New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII D20 Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (version 1.10)

I could download everything. I expect Safer Sephiroth with huge anticipation :D

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

This is an old thread but the links are in my signiature.
    Also, I haven't done any of the limit forms yet, would you be able to help me with them?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

I haven't been able to download the core rule book. All it says is:

ERROR: Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

Help me out here?

4. - Top - End - #94

BlackDragon

I'm posting from my phone and away from my computer but will sort out the problem when I get home.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

If there's any problems with the downloads, I can host them on a mirror that's a direct download click. :P

6. - Top - End - #96

BlackDragon

What version of the books have you got, Servbot? They should be 1.16 and should be named as they are in my signiature.

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    What version of the books have you got, Servbot? They should be 1.16 and should be named as they are in my signiature.
    Well, mine are a little older. Downloaded them ages ago. If you can get me a working download to the newest ones (you're also free to e-mail me the books via my profile) I'll upload them and give you a link here.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

When I try using the links in your signature I get the message "Permission denied by uploader".

9. - Top - End - #99

BlackDragon

Yay, the new link in my signature is working
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2013-02-01 at 04:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

BlackDragon

Forget the last post, I just tried the link again and still no luck. Servbot, I tried emailing you the books but it won't allow me to attach files. Help?

11. - Top - End - #101

Uh, hm, huh. That's certainly odd! What size are the files? http://boonce.org/ These guys allow a 32mb zip file, and if you can link me that I can deliver a download link from my place. D:

12. - Top - End - #102

BlackDragon

Thanks Servbot.im at work at the moment so will make a new link by tonight.

13. - Top - End - #103

BlackDragon

Ok, Thanks to Servbot, i now have a fully working link to my books for everyone to download and view at their pleasure . so, without further ado, i give you:

FINAL FANTASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME v1.17

The link in my signature is also working now, as well.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you Marc_In_Da_Room and Servebot!
    Last edited by DarkSunLord1; 2013-02-03 at 03:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

BlackDragon

you are welcome. The monster manual isn't finished so if you would like to help me with monster stats I'll be most greatful.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

One thing I'd like to ask, with the double barrel pistol, it damage is listed as 3d8, yet the description says to roll damage twice, does that mean it would deal 6d8? Even if it uses ammo twice as quick as a normal pistol that's just insanely strong

17. - Top - End - #107

BlackDragon

Sorry that was an error I thought I had corrected. I was just describing it as a weapon that uses twice as much ammo as it fires two bullets instead of one, but the damage is only 3d8, not rolled twice.

18. - Top - End - #108

BlackDragon

Any thoughts on the system?

19. - Top - End - #109

ElfRangerGuy

Overall I find it pretty well done (the magic rules in particular are good considering how unique they are in saga edition), I just need a complete monster manual for a proper play test (on that note, I would play test the original 'era,' any advice on how to track exp? I was thinking Cloud and the others would be lvl 10 by the time Sephiroth summons meteor)

20. - Top - End - #110

BlackDragon

Thanks Solidchaos. What do you mean by tracking exp? And for who? If you meant the original characters of ff7, I would say Cloud would be a fighter 1/mage 1 at the start of ff7, Barrett would be a rogue 2, Tifa would be a fighter 2, and Aerith would be a rogue 1/mage 1.

21. - Top - End - #111

ElfRangerGuy

Thanks Solidchaos. What do you mean by tracking exp? And for who? If you meant the original characters of ff7, I would say Cloud would be a fighter 1/mage 1 at the start of ff7, Barrett would be a rogue 2, Tifa would be a fighter 2, and Aerith would be a rogue 1/mage 1.
    Ultimately I was going to have one of my 'at home' players go along with the main story as an extra character (kinda like white knight chronicles with the player avatar) I was more asking what level SHOULD certain characters be by certain points in the story. I figured level 2 would be a good start for the mako reactor, but what about the first northern crater trip? (After the mountain climb)

22. - Top - End - #112

BlackDragon

On that note, Solidchaos, i would say level 9-11. only reason because i statted Aerith to be level 10 when she dies at the end of disc 1.

23. - Top - End - #113

ElfRangerGuy

Cool, thanks for the advice, I'm just trying to get a friend to help me play test the rules. Having resistance lol, the main story I'd actually use is this scenario.

http://silvertech.wikispaces.com/

Are you familiar with this? Thereturnergames made a ffrpg several years back and these people took the ff7 settin and made a fan expansion set roughly 100 years after the end of the original game.

24. - Top - End - #114

BlackDragon

I can't say that I am familiar with it but its worth having a look. If SE make more games/films for the CoFF7 then I will make campaign guides for my system.

25. - Top - End - #115

ElfRangerGuy

Well, these guys have been done with that particular setting for a couple of years at least, I was particularly interested in Silvertech's LEGION and thralls (the organizations answer to Shinra's SOLDIER and Turks respectively)

Anyway, more constructive criticism: I realize the the classes hit die and mp die seem largely inconsistent. The fighter has both the highest hit die and the second highest mp while the Mage ha both the highest hp AND mp.

IMO that wrecks havoc on balance, you should readjust hp and mp according to class.
    My opinion in hit die:
    D12: Fighter
    D10: SOLDIER, Scout
    D8: Noble, Rogue
    D6: Mage

Now mp:
    D10: Mage
    D6:Noble, Rogue
    D4: SOLDIER, Scout
    D3: Fighter

This is just my opinion, feel free to keep it as such if you like, just sharing my thoughts.
    Last edited by Solidchaos; 2013-02-07 at 02:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

BlackDragon

Thanks for the advice. How about I change it to this:

Hit Points
    D12: Fighter, SOLDIER
    D10: Noble, scout
    D8: Mage, rogue

Magic Points
    D6: Mage, noble
    D4: Rogue, SOLDIER
    D3: Fighter, scout

How does that look?

27. - Top - End - #117

ElfRangerGuy

Thanks for the advice. How about I change it to this:

Hit Points
    D12: Fighter, SOLDIER
    D10: Noble, scout
    D8: Mage, rogue

Magic Points
    D6: Mage, noble
    D4: Rogue, SOLDIER
    D3: Fighter, scout

How does that look?
    It's your system ultimately, that seems good but I would give the Mage a lesser hit die (adventuring gods decree that mages be squishy) and the lone highest mp die

28. - Top - End - #118

BlackDragon

Thanks for the advice, but im going to keep it as I put it in my last post. Reason being is because hit die for player characters have always been d12, d10 and d8 in my system (any lower is considered non-heroic or chocobo). As regards to mp die, I won't go higher than d6 because I want to stay true to the CoFF7 in that magic points have always been lower than hit points.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2013-02-07 at 12:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

ElfRangerGuy

Fair enough, and I can accept that: up until you get the hp-mp swap materia, and your hp became 999 and mp 9999
    Last edited by Solidchaos; 2013-02-07 at 02:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

BlackDragon

That is true, and its for that reason why I didn't covert the hp-mp materia into the d20 system lol.

Any more feedback on the books?