New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII D20 Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (version 1.10)

You still haven't explained why he only has 3 skills out of 8 possible. Your math doesn't add up. If you're going to stick to math only rules everything, don't SHORTCHANGE characters either.

On Limits, we propose 30-wis to make sure higher wis characters can reach limits easier then fools.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I have corrected Sephiroth but I have yet to post the new stat block yet. You dont have to sound so agressive and you picked the wrong day to do so. Think before you post.

3. - Top - End - #303

BlackDragon

Any more feedback on the system? Also, I have created a new Materia system and have posted it on the FF7 d20 Facebook page for review. You may be surprised by it :)

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Only ask for advice if you're going to accept the advice you get. That's why I stopped posting in your thread.

5. - Top - End - #305

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Only ask for advice if you're going to accept the advice you get. That's why I stopped posting in your thread.
    I do accept advice, but in your previous post you came across as very rude. You wouldn't like it if someone else done that to you.

6. - Top - End - #306

BlackDragon

Just so everyone is in the loop, these are some of the following changes from version 1 to the new version 2:
    1. Skill Training is abolished, instead going back to skill ranks of d&d 3.5 and Star Wars Revised Core.
    2. Introducing the Bloodied system, borrowed from 4E. Some races will have abilities that trigger against bloodied targets or when bloodied.
    3. Materia system is far more inline with the original FF7 game, with added materia from the expanded compilation.
    4. Limit breaks can only be activated once bloodied.
    5. Compressed Climb, Jump, and Swim skills into the Athletics skill. Added two new subsets of the Knowledge skill: Ancient Lore and Magic Lore. Added the Profession skill from SW Revised Core, and added Thievery from D&D 4E.

Excited? So am I Lets welcome Version 2 with open arms.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I notice that there's going to be a 2.0 update coming out soon, is there an ETA on that? I was hoping to read the current un-updated playbook just to see some of the rules and such and gain familiarity of them, but they've been taken off from the download page. Just wondering how long we'll have to wait before 2.0 is released, or if there's anywhere else I could download 1.10 from? Thanks man!

8. - Top - End - #308

BlackDragon

Thanks for the post Vestige. The pdfs relating to Version 1 can still be obtained through my official FF7 d20 Facebook page.

Version 2.0 ETA will be January/February, depending on circumstances.

Sorry if I can't be of any more help. Feedback of what I have done so far on V2 (see Facebook page) is desperately needed.

9. - Top - End - #309

BlackDragon

MAJOR UPDATE:

FINAL FANTASY VII THE ROLEPLAYING GAME - CORE RULEBOOK

RELEASE: January 2015

Level progression has increased from 20 to 50.

Skills will have a system based on proficiency and skill points, adding Thievery, Athletics, Streetwise, and Performance as skills.

Materia is more in line with the original FF7 game (levels and AP)

Enemy skill is now a materia that allows you to use monster skills you are proficient in (monster skills will work like force skills of Star Wars revised core)

Command materia is making a debut.

Limit breaks are now class techniques.

The 12 classes are Assassin, Beastmaster, Berserker, Dragoon, Fighter, Machinist, Mage, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, and Scholar

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    MAJOR UPDATE:

FINAL FANTASY VII THE ROLEPLAYING GAME - CORE RULEBOOK

RELEASE: January 2015

Level progression has increased from 20 to 50.

Skills will have a system based on proficiency and skill points, adding Thievery, Athletics, Streetwise, and Performance as skills.

Materia is more in line with the original FF7 game (levels and AP)

Enemy skill is now a materia that allows you to use monster skills you are proficient in (monster skills will work like force skills of Star Wars revised core)

Command materia is making a debut.

Limit breaks are now class techniques.

The 12 classes are Assassin, Beastmaster, Berserker, Dragoon, Fighter, Machinist, Mage, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, and Scholar
    many thanks for this :)
    would you be willing to expand a bit on this universe, by trying to incorporate things from other games?

11. - Top - End - #311

BlackDragon

If abilities from other ff games fit the ff7 universe then yes I will. What did you have in mind?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

A couple of my favourite abilities from the other games...

A practical Example: Grand Cross, which is in FFT, FFIX, FFV

13. - Top - End - #313

BlackDragon

Could be incorporated. What class would best suit it do you think?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

hmm, it would either be an enemy-only skill or something related to the Time Mage. Can't really think of anything else.

Secondly, Flare Star (FFVI-FFIX, to name a few)-. It would suit Seraph Sephiroth so good :P and its formula is very easy, in-game
    X (often 35/40/50) * Target Level

15. - Top - End - #315

BlackDragon

I would more likely make them both monster abilities. I will be using Steiner's sword art abilities from 9, the break abilities will be part of the samurai class, while the others will be for the fighter class

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

yeah it would be wonderful to make your project also a criss-cross with the best of other series, since you're the only one that actually cares about it. I'd love also, once you feel it's finalized enough, to help you convert it to 5E.

how would the Aeons\Dark Aeons from FFX feel in your manual?

17. - Top - End - #317

BlackDragon

Version 2 will be a completely new system, with very little input from D&D. The only things drawn from 4E are:

Combat rules
    Multiclass feats
    Bloodied system
    Class techniques having similarities with 4E powers.

The skill system is a fusion of the skill rank system of 3.5 and the skill proficiency system of 5E. If you go to my facebook page you will see everything done for version 2 so far.

As for incorporating other ff games, this is strictly The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, but I will incorporate abilities from other ff games if they can fit into the ff7 universe.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

well, it'd be more of an expansion. I always thought that Seraph Sephiroth could have one skill from all other final bosses, considering that he's still the one considered most powerful of the Original 10 games.

And in Crisis core you fight Aeons :P
    Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 2014-10-28 at 06:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

BlackDragon

When it comes to Aeons, I'm having them as deities that the Cetra and other races choose to worship, keeping the religious tone in the compilation. Minerva, being the creator goddess, is the mother of the deities, as well as causing the existence of the lifestream.

Player characters, as an optional choice, can choose to worship a single deity and their chosen deity grants them a once per day technique.

So far, there are 9 deities: Bahamut, Hades, Ifrit, Leviathan, Odin, Phoenix, Ramuh, Shiva, and Titan.

Also, when you fight Aeons in crisis core, they were summoned from materia, which the caster prolonged their staying on the battlefield with a special ability. This ability in still working on as I don't know whether to make it a class ability or a feat lol

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

including Minerva, that makes 10?
    what about the variations of Bahamut and Jenova?

21. - Top - End - #321

BlackDragon

I have noted in Bahamut's description that he appears in many forms, but they all represent honour and virtue.

As for JENOVA, I yet to add to it. There isn't a good-evil axis like D&D. I think JENOVA would be best suited as a parasitic monster, but what are your thoughts?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jenova is like one of those Elder Evils \ Lovecraftian monsters, a mixture between an Aberration and an Outsider, perhaps?

23. - Top - End - #323

BlackDragon

That could work. jenova could be classed as an Abberation (parasite)

24. - Top - End - #324
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jenova can definitely qualify as some sort of Elder Evil, in my opinion.

25. - Top - End - #325

BlackDragon

One question, what do you guys mean when you say Elder Evil? JENOVA is the cause and creation of various mutilated monsters so it would have spawning and mutilation abilities

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

it's like Carpenter's the Thing. a Mindless creature that can do nothing but destruction. An aberration, but evil to us.

27. - Top - End - #327

Er, no, Ansem, an Elder Evil is defined and that is not it.

Elder Evils, defined in a sourcebook by the same name, are basically D&D Final Bosses. Cosmic-level threats that are immune to the actions of gods pretty much as a matter of course, and their awakening/manifesting/arrival dooms the entire campaign world. This can be through blind destruction, assimilation like Jenova does, or something even weirder.

Jenova (and Lavos) are basically key examples, along with beings such as Cthulhu.

28. - Top - End - #328

BlackDragon

So from a monster point of view, would, say, JENOVA Synthesis be a lvl 50 Abberation (parasite)?

Abilities include Mimicry, Assimilate, and status-inflicting powers

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
    Er, no, Ansem, an Elder Evil is defined and that is not it.

Elder Evils, defined in a sourcebook by the same name, are basically D&D Final Bosses. Cosmic-level threats that are immune to the actions of gods pretty much as a matter of course, and their awakening/manifesting/arrival dooms the entire campaign world. This can be through blind destruction, assimilation like Jenova does, or something even weirder.

Jenova (and Lavos) are basically key examples, along with beings such as Cthulhu.
    lighten up. FFVII is not D&D, that was the closest definition I could come by in-universe.

30. - Top - End - #330

Marc was asking what we meant by the term. "What it means in FF7" is irrelevant and unhelpful if he doesn't know what the term means in general.

Level 50 might be a bit high. 30-40 seems appropriate.