New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] MagCave IV: Some Days, You Just Can't Get Rid of a Party

Every evil genius needs a place of relaxation and quiet, a place to horde his stolen loot, a place to scheme and plot. For Magtok, this is the MagCave. Drilled into the side of Mt. Enn, it serves as his base of operations, living quarters, garage, and workplace. It holds damned damsels in distress, places protagonists in perilous predicaments, and is quite likely the fanciest-looking fortress in all of the Nexus. As a matter of fact, it is the fanciest-looking fortress in all of the Nexus. Yes, even better than your lame fortress.

Magtok isn't exactly the most sane or typical of Nexus residents though, and thanks to MagCorp's riches, it definitely shows here. There are rooms and hallways full of terrible monsters and hideous half-breeds concocted through twisted experiments, ginormous statues made in the vain super-villain's image, deathtraps at every corner to keep out unwanted visitors, and enough fancy laser guns, loyal robot minions patrolling everywhere, and rows of cloning tanks perpetuating the cyborg's existence to make even the mightiest of comic book villains jealous. This is Maggy's castle, his mansion, his military headquarters, research laboratory and surveillance station all wrapped up into one sinister package. Beware all ye who enter, for here be Magtoks!

Update: The MagCave is currently hosting a wild party for some reason, and its staff and owner is trying to figure out exactly who started this thing, and how best to make them violently pay for their crime.

Newer Update: Things have slowed down again, and Maggy isn't particularly busy here at all. The Gambling League of Gambling is definitely occupying most of his attention, though.

((Note: The MagCave is a sort of public secret, like Area 41. It's a rather isolated locale, paranoidly watched over and guarded by a quarter-mile of security cameras. It's simple enough to find if one knows where they're going, and nearly impossible to locate if you're looking for "That cave by those mountains somewhere, maybe at the bottom".))
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-02-16 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave IV: Some Days, you Just Can't Get Rid of a Party

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Party Room]

Grace's smile broadens, but she nonetheless steps back after a moment. "Why don't we go sit down? I think I've had enough of dancing for the moment." That, and she thinks she might need something more to drink... or maybe less. She isn't entirely sure what she wants to do.
    Party Room

"Whatever you want."
    She says with a slight smile. Jezebel will let Grace have the room she wants and takes a seat next to her on a barstool next to her, crossing her long legs as she gets herself another serving of absinth.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave IV: Some Days, You Just Can't Get Rid of a Party

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    And passion there shall be. He begins, letting the music guide his feet. The drow has talent and experience, and it shows.

He moves with Feia, their bodies so close. There is passion, a most passionate anger, and Kirk is more than ready to express it in any way he can. Raw emotion compliments skill perfectly.
    Yes Kirk, work it all out.
    This is probably the only chance you'll ever get, with clear permission, isn't it?
    Feia's eyes boring knowing looks straight back to yours.
    Just don't break any limbs.

She follows along perfectly, following his lead flawlessly.
    Whether because she can see what he plans to do beforehand, or if she has some special talent for dancing, does it really matter?

There had been steam to burn (or sweat, maybe more accurately) off and a desire to swing other party-goers into some dancing.
    To both of these goals, this is a success.
    And whenever the song or dance ends, whichever lasts longer, Feia finally pauses, letting out a little breath, yet retaining the same evil grin she's had trained on Kirk the entire dance.

Still strained tight together, she tilts her head ever so faintly and has a faintly approving glint to her eyes, mixing rather interestingly with her superior demeanor.
    Another little breath, while her hair casually rearranges itself.
    "Feel better?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave IV: Some Days, you Just Can't Get Rid of a Party

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Party Room]

"Well...I suppose that'll have to do." Vyrn still sounds hesitant, as is to be expected of him-it's evident that he obviously has a very strong sense of self-preservation. It's not that surprising given what he used to be.

"I should warn you again, though...it's been a very long time since I had such an opportunity. I apologize in advance for any major mistakes on my part." He may or may not be subtly trying to make this sound like a bad idea.
    As time passes, Moon Called seems to be more and more impatient. As soon as Vyrn gives his consent, she is off with him onto the dance floor, depositing her wine glass on the head of a passing magbot.

"It's alright, sir Vyrn," she purrs as she directs his left hand to her waist, "I'll lead until you get back into the swing of things, hm?"

And lead she does. It might be worth wondering where a character like Moon Called learned to ballroom dance, but she is evidently quite skilled at it. Dancing in time to the music, the ice elf guides Vyrn in graceful circles, starting simply at first but moving to more complex moves as she gains confidence.

After a few minutes, though, Moon Called takes a quick glance over at Saurous to see if he's watching, and her steps falter just a beat as she recognizes the girl he's with. Well then, if it wasn't Magtok's mangy pet shecat. Smelly or Molly or Mittens or something like that. What was she doing talking to Saurous? And more importantly, why was Saurous watching the cat instead of Moon Called?

For a moment, just a moment, a look of intense anger and jealous passes over the ice elf's face, before it is swallowed.
    Instead, Moon Called looks up at Vyrn and lifts her arms to wrap them around his neck as they dance. She's pressing up pretty close. "You're an impressive dancer, sir Vyrn..." She says, lowly, before attempting to pull Vyrn's head down and standing up on her tip toes, her red eye half-closing.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

Grace decides she does indeed need another drink, and picks up a refill of punch before joining Jezebel, also taking a stool- they were easier on her tails than chairs, after all. She quietly sits and sips her drink, gathering herself before turning her attention back to Jezebel. "So, um... what are you looking for?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    "Can we start now? I thought wizzards", Yes, she pronounces both z's, "- needed a magic book for this sort of thing?" Elle shrugs it off, whatever. The magician. Wizard. Necromancer. Elf. Probably knows more about this business than she does. "Well. If a party is the worst place to learn, wouldn't that mean that anything I can learn here, I could do much better somewhere else?"

With logic like that, Saurous won't need a miscast spell to kill him! "And I was supposed to be looking for Magtok. Doing both couldn't be all that hard, we can just sit in a corner, and cast magic at the poor prey victims party go-ers." Swish swish goes her tail, "And I'll need a robe. Or a dramatic cloak. Magtok probably has spares."
    Oh holy jegus fudge gawddamn, it's Elly! And she's chatting with Saur!

...Alright Magtok, let's play this cool. No need to make a scene and look like a lovey-dovey idiot in front of all your friends and foes, right? Just keep calm and approach her slowly, kay? Look casual about it, like it's no big deal and that you aren't busy contemplating twelve different ways to make Saurous choke to death on his own brand-new cape. Oh, and please try to stop throwing everyone out of your way as you make your way towards them, would you? It's not exactly polite.

"Oh hey Elly! Good to see you here at this party thing that was totally my idea and didn't just drop in on me unexpected while I was in the middle of conducting extremely unstable turkeyfish research! I see you've found a hideously malformed elf carcass."

He glances at Saurous briefly, making it abundantly clear what he's referring to.

"Could've sworn we had a Magbot around here to dispose of biological waste like that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Though cat-eating oompa-loompas could show up at any time. Reinholdt readies his rifle, just in case. Especially since it'll take time, with only one paw. But in close quarters like this, missing will be hard.

Air Vent

Oompa loompa doomp-adee doo
    I've got a tricky riddle for you
    Oompa loompa doomp-adah dee
    If you are wise you'll listen to me

Who's sneaking round in the vents here with me?
    A cat fat enough to feed a hundred and three?
    Why don't you run back to the sharks, boy?
    Please speak up, there's no need to be coy!

Oompa loompa doomp-adee die!
    No way to surrender, nowhere to hide
    You will make a delicious brew
    For the Oompa Loompa doomp-adee DOO!

With that last note, a bright orange and terrible face lunges at Rein, crashing through a grate above him and intending to slam down against the cat-man with all of its weight.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-07-28 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Party Room]

Grace decides she does indeed need another drink, and picks up a refill of punch before joining Jezebel, also taking a stool- they were easier on her tails than chairs, after all. She quietly sits and sips her drink, gathering herself before turning her attention back to Jezebel. "So, um... what are you looking for?"
    Party Room

Jezebel purses her lips cutely as she thinks for a moment before taking a sip of her drink and smiling. "In life? Joy. For the night? A companion." She says with an obvious glance over Grace, sizing her up.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

By this point, Grace's face is rather obviously red, and she seems a bit awkward, but she manages to keep her voice level and smooth, though she is quieter than normal. "Doe, you're really beautiful and just, well, amazing, but I don't usually... I like to have a bit more investment in my relationships before I go much further. I can't say this isn't tempting, but I just don't know if it is something I want to do." Instead of Jezebel, Grace's eyes are on the drink in front of her.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Party Room

Jezebel offers a slight knowing smile before reaching out to try and give Grace's hand a reassuring squeeze. "I understand." She tells her. "But if you ever decide that you need someone for a night, give me a call."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Party Room]

A sheen of sweat covers his face, and the drow's chest heaves with the exertion of the dance. That was... something else. "I don't think I've ever had a dance like that... Yes."

There's something... odd in Kirk's expression. Feia will only get a brief warning through Kirk's thoughts before he tries to kiss her.

Should it somehow be successful, it will be carried out with that same passion that consumed him during the dance. It will be hateful and lustful combined.

...I expect him to get iced. Very literally.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    "Can we start now? I thought wizzards", Yes, she pronounces both z's, "- needed a magic book for this sort of thing?" Elle shrugs it off, whatever. The magician. Wizard. Necromancer. Elf. Probably knows more about this business than she does. "Well. If a party is the worst place to learn, wouldn't that mean that anything I can learn here, I could do much better somewhere else?"

With logic like that, Saurous won't need a miscast spell to kill him! "And I was supposed to be looking for Magtok. Doing both couldn't be all that hard, we can just sit in a corner, and cast magic at the poor prey victims party go-ers." Swish swish goes her tail, "And I'll need a robe. Or a dramatic cloak. Magtok probably has spares."
    Saurous pinches the bridge of his nose, feeling as if his intelligence had actually been drained by Elle's "logic." Despite that, he manages to work up the willpower to try and explain the intricacies of spellcasting to her. He even manages to smile slightly.

"You're correct. Wizards-" he emphasizes the single z. Somehow. "-do need spellbooks to use magic. But there's really not anything inherently special about a spellbook, it isn't like they're linked to the owner. You could just practice with a simple spell in one of mine and we can gauge your natural affinity with th-

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Oh hey Elly! Good to see you here at this party thing that was totally my idea and didn't just drop in on me unexpected while I was in the middle of conducting extremely unstable turkeyfish research! I see you've found a hideously malformed elf carcass."

He glances at Saurous briefly, making it abundantly clear what he's referring to.

"Could've sworn we had a Magbot around here to dispose of biological waste like that..."
    Oh, lovely. It's Magtok. Interrupting Saur while he's geeking out about magic and spellbooks and stuff. I'm sure he appreciates that.

"Hello again to you as well, Magtok," he says through clenched teeth.

Of course, between Elle pressing his Expound Upon Magic button and Magtok pressing the Be Annoyed button, Saurous completely ignores Moon Called. How sad. I'm sure something contrived will happen to draw his attention back to her in the near future, though.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-07-30 at 06:11 PM.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

Grace gives a sigh and gently rests her head on Jezebel's shoulder. "Thank you." There is some relief to her tone, but also... perhaps a little disappointment? It's clear that she whatever else she feels though, Grace is glad that Jezebel was willing to respect her decision.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Party Room

Jezebel will try to wrap an arm around her shoulders and give her a reassuring squeeze. "In the meantime, lets drink, enjoy the music, and make snide comments about how the others are dressed." She says with a drink. "Of course, I guess the same could be said of me."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Party Room]

A small warning. That's enough.

Off to the side, two of Feia's fingers twitch, shaping out a brief rune into the air.
    Whichever Magbot or clone is manning the security cameras will find themselves without visual feeds for about 30 seconds or so, as the data is somehow rerouted elsewhere.

That's precisely how long she'll be indulging Kirk.
    30 seconds for him to engage in his anger-lust, with the sorceress catering to him.
    Did she want to? To do this?
    Or is it part of something else?
    Her eyes, clear and watching through all of this, reveal nothing.

A slight tenseness along his back, while Feia curls an arm around him, before her lips acquire an icy sensation.
    His warning.
    The only warning.

((Slight camera godmod approved.))
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2011-07-28 at 08:44 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

Grace gives a little chuckle and gently relaxes against Jezebel, apparently comfortable the embrace. "I'm wearing a business suit to an informal party. I don't think I get to talk about what everyone else is wearing, Doe."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Party Room

"And I'm wearing something little better than a kleenex."
    She says with a smirk as she enjoys Grace's warmth. "Doesn't mean we can't do it still." Jezebel gives a gesture with her bottle towards Magtok. "What do you think? Robe, or dress?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Party Room]

A small warning. That's enough.

Off to the side, two of Feia's fingers twitch, shaping out a brief rune into the air.
    Whichever Magbot or clone is manning the security cameras will find themselves without visual feeds for about 30 seconds or so, as the data is somehow rerouted elsewhere.

That's precisely how long she'll be indulging Kirk.
    30 seconds for him to engage in his anger-lust, with the sorceress catering to him.
    Did she want to? To do this?
    Or is it part of something else?
    Her eyes, clear and watching through all of this, reveal nothing.

A slight tenseness along his back, while Feia curls an arm around him, before her lips acquire an icy sensation.
    His warning.
    The only warning.

((Slight camera godmod approved.))
    Kirk makes full use of his thirty seconds. It's very likely the best, most passionate kiss he's ever given. The drow puts one hand behind her head, clutching a fistful of hair. Feia is likely bombarded with the lustful thoughts that are currently overwhelming his logic. There's no doubt that he wants this to go further.

By the time the thirty seconds rolls around, Kirk is showing no signs of stopping, or thinking of stopping. In fact, the intensity of the kissing has only increased for the duration, despite the crowded room.

The poor bastard.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

Grace seems to consider the matter solemnly before she answers. "It looks a bit more loose than a dress would be, so its probably a robe. He is kind of effeminate though." She pauses to sip her drink, then continues. "Don't tell him I said that. I don't think he'd like it." She smiles a bit mischievously at Jezebel. "What do you think? Am I right?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

[Party Room]

Vyrn is more or less as he warned in the dancing, at first, but he gets better fairly quickly, managing to keep up even as the ice elf makes things more complex, until...

"You're quite good yourse-"

And then...yeah. That happens.

Needless to say the ex-emperor wasn't expecting that and is rather stunned.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Party Room

Jezebel appears thoughtful for a moment before nodding slightly. "I think so. Of course, it doesn't mean he couldn't pull off a dress if he wanted to. It'd just have to be made right."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

"Probably. Seems rather taboo around here though, or at least an uncomfortable subject." Grace's eyes wander the room, and catch on Kirk and Feia. She didn't really know who they were, but they were obviously quite into their little moment, and she couldn't help but notice it. Wow, that was pretty intense, actually. She tries to focus on her drink and conversation, but can't quite seem to manage it.

After a few more sips, Grace finds her cup empty. Funny how that happened- she was sure there was some more in it. She gives the cup a rather suspicious look and leans back against Jezebel as she sets the cup down, her eyes wandering back to Kirk and Feia.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Party

Jezebel looks down at the empty glass and rubs Grace's shoulder a bit. "Do you want another?" She asks as she follows her looks towards Feia and Kirk. Seeing the two, she allows a slight smile. She had plans for Feia. Plans that Feia would come to enjoy as much as she hates. A moment's thought however, and she frowns before looking at Grace, mildly concerned. "That doesn't bother you, does it?" She asks, sounding worried.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

Grace shakes her head to the first question, and gives a quick response to the second. "No." She looks away from the couple, then up towards Jezebel. "I guess it's just..." Her voice dwindles, then she lets out a little sigh before continuing very quietly. "I'm a bit jealous."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Party Room

Jezebel sets her glass aside and tries to use a finger to tilt Grace's head up so she can look into her eyes. "Then don't be." She says before moving down to kiss her. Even if she doesn't want a fling, it doesn't mean a kiss might be out of the question.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Party Room

Becky now undeadtimes, knowing where to meet Jezebel later, and decides to indulge herself in a drink or two.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

[Party Room]

Jezebel finds no resistance whatsoever, as Grace easily responds to and leans into the kiss as she puts her arms around the other woman. She is neither passionate or forceful, but gentle and without hurry, enjoying the moment as long as she can let it last. One of Grace's hands makes its way up to Jezebel's face, fingers tracing her jaw and then coming to rest lightly on her cheek as Grace savors what she's been given.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Party Room]

Now now, Kirk.
    You know what they say about biting off more than you can chew.

The drow acquires three more seconds.
    If he was of remotely sound mind at the moment, perhaps he would have found that interesting.
    But no, his mind is in a darker place now.

A darker place Feia finds briefly...challenging to navigate.
    Soldrin.
    Her lips alter from cold to painfully icy, a similar frost present in her arm around his back, and the hair on her head.
    Oddly, a slight tightening of her grip.
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Air Vent

Oompa loompa doomp-adee doo
    I've got a tricky riddle for you
    Oompa loompa doomp-adah dee
    If you are wise you'll listen to me

Who's sneaking round in the vents here with me?
    A cat fat enough to feed a hundred and three?
    Why don't you run back to the sharks, boy?
    Please speak up, there's no need to be coy!

Oompa loompa doomp-adee die!
    No way to surrender, nowhere to hide
    You will make a delicious brew
    For the Oompa Loompa doomp-adee DOO!

With that last note, a bright orange and terrible face lunges at Rein, crashing through a grate above him and intending to slam down against the cat-man with all of its weight.
    [Air Vent]

Gah! Where'd that grate above him come from?!
    Owowow. Getting landed on hurts! Hehe. Yay.
    "You sing off key!"
    Reinholdt says before trying to slam the butt of his rifle into the face that landed on him.

Hopefully the insult will make the face cry and go away.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-07-28 at 10:24 PM.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Party Room

Let's see, it seems like the majority of the people here are distracted. Well, the timing for this isn't likely to get better. Gordon flicks his shoulder, which puts a tiny tracking device into his hand. Then, with a light throw, he tries to get onto Feia.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Party

As they kiss, Grace should feel a warmth washing over her as Jezebel uses a touch of her powers to try and get Grace to relax more, to feel nice. It's not mind-altering, just body affecting. After several long seconds, Jezebel will break it off and move her head back just a bit so Grace will see her smile. "Like I said, no reason to be jealous." She says as she rests her head on Grace's hand a bit.