New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread IX: Errata is Combo-Ok!

Here is Mr. Bookworm's foe, Heaven-Banished Brass Deva.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Heaven-Banished Brass Deva
    Caste: Slayer Caste Green Sun Prince

Attributes
    Strength 5
    Dexterity 5
    Stamina 9

Charisma 3
    Manipulation 2
    Appearance 2

Perception 2
    Intelligence 2
    Wits 5

Abilities
    Melee 5 (Cosmic Energy Blasts +3)
    Integrity 5
    Resistance 5
    Athletics 5
    Awareness 5 (Join Battle +3)
    Dodge 5

Backgrounds and Equipment
    Artifact 5 (Tainted Starmetal Celestial Battle Armor, WotLA pg88)
    Artifact 4 (Green Iron Heart, Infernals pg196)
    Demonic Familiar 3 (Perronelle, RoGD2 pg 85)
    Hearthstone 4 (Gem of Adamant Skin, Core pg382) [Socketed in CBA]
    Infamy 3 (Stone of the Solipsist, BWC pg5) [Feeding Power to CBA]

Charms
    Malfeas
    Hardened Devil Body x5
    By Pain Reforged
    Purity of Madness Defense
    Scar-Writ Saga Shield x2
    Insignificant Embers Intuition
    Green Sun Nimbus Flare
    By Agony Empowered
    Cold-Fire Desolation Brand
    Rebuking Impudent Arms
    Vitriolic Corona Endowment
    Star-Piercing Spear of Glory x2
    Viridian Legend Exoskeleton x2
    By Rage Recast
    Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai
    Blight Internalization Transcendence
    Wrath-Stoked Bonfire Soul

Kimbery
    Intolerable Burning Truths (Hate Springs Eternal)
    All Things Betray

Combat Stats
    Join Battle 15 (Wits 5 + Awareness 5 + Specialty 3 + CBA Visor 2)

Attacks:
    Star Piercing Spear of Glory
    Speed 5
    Accuracy 15 (Dex 5 + Melee 5 + Specialty 3 + Accuracy 2)
    Damage 12L (Base 5 + Str 5 + CBA 2)
    Rate 5
    Overwhelming 2
    Lance, Reach, Thrust
    Range: 20 yards

Dodge DV: 7 (Dex 5 + Dodge 5 + Essence 4)/2
    Parry DV: 6 (Dex 5 + Melee 5 + CBA Gauntlet 2)/2
    MDDV: 7
    MPDV: 2

Bashing Soak: 44 (CBA +15, natural +13, VLE +10, Armored Hide +4, Perronele +2)
    Lethal Soak: 43 (CBA +15, natural +13, VLE +10, Armored Hide +4, Perronele +1)
    Aggravated Soak: 25 (CBA +15, VLE +10)

Bashing Hardness: 11 (CBA 11)
    Lethal Hardness: 11 (CBA 11)
    Aggravated Hardness: 0

Health Levels:
    -0 x1
    -1 x2
    -2 x17
    -4 x6

Willpower: 5

Other Stuff
    Permanent Essence 4
    Personal Motes 17
    Peripheral Motes 7
    Commitments: Green Iron Heart (8), Celestial Battle Armor (10), Viridian Legend Exoskeleton (17), Blight Internalization Transcendence (1)

Compassion 1
    Conviction 4
    Temperance 2
    Valor 3

Bonus Points/XP Breakdown 147xp
    -14bp Essence +2 (4)
    -2bp Hearthstone +2 (3)
    -1bp Awareness Specialty (Join Battle) +2 (3)
    -1bp Artifact +1 (1)
    -6xp Artifact +2 (5)
    -9xp Artifact +3 (4)
    -3xp Hearthstone +1 (4)
    -8xp Charm: By Agony Empowered
    -8xp Charm: Cold-Fire Desolation Brand
    -8xp Charm: Rebuking Impudent Arms
    -8xp Charm: Vitriolic Corona Endowment
    -16xp Charm: Star-Piercing Spear of Glory x2
    -8xp Charm: Scar Writ Saga Shield x1 (2)
    -16xp Charm: Viridian Legend Exoskeleton x2
    -8xp Charm: By Rage Recast
    -8xp Charm: Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai
    -8xp Charm: Intolerable Burning Truths (Hate Springs Eternal)
    -8xp Charm: All Things Betray
    -8xp Charm: Blight Internalization Transcendence
    -9xp Demonic Familiar +3 (Perronele, RoGD2 pg 85)
    -8xp Charm: Wrath-Stoked Bonfire Soul

Notes
    *Celestial Battle Armor has the Enhanced Healing, Enhanced Durability, and Spirit Bane features.
    *The mutation pool generated by By Rage Recast has 40 points of mutations contained within. These mutations are: Gargantuan x4, Multiple Arms x2, Armored Hide

More or less. I've been informed that a Perronele's passive +1L/+2B soak bonus no longer works? Would anyone like to verify that? No point in spending 9xp on it if that's the case.

Also, changing out the Gem of Adamant Skin due to accusations of brokenness. Although, I do wonder why its never been errata'd if it's really that stupidly overpowered. I wouldn't know, having never actually used it in a fight before.

But, still, if those are the case, I may have another 3 charm purchases to play with. Hmmm... maybe an active defense charm...
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-03-20 at 10:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Barbarian in the Playground

Blessing of the Intransigent Hippo

Once upon a time, a perfectly harmless and innocent Raksha was chased through Creation by a band of foul, malicious Dragon-bloods who accused it of horrible crimes and terrible misdeeds. Nowhere was it granted a moment's rest, never was it allowed a comfortable meal, nothing was it allowed to take for a moment's respite.

At last, overcome by despair, the Fair Folk sought refuge in a stream, and melted into the water. When the evil Dragon-bloods came upon the stream, they knew at once that their helpless prey was hiding nearby, and stepped into the current. They burned the rushes, that the Raksha might not hide among them. They lifted the stones, that the Raksha might not hide beneath them. They sifted the waters, that the Raksha might not hide within them.

But the Fair Folk eluded their notice still. So the cruel Dragon-bloods turned their attention to those living in the river. The first one they saw was the mighty River Dragon, snacking on fish, eels, and fishermen. "Move aside," demanded the vicious Dragon-bloods, "That we might poke and prod you to ensure you do not hide the innocent Raksha, for it is our enemy." The River Dragon gazed hungrily at the evil Dragon-bloods, hissed "Yessss," and submitted to their indignities, for it is a fearful beast.

Then the lustful Dragon-bloods saw the feeble fishermen, feeding the River Dragon, the leeches, and themselves. "Move aside," demanded the salacious Dragon-bloods, "That we might poke and prod you to ensure that you do not hide the innocent Raksha, for it is our enemy." The fishermen gazed fearfully at the evil Dragon-bloods, stuttered "Yes," and submitted to their indignities, they they are thoughtless beasts.

Then the awful Dragon-bloods saw the Intransigent Hippo, dining on weeds and rooting about for the burnt rushes. "Move aside," demanded the fearsome Dragon-bloods, "That we might poke and prod you to ensure you do not hide the innocent Raksha, for it is our enemy." The Intransigent Hippo gazed lazily at the evil Dragon-bloods, remained where it stood, and belched "No," for it is a noble beast.

The evil Dragon-bloods stared at the Intrasigent Hippo, shocked. Never before had anything dared stand up to them. Mumbling and bumbling, they gathered their scattered wits and declared "Then we shall move you, and it will be the worse for you."

Slogging through the mud where the waters had once flowed, they grabbed the Intransigent Hippo by each leg, and by the neck, and tried to lift it. But the Intransigent Hippo would not be moved, and savaged them repeatedly, tossing them into the muck and mangling their arms when they came close.

Battered and in despair, the evil Dragon-bloods fell back. "We will call upon the Bronze Advisor, and he will move you," said the last of the cowardly Dragon-bloods. Satisfied that he had found a somewhat less trampled patch of greens, the Instransigent Hippo ignored them and gulped energetically.

To find the perilous Bronze Advisor, the craven Dragon-bloods traveled many days and many nights, and pleaded long and deceptively, claiming the innocent Raksha had performed atrocities greater than any of its kind. Because he was akin to his servile students, the corrupt Bronze Advisor set forth to conquer the Intransigent Hippo, walking for five days and nights, such was his speed.

"Move aside, oh Intransigent Hippo," spoke the deadly Bronze Advisor, "Lest I bring to bear upon you the full might of the Stars, and my incomparable martial techniques. My fists have broken gods, my feet have climbed on webs of light, my body is one with all the elements." As he spoke, essence flared around him, filling him and overflowing to shake the earth.

The Intransigent Hippo blinked before the light show, spat a gobbet of half digested glop into the careless Bronze Advisor's face, and grunted "No," for it is a noble beast.

The deceitful Bronze Advisor punched and tugged, dragged and dodged, garbing himself in mud as the unsettled stones slipped under his feet. He glowed brighter and brighter, calling upon the Intransigent Hippo to obey his demands as an agent of all the gods and Fate itself. The Intransigent Hippo snuffled around his legs, idly scratching himself against the upset rocks.

"Very well, oh Intransigent Hippo," snarled the bumbling Bronze Advisor, "I shall call upon one who is greater than myself, who conquered Creation and defeated every foe but one. It shall cost me much, but you will fall before the Golden Dawn."

The Intransigent Hippo opened an eye, wondering why the tiresome Bronze Advisor was still there, and went back to sleep.

It took more than a thousand years of plotting and planning, but finally the vain Bronze Advisor woke the foolish Golden Dawn, taught him what little he needed to know, and sent him forth to deal with the Intransigent Hippo.

"Intransigent Hippo, you shall move, for I am the Golden Dawn and my word is Law. If you disagree, you will find that my fist and my strength are even more the Law than my word is." The Intransigent Hippo snorted awake and pondered the weird glowing thing, bedecked in orihalcum jewelry and tacky essence display. At the sight, something deep within the Intransigent Hippo moved.

Overjoyed at his imminent success, the dim witted Golden Dawn rushed forth to embrace his new servant - or so he assumed. When he was just behind the Intransigent Hippo, the movement ended, and a torrent of digested mold and leaves was let loose, burbling "No."

Reeling, the pungent Golden Dawn sought release, but the river was mostly mud and the grasses had died long ago from the twisted Bronze Advisor's ill wishes. When he finally recovered what few wits he had, the slimy Golden Dawn charged the Intransigent Hippo and yanked.

The Intransigent Hippo, feeling a pressure unlike anything he'd met before, did what hippos do best, and remained in place. Essence burst out and shredded what remained of the landscape, while the very fabric of Creation shook. And still, the Intransigent Hippo stayed put. Howling in outrage, the maddened Golden Dawn sought an ultimate solution, pushing himself beyond his limits and made one final attempt.

The Intransigent Hippo lifted his left rear leg.

Glorying in his success, the ravening Golden Dawn pressed on, flaring brighter than the Sun itself.

The Intransigent Hippo released the river water he'd held, and put his leg back down.

Stories say that afterward, the Golden Dawn went on to rescue a dozen princesses and create his own kingdom far away in the Wyld where there were no hippos, Intransigent or otherwise.

In memory of the Intransigent Hippo's kindness, the innocent Raksha created the Blessing, which confers all its strength and wisdom unto any hippo in need.

4-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Living Kingdom - the Blessing will affect every hippo in the kingdom, hence the nervous Golden Dawn's strictures.
    Subversion and Transformation Artifice - when anyone tries to clinch a hippo under the Blessing, it grows larger, gaining the Giant mutation. If this is not enough, the Hippo then gains Enlightened Essence and more copies of Giant, as well as secondary mutations to help in clinches.
    World Angering Hippo Mastery - anyone trying to clinch a Blessed hippo gains fairly major penalties to the attempt.
    King of Hippos Method - Blessed hippos gain bonus dice in clinches.

Sometimes, a particularly Blessed hippo may face opposition like that met by the Intransigent Hippo Himself. In this case, the innocent Raksha maintaining the Blessing may add to it, further enhancing the Enlightened Hippo.

1-dot Behemoth
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - the enhanced Blessing becomes an intrinsic part of the fortunate Enlightened Hippo.
    Armament of Flesh - the Enlightened Hippo's clinch abilities are enhanced.
    Surpassing Excellence - and gain another 2 dice in clinches this way.
    Elusive Object of Desire - but mostly with this, which can give the Enlightened Hippo up to 10 (5 without shenanigans) automatic successes to get out of clinches. Or more, if an Unshaped happens to be interested in the Enlightened Hippo.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoilered for awesome, lest the unworthy lose their minds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post

Once upon a time, a perfectly harmless and innocent Raksha was chased through Creation by a band of foul, malicious Dragon-bloods who accused it of horrible crimes and terrible misdeeds. Nowhere was it granted a moment's rest, never was it allowed a comfortable meal, nothing was it allowed to take for a moment's respite.

At last, overcome by despair, the Fair Folk sought refuge in a stream, and melted into the water. When the evil Dragon-bloods came upon the stream, they knew at once that their helpless prey was hiding nearby, and stepped into the current. They burned the rushes, that the Raksha might not hide among them. They lifted the stones, that the Raksha might not hide beneath them. They sifted the waters, that the Raksha might not hide within them.

But the Fair Folk eluded their notice still. So the cruel Dragon-bloods turned their attention to those living in the river. The first one they saw was the mighty River Dragon, snacking on fish, eels, and fishermen. "Move aside," demanded the vicious Dragon-bloods, "That we might poke and prod you to ensure you do not hide the innocent Raksha, for it is our enemy." The River Dragon gazed hungrily at the evil Dragon-bloods, hissed "Yessss," and submitted to their indignities, for it is a fearful beast.

Then the lustful Dragon-bloods saw the feeble fishermen, feeding the River Dragon, the leeches, and themselves. "Move aside," demanded the salacious Dragon-bloods, "That we might poke and prod you to ensure that you do not hide the innocent Raksha, for it is our enemy." The fishermen gazed fearfully at the evil Dragon-bloods, stuttered "Yes," and submitted to their indignities, they they are thoughtless beasts.

Then the awful Dragon-bloods saw the Intransigent Hippo, dining on weeds and rooting about for the burnt rushes. "Move aside," demanded the fearsome Dragon-bloods, "That we might poke and prod you to ensure you do not hide the innocent Raksha, for it is our enemy." The Intransigent Hippo gazed lazily at the evil Dragon-bloods, remained where it stood, and belched "No," for it is a noble beast.

The evil Dragon-bloods stared at the Intrasigent Hippo, shocked. Never before had anything dared stand up to them. Mumbling and bumbling, they gathered their scattered wits and declared "Then we shall move you, and it will be the worse for you."

Slogging through the mud where the waters had once flowed, they grabbed the Intransigent Hippo by each leg, and by the neck, and tried to lift it. But the Intransigent Hippo would not be moved, and savaged them repeatedly, tossing them into the muck and mangling their arms when they came close.

Battered and in despair, the evil Dragon-bloods fell back. "We will call upon the Bronze Advisor, and he will move you," said the last of the cowardly Dragon-bloods. Satisfied that he had found a somewhat less trampled patch of greens, the Instransigent Hippo ignored them and gulped energetically.

To find the perilous Bronze Advisor, the craven Dragon-bloods traveled many days and many nights, and pleaded long and deceptively, claiming the innocent Raksha had performed atrocities greater than any of its kind. Because he was akin to his servile students, the corrupt Bronze Advisor set forth to conquer the Intransigent Hippo, walking for five days and nights, such was his speed.

"Move aside, oh Intransigent Hippo," spoke the deadly Bronze Advisor, "Lest I bring to bear upon you the full might of the Stars, and my incomparable martial techniques. My fists have broken gods, my feet have climbed on webs of light, my body is one with all the elements." As he spoke, essence flared around him, filling him and overflowing to shake the earth.

The Intransigent Hippo blinked before the light show, spat a gobbet of half digested glop into the careless Bronze Advisor's face, and grunted "No," for it is a noble beast.

The deceitful Bronze Advisor punched and tugged, dragged and dodged, garbing himself in mud as the unsettled stones slipped under his feet. He glowed brighter and brighter, calling upon the Intransigent Hippo to obey his demands as an agent of all the gods and Fate itself. The Intransigent Hippo snuffled around his legs, idly scratching himself against the upset rocks.

"Very well, oh Intransigent Hippo," snarled the bumbling Bronze Advisor, "I shall call upon one who is greater than myself, who conquered Creation and defeated every foe but one. It shall cost me much, but you will fall before the Golden Dawn."

The Intransigent Hippo opened an eye, wondering why the tiresome Bronze Advisor was still there, and went back to sleep.

It took more than a thousand years of plotting and planning, but finally the vain Bronze Advisor woke the foolish Golden Dawn, taught him what little he needed to know, and sent him forth to deal with the Intransigent Hippo.

"Intransigent Hippo, you shall move, for I am the Golden Dawn and my word is Law. If you disagree, you will find that my fist and my strength are even more the Law than my word is." The Intransigent Hippo snorted awake and pondered the weird glowing thing, bedecked in orihalcum jewelry and tacky essence display. At the sight, something deep within the Intransigent Hippo moved.

Overjoyed at his imminent success, the dim witted Golden Dawn rushed forth to embrace his new servant - or so he assumed. When he was just behind the Intransigent Hippo, the movement ended, and a torrent of digested mold and leaves was let loose, burbling "No."

Reeling, the pungent Golden Dawn sought release, but the river was mostly mud and the grasses had died long ago from the twisted Bronze Advisor's ill wishes. When he finally recovered what few wits he had, the slimy Golden Dawn charged the Intransigent Hippo and yanked.

The Intransigent Hippo, feeling a pressure unlike anything he'd met before, did what hippos do best, and remained in place. Essence burst out and shredded what remained of the landscape, while the very fabric of Creation shook. And still, the Intransigent Hippo stayed put. Howling in outrage, the maddened Golden Dawn sought an ultimate solution, pushing himself beyond his limits and made one final attempt.

Glorying in his success, the ravening Golden Dawn pressed on, flaring brighter than the Sun itself.

The Intransigent Hippo released the river water he'd held, and put his leg back down.

Stories say that afterward, the Golden Dawn went on to rescue a dozen princesses and create his own kingdom far away in the Wyld where there were no hippos, Intransigent or otherwise.

In memory of the Intransigent Hippo's kindness, the innocent Raksha created the Blessing, which confers all its strength and wisdom unto any hippo in need.

4-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Living Kingdom - the Blessing will affect every hippo in the kingdom, hence the nervous Golden Dawn's strictures.
    Subversion and Transformation Artifice - when anyone tries to clinch a hippo under the Blessing, it grows larger, gaining the Giant mutation. If this is not enough, the Hippo then gains Enlightened Essence and more copies of Giant, as well as secondary mutations to help in clinches.
    World Angering Hippo Mastery - anyone trying to clinch a Blessed hippo gains fairly major penalties to the attempt.

Sometimes, a particularly Blessed hippo may face opposition like that met by the Intransigent Hippo Himself. In this case, the innocent Raksha maintaining the Blessing may add to it, further enhancing the Enlightened Hippo.

1-dot Behemoth
    Assumption of the Person's Heart - the enhanced Blessing becomes an intrinsic part of the fortunate Enlightened Hippo.
    Elusive Object of Desire - but mostly with this, which can give the Enlightened Hippo up to 10 (5 without shenanigans) automatic successes to get out of clinches. Or more, if an Unshaped happens to be interested in the Enlightened Hippo.

And now I want to play a lunar with a hippo as a spirit shape. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2012-03-20 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Did you really need to quote the whole thing? >.>

I'd love to see the results of Solar McSword vs Slayer McSoak.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, PLEASE put some spoiler tags in or around that quote.
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    only such an obscene amount could juggle a hippo.

~
    ...some people juggle geese hippos!

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

4-dot Oneiromancy

1-dot Behemoth
    Meschlum is best fae. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Banned

Green Iron Heart? For shame, Xefas, for shame.

~

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xefas:

Also, changing out the Gem of Adamant Skin due to accusations of brokenness. Although, I do wonder why its never been errata'd if it's really that stupidly overpowered. I wouldn't know, having never actually used it in a fight before.
    It is overpowered combined with right charms. Malfeas soak for example.

Also:
    Join Battle 17 (Wits 5 + Awareness 5 + Specialty 5 + CBA Visor 2)
    Five Specialty ??
    Last edited by Madwand; 2012-03-20 at 10:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post
    Xefas:

It is overpowered combined with right charms. Mealfas soak for example.

Also:

Five Specialty ??
    Is Mealfas the aspect of Malfeas that likes to cook?

After an unnamed Solar developed Orichalcum Chef Style, he was reborn as a Slayer and created the Brass Food-Artisan Style. A dance of blades, ingredients, and spoons, this style emulates the Malfean ideals of beauty and fury. The cancerous blessing of Mealfas was necessary for the creation of this style.

~

10. - Top - End - #1090

*Avoidance Kata on mistakes*
    Last edited by Madwand; 2012-03-20 at 10:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madwand View Post
    Five Specialty ??
    Whoops, good catch. Thanks.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

So, if abyssals give up on killing creation and go just be awesome god kings of the dead, how good are they at that? How much resonance do they accrue doing (basically) what most of the deathlords have been doing: namely paying lipservice to oblivion while building up a personal power base for fun and profit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

13. - Top - End - #1093

If you want to avoid exploding from Resonance, I'd advise Faithful Killer's Reprieve.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

14. - Top - End - #1094

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Whoops, good catch. Thanks.
    Sooooo, you ready to get started?

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    So, if abyssals give up on killing creation and go just be awesome god kings of the dead, how good are they at that?
    Decent as written, but they should be pretty awesome at it. They need more material for that direction, though. See stuff like Pomegranates Full and Fine and Keeper of the Old Laws for a good starting place.

How much resonance do they accrue doing (basically) what most of the deathlords have been doing: namely paying lipservice to oblivion while building up a personal power base for fun and profit.
    Pretty good? I mean, the Neverborn aren't exactly demanding daily progress reports. As long as you totally profess to hate kittens (living ones, skeletal kittens are a-ok), you can quietly maneuver your ghost army to make sure it's out of the way of a Lunar's kitten farm.

Dark Fate needs an overhaul, though.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2012-03-21 at 03:24 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

I now want a Lunar with a kitten farm.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I now want a Lunar with a kitten farm.
    I'm sure we can expect a meschlum post soon...
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Decent as written, but they should be pretty awesome at it. They need more material for that direction, though. See stuff like Pomegranates Full and Fine and Keeper of the Old Laws for a good starting place.

Pretty good? I mean, the Neverborn aren't exactly demanding daily progress reports. As long as you totally profess to hate kittens (living ones, skeletal kittens are a-ok), you can quietly maneuver your ghost army to make sure it's out of the way of a Lunar's kitten farm.

Dark Fate needs an overhaul, though.
    On Dark Fate:
    A quick fix is to double the intervals between resonance consequences- a 1 resoburst becomes a 1-2 resoburst, a 2 resoburst becomes a 3-4 resoburst and so on and so forth, so what is a 5 resoburst in the current system, would be a 9-10 resoburst in the quick fix version

I personally also get rid of Sins of Death, but thats optional.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mistress Monday's Purr-fect Plot

Somewhere in Creation, there is a nice little out of the way plot of land with a large house beside it. Intruders have a hard time finding it - in fact, the only sure way to locate it, if it even exists, is by helping a kitten then following it home. After wandering for a while, a prospective visitor will reach a well made gate in an otherwise unremarkable fence, lift the latch, and walk in behind the guiding kitten.

The Plot itself has three sections which are carefully rotated. The most obvious is full of tall plants, usually five or six feet high, covered in kittens of all kinds. A careful observer will note that the younger kittens are attached the plants by thin vines, while no cats trouble themselves to lurk among the green and dappled shadows.

By contrast, the second section is completely clear, except for occasional farmer hard at work tilling the land and planting seeds in the furrows. A few of those toiling away have oddly shaped eyes or remarkable whiskers, but most appear to be quite ordinary.

The last seems the most ordinary, covered with middling sized growth, an obvious step between the other two fields. Yet the fruits that grow have irregular shapes, almost like pouches. In fact, one could imagine that they are actually partly formed kittens, pawing their way into existence.

Should anyone be so foolish as to pluck an unripe kitten, or otherwise interfere with the workings of the Plot, Mistress Monday is quite capable of delivering suitable punishment - service in the fields is often required for minor infractions, while those who anger her become fertilizer instead. Anyone who dares harm one of the kittens will still be alive while the latter punishment is applied.

Once a kitten is almost fully grown, it wanders away from the Plot and goes into Mistress Monday's house. The exact number of cats contained within the house is not known, and some fear it is not knowable. Still, those who choose to leave its comforts are remarkable specimens, and many of Creation's legends about wise and deadly felines are mere distortions of the true deeds performed by Mistress Monday's cats.

Whether these are part of some greater plot spanning the centuries, only they know.

Purr.

1-dot Chancel

Reached by walking in through the gate while following a kitten, of course. The use of a Chancel is optional, but makes it much easier to create a near infinite number of cats, so it's somewhat convenient.

Ordinary cats are created via Awakened Dream Manufacture, Shape Forged Servant, or simply having the fields be (Raksha) Perfect Gossamer Genesis tools.

2-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Land's Heart - the whole Plot is affected by Mistress Monday's commands.
    Sardine Transformation - anyone who goes against Mistress Monday's strictures, or harms a kitten, becomes a tasty sardine. This may not be immediately lethal, more's the pity.
    Ordinary Object Conjuration - the growths in the Plot secrete a form of purified catnip, which works like Age Staving Cordial, ensuring that kittens remain so almost indefinitely.
    Waypoint Knife - leaving, or entering, the Plot is a significant challenge.

1-dot Adjuration
    Assumption of Cat Form - any suitably precocious kitten, or suitable mortal visitor, can be enlightened and granted feline features. A cat-like tread is highly recommended.
    Assumption of Dreams and Passion - those favored by Mistress Monday are always, always, always exactly where they are supposed to be.

2-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the Land's Heart - sometimes, the Plot leaves what the foolish describe as the Wyld, and plants itself within Creation.
    Subversion and Transformation Artifice - by virtue of a truly insane number of mutation points, ordinary animals coming near the Plot become kittens.
    Behemoth Forging Meditation - mortals count as part of the wildlife that will be converted to kittens, as far as Mistress Monday is concerned.
    Adored by All the World - if there are no critters to turn into kittens, they will be made anyway, is Mistress Monday's decree.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone have advice on balancing an essence 3 alchemical combat charm that I wish to be unblockable (not undodgeable), and deal either lethal damage or a knockback effect similar to heaven thunder hammer? I'm trying to figure out the mote cost per attack and the amount of damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

20. - Top - End - #1100

RedWizardGuy

I've done a little more work on the Oramus charmset. Here's a "root" charm, with no prerequisite. I'm still a little shaky on the mechanics, so I'd be interested in any feedback, particularly on whether the Type and Keywords are appropriate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confinement Redefinition Stance
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 2 Type: Simple
    Keywords: Shaping, Sorcerous
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None

Oramus both defines and surpasses all boundaries, even the most mundane. This charm allows the warlock to escape from any confinement or restraint. After standing completely still for five minutes the warlock defines the confinement out of existence, as a shaping effect. Handcuffs, ropes, prison cells and confining walls that enclosed the warlock become magically permeable and escapable without effort, although unchanged in appearance.

This effect is permanent and also applies to magical materials. After the warlock slips out of an apparently intact prison cell, any subsequent prisoner can do so just as easily, and the cell must be demolished and rebuilt to hold anyone. Appropriate countermagic can also return the confinement to normal.

The imprisoners of Oramus knew of this charm, and feared that he could not only effortlessly escape Malfeas and the Endless Desert, but allow all Yozis to do so. The charm does not function on any restraint made from the warlock’s own body, which allowed Oramus to be imprisoned within his own wings.

The confinement must restrict the warlock’s movement, so any barrier keeping him out of an enclosed space is not a valid target, but any shackle connecting him to a heavy weight or person is. This charm may not be used to break clinches.

A repurchase at Essence 3+ extends the effects to any barrier, allowing him to break into as well as out of any space. A repurchase at Essence 6+ makes the effect permanent and inherent, not counting as charm use and able to be used while moving. The warlock simply moves where he wishes, rendering any barrier permanently intangible as he penetrates it.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth3 View Post
    I've done a little more work on the Oramus charmset. Here's a "root" charm, with no prerequisite. I'm still a little shaky on the mechanics, so I'd be interested in any feedback, particularly on whether the Type and Keywords are appropriate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Confinement Redefinition Stance
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 2 Type: Simple
    Keywords: Shaping, Sorcerous
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None

Oramus both defines and surpasses all boundaries, even the most mundane. This charm allows the warlock to escape from any confinement or restraint. After standing completely still for five minutes the warlock defines the confinement out of existence, as a shaping effect. Handcuffs, ropes, prison cells and confining walls that enclosed the warlock become magically permeable and escapable without effort, although unchanged in appearance.

This effect is permanent and also applies to magical materials. After the warlock slips out of an apparently intact prison cell, any subsequent prisoner can do so just as easily, and the cell must be demolished and rebuilt to hold anyone. Appropriate countermagic can also return the confinement to normal.

The imprisoners of Oramus knew of this charm, and feared that he could not only effortlessly escape Malfeas and the Endless Desert, but allow all Yozis to do so. The charm does not function on any restraint made from the warlock’s own body, which allowed Oramus to be imprisoned within his own wings.

The confinement must restrict the warlock’s movement, so any barrier keeping him out of an enclosed space is not a valid target, but any shackle connecting him to a heavy weight or person is. This charm may not be used to break clinches.

A repurchase at Essence 3+ extends the effects to any barrier, allowing him to break into as well as out of any space. A repurchase at Essence 6+ makes the effect permanent and inherent, not counting as charm use and able to be used while moving. The warlock simply moves where he wishes, rendering any barrier permanently intangible as he penetrates it.
    Interesting idea, but it needs a better flaw than 'my own body'
    Perhaps Oramus has a permanent shaping defense which happens to prevent this charm, because he can't be defined properly? Or the charm automatically fails against people with a shaping defense even if they don't use it? That sort of thing.
    Show
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.

22. - Top - End - #1102

RedWizardGuy

The "his own body" part probably won't come up very often, granted. Although you could shave the Infernal's hair off and weave a rope out of it. But it fits the description of Oramus and there's another flaw if you really want to imprison someone. Just give them a hard shove every four minutes.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ogre in the Playground

The "his own body" part probably won't come up very often, granted. Although you could shave the Infernal's hair off and weave a rope out of it. But it fits the description of Oramus and there's another flaw if you really want to imprison someone. Just give them a hard shove every four minutes.
    Can't just shove Oramus; his version is E6+ after all, so he can just move as he wishes without spending time.
    And I don't mean that it doesn't come up often enough, I mean that it's insufficiently thematic and interesting. Oramus doesn't bind himself just because his wings are in the way, he is actually incapable of being shaped into a form that would allow his escape, by himself or anyone else. (Exceptions for Exalted doing impossible things, because that does sometimes happen.)
    His own body happens to have the qualities capable of binding Oramus, but it's not just because it's his body but because of what his body is, and should be for the Warlock too.
    If they want to walk around without any shaping defenses, then maybe you should let them escape ropes of their own hair. They've already paid for that privilege in vulnerability.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104

The most glaring and obvious problem is that this is Ebby's Cracked Cell Circumvention, except superior in every possible way.

Other stuff: Sorcerous Charms always have Essence mins of 3+. Shaping is a bit of an odd duck, but appropriate. This Charm lacks limits as to how much or what it can affect. The permanent aspect is both ill-defined and waaaaaaaaay broken. The Essence 6+ repurchase is also broken, and becomes ludicrously overpowered when paired with the Adorjani Charmset.

Also, honestly, "I escape really well" doesn't feel like one of the defining cornerstones of Oramus, to the point of being one his foundational Charms.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Mmkay, Mr Bookworm (and those that want to spectate), our versus thread is over yonder.

Just so I know, Mr Bookworm, I'm assuming we're starting the fight with Indefinite (and similar) duration charms, active. What about scene-long charms? Do you have a preference? Does it make a difference?

edit: My character is the same as before, but I removed the familiar and Gem of Adamant Skin, and put in two purchases of Bitter Heart Unbleeding. I'm thinking without the Gem, I may need a perfect defense.
    edit2: I'm leaving for work soonish, and so probably won't be posting much until tomorrow.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-03-22 at 03:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Just so I know, Mr Bookworm, I'm assuming we're starting the fight with Indefinite (and similar) duration charms, active. What about scene-long charms? Do you have a preference? Does it make a difference?
    I was assuming so, as you already had your scene-longs and such up when you sent me your sheet, so I went ahead and did my stuff.

edit: My character is the same as before, but I removed the familiar and Gem of Adamant Skin, and put in two purchases of Bitter Heart Unbleeding. I'm thinking without the Gem, I may need a perfect defense.
    Just maybe.

edit2: I'm leaving for work soonish, and so probably won't be posting much until tomorrow.
    Go ahead and Join Battle?

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground

I was assuming so, as you already had your scene-longs and such up when you sent me your sheet, so I went ahead and did my stuff.
    I did not. I have my Armored Hide from By Rage Recast, but that's because it's a permanent-until-changed effect at Essence 3+. I'm not sure what else you could be referring to? My stats aren't reflecting, say, my shintai, or anything.

Go ahead and Join Battle?
    Sure

edit: Urgh, my join battle post is about half done, but I gotta head out right now if I'm not gonna be late for work.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2012-03-22 at 03:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

I did not. I have my Armored Hide from By Rage Recast, but that's because it's a permanent-until-changed effect at Essence 3+. I'm not sure what else you could be referring to? My stats aren't reflecting, say, my shintai, or anything.
    Hm. I think I was looking at VLE. You can go ahead and put it up.

Or we can both spend the first five actions standing there screaming at the top of our lungs while our animas flare up and small chips of rock start floating into the air.

On another note, I'm looking at my Parry DV and trying to figure out what the hell I did wrong there.

Oh, yes, and A) Shedding Infinite Radiance doesn't actually do anything, because the Dawn anima power got revised, and B) I can't actually take it, because I don't have RLD.

Let me make some adjustments to my sheet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Righteous Blade
    Caste: Dawn

Motivation: Murder the hell out of Heaven-Banished Brass Deva.

Attributes
    Physical
    Strength ●●●
    Dexterity ●●●●●
    Stamina ●●●

Social
    Charisma ●●●●
    Manipulation ●
    Appearance ●●

Mental
    Perception ●●●
    Intelligence ●
    Wits ●●●●●

Abilities
    Athletics ●●●●●
    Awareness ●●●●● (Noticing Giant Monsters ●)
    Dodge ●●●●●
    Integrity ●●●
    Melee ●●●●● (That's Not A Sword, This Is A Sword ●●●)
    Resistance ●●●●●

Backgrounds

The Sharpened Mountain (Orichalcum Grand Daiklave, Artifact 3)
    Immortal Hope (Orichalcum Superheavy Plate, Artifact 3)
    The Freedom Stone (Manse 3, set in daiklave)
    Jewel of the Flying Heart (Manse 1, set in daiklave)

Artifacts and Equipment

The Sharpened Mountain: Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage +11L/4, Defense +3, Rate 2, Tags: 2, O, R

Immortal Hope: Soak +17L/+17B, Hardness 11L/11B Mobility -2, Fatigue 2

Attacks

The Sharpened Mountain
    Speed 5; Accuracy 27 (Dex 5 + Melee 5 + Specialty 3 + Accuracy 3 + Hearthstone 1 + Excellency 10); Damage 9L/4+5 autosux, damage applied twice; Rate 2

Charms
    Melee
    First Melee Excellency
    Infinite Melee Mastery
    Dipping Swallow Defense
    Bulwark Stance
    Fivefold Bulwark Stance
    Protection of Celestial Bliss
    Heavenly Guardian Defense (Valor flaw)
    One Weapon, Two Blows
    Flashing Edge of Dawn
    Call the Blade
    Peony Blossom Attack
    Iron Whirlwind Attack
    Invincible Fury of the Dawn
    Hungry Tiger Technique
    Fire and Stones Strike
    Immortal Blade Triumphant
    Final Sunset Stance
    Dawn's Parable Defense
    Perfect Blade Aegis
    Blade Lair Discipline
    Inexorable Swordsman Spirit
    Guardian Sunfire Catechism

Join Combat: 11

Defenses:
    Dodge DV - 8
    Parry DV - 15

Soak: 19L/20B
    Hardness: 11L/11B

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ][ ]
    -2 [ ][ ]
    -4 [ ]
    -X [ ]

Virtues
    Compassion ●●
    Conviction ●●
    Temperance ●●
    Valor ●●●●●

Willpower: 8/10

Essence:
    Permanent: ●●●●●
    Personal: 19/25
    Peripheral: 0/56 (62 Committed)

Active Effects and Permanent Charms
    Infinite Melee Mastery (10 free dice)
    Fivefold Bulwark Stance (No onslaught penalties)
    Protection of Celestial Bliss (No DV penalties from attack, +2 Defense, 3 free perfect parries/discharge when all used)
    Flashing Edge of Dawn (Damage dealt twice upon hit)
    Immortal Blade Triumphant (No disarming, 5 damage dice converted to autosux, +5 to Parry DV, add stunt/virtue dice to damage, discharge to add 5 autosux to damage and bypass Hardness/Soak)
    Perfect Blade Aegis (+2 to Parry DV, counts as Charm-added dice)
    Blade Lair Discipline (-1 external penalty on all attacks made on me)
    Inexorable Swordsman Spirit (-2 to opponent's DVs on attack)
    Dawn anima (+2 to DV, immune to fear, opponents suffer -1 external penalty on attacks)

Freedom Stone (Immune to grappling)
    Jewel of the Flying Heart (+1 Dodge DV, +1 to Melee attacks)

Bonus Points: 0/18

Essence +1 (7)
    Willpower +5 (5)
    Artifact 3 (3)
    Peony Blossom Attack (3)

XP 0/150

Essence 4 (24 XP)
    Essence 5 (32 XP)
    Hungry Tiger Technique (8 XP)
    Fire and Stones Strike (8 XP)
    Invincible Fury of the Dawn (8 XP)
    Immortal Blade Triumphant (8 XP)
    Iron Whirlwind Attack (8 XP)
    Final Sunset Stance (8 XP)
    Dawn's Parable Defense (8 XP)
    Perfect Blade Aegis (8 XP)
    Blade Lair Discipline (8 XP)
    Inexorable Swordsman Spirit (8 XP)
    Guardian Sunfire Catechism (8 XP)
    Shedding Infinite Radiance (8 XP)
    Conviction 2 (3 XP)
    Temperance 2 (3 XP)

29. - Top - End - #1109

RedWizardGuy

The most glaring and obvious problem is that this is Ebby's Cracked Cell Circumvention, except superior in every possible way.

Other stuff: Sorcerous Charms always have Essence mins of 3+. Shaping is a bit of an odd duck, but appropriate. This Charm lacks limits as to how much or what it can affect. The permanent aspect is both ill-defined and waaaaaaaaay broken. The Essence 6+ repurchase is also broken, and becomes ludicrously overpowered when paired with the Adorjani Charmset.

Also, honestly, "I escape really well" doesn't feel like one of the defining cornerstones of Oramus, to the point of being one his foundational Charms.
    The comparison with CCC is a good point, but this is actually a conflict that comes from the fluff. One of the most basic characteristics of Oramus is that he's a prisoner that needed special precautions to stop him escaping. So his charmset needs an escape charm, and it has to be better than the Ebon Dragon's, who needed no such precautions.

That said, you're right about the Sorcerous keyword, which is really needed if you want the permanent effect, which is there to add some flavour and make it less convenient. You could easily imagine a situation where you'd like to break out of a prison without making your cell and the prison wall permanently useless.

So, maybe what's needed is a "random shaping" charm. It turns handcuffs into irregular masses of iron and prison walls into shapeless rubble. Put the same five minute requirement on it to stop combat applications. It roughly fits Oramus' themes and allows easy escape, while being different enough from CCC to be interesting.

30. - Top - End - #1110

The comparison with CCC is a good point, but this is actually a conflict that comes from the fluff. One of the most basic characteristics of Oramus is that he's a prisoner that needed special precautions to stop him escaping.
    Yes, because Oramus is weird. If the Ebon Dragon is Harry Houdini, picking locks and twisting out of bonds, then Oramus is a literal wizard, turning into a puff of smoke and just slipping through the crack in the box.

They needed special measures to contain him because he can take two steps to the left of our perceived reality and then walk back in.

So his charmset needs an escape charm, and it has to be better than the Ebon Dragon's, who needed no such precautions.
    Abyssals should be better at murder than Solars, so their mirror of One Weapon, Two Blows should kill everything in Creation.

Oramus can do weird things Ebby can't, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's better at escaping than Ebby, it just means he can do weird stuff. It also most definitely doesn't have to be a basic Charm of his. His "I phase through reality" Charm is probably waaaaaaaaay up the tree. Probably in one of his Shintais.