New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII D20 Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (version 1.10)

This is just a fantasy stereotype I've always seen, mages in any setting have always been squishy (pathfinder's magus excluded, summoner too), so I'd peg it as d8

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ok thanks. Considering that prestige classes are suppose to improve a particular chosen pathway as it were (sorry, bad at explaining lol) and the mage is already d8, im going to change the Sorcerer HD to d10.

3. - Top - End - #213

ElfRangerGuy

As I said many times, it's your system, so it's your call. A d10 is fine.
    Last edited by Solidchaos; 2013-04-08 at 08:41 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214

BlackDragon

Thank you for your help and support. Let me know how your game goes and give me any feedback from it.

5. - Top - End - #215

ElfRangerGuy

Provided I start it soonish i certainly will let you know

6. - Top - End - #216

BlackDragon

Any more feedback from anyone?

7. - Top - End - #217

ElfRangerGuy

Not so much feedback as a thought: are you familiar with the saga edition campaign Dawn of Defiance? It was a free series on the Wizards of the Coast site, since your system is saga edition, what kind of changes would you make? (Consider this a harmless challenge.)
    :)

8. - Top - End - #218

BlackDragon

I haven't heard of it but if you can provide a link for quick reference then I'll have a look at it and will respond to your question

9. - Top - End - #219

ElfRangerGuy

http://www.mediafire.com/?aljbej5jdkn

Just checked it myself from the wizards site: still valid (got some extra adventures too) have fun!

10. - Top - End - #220

BlackDragon

Thanks for that. I'll have a look and I'll get back to you.

11. - Top - End - #221

BlackDragon

Ok, after taking a brief look at the Dawn of Defiance campaign, im going to add the Mass Battle combat rules to the final fantasy VII d20 RPG. I'm also considering making a series of pre-made adventures for it as well.

Should the adventures take place in between Sons of JENOVA and the Meteorfall eras or in between the Meteorfall and the Awakening eras? What does everyone think?

12. - Top - End - #222

ElfRangerGuy

Those timeframes could work, I also believe it would make a good alternate take on the Meteorfall crisis.

13. - Top - End - #223

BlackDragon

Anymore thoughts on the system?

Also, to all those who have been patiently waiting for the completed monster manual, what do you think of it?

14. - Top - End - #224

ElfRangerGuy

Very well done IMHO, contains the vast majority (if not entirety) of the ff7 bestiary. Would've expected some original work tho (may have missed it)

15. - Top - End - #225

BlackDragon

Wasn't the rules on chocobo breeding enough original work for the MM? Lol

Also, I made two feats which are exclusive to monsters (somewhere on the first 4 or 5 pages of chapter 2)
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2013-05-06 at 01:19 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226

ElfRangerGuy

I misspoke, my bad. I meant some original creatures (or some other final fantasy beasties, like Omega or Gilgamesh) but this is 7 so no need :P

17. - Top - End - #227

BlackDragon

omega WEAPON is in there, if that's any help lol

18. - Top - End - #228

BlackDragon

Does anyone have any updates or comments?

19. - Top - End - #229

ElfRangerGuy

Nothing off the top of my head personally, I leave it to anyone else to point out anything I may have missed

20. - Top - End - #230

BlackDragon

Thanks for all the help you have given me, Solidchaos. I very much appreciate it. Let me know how your home game goes :D

21. - Top - End - #231

BlackDragon

As a reminder to everyone, this is now a COMPLETE system. All it needs now are heavy reviews and input from yourselves.

Link to the current version (1.18) can be found in my signature.

Any thoughts?

22. - Top - End - #232

BlackDragon

Is there anymore feedback on the system?

23. - Top - End - #233

BlackDragon

If anyone is interested in playtesting this system, please let me know. Only condition I have is that im not gamemastering (I want to be a player :()

24. - Top - End - #234

BlackDragon

25. - Top - End - #235

Haven't been able to form a group nearby me yet, partially from time constraints, partially from lack of D&Ders who also know FFVII.
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Origas of the Conflagration
    Gnaritas the Balancer
    Aenum, Keeper of Secrets, Teacher of Magic
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger
    Mother of Monsters, She Who Births

26. - Top - End - #236

BlackDragon

That's not a problem, let me know how it goes once you get a group together

27. - Top - End - #237

ElfRangerGuy

Been a while :)
    Just thought I'd pass along something of interest that you might adjust and add to your system: do you by chance have the Ultimate Campaign for the Pathfinder rpg? It presents some optional rules for background generating, running a business and even a kingdom. Those could be converted into creating Shinra as a 'kingdom' type business. And background generation could be interesting for original story type roleplay.

28. - Top - End - #238

BlackDragon

Indeed it has been a while :D
    Actually, I won't be adding anymore content unless SE makes another title in the CoFF7 and even then I'll be making a campaign guide for it. This is a complete system as it stands at the moment with just fine-tuning and corrections that need doing.

Thank you anyway for advice. Depending on the game/film SE makes for the Compilation next, I may indeed be using those things in Ultimate Campaign ;-)

29. - Top - End - #239

BlackDragon

Does anyone have anymore feedback on the books and/or system as whole?

Also, are there anyone who is playing a game using this system? If so, please let me know how its going :)

30. - Top - End - #240

BlackDragon