it.
    It'd be nice if you told us anything beyond the fact that you control one unit, because honestly there are a lot of customs games where you control one unit, and it can go a lot of different ways.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Legoshrimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The lake in Legoland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    It'd be nice if you told us anything beyond the fact that you control one unit, because honestly there are a lot of customs games where you control one unit, and it can go a lot of different ways.
    From what I have heard it is a standard AoS.
    Avatar by Neoseph7
    For my other dragons go here.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    I should try this funday, as it is something I have been meaning to work on for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

    Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    I should try this funday, as it is something I have been meaning to work on for a long time.
    DarkMemnarch and I have realized that this funday is us almost every game minus the occational harass we do.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    I almost constantly harass as it is very rare I don't go ling-muta.
    However adding in counter attacks of 12-16 lings would only help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

    Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DarkMemnarch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    DarkMemnarch and I have realized that this funday is us almost every game minus the occational harass we do.
    Ya i play pretty passively almost every game.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Where ever trouble brews
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    You may only Counterattack.

    Edit: Oh, and I also updated the list. Check it out to make sure I got you.
    See, counterattack can be defined many ways.
    In this context, my personal favorite is leaving 2-4 Zerlings out of your base but near by enough to move in. Cut people off from retreating down a ramp, that sort of thing. Astonishingly useful, as most people don't use an attack move when they retreat, and the zerlings sometimes get lost in the shuffle. They're tiny, so sometimes you luck out and the opponent doesn't realize they are there until they see their units getting stuck and bumbling around like idiots.

    Of course, one attack move later, they're vaporized but hey.

    And sometimes harassing an army as they attempt to retreat is more effective than actually fighting it head on. Parting shots against Terran Bio-balls especially, as the medivacs will usually be out of position if the oppenent really decides to cut and run for it.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Legoshrimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The lake in Legoland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    See, counterattack can be defined many ways.
    In this context, my personal favorite is leaving 2-4 Zerlings out of your base but near by enough to move in. Cut people off from retreating down a ramp, that sort of thing. Astonishingly useful, as most people don't use an attack move when they retreat, and the zerlings sometimes get lost in the shuffle. They're tiny, so sometimes you luck out and the opponent doesn't realize they are there until they see their units getting stuck and bumbling around like idiots.

    Of course, one attack move later, they're vaporized but hey.

    And sometimes harassing an army as they attempt to retreat is more effective than actually fighting it head on. Parting shots against Terran Bio-balls especially, as the medivacs will usually be out of position if the oppenent really decides to cut and run for it.
    Thats not a counter attack, that is a flank. Day9 said what he wanted is basically if you see your enemy move into the middle of the map, grab your army move it around and attack their base.
    Avatar by Neoseph7
    For my other dragons go here.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    It'd be nice if you told us anything beyond the fact that you control one unit, because honestly there are a lot of customs games where you control one unit, and it can go a lot of different ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    Sounds like DotA or LoL. Any differences?
    It is a DotA clone, but its a bit simplified. It does have a bit more focus on the creeps, you can upgrade your teams guys and buildings. Also, the teams are race-specific, so you vote on a race for your team. You can have a zergvszerg or whatever, but you cant have heroes from different races on the same team.(No medic and ultralisk for you!)
    There are also only shops inside the bases, and the items vary for the races. (The basic ones are constant though, like +10/25/50% armor/energy/damage, or the +2% to stats. Those are for all the races.) It is a fun game, though you WILL get a team of idiots and be facing a premade bunch of pros who enjoy "pubstomping" if you just join a game instantly. Beating the "pros" is great fun.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-03-02 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Good lord I am incoherent
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Sounds like every MOBA game then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

    Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    I recently started playing Starcraft 2 again, this time playing Zerg on ladder instead of Terran, and oh boy the game is so much more challenging now. I had a 3-rax Stim, Shield +1 Damage Marine push I did in every matchup when I played Terran, and it carried me straight to Diamond and eventually Master when it was released.

    My biggest problem right now is my mechanics are really lackluster. My macro now compared to half a year ago just outright sucks, so I don't feel ready for 1v1 laddering. I've tried team games and practice games with some of my American friends, but they're all around Bronze-Gold league, so I don't feel like I'm getting that much practice out of it.

    Would anyone be interested in some regular practice games or 2v2/3v3 team games? I've access to both an American and a European account. I probably belong in high Gold low Plat right now, and I'd really like to step my game up again.
    English is a second language etc etc.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Just hit the GitP channel. There's almost always some plat or diamond players in there who'd be willing to help. I'm always there when I log on.

  19. - Top - End - #139

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Last I played I was Gold, but holy cow that was ages ago. I'm always considering going back to play some games, but then I remember that it takes 7 years to open SC2 on my aged computer, and then just go play LoL instead.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    TotalBisquit is apparently hosting a Pro Monobattles Challenge.

    tl;dr 4v4 Monobattles with HayprO, Jinro, Sheth and The Little One for 1000 dollars casted by The Cynical Brit.


    So much awesomeness.
    English is a second language etc etc.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Legoshrimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The lake in Legoland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Today is the next gitp sc2 session, so hope to see people here! It starts in about 2 hours, 5 EST
    Avatar by Neoseph7
    For my other dragons go here.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    I don't know why... but I can't stop watching this video and everytime I do watch it, I always laugh. I just don't know why!

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Wow, epic scream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

    Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Othesemo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    I'm loving the Phoenix upgrade. They're considerably more fun to strafe zerg with now.
    Avatar by Babale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else
    *sycophancy*

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Where ever trouble brews
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    I'm loving the Phoenix upgrade. They're considerably more fun to strafe zerg with now.
    Just remember and then start taking out their overlords, you can supply block them. In the early game, that can be killer. For every overlord you kill, your also up 100 minerals and a larva.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Thiyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Just remember and then start taking out their overlords, you can supply block them. In the early game, that can be killer. For every overlord you kill, your also up 100 minerals and a larva.
    Sadly, that only starts working well once they spread their overlords for scouting, or if they're leaving their base without anti-air. That said, when you get the opportunity, snipe away, it's great to pop those little blimps.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.


    Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

    Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Where ever trouble brews
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    When they leave their base? Pffft. 2-4 Phoenix is all you need for a daring raid. In and out in 20 seconds. Repeat. And if they throw their Queen at you, it's just begging to get picked up. I mean, no one gets Hydralisks.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Silverraptor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    A nice, sparkly place.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Hey guys. I really feel like monobattling for this weeks session. Hope to see you all there!

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Zagreb

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    I've got a sweet little strategy vs a FFE toss (a combination of my usual 11 pool and a funday monday topic), that works on certain maps (Shakuras, Taldarim, Antiga). Here are the replays:

    Replay1
    Replay2
    replay3
    replay4

    This is the summary:
    9 overlord
    10 scout
    11 pool
    build drones to 14

    now your scouting drone should be in the base of the FFE toss. Depending on what you see you can go 2-6 lings and pressure his front or do a runby. At around 17 food you should have enough minerals to build another hatchery, use your scouting probe to build a hatchery in his base. While the offensive hatch is building you will have enough mins to start your natural as well.

    Your main goal is to runby your first lings into his base, to protect the hatchery. Once the hathery is up, start building queens, drones for spine crawlers and lings. Offensive crawlers for the win.

    Even if scouted the toss will usually use up more resources to deal with the offensive hatch
    Last edited by Tehnar; 2012-03-08 at 08:16 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Thiyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: Starcraft 2: 8 Medivac drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    When they leave their base? Pffft. 2-4 Phoenix is all you need for a daring raid. In and out in 20 seconds. Repeat. And if they throw their Queen at you, it's just begging to get picked up. I mean, no one gets Hydralisks.
    Sadly, I tend to see both a decent chunk of hydras and by default at least one spore. And even with 4 phoenixes, 20 seconds is gonna be about two or three ovies. A pain, but I tend to see ovies overproduced for scouting anyway.

    Though now I'm remembering running into a ton of hydra while going air and still winning due to the magic of phoenixes. Weird, it's like phoenixes are good or something.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.


    Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

    Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •