New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Total War Fantasy! IC

The night was a beautiful one as an nigh constant meteor shower was present filling the sky with dazzling lights. While the night lasted those awake just enjoyed the sight as they went on with their work, others celebrated and decided that such beauty was worth taking the night off. The dawn came too soon however and the priests and prophets were ready to explain the meaning behind the show last night.

Each had different claims on what such a sight could mean. The Church of Luna naturally claimed that it was a gift from their goddess to the world. The high priest of the Akoman Empire declared that it meant a rebirth for their empire and that Man would soon take its proper inheritance of the world. Arionthos took it to mean that it was time to rejoin the world and lower their magical barriers that had kept them safe. Others cried out claiming it meant the doom of the world either at the hands of the Undead Menance or perhaps the legendary demon-god of the sun Thuamian Atien. The Elves at Dronabino felt that we were in for a radical new time.

Regardless of what the shower of shooting stars meant for the future, everyone did agree on one thing. A new age had come to this world and nothing would ever be the same again.

map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-12-01 at 06:28 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Total War Fantasy! IC

Feyswood

To all nations with at least a 60% human population:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello all! We are the pixies of Feyswood. You may think we died off a long time ago but don't worry, we didn't! We have been hiding from you humans for a long time because, well, you almost killed all of us.

However, things change. The human empire that was so mean and nasty to us has broken apart, and maybe the humans that are still loyal to it have changed as well. We don't know, but we would love to find out! So please send us a message and tell us about yourselves. Maybe we will tell you about our selves and maybe humans and pixies can finally be friends. Wouldn't that grand! Yay!

To all nations with at least a 50% elven population:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello good elves! We are the Pixies of Feyswood! Elves and pixies have been friends for a longtime and now that we are once more revealing ourselves to the humans we are hoping to have stronger friendship with the elven nations. We can help the elves out and if it ever turns out that some humans are still mean and nasty maybe the elves can help us with them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh great lion, who called youself king of the world, why could you not be content in thy domain?

You opened your mouth to consume the sun, to be as a god you wore the face of a dragon.

So now you are worn, as a brazen mask shown, and you visage shall trouble the earth forever."
    -Canticle of the Sun King
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Zmij Khanate [Esp. +++++]

Zmij Khanate to Pixies
    Spoiler
    Show

Khanate Merchants arrive to the Feyswood, bringing with them tales of faraway lands and their wonders. They try to make friends of the Fey and offer them to join the caravans to travel the world and see it for themselves. Their leader is Green Zmij, member of the Zmij's royal family.

''Our Caravans are welcomed all around the world, so even the mean humans wouldn't be able to chase you away. And we always have stories to tell and a good jolly laughter, be we who make a joke or be we made into a joke. Unlike other humans, who are too stiff to understand good pranks.''

Zmij Khanate to Undead Menace [Esp]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Zmij Khanate emissaries arrive to the Undead Menace requesting audience with the rules of the land.

Zmij Khanate to Flourent Republic, Porish Provinces, Freehold of Kor [Esp]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Greetings fellow nations of merchants. We are not like the empires, who dominate through cold, hard steel, rather the soft golden coins, warm from the hands that exchange them is our way. All of us are here in the centre of the world, where trading routes from northwest, northeast, southwest and southeast collide. Should we compete with each other for coppers or work together, hand in hand for gold?

I propose that we join together in world's greatest trading pact. Let us unite the strength of our names, so those who would spur a merchant of one of us, will earn the ire of all. Let us lower tariffs on each other's goods, so our merchants would compete with merchants of other nations, but not with each other. Let us build roads, banks and trading posts, work together to form a joint legal code, regulating trade and make deals on monopolies. Together we can rule the world through the power of gold and silver.
    ''

[I propose we make a trading pact and spend ++ Economy, ++ WO each on promote it.]

Zmij Khanate to Principality of Koshei [Esp]
    Spoiler
    Show

Emissaries of the Zmij Khanate arrive bearing rich gifts [- Economy].

''Oh great voivoda Avdotia, our land is rich in coin, yet weak in swords and shields. We ask you for protection against the many barbarians and cutthroats, who covet our riches. Should you declare, that the Khanate is under your protection, none will dare to do us harm.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Empire of Teth Esp +++-

Twelve magical beings, the Jinn, the guardians of the ancient kingdom for just over a thousand years concluded their meeting. None were completely happy, but all agreed that no one of them could rule and make decisions alone, even Medras the Commander, most prideful and powerful of them. It was the tenth anniversary of their victory over the noble houses, products of three centuries of avarice and complacency, now put to rest. Those houses that survived, a minority to be sure, either now fell in line with but a fraction of their former influence, or were completely disbanded.

Most saw this as a good thing, a chance for Teth to reclaim its lost honor. Then again, perhaps others feared the kingdom becoming strong again and trying to claim its old boundaries, boundaries that went as far north as the Fleurent Republic. There were also those that did not see the Jinn in positive light, some of them with their individual infamous histories.

Most of the Jinn had places to go, some immediately on matters most pressing. Two of the Jinn however stayed in the room a bit longer, waiting until the others had left to begin.

One of the two was Razzad the Defender. Rumors persisted that during the civil war, she was the most influential of all of them, her role as an avenger for the people coming to full force. However, she was also undeniably the laziest of them all when not motivated. She gave a heavy sigh, brushing away a loose strand of essence that was the Jinn version of hair. "You wished to speak to me, Ezram?"

If Razzad had been the most influential during the war, Ezram no doubt was the most influential now, the majority of Teth's plans now were hiw own ideas, at least the grander projects that would cross borders. "Yes, I could tell that you above all the others were troubled. Share your concerns with me."

"Really? I thought Tirstra-"

"Drop the act dear sister. No plan is perfect, and no choice is without consequence. You are the one who can pick up the pieces if war comes to our doorstep, if potential allies close their doors to us." Exram looked up. The glass ceiling was barely noticed, the stars above clear as day. An enchantment had been made long ago to make the stars clear despite the lights of the city. "I must be off like the others." He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Follow your heart, but remember that we are family."

The Savage Tide
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire of Teth would like to send a representative to discuss Teth and Tide relations. Teth admits that it is also contacting Mon Coray.

Mon Coray
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire of Teth would like to send a representative to discuss Teth and Mon Coray relations, as well as discuss the potential or real threat of the Savage Tide. Teth admits it is also contacting the Savage Tide.

Mines of Fromag
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire of Teth sends Ghornesh the Merchant, one of the twelve Jinn to discuss creating a strong trading pact as well as the potential mutual defense of each other against their common enemy, the Pitt.

Rorixle's Wings
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire of Teth requests military advisors from the Wings for three purposes. The first purpose is as a legitimate trade of knowledge for money, helping Teth become a more efficient fighting force. The second purpose is as a sign of strength. The Empire of Teth worries of conflict with its neighbors, whether the expansionist Savage Tide, the cruel Pitt, or one of the nations that once belonged to Teth seeking revenge. With a few key officers of the Wings, Teth hopes to dissuade any conflict. The third reason is to discuss possible future contracts and deals between Teth and Rorixle's Wings.

Shadow Clans
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empire of Teth requests an audience with the leader of leaders of the Shadow Clans to discuss using the services of the famed ninjas.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2011-11-30 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Typos

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Esp:+++++

The Shining Path of Gold and Adamant
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell me, what is the measure of true devotion? That you would be willing to die for the object or be willing to live for it?

I have protected Arionthos from the outside world since it was founded. I raised its planes and mountains from the floor of the ocean and it is watered with the springs of the sea. I bound together the polar storms, the mountains, and their own barriers of magic to form a mighty shield. I, with my own hands, destroyed all who came near it.

But it is time for the children to grow up. I grow weary of slaughter and my hands are stained so red with blood I do not know if they shall ever be clean.

Is there repentance for a sinner such as I? Does your path point a way out of this darkness I have wandered into?

Hyperborean Arionthos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hail and well met, starborn, ever does the wheel turn. It is said that among you those of power and understanding are held in high regard. Power I have in abundance and understanding to fill the shelves of all your lore houses.

I will make an accord with you and you with yours and be a girdle about your lands so that none may violate them. Our knowledge shall be joined together and thereby we shall both profit.

We are one kin and by the world hated. If they will make us demons alike in their eyes why not spite them by friendship.

I do not wish to be king over you, but only an equal citizen of your nation. As I wrought your land from the sea I loved you. I ask only to be given a single chance to express it more fully.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-11-30 at 10:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Crash! The boulder rolled toward Ikanto Rorixle with sickening speed. Every mote of concentration was firmly focused on the exact timing of the roll that would take him past the animated statues swinging scythe and through the tiny gap created by the square hallway and circular boulder.

"Alright lay about. Listen up, Kessek has ordered all of us to report to Dragons Call by tomorrow afternoon. I don't know where you-"

The voice came from no where, scratchy and grating as Yenatel was wont to be. Quite litteraly the last thing he wanted to hear at this particular moment.

Ikanto made the leap.

"Ugh this stupid wretched spell. Anyway, if you are not there we are going to take serious steps to have your freedom curtailed. Thenati is-"

The statue swung its wicked blade seconds before the boulder turned it to dust, but its blow met nothing but air. Two *ping*s could be heard above the grinding stone as two of Ikanto's buttons were lost in the squeeze. But he made it nonetheless.

"By all the blood covered gods I hate this spell! Thenati coming to you. Come. Home. Now. Seriously twentyfive words my-"

Ikanto sighed as he dusted off the ruined shirt. He and Yenatel had never gotten on very well but she needn't be so rude when he could respond. He casually grabbed the gold tinged ornate Axe from the alter to some god, scooped a pile of gold (probably a five hundred year old donation box) into his wonderous bag, and followed his sisters orders.

Kassek had made all the arangments for this meeting of siblings, and had relativly high hopes that Yenatel would not light Ikanto on fire this time, but he was nervous anyway. He gazed around the table, built round so no one sibling would seem greater, and open air so the dragons could join them.

Every single member was there. Somakie had even temporarily abandoned her egg to join the meeting. All waited on his word.

"I think that the metor shower has made itself quite clear. The gods wish to stirr this world to action and we shall not dispute them. Nor shall we succubm to the chaos that is likely approaching." He gazed around the faces, his siblings, the colossal faces of the dragons, and finally settling on the great face of Kakenzi, his truest friend. "Let us become mighty once more."

Rorixle's Wings Esp ++-

To the Empire of Teth

Spoiler
    Show
    We are honoured by your message and would be happy to comply. Know that as we write Skantok makes for Teth. He is an unrivaled warrior and well versed in battle tactics. We hope he is made welcome. May our peoples be glorious in Union.

To Feyswood

Spoiler
    Show
    Truly you live? This is marvelous, I have so many things to question your peoples about! Oh please I should love to write a few things about your kind for the history books so you are never forgotten again! Perhaps a meeting could be arranged between us. I have a workshop in Genglam where I could do all the proper mesurements and drawings. And so many things to talk of. Tell me, is it through rapid beating of wings that you fly? Or is magic involved? Please let me know your answer soon. I lie not when I say my excitment is legendary.

Excitedly,
    Litia Rorixle

P.S. I do not want to offend with my curiosity, but oh it is insatiable.

To The Church of the Platinum Dragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Most Holy Priest,
    Ours are a hardy and down to earth people, The Dragon Highlands are a brutal place to live. It is a difficult place to find faith in any god. But the signs painted across the sky a few nights ago cannot be ignored. Several of our kin already worship the Wyrmking, they have no temple in Dragons Call or it's vassals. We are requesting permission to build a proper church in our lands, and inviting you to bless it. Somakie is a beacon of faith in our country and with her egg likely to hatch in the coming months, she begs the Archbishop be the one to give it a name.

Faithfully,
    Kakenzi, First Dragon of Dragons Call

The Land of the Savage Tide

Spoiler
    Show
    Our close proximity will likely lead to grief for both our people if we cannot negotiate. May we send an emissary to your watery lands?

To the Third Legion

Spoiler
    Show
    Honourable warriors of the Third Legion, please know that despite the Lord Rorixle of old refusing to aid your noble cause, I am not my grandfather. I am Kassek Rorixle and I pledge to do my dealings honourable should a threat arise that brings everyones existance into the balance. Though I know little about them, I am inclined not to trust the dead. I hope to learn more of them in the coming months but can we count on your help if they prove to be the threat I suspect?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Undead Menace

Terance pushed aside the flaps of his tent, stepping outside into the cold morning sun. Before him stretched a vast barren plain, picked dry of all life. Looking out across the expanse, Terance surveyed his troops; the largest military force anywhere on the planet; and perhaps the most varied. Though they had attempted to stand in formation, the sheer variety in size made it nigh impossible. Humans, elves and dwarves stood alongside trolls, giants, all manner of wild animals, and even a dragon. Nonetheless the legion was well-trained, well equipped and ready for battle.

After a few moments, Terance spotted Harding, approaching from among the ranks of Undead. Standing almost thirty feet tall, Lord Harding was the greatest fighter he had ever met, even before he joined he had become an Undead Lord. When he was withing hearing, Terance spoke.

"The plan is to go ahead. I've arranged for the other legions to meet us on route. We march for the coast immediately."

"Finally, it's been too long since we tasted true combat. I'll give the signal"

Terance was carrying a horn for this express purpose, but he knew Harding cherished this sort of thing. Violence was in his nature. Lacking a horn, Harding simply turned and roared at the top of his voice, magic supplanting his already substantial lungs to send the sound blasting out across the plains. Upon hearing the noise, the lieutenants of the legion; vampires and other intelligent Undead, set the legion into full march. The sound of so many men marching in unison was deafening.

"You still haven't told me who we're going to attack"

"Who would you like to attack?"

"The Markien Alliance, but they're in the wrong direction. We're heading for the south coast, which means Zmij, Belarion, the Porvish, or the Mines of Fromag. The Porvish have the most wealth, but..."

"...It's never that simple. Politics confuses things"

"Who then?"

At that moment Terance received a mental ping

"I'll tell you in a moment, an emissary has arrived at our borders"

Terance turned to a nearby ghoul, busy packing the Lord's Command Tent.

You! Find me a mage, I need to set up a link".

To Zmij Khanate [+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your emissaries are spotted on the road by a couple wandering ghouls. A few hours later a large band stops them on the main road. They are escorted to a nearby mining complex where they are met by a vampire. In any other context one would mistake him for a perfectly normal human. He listens to your emissaries request, and agrees to grant it. He begins to invoke some sort of magic spell, it seems a bit dark, but has no apparent negative effect on your emissaries. A couple seconds later two figures appear in the room. Though partially see-through, their appearance is still daunting. One is a woman, formed entirely from black billowing smoke. The other is a man, green eyes glowing brightly with arcane power.

The man turns to the emissaries and speaks.
    "Sorry I could not be here in person, but there are matters I must attend to. What matters would you discuss?"
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-11-30 at 10:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

The Holy Orcadian Empire

Upon recieving a missive from the pixies in the nearby forests, the Emperor was uncertain of what to make of it. What made the little fey think they were a nation worth negotiating with? They didn't seem to have much use or care for land or commerce. Still, the forests they called home were once Orcadian, and it would be better to be seen as friendly neighbors rather than interlopers to be pranked.

In the meantime, many republics and mercantile states had formed nearby, and the last thing Orcades needed was a multi-front war. But there was another option. Far to the southwest, near the Empire's southwestern border, there had been rumors of undead amassing. Surely destroying these unholy creatures of darkness would bolster confidence in the Unconquered Sun's faithful and control of the isthmus would allow better control of nearby trade.

To Feyswood
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings, children of the forest. We are the Holy Orcadian Empire, descended from the old Empire of Orcades that once inhabited the forests you call home. We seek to reclaim the dignity and honor we lost as the old Empire died, and have been born anew in the light of the Unconquered Sun, the one, true god. We have no quarrel with you, though you must understand that humans are in need of trees in different ways than your kind. If it pleases you, we would be willing to enter negotiations for the harvest and trade of lumber in your domain. If you would allow us to enter peacefully and cut down trees that we would use to build homes and ships, we would be careful to restrict our logging operations so the forest is not harmed, and would plant new trees to replace the ones harvested, and we would share gifts of the human world with you. Is this acceptable?

Sincerely, Arctus Invictus I, Holy Orcadian Emperor and Pontifex Maximus of the Solarian Church"

To the Flourent Republic, the Freehold of Kor, and the Harmonium Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My brothers and sisters; once there was a time when our hearts beat as one people, the people of Orcades. Over the years, Orcades proved itself unworthy of you, and you went your own way. But a new Empire has emerged, and with it, a new way. I wish to emphasize that this is not a declaration of some kind of manifest destiny or a threat of war. Rather, it is an invitation. To our south festers a terrible corruption. The dead walk among the living, rule it even, and they seem to be massing for an invasion of their own. While you may not worship the Unconquered Sun as we do, surely you can see that this defilement cannot be allowed to continue! I propose, then that we form an alliance against this common scourge. If these undead are allowed to spread, we will surely fall to their corruption.

Sincerely, Arctus Invictus I, Holy Orcadian Emperor and Pontifex Maximus of the Solarian Church
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Land of the Savage Tide
    Esp. ++-

Empire of Teth
    Spoiler
    Show
    No outside human may despoil our land with their presence. A official and a translator will entire your land and discuss relations and what other maters you have.

OCC: Mon Coray is no longer in the game.

Rorixle's Wings
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you suggest that you would be a watch for the might of the Naga? We will send a human to discuss whatever you wish, your rocks are unworthy of the grace of our superior species!

Zmij Khanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Some of your wares were in a ship that trespassed in our seas. We have enjoyed what we have found despite being made by a land walker, we would like more.
    56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Empire of Teth Esp +++-

Rorixle's Wings (In person, within Teth's capital)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skantok and any travelling companions he has (such as his dragon if it comes as well) are given the royal treatment. He is informed that discussion of important matters will come once Teth has met with the representatives of other countries. For now, the Empire is most grateful for their guest of honor, and hired military advisor.

The Savage Tide (In person, within Teth's capital)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Mon Coray is a NPC now. They are to your northeast on the map.

Teth accepts the Savage Tide's terms. The representative is shown full respect and given the royal treatment (although no live humans to feed on). A point is made to show the representative a man named Skantok from a distance, naming him as one of heroes of Rorixle's Wings. The purpose of such a "casual" observation is not hard to follow. It is a message from Teth that it has relations with the mercenaries and that if the Savage Tide attacks, they will fight more than just Teth. It is a deterent, if the Savage Tide knows the concept.

When he is ready, he is led to a chamber where two of the Jinn await. There are three scribes, two human and one drow, an Ogress, and an Orc. The two Jinn are known as Callad the Broker, and Medras the Commander. The former is magenta in color as is dressed as an aristocrat. Medras however, is decked in magical armor, is far larger, and is a brilliant gold hue. Medras carries a sword as tall as he.

"Ah welcome dear guest. I hope you have found Teth accomodating. If you would have a seat... or to continue to stand, your preference of course, we can discuss some matters. Most importantly, to make sure you do not invade us."

Medras made a growling sound at the last. "The purpose is, Naga, to determine your motives. You have made it clear you despise humanity. Does that extend to all land dwelling races? Do you hate our orcs, goblins, dwarfs, and elves in equal measure? Does that extend to we Jinn, creatures of a thousand year legacy?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheandratranix- The Great Silver Dragon

Sheandratranix liked to play games. She had been playing games for hundreds of years. Games like 'knock over the castle' and 'catch' were old classics. Today, she played spy. In the form of a small winged lizard, she looked out over the masses of undead. The roar from the small group at the head caused much commotion. Internally, she frowned, and every fiber in her body wanted to change form and bring her freezing breath down the ranks of the dead.

The combined evil miasma of so much unnatural undeath- especially of a fellow Dragon, stuck in her craw. However, now was not the time. If she died here, then she would just add her great power to their ever-growing horde- and that would be, frankly, a death knell for even more innocents. With a sniff, she turned a flied to an area far enough away from the mass of undead that she was in no danger, and polymorphed into her glorious true form. Taking to the air, she flew with all speed out of the land of the dead, only stopping a few times to destroy a few groups of ghouls and one paticularly annoying Vampire who she spied trying to feed a young woman. The smile on the young ladies face, whose name she found was Rihanne, as she stepped on the Vampires skull did much to warm her heart.

So it was with this girl in toe as she landed in the lands near the Church of the Platinum Dragon's land, transforming into the form of a silver haired elven woman.

To the Platinum Church
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sheandratranix stepped up to a young cleric on the steps of one of the many churches in the Church's lands "Where can I find Bishop Gero?"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Feyswood: +++++-

To Zmij Khanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes! We love jokes and pranks and seeing the world is exactly what we want to do! I wish I could good myself but Elder Kiras would yell at me if I ignored my dumb boring queen stuff and his yelling gives me a headache.

But don't worry! There are plenty of other pixies that would love to go with!

To Rorixle's Wings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The magic for flight is stored in our wings and it activates when we flap them of course. Why, how do humans fly? I have never left Feyswood so I have never seen a human.

To Orcadian Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, well if you promise to plant news ones I think it can work out okay. If you offer us some shinies or magic toys I am sure I can convince some pixie to help out by marking trees that have things living in them and which ones are okay for you to cut.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Gladiator Uprising

Hargoth has watched the sky all night. The Meteor must have set things into motion and something is bound to happen. Now that things have quieted down within the former Empire of Morgesh, its time to find allies and support.

"Helena, send messenger to all who are willing to receive our message, the world must know that the Empire of Morgesh is no more and that we require aid to rebuild the land."

Helena only nods and calls for a messenger. A young boy in a simple leather outfit approaches, pen and parchment at the ready.

"Greetings from Hargoth Ironhill to you,

I would like to inform you about the situation within the former Empire of Morgesh. The Gladiator Uprising has removed the last threats to pease within our lands. We want to ask all who know honor to aid us in rebuilding our nation. In return we offer long term trade agreements which will bring wealth and growth to us all.

Strength and Honor,

Hargoth Ironhill"

After writing the message on the parchment, the boy runs off to inform the other messengers and to copy the message in order to spread it far and wide.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Zmij Khanate +++++

To Savage Tide [esp]
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, Akasha, the Great Warlord of the Oceans, we are, but, natural allies, for you desire to rule all water and we have no interests outside of land. Should you need anything for your conquests, we'd be more than willing to sell it to you, so your dominion may grow.

Feyswood [Esp]

Spoiler
    Show

''Excellent!'' Green Zmij claps his hands and his servants rush to bring out boxes and jars. Inside are wine bottles from all over the world and sweets, many from Khanate, many of exotic variety. ''Let us celebrate this happy occasion then. What sort of spirits do you drink? I haven't ever tasted the wine of fey and I would be most happy to try it''.

The Zmij Khanate Caravan sets up tents and brings out food and drink for a ''farewell party'' for the Pixie's who decide to leave with the Caravan.

[Cost of party: - Economy]

To Undead Menace [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Clear your PM box please.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-12-01 at 05:59 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

The Freehold of Kor esp (++)

Lord Protector Farin sat unmoved as the High Priest of the Prophet Enshrined gave his usual fervent declarations. He declared the meteors were a sign from the Prophet, that the end would come soon, if the Freehold did not stop its heresies. Other religions must be banned, all festival days forbidden, shirking work punishable by stoning, all routine cries by the church. Farin would have dearly loved to excise the church from his government entirely, but the people would lynch him for even suggesting it. They loved the government, but they feared and loved their Prophet more. All so frustrating.

To Zmjj Khanate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We like the sound of your suggestion. We will agree to sign up to it if the other nations do so.

To Fleurent Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our nations are similar. We both stand as mercantile republics in a land of military empires. I propose we discuss alliance. At the very least, trade and a pact to defend one another if attacked should be considered. Additionally, we should co-operate, to keep the Undead from spreading out of their isthmus.

To the Feyswood
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are the Freehold of Kor. Once the conquered, we have broken our chains and stand as a free nation. We were once too ruled the Holy Orcadian Empire. We would be interested in opening trade between our peoples.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-12-01 at 12:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

The Shadow Clans

"The Empire of Teth, huh." The shadowed figure upon the hill smiles. There was much interest as to why they'd been asked to send an envoy, he would enjoy finding out...

To the Third Legion:(PM Level)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Esteemed Allies, we are leaving it to you to deal with the more public relations, such as the Feyswood return. Send along anything you might want explored further."

To the Empire of Teth:(PM Level)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Within the week, a shadowed figure appears in the audience rooms, unanounced and unseen previous.

"You say you wish to discuss about us giving 'services'. I must ask now what it is that you wish for us to do? Since we do have certain restrictions."
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Mon Corray to Empire of Teth Esp +++
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would gladly meet to discuss Savage Tide and our mutual futures

Mines of Fromag to Empire of Teth Personal Meeting
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Ghornesh approaches the Mine he notices two new watchtowers under construction as well as a brigade of troops training with dwarfish crossbows. However Ghornesh is greeted warmly and brought inside to meet the Thane. They take Ghornesh to an underground gazebo where the Thane is apparently doing his accounting for the next few months as the public argues about where the coin should be spent.

Shining Path of Gold and Adamant (SPGA) to Thuamian Atien Esp 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    The path of redemtion is a rocky one indeed and even its most repentant travlers may not find the solace they seek. Our best advice is to protect all peoples from the great evils of Strife, Famine, Plague, and Misfortune.

Arionthos to Thuamian Atien Esp 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    We seek to rejoin the world, hopefully in peace.
    While we shall not turn you away
    Nigh shall we seek your protection
    Or court peril protecting you
    Consider this your chance
    Come and prove yourself
    To us and the world
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #19

Church of the Platinum Dragon
    Espionage: ++++

It was late, and Archbishop Gergori Canez sat in his study, as he often did, pondering. As always, the news he received from Carmelengo McKenna was a mixture of good, bad, and worrying, but that wasn't what was on his mind tonight. Neither was further reports of an undead scourge forming to the west, as dire a matter as that was.

No, tonight he was pondering, as were many others, the meteor shower. It seemed that almost every person had some interpretation of it, either as a portent, a religious sign, or a harbinger of doom. Everyone, that is, except for him.

All he knew was that it was no sign from the Wyrmking, so he really didn't know what to make of it. And he was getting sick of trying to explain that to everyone who asked. All he could tell them was that if it meant anything, it meant that they were in for some...interesting...times.

Rorixle's Wings
    Spoiler
    Show

We are glad to hear that you wish to embrace our beliefs, we wholeheartedly welcome the idea of the construction of a chapel in your lands.

Also, I've spoken to the Archbishop, and he would be delighted and honored to bless the new chapel and Somakie's child himself.

Sincerely,

Camerlengo Patrick McKenna

Sheandratranix
    Spoiler
    Show

The young priest smiles at the young woman and the silver-haired elf. "I believe I last saw Bishop Gero in the crossing of the Cathedral. If you wish, I could help you find him."

He leads the two women into the main area of the Cathedral, weaving past priests, worshipers, and members of the Ordo Contego. The main area is fairly large, (and as bare as the stone walls are, the large windows are all the keep it from resembling a castle more than a church) it takes several minutes to make their way through the nave.

He eventually leads them to an area a bit away from the crowd in the cathedral. Two men stand there conversing; a young man in common clothes who has a streak of silver running through his hair, and a older man clad in simple vestments. Both wear the silver chain of a priest of the Wyrmking. (Though discerning eyes might notice that the older man's chain is made of platinum, not silver.)

The younger man is the first to notice the newcomers approach. He looks at the elven woman, puzzled at first, before recognition visibly dawns on his face. "Mother?" He breaks out in a smile as he begins walking forward to meet her. "It's great see you! It's been..." he pauses a moment, "Wow, more than a few years, hasn't it? What brings you here today? And you should have totally let me know you were coming, we could have prepared a proper welcome for you..."

Flourent Republic
    Spoiler
    Show

There seems to be a large mess of undead interlopers very nearly on your doorstep. Should you wish it, the Ordo Contego could be there to assist you in your defense against them.

Alistar Redrake, Grandmaster of the Ordo Contego

Third Legion & Shadow Clans
    Spoiler
    Show

The Legion and the Shadow Clans once stood against a great evil and defeated it, in defense of everyone. Now another threat rears it's ugly head. The undead scourge will wipe away all life that it comes across unless we find a way to stop it. Will you stand with us against this rising darkness?

Archbishop Gregori Canez
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Sheandratranix

Church of the Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Nonsense. If I ever gave you the ability to prepare, that would mean I would have to deal with fanfare and I wouldn't get to see the surprise on your face" she smirks slightly before she allows the expression to fade, and she turned her attention to the older man- appraising his garb and Holy Symbol.

"Don't be rude Geronifaxxen" she said using his full draconic name "Tell me your friends name"
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Fleurent Republic
    (OOC: To be fair, it's pretty obvious why everyone seems to be using that spelling. )
    ESP: ++
    WO: ++++-

As the door closed behind the last petitioner of the day, Doge Jourdain groaned as she slumped over the ornate ebonwood desk. Smiling, her secretary Johannes walked up to the desk, carrying a small tray with a cup of tea. She sighed as she took the cup gratefully. "You always know exactly when to step in. I don't know how I'd handle this job without you."

He smiled, demurring slightly, and she glanced over at him. The scar over his throat, a present from two members of the old Tribunal, had largely faded from the vivid crimson it had been when the two had first met. Though mute, he saw and heard everything, and people underestimated the dauntless servant at their own peril. "Well," she commented, taking the first of the packages from the Bureau of Foreign Trade, "I suppose it's time for our friendly neighbors." Behind her, outside of a large plate glass window installed by some previous Doge, the sky was vivid with the falling stars of the heavens, but the Doge paid it no heed. The work that rested ahead of her was far greater than the turning of distant spheres.

To Feyswood (ESP +++++-)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We of the Fleurent Republic would be most pleased to meet with you, and we come in the name of trade and peace. We will, if you so desire, send a small trade delegation up the Lys River to the headwaters, and the forest you call your home.

To Zmij Khanate (ESP +++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your proposal is in very close accord with one we were considering sending to you. We would be extremely pleased to accept. With the cooperation of our maritime trade and your overland routes, we hope to create a trade alliance such that the world has not seen in far too long.

However, we do have some concern over rumours from the western lands. There have been many tales of a rising army of late, powered by necromancy and the undead armies of fallen soldiers. Our ships, sailing down the river and out to sea, have seen the signs of this army's passage, and should it move north and east, it would prove to be a grave threat to us all. We hope to arrange for military cooperation as well, in order to develop both of our armed forces against this threat.

To The Holy Orcadian Empire (ESP ++++-)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your proposal is well-met. We have viewed the same signs of the growing necromantic menace with great concern, and would welcome closer military cooperation between our two powers.

To The Gladiator Uprising (ESP +-)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. We of the Fleurent Republic are always interested in pursuing closer trade relations We would be quite interested in establishing naval trade routes between our nations

To The Freehold of Kor (ESP ++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We believe that the commonalities that exist between our nations do indeed far outweigh any difference that may exist. We would be pleased to combine our naval expertise with your own, and pool our military resources against the growing undead threat.

To Church of the Platinum Dragon (ESP: ++++)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your offer is an honorable one, and we accept. We will arrange for our own Milites to work in concert with your own soldiers, and we hope that the necromantic menace can be contained before it spills out onto the continent.
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

22. - Top - End - #22

PaladinGuy

"Well Zarkant? Have you managed to glean anything from your spies?

"I'm sorry Kassek I simply don't have the resources. If you could alot me a little more funding I-"

"Impossible, we are in desperate need of funds as it is. One misstep and we will lose what little gold we have to politics."

"Fine, here is what I have got, use it well."

Rorixle's Wings Esp ++-

The Church of the Platinum Dragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent! I shall order the construction immiediatly. Dragons Call shall be graced by the gods for the first time in history. I hope that The WyrmKing spreads throughout our lands.
    Faithfully,
    Kakenzi, First Dragon of Dragons Call

P.S. While I can understand what reluctance your Church may have, my alotted funds as well of those of Somakie, Zarkant, Terem, and Tarsik (memebers of our family who have decided to donate) Only total to + economy, with perhaps another - coming from the people who wish to see the church built. If you would like to add a controbution, however small, it would be greatly apprieciated.

P.P.S. Somakie is overjoyed by the news that the ArchBishop himself will be coming and is donating her finest gem from her hoard to your church. You have made a Dragon very happy, I will not forget that.

To Feyswood

Spoiler
    Show
    That is truly facinating. Humans cannot fly in the first place, though there are magic spells that grant us flight. I hope we remain in contact, I have been reading through several books on your kind and they tell me a myraid of different things. Many of them contradictory or logically impossible. One of my greatest wishes is to write a conclusive book on the anatomy of all thinking races. I hope to find a place within for your own race.
    Sincerely,
    Litia Rorixle

The Savage Tide

Spoiler
    Show
    The human emissary is brought straight to the fortress of Dragons Call and led quickly to a prepared room. He is greeted there by the severe looking Yenatel. "We have much to discuss islander, let us get to buissness."

To the Freehold of Kor and The Principality of Kosechi

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to your peoples. I am Terem Rorixle and I hope that you and yours are in good health. Forgive me for being curt, but the close proximity of our lands makes certain demands for negotiation. We at Dragons Call wish you to know that our forces are available for hire to any with a reliable means to pay and an honest demenour. We are currently charging + economy for + military, this price is of course negotiable.

The other thing I wish to discuss is trade, your nations are the primary trade partners of Genglam and Tenota, and we have their intrests to think of as well. Would either of your nations be open to formal trade rights with Dragons Call and its Vassals?

Terem Rorixle
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2011-12-06 at 02:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

There are strange things done under the midnight sun,
    By the men of shining gold.
    The Hyperborean trails have their secret tails,
    That would make your blood run cold.
    The sunwrought lights have seen strange sights,
    But the strangest they ever did see:
    Was the night on the edge of the Arionthian ledge
    When a god walked in to tea.

"...and an excellent blend this is, I do believe I tasted a hint of at least sixteen different poisons. If you ever have any visitors you may consider getting the blandest plants to brew you can find, they haven't had a lifetime of acclimatization. Now, where was I? Ah yes, the Teth invasion of a few centuries ago.

Rather nasty business that. They had spent goodness only knows how much magical energy to bind elemental and mutability wards over the entire army. I had to get creative to kill them all before they could get entrenched.

So I animated the clay of the ground, and placed a portion of breath inside it. Thus surrounded by the exceptionally beautiful though gender indistinct manikins they were still organizing some sort of assault when the dancing started. The song was a derivative of that rather interesting number that drove the giant angels insane.

Their sorcerers though were good and and through up walls of silence. That wasn't the attack though, it was visual in nature. Their brains were unable to process the visual stimulation and the army died to a man of nosebleeds. Humerus but inelegant.

I felt bad for them so I turned their remains into a tree of living stone with leaves of water that contained their souls in a shared dream. Still around I think though it has this odd tendency to allow entirely artificial dream people into the real world.
    "
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-12-01 at 02:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

The Third Legion

To the Empire of Teth
    Spoiler
    Show
    We face a mutual foe. The undead menace is a threat to us all - will you stand with us in eliminating this threat?

To Rorixle's Wings
    Spoiler
    Show

We agree. The Dead are showing themselves to be more dangerous by the day, and we are gladdened by others who understand the danger. We will happily combine our forces with you for this great goal.

To Feyswood
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are gladdened that you have chosen to return to the world - those nations that stand for righteousness will perhaps soon be hard pressed. We must ask if you would be willing to provide assistance in a collective campagin to eliminate hostile forces to us all.

To the Shadow Clans (In person)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhaps we should make a collective effort to find out the strength of the undead menance, such that we can efficently fight it.

To The Church of the Platinum Dragon
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will. We are seeking allies now - are you doing the same?

To the Gladiator Uprising
    Spoiler
    Show
    A great darkness has fallen across the land, and none of us can sleep easily until it is eliminated. Will you assist us in a collective campagin against the undead menace?

To Everyone:
    We face a great collective threat. The Undead Menace has not made a secret of it's plans to destroy the peaceful and righteous nations of the world, and it will not stop based on species or alignment. We request a collective crusade against this great threat - if we all work together, we can hopefully eliminate them in short order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonius View Post
    Well, strangely enough a faction with Reputation 0 and history of past betrayals proved itself to be rather untrustworthy. My hat is off for the Mothriders.

Damn, about 29 stats in one swipe. Since I'm clearly the next I'm booby-trapping every inch of the Maze.

25. - Top - End - #25

Realm of Belarion
    Espionage: +++

An overly adventurous young kobold is seen approaching Belarion, cautiously entering the perimeter of the forest.

Four seconds later the Kobold's cry can be heard echoing out of the thick forest. He was never seen again.

Mines of Fromag
    Spoiler
    Show
    Proud Dwarves,

Our friendship and cooperation in the past has contributed to the safety and security of our people. We would like to create a formal alliance with your people, us overseeing the forest while you oversee the mountains. By doing so, we know that friends will always be watching our backs and come to each others' aid in times of need. Additionally, we often could use the assistance of your expertise when it comes to the construction of our beautiful underground cities.

King Theribrim of Belarion

Elves of Dronabino
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cousins of Dronabino,

As always we seek to live in peace, protecting from the humans through seclusion. We would be interested in collaborating to ensure the well-being and survival of the elven race through our collective knowledge of nature and magic.

Feyswood
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to you, witty pixies. It surprises us that you've revealed yourselves to the humans of the world - seclusion tends to be our strategy for survival in these lands. Nevertheless, we wish you luck in your dealings with them and pray to the gods that they protect you from their thirst for the blood of we ancient peoples. Perhaps our mutual connections with nature and her magic would allow us to cooperate our energies for mutual growth and survival.

Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Feyswood (+++++-)

To Zmij Khanate:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pixies bring treats to the party as well in the form of pixie wine and exotic fruits native to Feyswood. The pixies that are willing to go appear to gardeners eager for adventure and still carry gardening tools on them.

To the Freehold of Kor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, yes trade! Our fruits for your shinnies sound good?

To Fleurent Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes! Send them please! We would love to meet them, though we don't have to trade.

To Rorixle's Wings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, so you walk like elves then? Doesn't that get tiring?

And what is an anatomy?

To Third Legion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds like fighting. Pixies don't fight, we prank. We could pull pranks on people while you "eliminate" them. But who is so mean and nasty to deserve being eliminated?

To Realm of Belarion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh yes, cooperation and survival is exactly what we want! Yay!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Principality of Koschei(+++++)

To Feyswood:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair Pixies, the rule of the Akomen was unpleasant for all involved. We are delighted to discover you survived their barbarous cruelty. The people of Koschei have since thrown off the shackles of their rule and bear you no ill will.

To Zmij:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is very much in our interests to aid our friends and neighbors. We would be pleased to help ensure the rights and freedoms of your family and your subjects. We hope that the bond of friendship between our peoples will only grow stronger with time.

To Rorixle's Wings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for notifying us of your skills. Should we have need of your services, we will certainly remember it. As to the matter of trade, such an arrangement would be of benefit to both our peoples, and we see no reason do be hostile to the idea.
    Last edited by Arminius; 2011-12-01 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Espionage Rating/grammar

28. - Top - End - #28

PaladinGuy

"Are you sure you want to do this Iky? Searching for fallen meteors is all well and good, but surely Rekkar needs you more here."

Ikanto sighed lightly, looking for all the world a perfectly exaspirated older sibling. He loved Litia and would die for her, but if she continued to repeat herself he might be forced to change his mind about his search.

"Yes Litia I am sure, please stop pestering me. Now what have you been doing lately cooped up here at home?"

"Oh you would never believe it! The Pixies of Feyswood are still alive, I have been sending messages to them for a few days. I really want to meet one. For my book of course."

"Of course..." Ikanto watched his sister try to keep a straight face. "You just want to see one cause you think they will be cute don't you! Oh you are such a little girl, a twentythree year old little girl!"

Rorixle's Wings Esp ++-

To Feyswood

Spoiler
    Show
    Anatomy is how your body works on the inside. I want to write a book that describes anatomy of all races. Its still a work in progress, but I already have eighteen different races written up. Could I meet one of your people so I can put your discription in my book?
    Sincerely,
    Litia Rorixle

To the Savage Tide (PM in Dragons Call)

Spoiler
    Show
    Insert Pregame scheming here

To Teth (PM in Teth's Capital)

Spoiler
    Show
    Skantok is boisterous but inexplicibly charming. He playes the good houseguest when required of him but frequently asks if he can use your training yard. When there he proves himself time and time again to be an incredible warrior. He is a bit on the proud side, but he gives ligitimetly good advice to everyone he faces, and seldom comes off as arrogant.

To The Pricipality of Koschei

Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, I appreciate the quick and agreeable reply. I shall have my brother Zarkant work out the details of proper trade rights, but it is as good as done.
    Terem Rorixle

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Land of the Savage Tide
    Esp. ++-

Empire of Teth
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tide representative collects many stares as he is led to the meeting. Nearly a head and a half taller then most human the creature smells strongly of sea water and rotten fish while its mucky footprints stain the otherwise nice floor. It declines any offers of food beverages, and says not a word until it entries the chamber. Pulling out a orb made of carved coral, it begins to talk in perfect common:

As requested by the mighty warlord Akasha, Voice of the Depths and Tides, I have come to represent my mighty Empire. He Who Rest Under the Waves has instructed us Naga to return the dry land to its home underneath the sea. All who embrace the Depths, even orcs, goblins, dwarfs,elves, and Jinn ,shall prosper under a new ear. Those who resist will drown.

The falling of the stars is a sign that another nation must return to the sea. If you join us your people will be spared and will prosper. If you oppose against the Tide, your fate is inevitable.

Rorixle's Wings [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The human representative is clad in molding robes covered in a variety of stain and rips. He smells strongly of sea water and appears uncomfortable in his surroundings. I have never left my island before the Naga came and enlighten us all, he explains. I never knew a place so high above the water could exist. When he reaches Yenatel, he bows in respect and then delivers his message.

I must apologies for my masters remarks. He is quick to anger and is in constant fear that is another treats him as an equal, people will stop fearing him. The meteor shower is a sign the He Who Rest Under the Waves wishes another nation to join the Tide. We seek no quorum with you and your dragons, but ask only for mutual peace and partnership.
    56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

The Empire of Teth Esp +++-

Mines of Fromag (In person, PM status)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghornesh the merchant appeared portly, which was strange for a magical creature that did not feed as mortals do. Dark blue and covered in white silk he was jovial around his dwarven hosts. “Ah, a wonderful day that our two great kingdoms meet again! How I have missed a good dwarven brew and song, and how I long to see your goods in our marketplaces.” He looked at all around him like a child. “But yes, we have business to attend to, a trade pact to make for two purposes which we are both aware of.
    “The first is simple enough, for trade, for growth, for expansion! To send laborers to one another, business to one another, innovation and raw goods to friends. Trade is the future, and only through trade can peace and prosperity be realized in our shared region. Oh yes, and then there is our… common unfriendly neighbor, the Pitt. I do not trust them, not in the least! Too many times they have backstabbed us, and the Empire of Teth is aware of your own tragic history with goblins, and we sympathize, vengeance is to be yours! If only the goblins of the Pitt could be like our own goblins and hobgoblins, who respect and work with our own dwarven populace. Oh yes, if only those goblins weren’t malicious and treacherous like the ones in your history. Yes, we must start a mutual trade pact, not only for the wealth, but as a sign of strength, an alliance of arms that will keep the goblins at bay. Besides my friends…” Ghornesh leaned in for a loud whisper “…fortune favors the patient. If we can sit back and be allies, perhaps they will fall on their own traitorous blades.”
    Ghornesh regained his friendliness, the dark look in his eyes fading away. “What say you, good brothers?! A toast to friendship and trade!”

Teth proposes thus: A mutual defensive pact against the Pitt. Renewed trade. Teth is particularly interested in dwarven weapons and armor.

Shadow Clans (In person, PM level)
    Spoiler
    Show
    And will be sending you a PM. Forum Explorer too so he knows what's going on.

Mon Coray (In person, PM level)
    Spoiler
    Show
    And therefore a PM will be sent after this post comes up.

The Third Legion (not in person, you can intercept it, yay!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your cause is noble an just, and we would gladly lend our aid. However, we currently cannot given our political situation. To our south are the Pitt and Savage Tide. The latter in particular we are concerned of and we must make sure whether through diplomatic means or a showing of strength that they will not invade. We are also concerned of our northern neighbors who historically once belonged to our Empire and who we know may hold grudges still.

Once Teth has secured itself and made the proper alliances, we will aid you. A vote of confidence from your beloved soldiers to our neighbors would go a long way to hasten this process.

EDITED BELOW: Ninja'd by The Savage Tide

Savage Tide (in person)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your words are ominous, if not an outright threat. Give us time to think and consider then. You ask... much of us."

Rorixle's Wings (in person)
    Spoiler
    Show
    PM time.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2011-12-01 at 08:12 PM.