New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy VII D20 Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (version 1.10)

Sorry, been working 40 hour weeks. I have a list somewhere, but I'll need to find it. When I do, I'll let you know.
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Origas of the Conflagration
    Gnaritas the Balancer
    Aenum, Keeper of Secrets, Teacher of Magic
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger
    Mother of Monsters, She Who Births

2. - Top - End - #242

BlackDragon

Thank you Darkstone, I thought everyone forgot about this lol

3. - Top - End - #243
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Not at all, I simply offered all the advice I could, and my crew is just unwilling to use fanmade content. (and my gf is anti-final fantasy atm)

4. - Top - End - #244

BlackDragon

Your advice has been helpful, thank you. Why are your friends unwilling to play using fanmade content?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

I like it, I especially like the monsters, you have NO IDEA How many attempts at d&D Stats for FFVII Monsters Iv'e seen ether grotesquely over or under powered but you forgot a few of my favorites, The Hellhouse, (A creepy walking gingerbread house) The Heavy Tank (A cyborg triceratops with tank treads for rear legs) the hammer blaster (A teleporting hammer wielding golem) and of course one of my personal favorites the Madouge (a lumbering flail wielding mutant humanoid...thing) Other than a few nitpicks, the monsters are well done, the rules are well done and capture the feel of FFVII quite well with it's blend of high-tech and fantasy quite well, excellent work
    The Cheese, It Watches me!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_In_Da_Room View Post
    Your advice has been helpful, thank you. Why are your friends unwilling to play using fanmade content?
    I think it's more accurate to say I'm the only one that's really into FF7 itself, they're willing to try it after I explained it's basically a modified version of Star Wars Saga Edition, but there's still the matter of conflicting schedules (though I was not joking about my GF being anti-FF, maybe if I threw in elements from 13)

7. - Top - End - #247

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by MrAdam View Post
    I like it, I especially like the monsters, you have NO IDEA How many attempts at d&D Stats for FFVII Monsters Iv'e seen ether grotesquely over or under powered but you forgot a few of my favorites, The Hellhouse, (A creepy walking gingerbread house) The Heavy Tank (A cyborg triceratops with tank treads for rear legs) the hammer blaster (A teleporting hammer wielding golem) and of course one of my personal favorites the Madouge (a lumbering flail wielding mutant humanoid...thing) Other than a few nitpicks, the monsters are well done, the rules are well done and capture the feel of FFVII quite well with it's blend of high-tech and fantasy quite well, excellent work
    thank you MrAdam, some of those monsters are more mechanical so I'll add them to the Machines chapter in the Gamemaster's Guide. The madouge, I've never heard of that creature, I dont remember seeing it in the game or in the bestiary section of the walkthrough guide :/ . You are more than welcome to help me by making those stats.

@Solidchaos: That's too bad about your GF. Let me know when you do get a game going and how it turns out.

Edit: Just looked up Madouge on the FF wiki and i do remember them now, i didnt know thats what they were called lol.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2013-12-18 at 01:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

BlackDragon

Is there any other feedback from anyone?

9. - Top - End - #249

BlackDragon

Is there any more feedback? Also, if anyone wishes to help, im making a campaign guide titled Prelude to a Crisis, which covers the time period when Shinra evolves from simple "weapons manufacturer" to "electric power company". Also, it will cover the birth of the JENOVA project and the SOLDIER project.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I know I'm interested, but I can't offer feedback because I've not been able to playtest the system so far...
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

11. - Top - End - #251

BlackDragon

That's ok Larkas, if you get a game started please let me know how it goes and make a list of things that work/dont work or needs attention too. I'm not ready to playtest this again until I've sorted out all my personal problems first.
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2014-01-29 at 07:25 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

BlackDragon

Is there anymore feedback on the system? Current development of the Prelude to a Crisis Campaign Guide is going slowly at the moment but i will pick it up again as soon as possible.

13. - Top - End - #253

BlackDragon

Is there any more feedback or constructive criticism?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Been awhile since i looked at this thread, so had to read it all over again. I am currently DMing a group using this system, and we all enjoy it...though we have one guy whining, but that is about the Sage system in general. My only thing right now, is the gazetteer, as the map itself is based off of FFVII for PSX, and there were a few locations that were not involved with the skill checks. Fort Condor comes to mind foremost. As for the summons, I was wondering if the Knights were going to be fleshed out. My campaign focuses on them, so I was just wondering. Appreciate all the work you have done, and I look forward to the FFVIII stuff as well. Have one guy biting his nails waiting for it.

15. - Top - End - #255

BlackDragon

Hi Silverwerret. If you follow my website link in my signature you will find an updated version of the core books,which include the Knights of the Round materia ;). Enjoy

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmmm.

Just an exercise...

Pathfinder and D&D 3.5 have 'iconics.'

I think you should go through and list the various feature characters at each point in the series.

Cloud (Crisis Core) is still human, for example, until the test tubes. He and Zack both become Half Alien when Hojo's through with them.

But Cloud (FF7+ is Half Alien)

Cloud in AC is higher level then Cloud in FF7. It also lets you stat up First Tsurugi, and all Cloud's dual wielding, which he never uses before AC.

And Cloud in Dirge is higher level even still.

Vincent probably also uses the half alien template, even if the truth is that he's actually half WEAPON.

Don't forget to stat up antagonists too! Sephiroth (CC, FF7, AC) are all good things to have out there. Remember, you can't overpower Sephiroth. The dude has natural 18s across the board even in his CC incarnation, and he only gets more ridiculous after that. Sephiroth is noted to be the strongest being in the world, flat out. No one can compete with him. As such, he should have the highest CR of any single being in your world.

Aerith has her living form (CC, FF7) and then her Post Mortem form (Maiden over the Planet, Case of Lifestream:White, AC). You'll need to create some sort of 'positive energy lifestream spirit' for her. She also gains something like 10 or 15 levels immediately upon dying, gaining cosmic control of the Planet.

Speaking of which, that's most obviously modeled by the Deathless Template (Book of Exalted Deeds, perhaps as a 'sacred watcher'.)

Meanwhile, the remnants, and very possibly Sephiroth in AC...are technically undead, with all that template bestows.
    Last edited by Angelalex242; 2014-07-04 at 11:34 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Hmmm.

Just an exercise...

Pathfinder and D&D 3.5 have 'iconics.'

I think you should go through and list the various feature characters at each point in the series.

Cloud (Crisis Core) is still human, for example, until the test tubes. He and Zack both become Half Alien when Hojo's through with them.

But Cloud (FF7+ is Half Alien)

Cloud in AC is higher level then Cloud in FF7. It also lets you stat up First Tsurugi, and all Cloud's dual wielding, which he never uses before AC.

And Cloud in Dirge is higher level even still.

Vincent probably also uses the half alien template, even if the truth is that he's actually half WEAPON.

Don't forget to stat up antagonists too! Sephiroth (CC, FF7, AC) are all good things to have out there. Remember, you can't overpower Sephiroth. The dude has natural 18s across the board even in his CC incarnation, and he only gets more ridiculous after that. Sephiroth is noted to be the strongest being in the world, flat out. No one can compete with him. As such, he should have the highest CR of any single being in your world.

Aerith has her living form (CC, FF7) and then her Post Mortem form (Maiden over the Planet, Case of Lifestream:White, AC). You'll need to create some sort of 'positive energy lifestream spirit' for her. She also gains something like 10 or 15 levels immediately upon dying, gaining cosmic control of the Planet.

Speaking of which, that's most obviously modeled by the Deathless Template (Book of Exalted Deeds, perhaps as a 'sacred watcher'.)

Meanwhile, the remnants, and very possibly Sephiroth in AC...are technically undead, with all that template bestows.
    that is something to think about. The stats shown in the Gamemasters Guide were just various characters in various points in the Compilation. I'll look into it though and see what I can do :)

18. - Top - End - #258

Oh, and one more thing...

Whatever you do, do NOT attempt to solve the Love Triangle. You'll just flamed to death by whichever side you decided against. They're very vicious about that.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Been following your site, since I am currently in the campaign. It says version 1.19 and that doesn't contain it. I ran a search in the document and didn't catch it. I assume it is in the Player's Handbook, since it is materia. Maybe I am just being blind, or not looking in the right place.

20. - Top - End - #260

BlackDragon

I'll have a look and get back to you. It might be an outdated link so ill double check.

21. - Top - End - #261

BlackDragon

I will sort the issue out as soon as I get home. In the meantime, if you go to the official Facebook page (link on website) you can get the updated files there. The Knights of the Round materia is in the Summon section of the materia chapter.

EDIT: The link has been fixed and it will now send you to the newer version of the site. i forgot to publish the updates lol
    Last edited by Marc_In_Da_Room; 2014-07-05 at 07:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You good sir, are awesome. Thank you for the quick response.

Oh, there is one other thing I wanted to ask about. In the fusion materia. You can get the dark, hell and tri versions of the three magic elements. Now I get the difference of Dark to Hell. But Hell to Tri confuses me. It costs an Ultima materia along with the Hell-element materia. The cost goes up, but the damage goes down while the special stays the same. So for now, there is no reason to upgrade to that. Just wondering if that is how it was supposed to be or is something off? Thanks again. Looking through the book now for any other changes since the last version.
    Last edited by Silverwerret; 2014-07-06 at 11:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

BlackDragon

I'll check over that and get back to you on it. I'm now away from my computer so as soon as I get a chance ill make any necessary changes and let you know

24. - Top - End - #264

BlackDragon

I solved the problem, its in the wrong sequence. Instead of it being Dark>>Hell>>Tri, it should be Dark>>Tri>>Hell. Hope that clears it up, and it should read better in the next revision update

25. - Top - End - #265

BlackDragon

Is there any more feedback of the system? Also, for those who haven't got the recent 1.20 version, it is available for download on my website. Also, for feedback purposes, here is The Knights of the Round materia ;)

KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND
    Bonuses and Penalties: +5 to Magic Defence/-5 to attack rolls (weapon) or -5 to Reflex Defence (armour).
    The Knights of the Round summon is a unique materia in that the summon doesn’t stay on the battlefield until the caster becomes unconscious, the encounter ends, or if the summon becomes unconscious, nor can the summon level up. Instead, as a full-round action, 13 knights appear one after the other and deals damage to all enemy targets in a 4 square radius from the caster. The damage is 13d8, and the caster’s Spellcasting check has to exceed all affecting targets’ Reflex Defence otherwise the summoning is considered an automatic fail.

26. - Top - End - #266

Have you statted out the major feature characters yet? I'm waiting to see that before I give future feedback.

27. - Top - End - #267

BlackDragon

There are some stats in the Gamemasters Guide. They are stats for all nine playable characters of the original ff7, Zack, Sephiroth, Hojo, Tseng, and Rufus. I haven't done anymore characters as of yet.

28. - Top - End - #268

Wow. Cloud and Seph are badly underpowered. You want to jack Seph up higher to about CR 25 or even 30 or so. (Yes, he's literally epic level.) That is, add all 10 levels of melee duelist to him. Cloud's physical stats should be higher, maxed, even, for his race and class. He might be worth jacking up to CR 20 as well, as he's second only to Seph himself. Seph should be maxed across the board. He has NO weaknesses whatever.

Since I noticed you're using something that's very similar to Star Wars Saga Edition, with Soldier 2nd subbing for Jedi Knight and Soldier 1st subbing for Jedi Master, he might also have the last levels of Soldier 2nd, even if he really doesn't need them.

29. - Top - End - #269

BlackDragon

Erm, max level is 20 overall

30. - Top - End - #270

For normal PCs, sure. For iconic beings, it doesn't have to stop at 20.

Free your mind, Neo.