New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread IX: Errata is Combo-Ok!

Basically, the Dragon-Born probably wouldn't take over because Autocthon would probably modify them in some way so they couldn't and because of cultural values.
    There is beuty of exalted: they were made for rebellion.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Basically, the Dragon-Born
    But, there is one they fear. In their tongue, he is 01100100011100100110000101100111011011110110111001 100010011011110111001001101110.

...Dragonborn.

fus roh AS IN THE BEGINNING

This is the story of one Claslat nutrient factory manager with the tiniest Terrestrial heritage from the time before Autochthonia. When he leaps into the path of a rampaging productivity rat to save one of his foremen, that sacred blood ignites and he discovers that he can yell fire out of his own face.

Now he is alone. A glitch in the system. A being nearly unheard of in his world. What path shall he now take? Will he seek out tales of the Neckbeards, a lost circle of elder Terrestrials said to perch on the highest peak of the highest alternator in Autochthonia, accidentally taken when the Maker fled Creation, who legends tell are capable of yelling far more exotic things out of their face than fire, and can lead the Dragonborn to become the savior of his world? Or will he spend 200 hours screwing around and murdering random townsfolk before getting around to the first plot hook?

Given that he is one of Creation's Exalted, the latter is far more likely...
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-03-01 at 05:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    But, there is one they fear. In their tongue, he is 01100100011100100110000101100111011011110110111001 100010011011110111001001101110.

...Dragonborn.

This is the story of one Claslat nutrient factory manager with the tiniest Terrestrial heritage from the time before Autochthonia. When he leaps into the path of a rampaging productivity rat to save one of his foremen, that sacred blood ignites and he discovers that he can yell fire out of his own face.

Now he is alone. A glitch in the system. A being nearly unheard of in his world. What path shall he now take? Will he seek out tales of the Neckbeards, a lost circle of elder Terrestrials said to perch on the highest peak of the highest alternator in Autochthonia, accidentally taken when the Maker fled Creation, who legends tell are capable of yelling far more exotic things out of their face than fire, and can lead the Dragonborn to become the savior of his world? Or will he spend 200 hours screwing around and murdering random townsfolk before getting around to the first plot hook?

Yes. Yes just yes.

In semi-related news, I have been thinking about how the Dovah might translate into Exalted. Unusually powerful First Circle Souls of He Who Bleeds the Unknown Word, perhaps, given their draconic and linguistic nature?

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    So, how do you guys think dragonbloods would get on in Autochthonia? I don't mean dynasts moving in to conquer/emigrate, I mean if Autokun had accidentally swept up a couple terrestrials and they had established a population. What would their role in society be (pariahs, citizens, or leaders)? Do you think they might adapt to autochthonian elements (Air->Steam, Earth->Metal, Fire->Lightning, Water->Oil, Wood->Crystal would be my guess)?

Note this is not for the game I'm running.
    Autochthonia has six elements. This is all too unsymmetrical golly ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Dragon-Blooded don't adapt, so they would still use Creation's elements. They'd probably be on top of society, because the Alchemical Exalted are only able to be forced to their position in society by constantly needing refitting while unconcious and vulnerable. If Alchemicals didn't need mortals to keep them maintained, Alchemicals would probably be running the place. Dragon-Blooded don't need mortals like Alchemicals do, nor do they turn into cities, so they would be free to use their Charms to dominate Autochthonian society.
    ...I cannot imagine the DBs doing so without them being excised utterly from the population.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I don't know that dragonblood don't adapt. I've read a couple references to tainted bloodlines as a result of demon experimentation producing dragonblooded with a curious affinity for vitriol and some demonic traits, and then there are the Dragons of a Different Color use the Underworld Elements. I think that exposed to autochthonian essence and possibly getting genetic infusions from autochthonian elementals over enough generations might result in some mechanical dragons.

The rest meshes well with one of the scenarios I was thinking of.
    I think Dragons of a Different Color use normal elements, but adopt some thematics of the underworld ones.

That said, when I finally get back to my DB Project, underworld and autochthonian dragonbloods will be entirely playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post

...Dragonborn.

Xefas why do you keep making me love you
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ettin in the Playground

Putting 25 abilities across 6 elements is easy!

Just make Craft in-aspect for all of them!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Putting 25 abilities across 6 elements is easy!

Just make Craft in-aspect for all of them!
    I did that when I first made the document, silly kismesis of mine.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

...normally, I correct typos when they're pointed out, but that was funny enough to leave in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...I cannot imagine the DBs doing so without them being excised utterly from the population.
    I have been assuming that we are talking about Dragon-Blooded present from the very begining of Autochthonia's inhabitation. Dragon-Blooded have never been subservient to mortals, Alchemicals have not ever been present before so they aren't used to servivng them, and mortals of the time has spent the whole Primordial War with Dragon-Blooded as their protectors and goveners. Just thinking that Dragon-Blooded belong on the bottom of society would be hard, let alone enforcing that opinion when your continued survival depends on the Essence-fueled powers of the Dragon-Blooded.

The idea that Alchemicals should not rule took how many centuries to become codified in Autochthonian law?

9. - Top - End - #639
    Troll in the Playground

I think she's referring to Autocthon's white blood cells purging the Dragon-blooded like they were a bad case of the flu.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Autochthon's autonomous defenses couldn't kill the Dragon-Blooded population without killing the mortal population.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Troll in the Playground

Can you elaborate on that point?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

I have been assuming that we are talking about Dragon-Blooded present from the very begining of Autochthonia's inhabitation. Dragon-Blooded have never been subservient to mortals, Alchemicals have not ever been present before so they aren't used to servivng them, and mortals of the time has spent the whole Primordial War with Dragon-Blooded as their protectors and goveners. Just thinking that Dragon-Blooded belong on the bottom of society would be hard, let alone enforcing that opinion when your continued survival depends on the Essence-fueled powers of the Dragon-Blooded.

The idea that Alchemicals should not rule took how many centuries to become codified in Autochthonian law?
    Oh, good point. I was thinking more if they emerged later and tried to be loud, or snuck on.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Can you elaborate on that point?
    Autochthon has three classes of entity on hand that he could use to go kill something inside himself: Exmachina, Elementals, and Biomechanoids. A Dragon-Blooded alone can stand up to any single low-Essence Elemental or Spirit himself, if not be able to kill it, and a circle of them are much more dangerous, so any attempt to kill ALL of the Dragon-Blooded would necessarily require a swarming mass of spirits. If the Dragon-Blooded have even a century before this starts, the number of spirits required to put down the Dragon-Blooded gets even bigger.

Now, we are assuming that Dragon-Blooded are at the top of the power chart, here in our early Autochthonian model. Guess who gets to serve as soldiers beside the Dragon-Blooded? Guess who is going to fight to defend their homes against an army of death? The mortal population is going to sustain huge losses just to root out those Dragon-Blooded, possibly to the point of non-sustainability.

Then there are the psychological ramifications of such an attack, even if the mortals were spared. Who is going to trust in the Great Maker anymore when he casually commits genocide upon his inhabitants?
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2012-03-01 at 06:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Not to mention the fact that the stealing of Dragon-Blooded would likely have provoked the Deliberative to be a bit more... aggressive... in attempts to breach the Seal.

Not as much as if a Solar had been taken, but still.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Not to mention the fact that the stealing of Dragon-Blooded would likely have provoked the Deliberative to be a bit more... aggressive... in attempts to breach the Seal.

They would probably not really have noticed some missing dragonbloods (heck, they were so many) and Autochthon went away specifically because he (and many of the followers he took) didn't want to stick around Solars anymore, so that last bit was a no-brainer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #646
    Troll in the Playground

Except... Nothing can break the Seal, not from outside of Autocthonia. That was the POINT of the Seal.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #647
    Firbolg in the Playground

Except... Nothing can break the Seal, not from outside of Autocthonia. That was the POINT of the Seal.
    Black Faith, pop up in Autocthonia, open the seal, pop back out.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

18. - Top - End - #648

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Black Faith, pop up in Autocthonia, open the seal, pop back out.
    Annnnnnnnnnnd how many First Age Solars could cast Black Faith?
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Pffft. Impossibility is nothing to the Solar Exalted!

Except, of course, resurrection and time travel.

BUT APART FROM THAT!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Pffft. Impossibility is nothing to the Solar Exalted!

Except, of course, resurrection and time travel.

BUT APART FROM THAT!
    And convincing about half the fanbase that Solars aren't OMGHAXXORZ
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Autochthon's autonomous
    Autochthonomous.

That is all.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Estasia was a Tiger-Warrior-turned-Solar-Queen, who became Luminous Exarch the Twice-Exalted, who became Lux the capital of Estasia.

This may or may not have something to do with why he's a jerk.

(Also, they tried like crazy. Primordial world-body filled with goodies? GIMME)
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Well, going by Voice of the Magnus there's a strong implication that fairly early in the first age Brigid was recreated as a deathlord. So Void Circle would be on the table by someone who USED to be a solar. And I can totally see a deathlord getting sic'd on autobot. The revenge potential would appeal, and a deathlord in Autochthonia might explain some of his problems...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Estasia was a Tiger-Warrior-turned-Solar-Queen, who became Luminous Exarch the Twice-Exalted, who became Lux the capital of Estasia.

This may or may not have something to do with why he's a jerk.

(Also, they tried like crazy. Primordial world-body filled with goodies? GIMME)
    Estasia had been exalted on a previous life, I believe. But was just mortal when she followed Autochthon into exile.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #655

None on the record. Still doable.

1) Initiate into Iron Circle Necromancy.
    2) Initiate into Onyx Circle Necromancy.
    3) Find the Cenotaph of Urosh-Kar, and meditate upon it.
    4) Black Faith.

Alternatively...

1) Get meschlum to make a Style 5, Essence 10 Fair Folk.
    2) Have the Fair Folk do a Wyld Stunt that equates to Black Faith.

Either way, whoever's inside then proceeds to do his damnedest to open the seal.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-03-01 at 10:47 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

26. - Top - End - #656
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Estasia had been exalted on a previous life, I believe. But was just mortal when she followed Autochthon into exile.
    Ah, that's right. I had gotten her lives mixed up a little.

Still, though, they tried like Autocthon was a giant piņata full of loot, which of course is exactly what he is.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

27. - Top - End - #657

None on the record. Still doable.
    Completely doable. By ST fiat.

Not that it wouldn't make a good plot hook for an Autochtonian game, but there's not really any way you could possibly do it without it coming down to PLOT.

And this is all besides the point (note: point may have just been arbitrarily decided on by me). Black Faith is up there with BoSS for "bull**** broken Necromancy".

1) Get meschlum to make a Style 5, Essence 10 Fair Folk.
    2) Have the Fair Folk do a Wyld Stunt that equates to Black Faith.
    That's really not how Wyld Stunting works.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-03-01 at 11:44 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

28. - Top - End - #658

That's really not how Wyld Stunting works.
    It points out that a Wyld Stunt can mimic the effects of a sorcery spell, assuming you have the prerequisite Heart and Essence.

29. - Top - End - #659

It points out that a Wyld Stunt can mimic the effects of a sorcery spell, assuming you have the prerequisite Heart and Essence.
    Yes, Wyld Stunts can emulate sorcery, but that's not how Wyld Stunting works in the first place. It's exactly like a regular stunt, only you can enhance it to make magic happen (this is, obviously, way easier in the Wyld, where all sorts of improbable locales abound). In Creation, you could burst through a window, sending a cloud of glass through the room, emulating Death of Obsidian Butterflies. You could kick open a door so hard it bursts open every other door of a building, emulating Violent Opening of Closed Portals. You could form a human pyramid and go into battle, emulating Unity of the Closed Fist.

You can't, however, just magic up whatever you want using them. There needs to be some sort of rational.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

InB4Meschlum
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show