New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Half-vampire or Vampire Optimization

So, a game I'd like to join will probably have 2 free LA. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided I'd like to try a half-vampire. I haven't decided on a class, in fact I don't really have a role that I'd go for yet.

Role: I think the party will still need some stealth, it has one possible caster, a Dread Necromancer. Someone wants to play a death knight. It also has a few melee people. Anyway, I'm up for suggestions on a class/role. I don't need a full build. Just the important details.

Possible Stats:

Necropolitan Half-Vampire Air Goblin (Petition to have blood drain last Cha # rounds)
    Gb +4 Dex -2 Str -2 Con
    HV +2 Str +2 Dex +2 Cha
    NP No Con

Necropolitan Half-Vampire Grey Elf(Petition to have blood drain last Cha # rounds)
    GE -2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con +2 Int
    HV +2 Str +2 Dex +2 Cha
    NP No Con

Would it be worth it to go full vampire? If I did, how could I survive as a monster with about 1 class level?

Yes, I know that RAW, the Undead half vampire can't blood drain at all. I'm going to politely ask that it can be based on a different stat. The concept of a half-vampire becoming undead to relate more to his dad amuses me.

So, suggestions?
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-02-12 at 04:19 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Half-vampire Build(Optimization)

I may be completely mistaken, but I recall somewhere that is a monster's abilities are based off of constitution, and they no longer have that stat, it defaults to Charisma. Or, it might have just been a specific instance; and my suggestion is worthless. :) Either way, give it a go.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an inkling about that as well, but I assumed it was just the unholy toughness rules. I'll check the description of the undead type..

Edit:It only says Cha for Concentration.

But if it is true, suggestions?
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-02-12 at 12:11 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you can get the Vampire Lord template. Oh lord...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

lol, that only works on real vampires. Plus I'm looking at levels 7-9ish
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~