New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XV: "More People Should Be Punched In The Head."

Good God, they look good! I think I'll have to relocate my birthday present to before April 1st.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XV: "More People Should Be Punched In The Head."

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    So... I now have my Space Wolves.

*Just to be clear; That little backpack standard that came in the Sprue does not count as a Wolf Standard, Correct?
    Army looks solid! For reference: I took the Space wolf upgrade pack and attatched the banner to the pole in there. I then took an open hand, cut it off, and rotated it and reattatched it so it could hold the pole. For my second standard bearer, I exact-o'd the teeth of a chainsword, rounded it, and put the standard on the end of that. I've never had to say "this guy is the one with the Wolf Standard." I put a few wolf tails on the standards too, for good measure. Can't ever have enough wolf tails, IMHO. Sort of like Dark Angels and purity seals.
    EDIT: Do more recent versions of codexes have the errata printed in them? Looking at the errata in the FAQ, that seems to be the case with my newly purchased codex.
    Not to my knowledge. Knowing GW, almost definately not; print your errata and keep it with your book. Your T/O will thank you for it, and some tournaments require you to have it on hand anyway.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by BoSheck View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Knowing GW, almost definately not; print your errata and keep it with your book. Your T/O will thank you for it, and some tournaments require you to have it on hand anyway.
    Oh, the FAQ stuff is definitely not in there. But the original sentence the codex used for a scout option, “Up to two Wolf Scouts may replace their bolt
    pistol with:” seems to have been replaced with the errata'd version “Up to two Wolf Scouts may take:”. The option to take frost weapons seems to have been similarly added to my Wolf Lord and Battle Leader's options, but the errata implies it wasn't in the original printing.

Also, is it acceptable to use a Wolf Lord's stats to represent a particularly skilled Wolf Guard Battle Leader if you don't want to field the actual Wolf Lord for your great company (For instance, if you want your wolves to be part of Logan Grimnar's company, but don't want to spend that many points)?

And another question; While suboptimal, could you take a flamer (because it's cheep) in your Grey Hunter's pack, and then give them a second, more expensive special weapon as their free one for having 10 in a pack?

One last thing. Why on earth does each box of Space Wolves have 6 plasma pistols? Who could possibly need all those?

EDIT: I lied. How do you show who has the mark of the wulfen? Initially I thought it was the wolf head that came in the box, but then I realized that wasn't a wolf head at all, just a really awesome looking helmet. So, not sure. I can't identify what makes the one depiction of someone with the mark of the wulfen in the codex clear, either.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-03-27 at 12:02 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Also, is it acceptable to use a Wolf Lord's stats to represent a particularly skilled Wolf Guard Battle Leader if you don't want to field the actual Wolf Lord for your great company (For instance, if you want your wolves to be part of Logan Grimnar's company, but don't want to spend that many points)?

Yes, just tell your opponent.

And another question; While suboptimal, could you take a flamer (because it's cheep) in your Grey Hunter's pack, and then give them a second, more expensive special weapon as their free one for having 10 in a pack?

Yup.

One last thing. Why on earth does each box of Space Wolves have 6 plasma pistols? Who could possibly need all those?

Because games workshop doesn't want you to have flamers or meltaguns.

EDIT: I lied. How do you show who has the mark of the wulfen? Initially I thought it was the wolf head that came in the box, but then I realized that wasn't a wolf head at all, just a really awesome looking helmet. So, not sure. I can't identify what makes the one depiction of someone with the mark of the wulfen in the codex clear, either.

Well, generally they have face markings, paint or tattoos, but you can do whatever you want, so long as they are distinguished enough.
    Mark of the Wulfen is a fun hobby opportunity, CG has his as deathwatch members, I believe, with the shoulder pads and all.
    ~ZA

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Thanks. Painting My Wulfen scout is going to be tricky, then, considering he seems to be trying to bite his meltagun. Really ought to post the picture in the models thread of that scout squad. I'm rather proud of the different personalities and stories I got from them.

By the way, does any one know the maximum number of wolf points you can get into a list? With 2 seperate lists, I managed to get 132 Fenrisian Wolves of some breed in one list, and ~278 Wolf points in the other.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Firbolg in the Playground

Argh. Just tried to place my club's Forge World order. My bank, the credit card company that administers my debit card, and Forge World all have different stories on whether or not the transaction has happened and whose fault it is if it didn't. I'm going to go lay the smack on a new player who's wanting a game to get it out of my system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky S View Post
    OMG must have. *head explodes from awesomeness*. Can we only buy them from the forge world open day? Cause then Ill never get my hands on them.
    You could try reading the description. They're available early at the open day, and normal preorders will ship on the 10th, ten days later.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2012-03-27 at 04:22 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

8. - Top - End - #458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Those Terminators look AWESOME

I think I might just have to pick some up and covert them into Paladins/Grey Knight Termies. Just for the sheer awesomeness of them.

Also, looking at the other stuff on Forge World... These guys look like they'd made an awesome Justicar (With Nemesis Warding Staff) and an awesome looking Kaldor Draigo count-as?

Why does looking at Forge World always make my wallet cry?

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    May I have your attention please?

EEE...EEEE!!...!!!!!!!!

....That is all.

Huh. Those look more like reinforced power armour than a suit in their own right.
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2012-03-27 at 11:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    You could try reading the description. They're available early at the open day, and normal preorders will ship on the 10th, ten days later.
    I could have but that would have taken away time from admiring the new models . I have been particularly retarded lately as I have just gotten over a cold so I feel like I am drunk perpetually. You should have seen me at my latest game. I could not for the life of me figure out what 16 negative 9 equalled.

Mark of the wulfen can be represented pretty well by the old 13th company wulfen models.
    Lillien Lemmerin:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=111721

Member of the Mr Scruffy fan club

11. - Top - End - #461

Some of you may remember the Samuel L. Jackson Sick and Tired of These Space Marines in this Metagame list from a few months back. Well, Mk II went for a test run yesterday afternoon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Company Command Squad - 230
    -Medi-pack, carapace armor
    -Three plasma guns
    -Astropath
    -Chimera dedicated transport

Storm Trooper Squad - 115
    -Two plasma guns

Storm Trooper Squad - 105
    -Two meltaguns

Veteran Squad - 155
    -Three meltaguns
    --Heavy flamer

Veteran Squad - 155
    -Three meltaguns
    --Heavy flamer

Infantry Platoon - 260
    -Platoon Command Squad
    --Autocannon team
    -Infantry Squad
    --Lascannon team
    --Power weapon
    -Infantry Squad
    --Lascannon team
    -Infantry Squad
    --Lascannon team

Leman Russ Executioner - 230
    -Plasma cannon sponsons

Basilisk - 125

Basilisk - 125

And oh boy, did I kill myself some Marines.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Space Marine Captain, power sword and boltgun

Command squad, two meltaguns and company standard
    -Rhino

Ironclad Dreadnought, meltagun and seismic hammer
    -Drop pod

Terminator squad, no upgrades

Mortis pattern Contemptor Dreadnought, two Kheres pattern assault cannons

Tactical Marines, 10 men, flamer, missile launcher

Tactical Marines, 10 men, flamer, missile launcher

Devastators, all missile launchers

Predator Annihilator, lascannon sponsons

Annihilation, Dawn of War. Guard gets first turn.

Spoiler
    Show
    I deployed one of the meltavet squads in their Chimera behind a big hill in the middle of the board, the combined infantry squads of my platoon behind a wall on my right flank, the platoon command squad in a ruin on my left flank, and the company command squad in their Chimera behind the wall next to the combined squad, on their left towards the center of the table. The other meltavet squad was in reserve along with both storm trooper squads, which were deep striking with the Airborne Assault rule. The heavy support was all left to roll on first turn. He deployed both tactical squads behind walls, one left one right, and his command squad and Captain in their Rhino (I allowed it; the command squad being what it is, it's probably kosher anyway) in the center behind the aforementioned hill. The Ironclad in its drop pod and the Terminators (deep striking) were left in reserve, and the Contemptor and his heavy support left to walk on first turn.

In turn one, I drove the Chimera around the hill, danger-close to one of his tactical squads, and fired its multilaser at it, employing the searchlight. After some bizarrely good rolls, the multilaser scored three hits, three wounds, and killed two of them. Then the Executioner put 22 plasma cannon hits on the squad from where it rolled onto the board edge, courtesy of the searchlight. Needless to say, when you put 22 cover saves on eight guys, mathematically speaking none of them are going to survive. Which they didn't. Nothing else of consequence happened in the Guard turn.

In the bottom of one, his Ironclad dropped in and wrecked the searchlighting Chimera, forcing the meltavets to pile out. They passed their Leadership check to avoid being pinned. Thanks to bad night fighting rolls, nothing else of consequence happened in turn one.

Top of two, both squads of storm troopers come in, while the other meltavets do not. I drop the storm troopers in his deployment zone, the melta squad near his triple-las Predator and the plasma squad targeted at his other tactical squad - which puts them perilously close to the Contemptor. Both squads scatter, the melta squad to the wrong side of some cover, which they will have to hike around, and the plasma squad away from their target, but towards the Devastators - which I had originally wanted to target anyway, but they were in dense terrain. Through miraculous luck, the scatter dice do not drop my Kasrkin into any of it. The de-meched meltavets move towards the Ironclad, and the Executioner begins to move around the hill to engage the other tactical squad. The lascannon blob fails its Bring it Down! order roll, and engages the Marine commander's Rhino to no effect. The meltavets immobilize the Ironclad and blow off its ranged weapons, effectively neutralizing it. The Executioner engages the other tactical squad, but my opponent had learned from the previous turn and spread his squad out more, so only half of them died. The melta storm troopers run, and the plasma ones engage the Devastators. It turned out that they had scattered right into rapid fire range, and all of the Devastators die horribly. My command Chimera fires at the remaining tactical squad to no effect, and my Basilisks both scatter off target.

Bottom of two, his Terminators come in, deep striking on my left flank near the disabled Ironclad. The Rhino drives around the hill and moves toward the lascannon blob, intent on assaulting it. The Contemptor turns and fills the plasma troopers full of assault cannon rounds, and they die just as horribly as the Devastators. The Predator manages to stun the Executioner, and his Terminators shoot up the platoon command squad for the easy kill point, but through the wonders of wound allocation I manage to leave the autocannon team left with one wound.

Top of three, the other squad of meltavets came in, and I brought them in near the Terminators to get them out of my backfield ASAP. The melta troopers moved within melta range of the Predator, the Executioner crew was annoyed about being stunned, and the meltavets on foot moved to get a bead on the Terminators. The lascannon blob once again completely failed to do anything to the Rhino, but the storm troopers immobilized the Predator and blasted the turret clean off. Three Terminators went down under a hail of melta and autocannon fire, while the Basilisks remained ineffective, one scattering off of the tactical squad and the other hitting the Predator (being the only thing both far enough away to barrage at yet not in the middle of my own army), but failing to penetrate with snake eyes on ordnance.

Bottom of three, his command squad got out and ran at my company command squad, while the Rhino tried to tank shock the lascannon blob, coming up a quarter inch short. His command squad and their Rhino bounced shots off of cover trying to get at my platoon, while his remaining Terminators finished off the platoon command's autocannon.

Turn four: Near tabling. The Terminators ate melta, so did the Predator, and the Executioner, newly un-stunned, finished what it started on the tactical squad. My command squad did for most of his command squad with their plasma guns, and the blob finally blew up that pesky Rhino - right in their own faces. With only the drop pod, immobilized and disarmed Ironclad, his captain (and apothecary), and the Contemptor still up, and my Basilisks yet to fire, he conceded the game.

In summary: He made some bad tactical decisions, but at the end of the day, plasma kills Marines dead. This list wouldn't fare so well against swarms of infantry, but it wouldn't necessarily do badly either (it does have a significant number of blasts to throw around), but the point isn't an all-rounder list: It's to winnow out the Marine armies that are being played just because they're Marines rather than because the person playing likes/is best at playing Marines, in an effort to stem the tide of people fleeing from various xenos to some flavor or another of Space Marine.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2012-03-28 at 09:24 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

In summary: He made some bad tactical decisions, but at the end of the day, plasma kills Marines dead. This list wouldn't fare so well against swarms of infantry, but it wouldn't necessarily do badly either (it does have a significant number of blasts to throw around), but the point isn't an all-rounder list: It's to winnow out the Marine armies that are being played just because they're Marines rather than because the person playing likes/is best at playing Marines, in an effort to stem the tide of people fleeing from various xenos to some flavor or another of Space Marine.
    That sounds like a noble quest, i wish you the best of luck in your heroic mission to shoot down as many SW and BA as you can, before GW's hit squads manage to find you and take you down for chasing people away from marines
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    That sounds like a noble quest, i wish you the best of luck in your heroic mission to shoot down as many SW and BA as you can, before GW's hit squads manage to find you and take you down for chasing people away from marines
    My metagame has seen an Ork player go to Space Wolves, a Tyranids player go to Grey Knights, and a Necrons player go to vanilla Marines (though back again with the new codex). We didn't have that many non-Imperials to begin with. Our tournaments look like we're refighting the Badab War all the time, and I'm tired of it.

14. - Top - End - #464

I know what you mean. If you compare my armies, marines do a lot better. I too changed from tau to space marines. I love the fluff behind the marines but I would be lying if I didnt say I love having such a strong army. Guard are fun though when I feel like being human again.

Blood angels
    Wins: 8
    Draws: 2
    Losses: 4

Space Marines
    Wins: 10
    Draws: 9
    Losses: 6

Space Wolves
    Wins: 6
    Draws: 0
    Losses: 2

Tau
    Wins: 5
    Losses: 7

Imperial Guard
    Wins: 0
    Losses: 2
    Lillien Lemmerin:http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=111721

Member of the Mr Scruffy fan club

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

I myself have shelved my Tau in exchange for Grey Knights. Because you can only play the same list so many times before it gets boring, and Tau only have the one list. Once the new Tau codex eventually hits though, I'll be switching right back.

Of course, I'm wishing that the GK codex wasn't quite so broken now. I kind of feel a little dirty about playing them sometimes.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-03-30 at 11:11 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

16. - Top - End - #466
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's interesting. I'm not surprised, though--I've got a Tyranid Bro who's been considering picking up Space Wolves because he's sick of getting stomped even with his lovely painted space-bug-monsters.

I, on the other hand, have (at least for now) dropped my Space Marines in exchance for Da Boyz.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Had a game this Tuesday that sort of sealed the deal on permanently retiring my current Loganwing at 1500.

Spoiler
    Show

275 - HQ - Logan Grimnar
    120 - HQ - Rune priest - Tempest's Wrath*, Living Lightning
    148 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard: 1x storm bolter, 1x combi-melta/pistol, 1x boltgun, terminator/Assault Cannon/Wolf Claw
    143 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard: 1x storm bolter, 1x combi-melta/pistol, 1x boltgun, terminator/CML
    153 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard: 1x storm bolter, 1x combi-melta/pistol, 1x boltgun, terminator/CML/Power Fist
    150 - Troops - 5x Wolf Guard: 1x combi-melta, 1x boltgun, terminator/CML/Power Fist
    135 - Troops - 5x Wolf guard: 1x terminator /CML
    135 - Troops - 5x Wolf guard: 1x terminator /CML
    140 - Heavy - Pack Tiewaz - 5x Missile Long Fangs
    100 - Landspeeder Typhoon w/ Multimelta
    1499:
    *Okay. So as we're getting our armies out, kid has the audacity to say "Since you're playing Space Wolves, I'm going to change my list." A little miffed at this prospect, I simply reply, "Kay. I'm going to change one psychic power then." That would, normally, be Jaws.

Spoiler
    Show

His list:
    Mephiston
    10x Assault Marines w/ infernus pistol, meltaguns, Power fist
    10x Assault Marines w/ Infernus Pistol, Meltaguns, power fist
    3x Sanguinary Priest w/ Jump Pack
    Assault Marines w/o Pack
    Land Raider Dedicated Transport
    Baal Predator (Assault Cannons)
    Baal Predator (Assault Cannons)
    Furioso Dreadnought
    Dedicated Drop Pod.
    Something like that.

The Battle:
    Spoiler
    Show

So this is actually a really boring list I played, it lacks any sort of character so without pictures the batrep is kinda lame.

Game: So. Capture and Control, Dawn of War. I start my Assault Cannon squad with Logan forward to push his possible deployment area back and put another unit in terrain to get side shots on whatever comes in toward my objective. He puts his Squad 'o Jumpers and Mephiston out in the open after I point out that the terrain he'd originally popped into will result in DTs.

Turn 1: No sieze; I walk everything on, there's a nice height granting terrain piece for the Long Fangs to make it onto. Night fighting prevents too much from happening. He drops his Furioso on my flank and fires zee flamers and meltas. All my units are hugging covers, so a few Wolf Guard bite it. The rest of his Jumpers hang back while his army comes on to support them, Sanguinary Priests join the appropriate sqauds.

Turn 2: Tempest's Wrath goes up. GG Assault Marines. Everybody Marches forward, except Logan's forward unit, which falls back. The wolf guard closest to the Furioso move around it's rear arc. A few shots from some Wolf Guard packs stun the Furioso. Good enough. Long Fangs, remaining Wolf Guard, and the Typhoon unload into an unprotected Assault marine Squad taking it down to 2 Marines and a Sanguinary Priest.

He scrambles, trying to stay outside of the whirlwind of doom, moving Jumpers behind the fully advancing Land Raider. Both Predators come in, one on each side of the board. My Typhoon looses it's missiles and ends up stunned. Land Raider fires on the Assault Cannon squad and blows two away.

Turn 3: More Tempest's Wrath! One Terminator and a boltgun toting Wolfguard manage to blow both arms off and immobilize the Furioso from the rear arc while the Rest of my army moves to countercharge whatever manages to come my way. The predator on my Speeder ends up stunned and a hail of missiles into the Land Raider stuns it too. The remaining shots start working on the other big Assault Marine Squad.

What moves forward can from his army, Mephiston &co coming around the side of the raider while the other 2 assault marines hide behind the predator. Several die to Tempest's Wrath. Power of the Machine Spirit Assault Cannons do little against the wolves by the Land Raider and he's reluctant to disembark his 'cc unit' to assault a terminator and 3 wolf guard.

Turn 4: That terminator and 3 wolf guard move up, melta & assault cannon the Land Raider forcing the scary ccsquad inside to disemark...directly in front of the wolf guard. Landspeeder cruisest up 7" to the Baal Predator and introduces it to Multimeltaland. No more predator. It takes a fnp BA cowering behind it down with it. Missiles blow away all but the sanguinary priest near Mephiston. The assault cannon/wolf claw toting squad charges into CC with the packless Assault Marines. 1 Wolf Guard bites it, 4 Assault Marines die.

The Blood Angels scramble to get into the fight.
    Wings of Sanguinius gets Runestaved with a big No, forcing the big M to footslog toward Logan 'n company. While the two hiding behind the crater of the Predator make their way next to the landspeeder. A powerfisted Sanguinary Priest roars into combat with the Wolfguard engaging near him while the other predator finally gets a target and starts dakkaing the squad that neutered the Furioso. The Sanguinary Priest gets gibbed before he goes, but the rest of the Assault Marines manage to take down the Wolf Guard in b2b with them (not without more wolf-claw driven casualties!) the Typhoon manages to make it out of the charge with only a Stun and the Terminator laughs off the nonrending Assault Cannon shots.

Turn 5: With the possibility that the game might end this turn. The Typhoon Turobo-boosts to his objective for contesting and I pile assorted squads onto my own objective. Missiles claim the Sanginary Priest's life and enough Dakka puts a wound on Mephiston. The squad that Assault the speeder is now out in the open and then quickly off the table.

So he's got a Baal Predator, 3 Assault Marines w/o packs left, and Mephiston (also a weaponless immobilized Furioso and a Drop Pod). The assault Marines move to harass the Speeder, it manages to fail it's cover saves from turbo-boosing and gets melta'd away. Mephiston makes it into combat with the nearest Wolf Guard pack, kills 4 and then takes two powerfist wounds.

Turn 6: I throw everything I have into the foot Assault Marines, leaving them with 1 model. However, most of my army has to give them cover or can't see them at all thanks to the wrecked landraider. At any rate, Logan lets loose a battle cry and charges full tilt at Mephiston along with the Rune Priest, and another wolfguard pack. The BA player puts all his attacks on Logan, but the Great Wolf's actually having an Invuln shrugs it off. Logan readies Morkai for Powerfist style attacks, but the Blood Angels Librarian is cut down by a Power Sword before the Great Wolf even goes.

The game ends up a Draw because he has 1 model (almost half his remaining army!) hanging out on his objective. An inordinate amount of cover saves were passed that last turn. My Wolf Priest, however, assures me we achieved a moral victory.

Afterthoughts: And I have yet to win a game to date with this list--it has gone from being a possible contender, to a challenge to myself. It gets closer every tweak I make, but I feel like my normal list is more balanced. It (my usual) has less dakka but more diverse threats, as well as better mobility through the cavalry, and as we all know Mobility Wins DnD 40k. So I'll retire Loganwing at 1500 until I have more squads of Missile Fangs since appearantly 17/turn isn't enough--Maybe if I ratchet it up to 25ish.
    Last edited by BoSheck; 2012-03-30 at 11:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by BoSheck View Post
    *Okay. So as we're getting our armies out, kid has the audacity to say "Since you're playing Space Wolves, I'm going to change my list." A little miffed at this prospect, I simply reply, "Kay. I'm going to change one psychic power then." That would, normally, be Jaws.

Now that's a jerk move right there. Seriously. Anyone reading this thread right now who doesn't already know; What that kid did right there? Not kosher. At all.

Also has a tendancy to blow up in your face like it did with Tempest's Wrath there.

19. - Top - End - #469

I have to confess to being partly at fault; he asked how to play Bo's Space Wolves, and I gave him some tips on T-wolf killing (not knowing what list was actually going to be played, and not caring) because he needs to know, really; they're a major contender at every tournament he isn't organizing. I had no idea he was actually going to sit down and tailor his list right then and there, though. And it blew up in his face largely because I didn't advise for beating missile-spam Loganwing, but rather the uber tournament list that doesn't lose.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

I had not touched a 40k game for almost a year ... until tonight.

There was a 40k in 40 minutes "thing" using the 2012 Adepticon rules just to keep it hip. Here was where you'd normally find a wrap-up, but in this case I'll just save us both some time.

I've officially quit the hobby, but tonight was a nice swan song. I won 2 games, lost another only due to bad rolls (Devs rolling nothing but 1's for two rounds in a row) and even tabled an opponent for the first time ever! Which was nice, but I think it's just a good point to stop more than anything else. I have a billion Space Marines that I'll never get around to finishing and since I got into historical stuff, I just don't engage with the 2-dimensional setting anymore. So it passes.

The plus side? I painted all my men specifically for the tournament. It was nice to finish the hobby on a high note with original looking troops, rather than as pseudo-Ultramarines.
    *Splendid Goatatar by that cool kid Serpentine
    "Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world"

21. - Top - End - #471

Griffon

Apparently I have too much free time, so I've been considering writing a Cheesegear-esque review for Codex: Eldar, since they were my first love many years ago and I need an excuse to dust them off.

Anyone interested in seeing what I come up with? They're not exactly "current", I know, and going by the most recent conversation it seems that even Tau have more Players than Space Elves.... Imagine that!
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Apparently I have too much free time, so I've been considering writing a Cheesegear-esque review for Codex: Eldar, since they were my first love many years ago and I need an excuse to dust them off.

Anyone interested in seeing what I come up with? They're not exactly "current", I know, and going by the most recent conversation it seems that even Tau have more Players than Space Elves.... Imagine that!
    I would be.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

I would be interested, most definitely.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Go for it.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'd love to have an Indepth review of every codex in the Original Post, frankly. But considering both of my armies already have one (and I'm not incredibly experienced to begin with), I can't help contribute there.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

I would certainly be interestet in seing what your experience with them were like, i personaly swiched over to necrons because i just felt like i had to much trouble opening boxes at range.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

27. - Top - End - #477

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    i had to much trouble opening boxes at range.
    Interesting that you say that; My own experiences usually suggests that Eldar have too many box-opening options, albeit in strange FoC places.

I'll give it a bash, then. Will aim for an update as soon as I get to it, then.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

I've seen Warwalkers with Brightlances do some really nasty things to tanks.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    I've seen Warwalkers with Brightlances do some really nasty things to tanks.
    I've seen War Walkers with Scatter Lasers do the same thing for about half the cost. One of the key strengths of Eldar is the amount of S6 they can put on the board. Unfortunately, that S6 isn't S8 or AP2, which is one of the greater failings of the Space Elves.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2012-03-31 at 07:59 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    I've seen War Walkers with Scatter Lasers do the same thing for about half the cost. One of the key strengths of Eldar is the amount of S6 they can put on the board. Unfortunately, that S6 isn't S8 or AP2, which is one of the greater failings of the Space Elves.
    I assume you're only talking about namby-pamby-goody-two-shoes-craftworld Space Elves

My satanic space elves do S8 ap2 just fine

DM
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."