New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII D20 Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (version 1.10)

Ok, an update on some of the changes I have made for version 1.18:

• - Scout's MD is now d4, making Mage the sole base class with d6 MD.
      - SOLDIER is removed as a base class, with its talent tress being moved to either Scout or to the JENOVA and the Cetra chapter under the heading Mako Talents.
      - Toned down the racial traits of each race so that they are not too overpowering.
      - The insect chapter of the Monster Manual is now finished.
      - More typos and bad spelling/grammar corrected.

anyone have anymore thoughts on the system?
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2013-03-20 at 04:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Very interested in seeing the Monster Manual update, did you also take my suggestion of altering summon size into consideration?

3. - Top - End - #183

BlackDragon

I did and I will look over them. Alexander was big in 7 but no where near as big as its counterpart in 9.

4. - Top - End - #184

ElfRangerGuy

Fair enough, but I'd at least cap him as huge (ultimately your call)

5. - Top - End - #185

BlackDragon

That's what I was thinking.

Also, more updates for version 1.18.

• The mutant chapter of the Monster Manual is now finished.
    • Some summon monsters have been re-sized and re-statted.
    • Added Difficulties to the game, located in the Heroic Traits chapter.
    • Updated the Playtesters and Contributors section located on the last page before the back cover.

6. - Top - End - #186

Count me in. Signed up for the forum, and I'd love to help however needed.
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Origas of the Conflagration
    Gnaritas the Balancer
    Aenum, Keeper of Secrets, Teacher of Magic
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger
    Mother of Monsters, She Who Births

7. - Top - End - #187

BlackDragon

Thank you Darkstone, I really appreciate it. Is your user name on my forum Dark? If it is then that's ok. I've been clearing the forum of spammers and its becoming a daily routine.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    Thank you Darkstone, I really appreciate it. Is your user name on my forum Dark? If it is then that's ok. I've been clearing the forum of spammers and its becoming a daily routine.
    Yes, yes it is. And thank you! You've put so much effort into this already. I'd love to help out however possible.
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Gnaritas the Balancer
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger

9. - Top - End - #189

BlackDragon

Thank you :D

have a read through the books and see what needs changing or correcting if you want. Any ideas on how to improve the system is greatly appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #190

Thank you :D

have a read through the books and see what needs changing or correcting if you want. Any ideas on how to improve the system is greatly appreciated.
    What first jumped out at me is how potent the Golem is. Full blindsight, out to normal vision range? That is quite potent. Usually there is a limit, often a multiple of 30. 15, 30, or 60 feet are the usual amounts; in this case, I would suggest maybe 30 ft.

In the Sahagin's traits, it says
    Automatic Languages: basic and saha.
    I believe it should be capitalized, yes?

Speed: Vajradhara base speed is 8 squares.
    They have the same base speed as the wolfion? Error or on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfion Basic Traits
    +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int, -2 Cha.
    I dispute the -2 Int. Nanaki was brilliant, as intelligent as Hojo, potentially. I might instead have a -2 Wis, because he was rather rash at times, and I could see that being an overall trait of the race.

Fighter, mage 36 + Constitution modifier
    ...mages have a large amount of HP? Is that an error? Based on earlier sections of the thread, I think you may have already adjusted that in v1.18.

The noble table is in the middle of the mage talents. Should it be closer to the noble?

Quote Originally Posted by How Multiclassing Works
    He gains a 1st level fighter’s hit points (1d10 + his Constitution modifier), a 1
    Noted the incorrect fighter HP listed.

Mages only have 1+Int skills? That's rather low, isn't it?

In the feat table, I would include lines between the sections to better designate where the next feat-to-effect columns lie.

A question: how does one gain Mark of a SOLDIER if there is no SOLDIER base class? Is it instead based on Prestige Class?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent: Divinity
    When your hit points are reduced to less than one-third of its total score due to an enemy attack, you gain additional hit points equal to your level x two. And damage received must first be subtracted from the additional hit points, and any additional hit points remaining at the end of the encounter are removed.
    I'm assuming something was there before in the original version or something, because that doesn't make grammatical sense.

Perhaps the Limit Bar should increase by increments? More when damaged more, less when damaged less. This would mean it would probably be larger (going by the Wisdom thing, 2x or 3x Wis, maybe? Or Wis x2 +10? Wis x2 +lvl?). Maybe every 5 points dealt to the character, 1 point is added to the limit bar? Or for every 5% of their health lost?

EDIT: Sorry there's so much, I just went through the whole Player's Handbook.
    Last edited by thedarkstone; 2013-04-03 at 01:17 PM.

Gnaritas the Balancer

11. - Top - End - #191

BlackDragon

Thanks for pointing out those segments darkstone.

First on the grammatical issue, it was suppose to read "any" instead of "and".

I didn't capitalise any of the languages.

Wolfions have 8 squares because they are quadrupeds and Vajradhara are large-size so they too have 8 squares speed.

I'll change the Golem's blindsight range.

I agree with your input concerning the -2 Int. Wolfions should get a -2 to wisdom instead.

You gain Mark of a SOLDIER when you go through the Mako Infusion process, basically you need to join SOLDIER or have been an experiment of Hojo to get it.

Mages now get the lowest hit points/ highest magic points. Fighters get the highest hit points/lowest magic points.

As for the feats table, I don't wish to sound rude but im not going to idiot-proof the book. As long as people can read the column heading it should be fine.

Once again thanks for the time to look of it, and im thinking of making a couple more limit feats that will help with increasing the bar more.

Anything else you noticed?

12. - Top - End - #192

Thanks for pointing out those segments darkstone.

First on the grammatical issue, it was suppose to read "any" instead of "and".

I didn't capitalise any of the languages.

Wolfions have 8 squares because they are quadrupeds and Vajradhara are large-size so they too have 8 squares speed.

I'll change the Golem's blindsight range.

I agree with your input concerning the -2 Int. Wolfions should get a -2 to wisdom instead.

You gain Mark of a SOLDIER when you go through the Mako Infusion process, basically you need to join SOLDIER or have been an experiment of Hojo to get it.

Mages now get the lowest hit points/ highest magic points. Fighters get the highest hit points/lowest magic points.

As for the feats table, I don't wish to sound rude but im not going to idiot-proof the book. As long as people can read the column heading it should be fine.

Once again thanks for the time to look of it, and im thinking of making a couple more limit feats that will help with increasing the bar more.

Anything else you noticed?
    Honestly, that's about it. I'm going to take a more detailed read through of the skills and feats, as well as class features, for any grammatical error or the like, or any clarity issues.

Not idiotproofing is fine. I don't mind at all.

EDIT: Oftentimes, most large creatures lose BLS. Case in point: Ogres, Trolls...
    Last edited by thedarkstone; 2013-04-03 at 04:01 PM.

Gnaritas the Balancer

13. - Top - End - #193

BlackDragon

Thank you once again, I appreciate all the help I can get. What speed should Vajradhara have? 6 squares or 4?

14. - Top - End - #194

Thank you once again, I appreciate all the help I can get. What speed should Vajradhara have? 6 squares or 4?
    Hmm... I would personally say 4, considering all of the benefits they get from their size.

Also, no problem! If you need help with anything at all, I'm willing to help, up to and including content generation.

Gnaritas the Balancer

15. - Top - End - #195

BlackDragon

If there is anything from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII that you feel could be converted into d20 that isn't already covered then by all means create a framework for it and post it here. We can develop it as we go on.

16. - Top - End - #196

If there is anything from the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII that you feel could be converted into d20 that isn't already covered then by all means create a framework for it and post it here. We can develop it as we go on.
    You've covered most of it. I'm going to see what I can remember, see if there's anything I can work on converting.

Gnaritas the Balancer

17. - Top - End - #197

BlackDragon

Thank you. It could be something like noticing a character using fighting abilities and creating a talent tree or a talent for it.

18. - Top - End - #198

Thank you. It could be something like noticing a character using fighting abilities and creating a talent tree or a talent for it.
    Also true. I'll see what I can come up with. Trying to remember the capabilities of various characters...

Gnaritas the Balancer

19. - Top - End - #199

BlackDragon

Today is joyous day for i have finished the Monster Manual . So, without further ado i present to you all....

FINAL FANASY VII D20 ROLEPLAYING GAME V1.18

20. - Top - End - #200

ElfRangerGuy

Outstanding, maybe now I can actually convince my group to play test this (one thing tho: two of the monsters, Sword Dance and Corvette, I'd have pegged as machine type monsters)

21. - Top - End - #201

BlackDragon

What makes you say that? I've always seen them a floating serpent-like animals.

22. - Top - End - #202

ElfRangerGuy

Primarily the fact that Sword Dance at least looks like a floating buzz saw in the shape of a creature and its encountered ONLY in Shinra HQ (a very tech heavy area for enemies) if they are animals, they are heavily modified by cybernetics (can't say I've run into Corvette yet, but then I haven't 100%ed the game)

23. - Top - End - #203

BlackDragon

Good point. I'm going to go with that they were altered by cybernetics. The Blood Taste was altered with cybernetics in Dirge of Cerberus so its not stretching it too far.

24. - Top - End - #204

BlackDragon

Which leads swiftly into this question: should I incorporate the rules on cybernetics from the Star Wars Saga Edition?
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2013-04-06 at 11:44 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205

ElfRangerGuy

Don't see why not? Especially when you consider Barret's arm (Advent Children) and that woman from Dirge of Cerberus (forgot her name)

26. - Top - End - #206

BlackDragon

Dr Shalua Riu. Ok, then I will include them. Anything else you've seen that needs attention?

27. - Top - End - #207

ElfRangerGuy

Beyond the Sorcerer prestige class getting a d12 hd (same problem as pure Mage at first lol, don't know how I missed it), nothing else really stands out as problematic

28. - Top - End - #208

BlackDragon

When it comes to the prestige classes, d12 isn't the highest nor is it the lowest. It goes (as I can remember off the top of my head, not got the pdfs in front of me) d10, d12, 2d10, and 2d12.

29. - Top - End - #209

ElfRangerGuy

Regarding prestige hd, lowest I've seen is d8 (detective, officer and some others), d10, d12 and 2d8 was highest I saw

30. - Top - End - #210

BlackDragon

I know. I just checked the pdf now lol. I'll change the Sorcerer's HD to d10, or is d8 more appropriate?