New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Question Paladin Charisma Casting and few other qs

I am sure I saw a feat that allows a paladin to use Cha instead of Wis for spell casting. But I cant find it and I am starting to think that I am mistakaing with something else.

I have replaced my spellcasting with feats (Complete Champion) though I am not sure if its a good idea. The thing is that we started at 1st level and we only meet once a month (I am lvl 4 now) so on the long run having a feat on 4th lvl is better then a single 1st lvl spell.

I would love to see your ideas for a paladin progression, with or without spells. I am focusing on mounted combat with this character so I rather stay pure pala.

thank you for the comments!!! :)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Paladin Charisma Casting and few other qs

Not a fan of spell-less Paladin. I am a fan of asking your DM to make Paladin CHA based casting for a little boost. I'm also a fan of Battle Blessing (the feat).

Edit: Pathfinder Paladin is all CHA based, for example.
    Last edited by hex0; 2012-02-11 at 03:13 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

My DM is a very "by the book" kind of DM, so he won't just alow me to use Cha instead of Wis.

Also I am looking on the short term rather then the long term, because I will be on lvl 4 for a long time (3 - 4 months) so I rather have Divine Might 7 times a day rather then a single 1st lvl spell.

Unless I am missing something here.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The feat Serenity from Dragon Compendium switches the rest of your class features to WIS instead, if you want the other way around.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm a little confused about why you would want to use your Charisma bonus for spellcasting if you gave up spellcasting entirely!

I think Radiant Servant of Pelor makes an excellent spell-casting prestige class for a Paladin. If you don't want that, there's a great Expedition to Castle Ravenloft class (Knight of the Raven?)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I gave it up because on the first lvls feats seems much more powerful then spells. But I just got my 4th lvl so I can still decide to go normal mode paladin. If I will use Cha rather then Wis then I might gain 2 spells rather then 1.. which is much better. My pala is Aasimar so I have a lot of Cha, but I rather have high Con and Str then also invest in Wis for spellcasting.

Edit: We play at the Forgotten Realms.
    Last edited by Newoblivion; 2012-02-11 at 03:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

My DM aloud us to chose 2 disadventeges to gain 2 extra feats at 1st lvl so I thought that with the extra feats from the no-spell pala I will be able to make quite a powerful mounted fighter.

1st lvl: Nymph's Kiss, Power Attack, Mounted Combat

3rd lvl: Ride-by Attack

4th: Divine Might

6th: Spirited Charge

8th: Extra Smite / extra turning (one of them)

9th: Law Divotion

It tooks us a year to get from 1st lvl to 4th. So I hav my build up to 9th lvl for now. This build is focused on a very high dmg charges while mounted.
    Last edited by Newoblivion; 2012-02-11 at 04:21 PM.