New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Saer's Manor

((One last post then before sleep. Goodnight!))

She's still too shocked to really say anything as he picks her up. It's impossible for him to touch her back without touching the wings, so he'll have to endure with them shifting uncomfortably again and the knowledge that he's irritating her. Not that that seems to have any effect on him anyways.

As soon as he set her on her feet again she tore off the blindfold. And when he stood from removing the ankle-binds she examined his face for several long seconds. Then she shakes her head, mutters something slightly audible about him not being Beren and that she really ought to be more mad (she's surprised that she found she couldn't clout him with her wings, even after all that she didn't want to hurt him - not that she even thinks it'd have much effect) , and moves away to collect her bag from the chair.

No more lessons,
    she says when she finally truly finds her voice. The words are firm and angry. Doesn't sound like she'll be changing her mind about that anytime soon.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

((Sleep well!))

As she turned away after that long glance and muttered angrily to herself, he quirked a brow, but showed no other interest in what she was saying.

That didn't mean he didn't hear it.

When she made her statement, the demon leaned with his hips back against his desk and crossed his arms, consenting with an incline of his head. "For now." And then, he couldn't keep the stubborn smile off his face as he watched her for a few more moments. He finished his thought with humor dancing in those infuriatingly charming icy blue eyes. "Now, would you like some help with those bindings at your wrists or no?"

Since fire couldn't touch them, there was heavy doubt she'd be able to untie them herself. It was a knot specifically designed as such. Without the proper leverage, unless she wanted to resort to using her teeth (how very flattering), she wouldn't be able to get it undone herself.
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa holds out her hands without comment. She's tired of the damn bindings which her player keeps forgetting about, and just wants them off.

No, not just for now. I won't submit anymore. No bindings, no blindfolds, no anything. Though I wouldn't exactly call what she's been doing up to now 'submitting'...

((Good morning!))

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

((And a good future day to you! The past is alive and well as I'm sure you knew. And a little bit cold.))

Saer reached out without further comment to help her with those wrist knots (truly the last of the the bindings, by the way). Although when she spoke, his eyes darted up from where they were focused so he looked at her from under his brows. And with that half-smile present on his face, it was a sinful, dangerous expression. But only in the most right of ways.

Amidst untying, he pulled, a sharp movement which he hoped would bring her suddenly closer to him, making their thighs and torsos touch with their hands between them. If she didn't pull away, he leaned down until his nose nearly touched hers, the demon's stubborn silver crescents brushing against her cheeks as he whispered across her lips. "Of course not." The way he spoke it made it clear he didn't believe it at all.

He finished untying the knot, but didn't put more distance between the two of them.

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

((Cold? I can't imagine ever being cold. Unless you're idiotic enough to wander out into the desert at night when the scorpions and spiders and snakes are all out and about.))

Well whether he believed her or not, she was dead-set on never going through that again. The determination in her eyes is a strong indication of her resolve to never let anyone tie her up. Ever. Yet she doesn't pull away.

His soft breath.

Gently touching bodies.

Her hands are on his chest as they'd been up that high before he'd pulled her towards him. She pushing him back and away very lightly.

Andaress above, he was awfully well-muscled.

Draaxar had told her to fry anyone bothering her to a crisp. This would not work for Saer however. Nixa flicks her eyes away fromn his face and then attempts to pull away. She's had enough of him from the last few days. Even though she'd been asleep, the fact that he was there when she woke suggested he'd been watching her. No, that wasn't frightening at all.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-15 at 09:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

As she starts to pull away, he allows it of her, satisfied for the moment.

Although, he hadn't been anticipating the barely-there skip in his heart as her hands had reached up to touch his chest.

No, he was clearly the one in control here. Obviously. Without doubt. He was master of his own emotions, true commander of his girls. What they did didn't matter to him, so long as they did (ultimately) as they were told.

...Right...?

He cleared his throat as he turned away to hide any amount of uncertainty he may have had, and as he walked back around to his desk chair, he addressed her dismissively, "You may go to your room. Rest if it suits you. I only ask that you don't destroy anything in the interim between now and the next time I see you." He said it cooly, like he didn't care. But then, that was always how he dealt with such strong, insistent emotions. Pretend they aren't there. Distance oneself.

KCDC

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa takes her leave then, quite quickly, fleeing the room.

The first thing she does when back up in her room is wander around until she finds a bathroom, and runs herself a cold bath (not that hygiene ought to matter to her much as she doesn't overheat and doesn't sweat). The door she leaves open, and the reason is almost instantly clear. The moment her burning skin contacts the water, it heats and begins to boil, and soon the room is so filled with steam it would be impossible to see anything if she hadn't opened the door.

When out, she tenderly flaps her wings, drying them, and examines them both to make sure no harm has come to them from Saer touching them. When she finds them both whole she breathes a sigh of relief and carries on.

She dresses in her room, in the same black dress ( she owned over a dozen, all of them identical and all of them ripped by her wings and sewn back together a thousand times before). That's when she finally sits down to ponder her current crisis. She needed some sort of safety. Her eyes scan the room, falling on the skeletons in the corner. With a raised hand she begins the first of several necromantic spells, and before long she has three new servants.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

She hadn't far to go before she found herself a bathroom. One was attached to her room and had everything in it she required for a bath, cold or not.

Saer left her alone for the rest of the day and night. He hadn't called upon her nor had anyone check on her. Usually, he'd be inquiring to the girls directly how they'd slept, what it was they were planning on doing with the day besides the daily items he had laid out for each of them to do. As it was, Nixa was still adjusting, and so he allowed her the time to do so.

Also, he had some ideas in store for her.

The next morning, not early, but well before the noon hour, Reece came knocking at her door. His warm, diplomatic voice was clear through the wood frame. "Miss Nixa? Lord Saer requests--"

He was cut off by a voice which would have been lovely as chiming bells had it not been full of superiority. "I've got this, Reece."

A harsher, stronger knock issued at her door. "Come out, New Girl! You're running behind!"

KCDC

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa was reading silently, and when the knock came she smiled. Without even taking her eyes off the page she gestured to the door. The skeleton standing in the corner obediently went over to open it.

This skeleton is easily distinguishable as that of a half-orc by it’s heavily plated skull. But the rest of it is swathed in clothing. It’s not the most fashionable wear ever, but all of it’s imbued with strong enchantments. Hanging by it’s side is a beautiful shining white axe. The skeleton peers out at the people who came.

Oh Reece! Good morning! Calls Nixa jovially, mostly hidden by a stack of books. The skeleton moves to allow the butler in, but if the other person (undoubtedly Angele) tries to enter it will try to rather roughly grab her and shove her back out into the corridor.

Inside the room, Nixa is lounging on her bed. At her feet lies the silvery magical body of a wolf, the head still a skull. Nestled on her lap is one last undead creature, this time a cat. It’s contentedly curled up, and even purring in a magically given voice.

Nixa’s quite content to ignore Angele for the time being. She doesn’t want to speak to her, or even as-of-yet acknowledge her existence.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

((Good morning!))

Reece's face tried to be cheerful, but in that way which is forced as the skeleton opened the door. He hid his surprise well, though he did feel it. The butler had been at this game for decades. It took a lot to visibly rattle him anymore.

But as soon as Reece's face was in view, someone else pushed past.

Angele looked everything like her namesake. Moonlight skin, long white-blonde hair (currently back in a braid, so its length was difficult to gauge), not a freckle on her lovely face, and beautiful ocean-blue eyes set over her high cheekbones. If a man preferred his women to be voluptuous, however, Angele was not what he would turn his head for. She was a thin, tall, and graceful thing without much curve to her body. Her lack of girth, however, could be deceiving. Her vampiric blood gave her enough strength and speed to punch through a steel wall. Though, she was very young, vampire-wise. Some of the others from her world could fly, read minds, and even the oldest could withstand sunlight for minutes at a time. Angele held none of these abilities.

She was wearing black form-fitting pants with black boots and a red tank top which followed suit, colors which brought out all her best attributes.

So, when the skeleton physically grappled with Angele, she was caught off guard and unceremoniously tossed out into the corridor, literally on her ass, with a hiss.

Reece watched, cleared his throat, then muttered something about, "--call if you need anything," and made his exit down the hall, to the stairs. He did not wish to bear witness to what was about to happen.

Angele shot up and went to the doorway. This time, she measured up the room. Alright. So this one wouldn't be a push-over. Fine by her.

The vampiress leaned a shoulder against the doorframe. She was angry, but she was also cooler in her anger than most. Crueler. Her voice, again such a sweet sound, but carried such ugly words. "Probably about time Saer got someone who wasn't a weakling." She left off the 'Lord' purposely. "You'll be just like the rest of the meat, though. You won't last here. So you might as well pack up all your..." Angele's eyes darted around the room and she lifted a brow. "...items."

KCDC

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

((Good... uh, morning I suppose.
    ...drat, I have to go after this post. Sorry, I'll be on a little later.))

Nixa gives Angele a sickly sweet smile that totally gives away the fact that she feels entirely superior. All she has as an answer is: close the door please, darling. And it becomes clear she's not talking to Angele as the skeleton closes the door. In Angele's face.

The dragoness is not easily intimidated.

But the dragoness also has more than one trick up her sleeve.

See the way she figured it, Angele was an undead creature.

And the dragoness was a master of the art of necromancy.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

((No worries! I'm at work anyway, so posts would be very slow as is. Tomorrow is a study day so...obviously this means sleeping in an RPing.))

As the door started to shut, Angele's arm shot forward and caught it by the edge with her fingers. She looked bored, but there was a sure irritation behind that boredom. "Maybe I didn't make myself clear. You're not welcome here. You do not belong. Therefore, you'll save everyone in this home a ridiculous amount of grief by leaving."

If there was any question to her identity (though doubtful) it could be easily confirmed by the tungsten collar around her own throat. The same elegant cursive had her name written, 'Angele', as appeared on Nixa's own mark. It shone beautifully against her opal skin.

KCDC

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

((Ah, okay, no worries then.))

It doesn't seem to understand, does it? Nixa asks the undead cat on her lap, running the base of her claw over the cat's shining back. She speaks as though Angele were not listening, as though Angele were not even a creature. I don't want it in my room. I don't want it speaking to me. It is rather annoying, isn't it?
    Her attention turns back to Angele, and for a split second her eyes latched onto the vampiress'. It will leave or it will learn why it shouldn't bother me.

She nods to the skeleton again, and it now shuts the door again, this time on her fingers that are in the way.

Nixa strokes the cat gently. Vampires. Icky creatures. Like ghouls, ghasts, ghosts... to much free will. Undead creatures shouldn't have that much free thought. Take her creations for example. the cat is only purring because she wants it too. The skeleton is only obeying her direct commands. The dog now leaps up and bears it's teeth angrily at the door (whether still open or not) because she's feeling irritated.

Of course, she likes the creatures she creates. Servant-like pets that Draaxar couldn't ever accidentally kill. They'd always been the perfect creatures to have around. Ah, but the wolf and the cat, they weren't there merely for her entertainment. No, she was getting ready to make another move, and this time she knew exactly what she was getting into.

Whether Saer would accept or not, well that's the question. perhaps Nixa can persuade him to compete, or perhaps his naturally dominant nature would nudge him to play. But if he didn't, that too would be quite an interesting move on his part.

Overall it was turning out to be a very... interesting.... day.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

When the door slammed on her fingers, Angele screamed against gritted teeth and uttered several creative curses. Oh, that was it.

The vampiress slammed the door open, and this time the force of it knocked the top half off it's hinges and cracked the barrier diagonally down the center, though it remained still in one piece.

"Listen, you ugly, revolting bitch. You are nothing here. You are an insignificant, pustular worm. If you do not leave, I will throw you out on your crusting, self-righteous ass"

KCDC

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa doesn't bother giving a warning. The skeleton was knocked aside as she... opened... the door anyways.

Kraala. She whispers, holding up both hands and leaning to the side so that her books aren't in the way. Not a deadly spell, not harmful at all really. Nixa isn't aiming to destroy the undead thing, just to give it the idea that maybe breaking into her room isn't the best idea.

The spell sends a huge force at the vampiress, attempting to push her back away and out of the door', throwing her back into the hallway again.

But she doesn't pause there.

If the spell worked as desired, the skeleton briskly walks over, pushes the door back into place and stands back, pulling out his axe, ready to defend Nixa's room. Nixa will turn to the window and open it, ready to descend using a different method.

If the spell does not work as desired then the moment the vampiress actually sets foot in her room the strangest sensation may overcome her. It's a mind-affecting spell, and a strong one at that. But it doesn't just access thoughts or controls them. This spell is one Nixa sets over every area she lives in. It saps at the consciousness of any undead creature not controlled by her inside a certain area. It quickly causes drowsiness, then, if the creature doesn't leave, throws them into a deep sleep. Of course, if Angele has a very strong willpower, then it may not affect her. Or it may work much more slowly.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

The spell, unfortunately for Angele, worked exactly as it meant to -better, in fact.

Her sharp scream was cut off as her back slammed into the door at the opposite end of the hall.

CRAAAAA--SNAAAP!

The door caved in and splintered.

The wooden door.

Angele lay still for several long moments, a pool of blood forming under her where the wood spliters had pierced her body. For as much racket she usually made, she was quiet entirely too long.

KCDC

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa pauses in her attempt to climb through the window. Hmmm... that wasn't the sound she'd been hoping for. She had just wanted Angele to get out of her room.

She climbs back in and walks around the books to the door, peering through. Huh... that's a lot of blood.

Reece? Come here please! She calls down the hallway. It's bleeding!

She jerks her head at the skeleton, who walks briskly over to the fallen vampire, putting away his axe and kneels next to her, checking for signs of life. ...unlife? Death? ...Life? Gah! Confusing! Let's just say he's looking for a sign that she hasn't been... uh... killed? (Nooo that doesn't work either.... ah well, you know what I mean).

Damn, if she'd just unintentionally killed Angele, Saer would not pleased. At all. Then again, it would make Nixa's life so much easier. She doesn't really care much either way.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa's call was heard, but it wasn't what brought the butler running up the stairs. That thundering crash was heard through the whole manor. Reece was seen first turning the corner in a rush.

Directly behind him came the demon.

Saer saw the blood first, and he pushed the butler aside as he ran past, "Nixa--" It was next to her room. His first apparent thought was that it was the Drow dragoness. Then he saw that white-blonde hair, stained with red. "Angele!"

Then he saw the all-too-familiar skeleton.

With a snarl somewhere between rage and astonishment, he tried to shove the axe-carrying minion away as he knelt down in the blood and put a hand carefully under Angele's neck. His breath left him in a quiet curse, "Frenzied Hells' Fire..." The vampiress didn't move. Saer touched a hand to her face.

Angele came back to consciousness with a whistling, gasping breath, then coughs which painted her lips with blood.

The demon's growl was deep enough to rattle ribcages with it's dark foreboding.

KCDC

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh okay. It was still 'alive' then. At least that meant that Nixa wouldn't be ripped to shreds. Hopefully.

Juuust in case, she takes several large steps backwards into her room and motions over her minion. She can't see why Saer would be angry though. It was a vampire!

It dawns on her that the growl really doesn't bode well. That's okay. He STILL can't seriously harm her. There is no fear shown by Nixa, no guilt at what she's done. Just a faint look of confusion as she continues to back away slowly.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon felt, rather than saw Nixa backing up. With as much heat as she exuded, it'd be difficult for him not to know exactly where she was at all times.

"Sh---e attacked..." The vampiress coughed again.

Saer could easily have figured that one out for himself, but to hear it come from Angele in a voice drowning in her own blood only fueled his fury.

Angele, of course, knew this would be the effect.

With another dark growl, Saer didn't take his eyes off of Angele, but addressed his butler with a sharp edge to his voice. "Reece, help Angele remove the rest of these...stakes." His jaw was tight as he forced his eyes away from Angele's face to see the rest of her body. She had at least 3 different wood shafts protruding out of her torso and one at her arm. It was a wonder none of them had grazed her heart. "Take her to my room afterwards. I'll meet you there."

Reece's words of assent were just white noise to the demon. Saer didn't turn yet to address the sorceress behind him. If he saw her, in that moment, he didn't know what he would do.

KCDC

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa had backed up so far that by now she was next to her bed. The look of confusion remained. So angry. Over a vampire.

Protect your mistress, Nixa tells the skeleton softly. The other creatures dissipate, and the skulls roll away. The skeleton stoically sets itself up inside the room, facing Saer, axe in hand. Nixa has no doubt that it will barely slow Saer.

But maybe it will slow him enough. If she can get a chance to speak, then perhaps he'd listen? It was only a vampire after all.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

"My Lord..."

Saer blinked and jerked his head up to Reece who was gently trying to take his lord's place next to Angele. The vampiress continued to cough, albeit weakly. The butler raised his eyebrows to Saer gently and made a suggestion, very quietly. If Nixa hadn't had those amazing Drow ears, she probably wouldn't have been able to hear. "Perhaps...some blood, My Lord?"

Yes. Blood. Of course. To speed her healing. Saer nodded stiffly and allowed Reece to kneel where he had been, answering in a voice which sounded almost hollow. "There are bags in the kitchen...Beatty will bring some up..." The demon ran a hand back through his hair with another growl. His head wasn't clear. There was too much rage. It was evident in the way his voice shook. "Once she's healed enough to handle it, I'll give her mine. It...It would carry too much of a...kick for her right now, I think..."

To Reece's credit, he sounded amazingly calm. "Of course, Lord."

The demon stood to his full height, very slowly, and winced when Angele cried out as the butler helped to pull out the first of four stakes.

When next Saer spoke, he still didn't turn around, but it was clear who he addressed. "What...in Frenzied Hells' Fire...were you thinking." It was far worse than a shout...It was spoken so quietly.

KCDC

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

I was thinking that it was threatening me. I was thinking that it deserved to know I won't let it threaten me. I was thinking that it's an undead creature with far too much willpower. It attacked me, not the other way 'round. Which is how Nixa sees it, so it's not like there is a lie in her voice.

She's still obscured in her room by a towering pile of books. And an animated skeleton. However for the realization that whatever happened next wasn't going to go well for her, Nixa's remarkably calm.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer took in a long, shaking breath and shut his eyes in a slow blink. It hitched only as Reece pulled out the second of the stakes and Angele found enough air in her lungs to give a sharp scream. The demon's jaw clenched, and another low growl made it's way up from the bottom of his chest.

He shook his head, and his voice was so soft, so quietly enraged, it was almost difficult to distinguish his words in the growl. "Not a scratch on you, nor even any of your pets." He spoke the last word with a disgusted snarl.

Angele screamed again, weaker this time, as the third stake was removed. The fourth, in her arm, Reece appeared to think could wait. His immaculate suit got further drenched in the vampiress's blood as he helped her to stand and limp/be dragged towards Saer's room down the hall.

The demon watched them go, finishing his initial thought quietly. "And my girl, almost killed by another's doing." His teeth were gritting so tight together the muscles in his neck were starting to throb. He tried to force them to loosen without much success.

When next he spoke, after his room's door was shut behind the butler and vampiress, it might have been towards her, but it may well have been rhetorical. "I cannot allow this."

KCDC

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Didn't you hear? It attacked me! Nixa's voice is indignant, but she'd considerably relaxed when he'd mentioned not hurting her. It doesn't even cross her mind that there's a much, much worse punishment.

I'm assuming he's talking about the Word. The small creature latched inside her brain, hidden in a cell Nixa's content to forget exists. Skel'iim waits. He has no idea what's happening. He's been blocked away, his view obscured, his hearing cut off by the wall Nixa's built for him. And still, he waits.

Nixa however doesn't think of this. Or any other obscure punishments he may see as an alternative. She believes she's just got out of this without any repercussions. As such, she lies back on the bed and breathes a small sigh of relief.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

To Nixa's words of defiance, the demon finally turned around, and it was a slow, dangerous thing. His body moved fluidly, like the predator he had always been. His voice was still too quiet for comfort. "Lashing out at me is expected. I had even expected a fight between Angele and you." His tone had turned into something hollow, but no less rage-filled. "You nearly killed her." The word 'killed' was clipped, sharp.

He shook his head slowly, back and forth once, voice dropping to a whisper as he approached her, stepping past the doorway. "And you still don't get it."

Saer looked down at her on the bed. He paused, thinking hard. He hadn't wanted it to be this way between them. A crease appeared between his brows, almost like what he was thinking was painful. The anger was still there, but there was something else in his whisper when he spoke again which he didn't feel comfortable trying to identify. He repeated his words from before. "I cannot allow this."

She had perhaps a breath to realize exactly what he was going to do before he did it. He didn't know what to expect, didn't even know if it would work or not. If it didn't, he would be out of options. She was completely out of control.

"Skel'iim"

KCDC

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

No! Nixa covers her eyes with her hands. Nononononono!

Inside her mind, Skel'iim was still waiting. The small click and the soft sound of his name drew his attention. Was that- he creeps over to the door. It opens the moment he nudges it with his snout. It... it's open... Skel'iim may be little, but that's only so that he can fit in her mind. She made him little. Drained his strength. But now that's he's escaped he begins to grow. And grow. And grow.

The seconds pass. Nine... ten... eleven...

Nixa uncovers her eyes, breathing rapidly and shallowly. No-nothing's happening. She smiles. It doesn't work!

Then, very suddenly, she screams. It's not a pain-filled scream, or even shocked. it's completely inhuman, ear-splittingly loud, and Nixa writhes on the bed, completely out of control.

As suddenly as it started, the scream ends and Nixa's body is lifeless. No-one is in control. She doesn't breathe. She doesn't move. She is, essentially, dead.

Inside her mind, Skel'iim has Nixa. He's larger. He's stronger. He grabs her, wrestles her form control of her body, and tosses her as if she was nothing into the cell. Sorry Nix, but my master calls. He leaves her screaming obscenities from the cell behind the ruined, tron down wall, and steps into Nixa's body, taking complete and utter control.

Four main things happen the moment he does so.

The first is that Nixa's body shows signs of life again, after almost ten seconds of showing none. That's probably a good sign.

The second is more drastic. Skel'iim burns much hotter than Nixa ever had. Her hair bursts into flames the moment it comes into contact with his entity. But after the horrible encounter with Saer in the alleyway, Nixa had enchanted her hair again and again to withstand fire. So it's flaming without actually burning. Magic's weird, huh?

The third thing is even more drastic. As Nixa's skin comes into contact with the new entity it heats up until it begins to glow pink. Along it appear black lines, as though someone had tattooed Nixa's skin with a scale-like pattern. It's striking, horrifying and very odd all at once.

Then Skel'iim opens her eyes. And that's the fourth major change. For Skel'iim's eyes are a beautiful deep ocean blue, and they glow as if enchanted.

Skel'iim pulls Nixa's body up into a sitting position, and looks around. His face shows no emotion at all, not even surprise that her hair is aflame.

Oh. That demon must be Skel'iims new master. Hmm... what to call him? What did he like being called? ...what was his name?

Skel'iim turns and quickly roots through Nixa's memories. No, 'roots' isn't the best word. he tears through them violently, memories flying in all directions until he finds the one he wants. This has a terrible strain on Nixa's body and blood begins to drip from the corner of her eyes. More of it drips the longer Skel'iim digs through her memories.

What would you have me do, My Lord Saer? Skel'iim asks in Nixa's voice the moment he's grasping the correct memory.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

((Last one from me! Then I must sleeps.))

When Nixa began to scream and thrash, Saer grit his teeth and waited through it. Then she...stopped...altogether.

The demon held his breath for those moments. She appeared dead. And yet...All that kept him from rushing to her body was his instinctive shift in vision. He watched the wavering effervescence of her soul, and it stayed anchored to the body.

But those seconds were as a lifetime.

The demon let go of a soft breath as her body sat up, and when she turned those eyes to him, those so different from the flaming red he had grown used to, the corners of his eyes flinched. Her skin...her hair...those eyes...

Anyone could tell, at a glance, that it was not Nixa staring out from that gaze.

Saer sat down gently next to Nixa's body as those words came from her throat. His voice was very soft. "Hold still." The demon reached up a hand, brushing his thumb lightly at the corners of her eyes and the side of her face where the blood fell. First one side, then the other with the same hand. As he did so, if those flames on her hair acted as every other flame he'd ever encountered in his long life, they would be attracted to his skin, flickering towards him, tasting his flesh like it hungered for it.

Hells, she was so much warmer.

He let out a quiet sigh. All the anger was gone for the moment as he kept a finger curled lightly under Nixa's chin. "Tell me who you are, and tell me what it means for Nixa to have you here."

KCDC

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

((Good night!))

Yes My Lord Saer, Skel'iim said. Huh. He'd have expected the demon would have taken him to be Nixa anyways, but he wasn't about to refuse a direct order from his lord.

I'm a small part of Skel'iim.
    The word sent a spurt of blood from Nixa's mouth. Oops, guess he wasn't meant to say his own name. And Nixa... well, Nixa was disobedient. She had to be or else you wouldn't have called me here, would you?

...or would he? Suddenly Skel'iim is unsure why he was called, what she'd done. Time for more digging! Memories fly all over Nixa's mind until he finds the right one. This time the blood not only leaks from her eyes, but starts to drip from her beautiful pointed ears as well. In fact, all her orifices seem to be leaking the red life.

I'm dreadfully sorry about My Lady, referring to Angele. You can be assured, My Lord, I'd never hurt her. She will be safe with me.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-17 at 12:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Saer nodded slowly, showing his understanding, but his brow knit to the blood, the increase of it. "I believe you. But I worry for Nixa's safety with you here."

One hand was still up, curled along her cheek. He raised his other and placed it on the opposite side of her face. He studied those glowing blue eyes intently, but with concern in his own. She was still devastatingly beautiful, no matter who looked out from that gaze.

"I have a an important question I need you to answer for me, and I need an honest answer." He brushed his fingertips along her cheekbone, blood smearing on his thumbs and against her too-hot skin. "Does your presence here harm Nixa's body enough to eventually kill her?"

KCDC