New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Saer's Manor

During those 24 hours, there was a lot the demon could have gotten done.

As it was, he spent the better part of the day puzzling over her. And their word games. And her attitude at the end of it. At the way he'd kissed her then the way she shoved him away, demanding him not to. When day came, he was downstairs in his office, trying to get some work done, and the pictures of the previous night kept coming back to him. So much that he finally curled his hands over his face and let out a scream of exasperation loud enough to make Reece come running.

With an embarrassed wave, he sent the butler away.

He went to check on her a few times, after he'd given her several hours to herself. Each time he sent his heat sense past her locked door, she was motionless. Sleeping. He'd seen her long enough in her draconic sleep to know what it felt like. But she had only just done as much...? Perhaps she needed it more often than he was used to.

As the night turned darker and the 24 hour mark approached, he was still in his office, although he'd given up on work. A knock sounded at his door and he lifted his head expectantly to see...

He couldn't help the little sigh of disappointment as Angele came through the door wearing one of her favorite red satin dresses. Still, he forced a blithe smile to his lips and motioned her over.
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-28 at 09:35 PM.
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

When Nixa opens her eyes she catches her breath and waits. But no, the pounding in her head was gone, the blood was no longer screaming.

24 hours for the blood lust and 24 hours for the Swing. It hadn't lasted as long as usual, and she was incredibly glad. Both were equally unpleasant.

Nixa would have located Saer then and there to apologize, but she decided he may need some time. So she sat upon the floor and began quite a project of sewing back together every dress she'd ripped. There were quite a few in the last week alone.

Then she drags the pile of clothes over to the star on the floor beside the bed and begins recasting the enchantments, just to be on the safe side. How embarrassing would it be to don a dress simply to have it incinerate and burn to ashes the first time she got mad?

Mostly though, this was all just hesitance to speak with anybody. Especially Saer.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

The vampiress approached as Saer waved her over and the demon scooted his chair away from his desk. With a gentle hand and coaxing, he brought her to sitting on his lap, facing away from him. Then, with equally careful hands, he set to inspecting her back.

The wounds where the large pieces of the door that had pierced her skin were healing human-slow, because of the nature of what wood will do to vampires in his world. Even Saer's healing flame could not touch it. He didn't know if it was something to do with fire and its interaction with the undead, the fact that they were somewhat supernatural wounds, or simply because Saer's former Master had willed it so after he'd created the second of his races. It didn't do Saer any good to dwell on it, so he didn't.

The lesions were stitched together expertly by tiny bits of thread, but they were still quite visible after the bandages were removed.

And they still hurt.

At the back of her left shoulder, Saer slowly undid the first of the bandages. Angele hissed and tensed, but otherwise didn't move.

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa stands in the doorway, considering. She could go see Saer. But he needed some time to do other things, and she was aware that recently she'd been taking up an awful lot of his time.

So that leaves her to explore. And this is something she's been keen to do ever since she'd arrived. She chooses the direction the opposite way of Saer's room and heads down it, poking her head into the first room she comes across.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer's brow quirked up and he glanced briefly up at the ceiling as he sensed Nixa's moving heat through his home. The moment she left her room, he felt it, but he didn't allow any of that knowledge to carry to his tending of Angele's wounds.

The dress was open in the back. It made the process slightly faster. But he wouldn't rush through it.

The rooms on the second floor of the manor all belonged to the various occupants of the house. It just so happened the first one she opened was an exact mirror of her own, except without windows. Or a light source of any sort, for that matter. The furniture was beautiful, modern polished metal rather than wood with fabric and cushions in the correct places for the chairs and bed. The theme to the room was an ocean blue with silver highlights.

It didn't take a genius to figure it was a creature of the night who occupied this room most of the time.

KCDC

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa stands in the doorway for all of half a second before jerking back. Vampires. The room smelled of them. Their horrid habits and aversion to sunlight made them pathetically weak.

A smile small played itself across her face as she wondered what would happen if Angele and Prism (golden dragon sibling) were ever to be placed in the same room.

She gave the room as wide a berth as possible in this hallway and continued, wondering where the hell everyone was.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

And just as she rounded a corner, Reece almost ran into her.

"Oh!--...Excuse me, Miss Nixa!" The butler took a step back and straightened his coat, clearing his throat. "Ahem...if you're looking for Lord Saer, he is in his office. Or is there something else I might assist you with?" To give the old man credit, he was very good at his job. Something about him was always warm and inviting and terribly polite.

KCDC

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh! Nixa steps back as well, startled. Good evening Reece. I wasn’t looking for Saer actually. Reece, would you mind answering a few questions?

She doesn’t wait for an answer, but asks them anyways. He can decide for himself whether he wants to answer or not. I’m looking for a room. I think… I think it was inside. Very cold, and very dark. Perhaps a basement of some kind. Does this house have a basement?

She wants to look around the room Saer had taken her to that first day. The question was driven by an unsatiable curiousity for the unknown, and what's more unknown than a darkened room where she'd spent over four days without being able to look around?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yes, there is a basement. Though I'm afraid no one is allowed down there without the Lord's permission." Reece delivered the message with a slight smile, ever polite, but just doing his job. "But you did say questions. If you do have more, I would humbly ask you please walk with me so I don't get behind." He made a gesture ahead of him, towards the stairs.

KCDC

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

She did have more questions. She had too many questions. But, see this was more a case of what to do about them.

She could follow Reece and ask.

Or she could go exploring. Really, which is more exciting?

She shakes her head, sorry to take up your time. She tries to be as polite as possible to the butler, wanting him on her side. But she hurries away and downstairs, trying to find a door which may lead down to a basement without drawing attention to herself.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Pixie in the Playground

If she hurried, she'd probably make it before Reece could spot her.

The door to the basement was actually at the bottom of the stairs leading up. Which was exactly where the butler was heading.

There was no lock on it. It was nondescript.

If and when she did happen to make it down there, she might be disappointed. There was not a light source of any kind (though Nixa could undoubtedly make her own). But if there was, she would see a large, concrete space with stone walls. The floor of the room slanted subtly to the center, to a drain. Easy clean-up. A few plain, washed metal tables were up against the walls, then a few more, longer and thinner, were actually fastened to the floor.

The only item of interest, actually, was a huge, sturdy metal cabinet/closet in the farthest corner. This, too, was attached to the floor. And this, of all things, was locked by several mechanisms.

KCDC

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa lights her own path with a flickering flame in her left palm.

...It looks like a torture room. She comments to herself. What the hell was he doing for the days I slept?

The room is just so bland that she has to speak, else she'd feel lonely. Loneliness is not something she's used to. While the dragons on her planet were all mostly solitary, she'd always been around Draaxar, or her siblings, and never really completely alone.

After a few moments she walks over to the metal cabinet. May as well.

Hmm... locked. Probably the locks could withstand heat, but magical fire? It was worth a try. She lifts a lock in her hand.

CLICK!
    FWOOM!

A jet of flame erupts from her mouth in what is more of a cough than a true breath. A test to see if it has any effect.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

The locks were imbued with the same charm on her collar. Unable to be opened except by Saer's hand.

As her breath of flame lit up the room, it was possible she might see the demon leaning against the wall at the bottom of the stairs.

If not, she'd certainly hear his voice. "Looking for anything in particular?"

He didn't sound happy.

KCDC

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

She has to smile. She simply has to. He just sounded so stern, and Nixa found that she doesn't particularly care. In fact, she found it relatively amusing.

Mostly she doesn't care because if he really didn't want her in here, he would have actually locked the door. Not that that would have stopped Nixa from trying to open it anyways. As proved by her flames at the locks.

Not really, no. Just looking. She casually drops the lock and turns to face him, although in this dark room she's not sure if she's even looking in the right direction. She reaches up and flicks away the blood at the corner of her mouth uncaringly. A result of the fire-breath, and not one she's worried about right now.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-29 at 11:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

She would be able to hear his heavy sigh from across the room. "Why is it, Princess, that you constantly tell me one thing and do another? Are you trying to get yourself tossed out?"

His tone...Exasperated? Yes. Tired? Immeasurably. Angry? Not truly. Sad? Yes, there was a flavor of that as well.

KCDC

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

Tossed out? I believe that the chances of that are small, so stop threatening me with it. She looks back at the cabinet for a moment. It's a shame. She really wanted to know what was in it...

Are you alright, Saer? Her keen ears did not fail to pick up his tone, but hadn't registered on a conscious level until a moment ago. You sound exhausted. She doesn't sound exactly worried, more curious. As if it were a type of experiment.

She wonders suddenly if demons need sleep. Apparently they do, but she couldn't imagine it. Angels didn't sleep. But they were from her planet, andshe didn't know what his planet was like.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer's voice started quiet. In the end, his frustration got the better of him. "Correction, Princess. The chances were small. Yes, I'm tired. I'm a creature who doesn't require sleep, yet I'm tired. What am I to do? With a girl who will not acknowlede any of my simplest wishes? What would you do in my place!"

He paused to take a breath, and though she couldn't see it, he ran both hands back trough his hair and slumped a shoulder against the wall once more. He hadn't even realized he'd switched to standing in his aggravation. When he spoke next, his voice was much calmer, though still worn. "I mean the question. What would you do?"

KCDC

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd ask her. Nixa says quietly. I'd ask her gently, using her proper name, talking to her as an equal and not a slave, politely. And maybe she'd listen. Maybe she'd obey. She hesitates. Well, she's begun. May as well finish it. She takes a cautious step towards him, away from the cabinet.

Maybe if she knew you weren't going to hurt her... another step closer, if she knew you didn't understand... and closer, if she knew she meant something, anything to you, and that she's not just an object you're forced to look after, only one more step to reach him, then maybe she'd think differently.

She stops and stays there, just out of reach, waiting to see if he'd close the distance between them, if he'd respond.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

For whatever reason, the moment Nixa took a step towards him, Saer had to fight to keep from taking a step backwards.

Was it fear? Did he feel threatened by her? What caused the jump in anxiety when all she had done was come towards him?

But that wasn't all she'd done, was it? She was speaking. She was...suggesting things.

The demon was no stranger to his girls showing interest in him. To the contrary; Most did at one point or another. So how should this be any different? When she asked for things from him, why didn't he laugh and brush off her requests as per his usual tactic?

Too much time thinking. She was standing near him. Close enough to touch. Close enough to...

Saer shut his eyes. It didn't matter. Her heat signature was keen as ever. Her proximity shined like a beacon.

He cleared his throat to try and loose it. "Nixa..." His voice was surprisingly normal -only the hint of an edge- but it was so much easier to hear in the dark.

She'd said so much...How was he supposed to respond to all of it? What was he supposed to say?

For once, his usual voice of reason was silent. either it had given up on him or it had nothing to say on the matter.

The demon shook his head, hard, once, to try and focus. It did about as much help as shutting his eyes had done, which was nothing at all. He gave up and opened them again, even though she wouldn't be able to tell unless she lit a new fire. Part of him was screaming to close the distance, begging him not to miss this vital opportunity. The other part of him was uncharacteristically paralyzed.

And then, Saer Akore, Saerkhanumsherrinnickakore, First Demon of the Hells, Eldest brother of the Daemoenica, Essence of Pride and most loved by Lucifer Itself, finally finished his sentence. "I don't...how...I--. What?"
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-02-29 at 07:34 PM.

KCDC

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

((Saerkhanumsherrinnickakore? yikes...))

Nixa can hear the confusion in his voice, but she can't see him at all, no matter how close he is. She's no longer lighting her way with fire, only standing, waiting.

Well, she sighs a little, you could alternatively I suppose, tell me that I am a slave, and of no importance to you, then watch as I vanish and don't ever return. Is that what you want, Saer Akore? She takes a small step back and away from him.

It's a gamble. She desperately wants him to say no, to grab her, to make her stay. But if he truly is through with her, best know now so that she may leave with at least a little dignity left.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

(( It doesn't get bust out often. But it worked with the punchline. Hee))

When she spoke with such a disheartened tone and backed up, his jaw slacked.

She walked one step away.

Two.

That was when he reached forward in the dark and tried to clasp his hand around her upper arm and turn her swiftly around. If she didn't shove him away, he pulled her in close so the front of her brushed the front of him --so there would be no question as to exactly where he was in proximity to her. He wanted nothing more but to kiss her, but what came out were stilted thoughts. "I don't...know...what you are to me! This isn't how it's supposed to go!" He was having such a hard time putting his confusion into thoughts. Even after millennia of dealing with women, it didn't make him any less male.

KCDC

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

No, I suppose it isn't. She breathes, knowing he can hear her. She brushes her hand sup his chest, then curls one around the back of his neck to play with his hair.

I'm supposed to unquestioningly do whatever you tell me. But I'll save you time and effort here and now. I'm not like that. I won't listen or obey if you talk down to me. She leans in and up, but rather than kiss him, she stays just an inch away, letting her breath fall lightly on his lips.

But Saer, I want nothing more than to stay.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

As her hands slid up his chest, and especially as one wrapped around the back of his neck, a tactile shudder went through him, heard in the trembling exhalation of his breath over her mouth, so close to his.

A soft sound lifted up from the back of his throat, and he was forced to close his eyes again, because the world was spinning. He swallowed hard, doing everything he could to keep from leaning forward. His lips were already feeding delicately off her heat, pulling it into himself. But he held that tiny distance, because there was one more thing he had to say, one last thing she had to understand. His voice was the barest whisper. "I...cannot remove your collar..." To remove it was too great a risk. But he feared she wouldn't be able to accept it.

KCDC

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

If it keeps you alive, I'd wear it forever. Is all Nixa has to say about that. She still doesn't move from that exact position however. She wants him to accept her, and she will wait until he does.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

Why did those words make things tighten in his chest and throat?

The soft sound in the back of his throat turned into a purring growl, and it melted into something which might have been her name...but then he closed that distance between them, the sound cut off by their lips meeting. One hand still on her upper arm, he used it to pull her close while his other slid around her upper shoulders.

He kissed her thoroughly, soundly, like he couldn't remember kissing anyone else since...Since...Hells...

His hand at her arm slid down to her waist, squeezing to try and press more of him against more of her. And the growl grew deeper, hungrier.

KCDC

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

Her heart skipped as he finally kissed her. He'd accepted her!

And as she continued to run her fingers through his hair, reaching up her second hand to caress his cheek lightly, she knew that she'd never truly run away. She may have just threatened him with it, but he wouldn't have let her go. He was correct. She had nowhere to go. And even if she did, she couldn't leave Saer.

Had all this really happened? It had been less than two weeks! She knew nothing about him!

And she found, surprisingly, that she didn't care so much.

She was just so happy to be here, in Saer's arms, with his strong body pressed against hers. She'd never experienced anything quite like it, and she wanted more.

But even dragons need to breathe, and she's forced to pull away soon. The room's already spinning, made even worse by the utter darkness. She presses the side of her face against his chest and catches her breath, listening to his strong heartbeat.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-03-01 at 05:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

When she pulled away to catch her breath, the demon wrapped his arms tighter around her and bent his head to touch his nose to the top of her head, breathing just as deeply as she. He allowed himself this moment, this isolation from the world. The darkness surrounding them only contributed to it. Everything the icy basement stole from him, she returned to him ten-fold. Was her heat supply endless?

The hand at her shoulders reached up and lightly touched the back of her head, sliding his fingers into her hair, and he inhaled slowly through his nose. He breathed in her heat and her scent. Coupled together, it was intoxicating.

There were so many things they needed to talk about. So many important things he should have said, or questions he should have asked. He was still utterly confused, but he'd shoved all that aside for the time being. When he'd finally caught his breath, he found his voice, and it was a gentle, echoing rumble between the stone walls. "In the past, I have had few girls with strong enough personalities to warrant their own title with me. And I've never had one who required one within the first few days." He nudged his nose gently to the top of her head, continuing just as quietly, knowing her keen Drow ears would hear every nuance in his voice. "When I called you 'Darkling', I never meant it to be insulting or derogatory. Simply, it is the cognomen which resonates best with me, regarding you. I mean it only with good intentions." He hesitated. "...Will you accept it?"

KCDC

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa's eyes flick open (although she still can't really see anything) and she immediately returns to her senses after that question. She hesitates. When she next speaks she sounds unhappy and resigned, and she seems to shrink in his arms. I suppose. Really, why not? At least you're asking.

Darling, Princess, Girl, Child, Vivilandra, Little Sister, Wyrm, Hatchling, Harbinger of Death... what's one more nickname? One more title to a growing list? She doesn't think anyone's used her real name for longer than a few days! Except for Reece. He was the only one. Even her siblings. Most call her 'Little Sister'. Laith and Shade, her two living brothers, call her their 'Lesser'. But then they call almost everyone that.

But she refuses to refer to Saer as 'My Lord', no matter what he names her. No. She will not insult and resign herself in that manner.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

He smiled, though it had a sad shadow to it, as she went through the list. The demon sighed gently and continued to gently stroke the back of her head. He kissed the top of it softly, and briefly, he slipped into one of his older accents. One not heard often, escaping only when he was comfortable enough, when he wasn't thinking about it. "Aye. 'Nixa' it shall be then." Then, after a brief pause, "Didn't you tell me 'Vivilandra' was your last name?"

KCDC

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Not really. It's a title, meaning 'Apprentice' in draconic. It may as well be my last name, as I wouldn't otherwise have one. She closes her eyes again, relaxing the moment she hears that she hasn't got a new nickname to her ever-growing list.

After a moment she has to ask, why doesn't it bother you that I'm drow? Because it appears to bother everyone else. Even her at times, as she's heard of what her kinsmen do. Raids, murders, horrible bloodbaths. She's glad she isn't part of it.