New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread IX: Errata is Combo-Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    HANDS OFF MY KISMESIS
    People, please.

There's enough tonberrian for everybody.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I'm going to be engaging in a bit of...let's say "world-building." I'm not going to make any promises, but I'm going to aim for a full manual of ~200 pages (though the Charm section will take foreeeeever). What would the playground like to see in a new supplement? Take in account that since this is fanmade, I can afford to waggle some of the setting elements that would be untouchable in canon. After watching the Mass Effect fiasco and being fully aware that I frequently fall prey to those sorts of errors, I'm actually considering making the whole project visible to everyone as a Google doc so that I don't accidentally drive the content out into left field. Though at the same time, that'd ruin the wonderful surprise of finding out what the book is about. You'd lose the ability to enjoy the "new car smell," so to speak. Input/interest?

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Firbolg in the Playground

Shogunate!
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

4. - Top - End - #1234

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Does this mean the Charm's cost is now a commitment, and that the Solar can freely create weapons throughout the scene? Or does it really cost 4m each and every time you create a new weapon with it? That seems a little steep to me.
    The former.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

5. - Top - End - #1235

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Shogunate!
    I suppose I was unclear, but that's actually why I said "world-building" in quotes. I know what I'm going to do, but the specifics are still mostly open. Dragonbloods will not be overlooked, however. My apologies for the confusion. And also for being vague, but I don't want to ruin the surprise - I don't want to turn anyone away from the idea without having content to show its worth because quite frankly it sounds silly out of context.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    What would the playground like to see in a new supplement?
    Essence 6-10 Yozi charms. Just 200 pages of them. That should be good.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

well, various versions of other Yozi's cosmic principles might be nice….

Shogunate would be nice too….

but Horrors of the Most Fallen: The Neverborn might be good as well….

surprise me.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Municipal charms.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Can I ask you guys' opinions on how to do a Heretical charm? It's a combination of Loom Snarling Deception and Chirality Prohibition Index which I'm tentatively calling Vale of Shadows.

The basic idea is that it is a sorcerous charm (essence 4 minimum) which conceals a landscape behind illusions and trickery, preventing undesignated individuals from finding it. I'm trying to figure out what sort of barriers it can raise in a balanced way. I'm inspired primarily by the Lost Woods from Legend of Zelda: Only natives can navigate freely, anyone else who makes a wrong turn finds themselves back outside with no memory of how they wound up getting that.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Municipal charms.
    Where's a thank button when you need one?
    Last edited by golentan; 2012-03-28 at 10:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Cage of Open Fields

Sometimes, the Fair Folk wish to establish themselves in Creation without undue interruptions from agents of Fate, meddling Dragonbloods, intruding Lunars, or other annoyances. Most such attempts involve reverting Creation into portions of the Wyld, which inevitably draws forth the same aggravations, no matter how well concealed the Raksha's haven may be.

Hence, the Cage was created, a means by which areas might be warded against intrusion while remaining a full part of Creation. Where it is invoked, the land changes subtly, becoming a twisted labyrinth despite the terrain. Even flat plains are affected, which is where the Cage gains its full name - those who do not belong to the land, or who do not serve the Fair Folk, cannot find their way into its heart.

5-dot Oneiromancy
    Assumption of the City's Heart - the Cage affects a decently large portion of the landscape.
    Mad God Mien - counter magic, like cold iron, does not work against its effects.
    Assumption of Wood Form - the limits of the Cage's effect are marked by persistent growth of wheat and other grasses, forming a massive heptagon if seen from above.
    Fall of Night Shadows the Truth - intruders seeking to travel to the heart of the Cage find they cannot remember the path the follow, and are quickly turned around. Sometimes, this also works in reverse, ensuring that those within the Cage cannot escape. Natives and the servants of the Raksha (as well as their masters) are unaffected.
    Waypoint Knife - besides ensuring that intruders do not remember the way in and out of the zone warded by the Cage, its enchantment forms a barrier that physically prevents intrusion, subtly diverting intruders (or those who would escape) so that their paths never lead them in (or out).

15 committed motes (get a Heroic Commoner Raksha to do it), lasts a hundred years.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    The former.
    Thank you.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

So....

I'm tempted to do Exalted: Hundred Kingdoms War using the CRM rules from MoJ....

Anyone interested? You would have one to three leaders for your organization. Only one of these can be an exalt, and you'll only be able to pick Dragon-Bloods to start. If you choose to have an all mortal team, you'll have a cumulative percent chance (I think starting at 4% and adding 2%) per season for your mortal leader to exalt. If s/he exalts, we'd play through the process.

But I doubt there'd be anyone interested.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    So....

I'm tempted to do Exalted: Hundred Kingdoms War using the CRM rules from MoJ....

Anyone interested? You would have one to three leaders for your organization. Only one of these can be an exalt, and you'll only be able to pick Dragon-Bloods to start. If you choose to have an all mortal team, you'll have a cumulative percent chance (I think starting at 4% and adding 2%) per season for your mortal leader to exalt. If s/he exalts, we'd play through the process.

I have so much interest it hurts...though that could just be indigestion.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I would be ridiculously interested in that, Turalisj

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Dwarf in the Playground

For practice I've been fiddling with a little Exalted short story in comic form; I've only drawn the first page, but it was pretty fun, so I'll keep doing it as long as my inspiration holds up. What do you folks think?
    Spoiler
    Show

also I totally take commissions message me guys!

We surpass the impossible and kick reason in the curb, because that's the way of the Dai Gurren-Dan!
    WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

So....

If anyone can tell me the changes from MoJ, I'll bother to read the rules in the ST'S Companion. Are the Dragon-Blooded charms from the ST's Companion good? I don't have the DB book. Unless the mortal leaders have a chance to become Solars or Lunars instead (it would make sense, as you start off weaker and only get a small chance per year).
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbird View Post
    For practice I've been fiddling with a little Exalted short story in comic form; I've only drawn the first page, but it was pretty fun, so I'll keep doing it as long as my inspiration holds up. What do you folks think?
    'tis delicious. I've always loved the older heavy ink styles. I'd do something about the Lunar/Beastman?'s legs blending into the ground, though. Perhaps enlarging and darkening the shadow on the entire panel, minus the character himself; the lighting looks a bit bright anyway.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

So....

Interested? Me? You must be joking. I couldn't possibly be interested in a little thing like that. You must have confused me with somebody else.

...however, if I were interested, hypothetically, I would be inclined to wonder what your opinion on raksha and spirits and godblooded was.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... my major problem with such a game is that while I like city-building and nation-ruling games, I prefer the focus to remain on the individuals, not necessarily the nations.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    Interested? Me? You must be joking. I couldn't possibly be interested in a little thing like that. You must have confused me with somebody else.

...however, if I were interested, hypothetically, I would be inclined to wonder what your opinion on raksha and spirits and godblooded was.
    Raksha? Hahahahahhahahahha...

I mean *ahem* No f-in way.

Godbloods and spirits possibly, but I wouldn't be allowing merits or flaws because that get's broken fast.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

My other problem is the fact that I have little or no idea on character concepts who are already leaders of countries.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Random Person, to be honest Raksha are inherently non-fitting for such game. Because they are too inhuman to be able interact with mortal style CRM gaming.

And ... introducing Raksha would mean that You are literally enemy of all, every single mortal out there insane to spill Your blood. Or You give ST Your empire plan, ST reads it ... sighs, and lets You destroy Creation.

Jade Dragon
    , Creation Ruling Mandate from MoJ is awesome. It lets You handle strategic combat, empire building and other large endeavors with little difficulty and surprisingly real-feeling. For Exalted, that is.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Orc in the Playground

So....

Are you sure you are on the right plane of existence?

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

Guess there's no interest for the game....

(I wouldn't run it on the Giant forums anyway, this place is too unstable and the place isn't exactly set for running this kind of game)
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Orc in the Playground

Might I suggest Pattern Spider? It is a really nice forum with some cool features. It is dedicated to Exalted games, and it has a pretty good (if small) community. The site is being constantly upgraded too, which is nice.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

The first thing I saw on there was "Is the Ebon Dragon really a Yozi?", that doesn't put the place into a good first impression.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Orc in the Playground

If a single bad thread on a forum...

Well I'm not sure how you are still posting on the internet .

(Besides it isn't even that bad. It consists all of 7 posts and 4 people, and the question is dropped after the first post. I don't care where you run it, but fair is fair.)
    Last edited by Incendius; 2012-03-30 at 08:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

I'm willing to sign up for RPoL if you really don't want to run it here. Myth-weavers would also work.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

This here seems like an amazing and very interesting look at an alternative Unwoven Coadjutor, both as a part of the game and as a background.

It also provides for more reasons to have a 'quiet' Coadjutor than "They don't talk" or "They're Navi, but less useful"

...anyone feel like an Infernals game?
    Last edited by aetherialDawn; 2012-03-30 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

30. - Top - End - #1260

Quote Originally Posted by aetherialDawn View Post
    This here seems like an amazing and very interesting look at an alternative Unwoven Coadjutor, both as a part of the game and as a background.

It also provides for more reasons to have a 'quiet' Coadjutor than "They don't talk" or "They're Navi, but less useful"
    I did like that take much better than the default (in addition to the background doing something other than being a Join Battle enhancer), though I'm not sure how I feel about that interacting with the Charm I made that hollows out your coadjutor and replaces it with a direct telepathic link to your patron's fetich. Then again, it's not like Infernals were ever anything resembling moral.
    Last edited by Gensh; 2012-03-30 at 02:24 PM.