New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Trogland Meetup Episode VI: The Return of the Forumites

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRockStar View Post
    My financial situation is now . . . better than it has been, and I even turned down an opportunity to lead a service that Sunday, so me & Chris are definitely coming down. Which means I can fully, legitimately offer the Zombiemobile for Gwyn and any others Canadians/people close to I-79.
    *does a little dance*

I won't be able to take driving turns, but I can reimburse for gas and other such associated driving costs.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's time for me to just accept that I can't make this. The hospital I work at is changing over to a new core IT system the Monday before this and since me and my wife both work in IT there's not a chance that we can get off. I was thinking there was a few more weeks between them, but I was wrong.

We are thinking that a trip down around labor day to see the J.C. locals is a strong possibility. That's certainly better than nothing, but I will miss seeing the out-of-town people.

If there is a Midwest or Northeast meetup later in the year I'll be making a strong effort to make them. I'll look into Gen-Con as well.

3. - Top - End - #363

Sad to see you won't be joining us. Good thing there will be other meet-ups to look forward to.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sadness Raldor... sadness (yes I still use your old name). You will be missed, but say hello to the wife and kids from us.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Aw... Believe me, I've been a playgrounder since march of '06 and the fates have conspired every year up till now to keep me away from J.C. during meetups. *hugs*

In other news, myself, ZRS, and his partner are all a done deal. From what I understand, they will arrive that Thursday evening, and I will be there by Friday afternoon.

What sort of games would folks like me to bring? I have some 300+RPG books, maybe eight or so M:TG decks plus a load of other cards, (definitely bringing the Parsely games; they're great fun, especially for the 30+ crowd who actually played text based adventures), a few party games (like Apples to Apples and We Didn't Playtest This At All), and even some heavier time commitment board games, like Frag, Talisman, and Castle Ravenloft. I understand someone else will be bringing Inn-Fighting, which is great fun, so I won't be bringing that. Any requests?

In other, other news...we should make up a New England meetup. Perhaps something in the fall? People love an excuse to see New England in the Fall.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

6. - Top - End - #366

@Turtle: Boo. That sucks, man. Definitely come see us when you can, though.

@UserClone: Well, the first meetup was in 2k7, so we can absolve "the fates" from liability that first year. As for games, we have most things pretty covered - i'd say bring the stuff that seems most obscure. Maybe talk to the Llama - he's kind of our resident game collector/expert.

~PS
    Last edited by Penguinsushi; 2012-04-24 at 07:31 PM.
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

7. - Top - End - #367
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by UserClone View Post
    What sort of games would folks like me to bring? I have some 300+RPG books, maybe eight or so M:TG decks plus a load of other cards, (definitely bringing the Parsely games; they're great fun, especially for the 30+ crowd who actually played text based adventures), a few party games (like Apples to Apples and We Didn't Playtest This At All), and even some heavier time commitment board games, like Frag, Talisman, and Castle Ravenloft. I understand someone else will be bringing Inn-Fighting, which is great fun, so I won't be bringing that. Any requests?
    I know that Apples to Apples is well covered in JC and that LLama has "We Didn't Playtest This At All", "We Didn't Playtest This Either", and the "Blue Cards" expansion. The others you mention are games I'm not familiar with.

@Valiant Turtle -
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

In other, other news...we should make up a New England meetup. Perhaps something in the fall? People love an excuse to see New England in the Fall.
    There was a meet-up in Maryland last October and (I hope) another one this year. Does that count?
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

Okay tell you what: I'll make it easy and just bring my Parsely games, one or two pick-up RPGs, Puzzle Strike (and analog version of Super Puzzle Fighter II, essentially, for 2-4 players), and a healthy appetite for good food, good beer, good Kubb, and great company.

EDIT: @Krade - Potentially? I mean, that's still at least like a six or seven hour drive from home (southeastern CT), but I suppose that's comparable to the time/distance from Chesapeake to Johnson City, so. Potentially.

EDIT2: Maybe I should bring FRAG! also, since it's...six players, I want to say, and it's a hoot. Think tabletop Quake.
    Last edited by UserClone; 2012-04-24 at 09:32 PM.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    There was a meet-up in Maryland last October and (I hope) another one this year. Does that count?
    As far as I know, a NE meet-up is tentatively being scheduled.

Also, for those who are coming and wish to have up-to-the-minute updates on meet-up weekend, please send me a private message with your number. I will be texting throughout the weekend to let everyone know where we are so everyone can find each other once they get to JC!
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point in time, I'm making my plans as if I'll be making it to JC, so put me down in the probably group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    As far as I know, a NE meet-up is tentatively being scheduled.
    There will certainly be a meetup in MD in October. We just haven't finalized dates or anything, because, you know, it's only April. Whether that counts as 'NE' is up to debate, as while it is certainly E, there are some crazy people that consider MD 'south'.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Who are these strange beings you speak of?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #374

!!IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

Alarra and I are almost ready to order the dice for the meetup, but we can't agree on which color scheme to get. We've narrowed it down to the following five choices. Please tell us what would be your preference. No, we can't get a mix of two choices because we'd lose out on a significant bulk discount if we did.

Lustrous Gold with Silver pips
    Gemini Gold-Green with White pips
    Gemini Black-Copper with White pips
    Gemini Copper-Steel with White pips
    Gemini Blue-Gold with White pips

Also, should we put the custom face as the 1 face or the 6 face?
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2012-05-02 at 12:42 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Gold-Green
    2. Black-Copper
    3. Blue-Gold
    4. Copper-Steel
    5. Lustrous Steel

That's my ranking.

I personally prefer the special icon to be on 6 myself. Because I play games where high tends to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    !!IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

Alarra and I are almost ready to order the dice for the meetup, but we can't agree on which color scheme to get. We've narrowed it down to the following five choices. Please tell us what would be your preference. No, we can't get a mix of two choices because we'd lose out on a significant bulk discount if we did.

Lustrous Steel with Gold pips

Wait, what? What dice are you talking about? And what special face do you mean? Also, I'm not a fan at all of muddy-looking mixed color dice, but somehow I find the blue-gold with white pips captivating. I give it all five of my rankings.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377

Default If you say the name of the place the Mist comes to get you.

Okay tell you what: I'll make it easy and just bring my Parsely games, one or two pick-up RPGs, Puzzle Strike (and analog version of Super Puzzle Fighter II, essentially, for 2-4 players), and a healthy appetite for good food, good beer, good Kubb, and great company.

EDIT: @Krade - Potentially? I mean, that's still at least like a six or seven hour drive from home (southeastern CT), but I suppose that's comparable to the time/distance from Chesapeake to Johnson City, so. Potentially.

EDIT2: Maybe I should bring FRAG! also, since it's...six players, I want to say, and it's a hoot. Think tabletop Quake.
    Please bring FRAG! It is a fun game that we don't have in JC anymore. We do have Apples and Apples and "We Didn't Playtest this." I have a list on board game geek if you'd like to chat and compare games. *wags* I love talking with other board game players.

Also Puzzle Strike looks great. Somone in JC has Castle Ravenlo...errr..the Castle in the Land of Mist, but he won't be at many events, so if you want to bring that, it'd be cool, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    At this point in time, I'm making my plans as if I'll be making it to JC, so put me down in the probably group.
    *WAGS* We has a kitty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    There will certainly be a meetup in MD in October. We just haven't finalized dates or anything, because, you know, it's only April. Whether that counts as 'NE' is up to debate, as while it is certainly E, there are some crazy people that consider MD 'south'.
    Wooo hooo

!!IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

Lustrous Steel with Gold pips

I think on the 6. I would rather the custom face be associated with awesome rather than suck, unless it was like a frowny face or something.

I'm a fan of Copper-Steel w/White.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not all that fond of Chessex's blended colors, but of the ones listed I'd do Gold-green or Black-copper.

19. - Top - End - #379

Wait, what? What dice are you talking about? And what special face do you mean?
    The special face is a surprise, but it will be custom made by Alarra.
    Also, I'm not a fan at all of muddy-looking mixed color dice, but somehow I find the blue-gold with white pips captivating. I give it all five of my rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I'm not all that fond of Chessex's blended colors, but of the ones listed I'd do Gold-green or Black-copper.
    Sorry if you don't like the color choices, folks, but I'm not about to put all 73 offerings up here and, honestly, of the ones available for custom orders, you should see some of the ones we veto'd before getting to this point. (Personally, we love their blended colors, so that probably influenced our decision to some degree, but it wasn't all about personal preference either. We also factored in "would probably look good with the custom face" and "ties in to the GitP color scheme in some way" without just being plain old dirt brown.) Look at the bright side. We had planned to just pick something we liked and you'd be stuck with it. Due to our failure to agree on one, you get to help choose.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, so are these dice, like, party favors, or prizes or something? Should I chip in? Actually, I never asked, but what should I be chipping in on in general? I've never been to a meetup, so I don't know the etiquette there. My instinct tells me that the answer is EVERYTHING. But I never could hold on to money.

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Firbolg in the Playground

Black-copper or Copper-steel would be my votes.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!! My preferences:

1. Blue/Gold w/ White
    2. Lustrous Gold w/ Silver
    3. Copper/Steel w/ White
    4. Black/Copper w/ White
    5. Gold/Green w/ White

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #383

Wait, so are these dice, like, party favors, or prizes or something?
    The dice are more of a commemorative thing that everyone will get at the meetup, kind of like the free one you get at GenCon that has GenCon and the year on one face.

Should I chip in? Actually, I never asked, but what should I be chipping in on in general? I've never been to a meetup, so I don't know the etiquette there. My instinct tells me that the answer is EVERYTHING. But I never could hold on to money.
    For the dice, we will be accepting, but not requiring, small ($1 or $2) donations to help offset the cost.

For the rest of the meetup, most of the events will be on your own coin. The one exception is the ropes course where there will be grilling and picnic foods made available. One of the locals can give you a better idea of what would be appreciated (but not required) but I'm thinking it will probably be in the $5 to $10 range.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome! Thanks very much for the dice! So who may I donate to, specifically? Do you have a Paypal email?

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385

Awesome! Thanks very much for the dice! So who may I donate to, specifically? Do you have a Paypal email?
    We'll accept donations at the meetup. You'll know who we are.

Hippie will be the one doing most of the talking and coordinating. I will be the better looking old guy.

26. - Top - End - #386

@Zeb: like Gwyn, I vote for one of the copper schemes...

~PS
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

27. - Top - End - #387

Hippie will be the one doing most of the talking and coordinating. I will be the better looking old guy.
    Fixed that for you.

Ropes course funds are "flexible", but awkward. Much like the dice, we don't have the luxury of catering to everyone's individual preferences. Out of respect we make sure to offer vegetarian/vegan alternatives, but we're grilling burgers and brats otherwise. Other chips and sides are also available, but we will be delegating a "shopping guru" to pick up the food Saturday morning. Cookout is Saturday afternoon, so food allergies and such need to be expressed here so we can accommodate. As to the original question of "cost"... the better the OVERALL CONTRIBUTION, the better the cookout.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

I do not yet have a ticket or specific travel plans, but it looks like I'm gonna be able to make it. I'm just gonna stay in Wisconsin and fly from here instead of going back to Mexico and attempting an international flight. Consider me about 70% sure to be there for now, assuming nothing weird pops up.

Huzzah!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Dice colors, in order of preference:
    1) Copper/Steel w/ White
    2) Lustrous Steel w/ Gold (probably - the picture at the site seems to be the Lustrous Gold w/ Silver)
    3) Black/Copper w/ White
    4) Blue/Gold w/ White
    5) Gold/Green w/ White

It would make more sense to me to have the custom face replace the 1, unless it's small enough to go on the face of the die 6 times. But, whatever.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

I like the blue dice.

We'll be bringing along a couple of games:
    Fortune and Glory
    Miskatonic School for Girls
    Ca$h 'n' Gun$ Live
    Times up
    CEO of Evil Incorporated: "Subjugating humanity for a better tomorrow."