Original post of mine from Redcloak's failed characterization, and what it means for the comic as a whole.

"Well, i was randomly linked here, so why not. Given the comic so far, i expect that the fundamental problem with redcloak's character, e.g, just how mind-numbingly stupid it is to risk your species on a Lich, will not be anywhere near as cut and dry. I'll admit to not having read start of darkness, but i do know that this story is not coalescing around a simple "doomsday" villain, not another ridiculous idiot with no sense of scale who is followed blindly by his mooks. To be honest, that's the best argument there is for there being more to this gamble. You do not focus on bland chunks of xp and create a army of solid religious zealots. This is a good enough world for MAD to have some attempt at being controlled by "rational actors", and Redcloak is smart enough for that. If he isn't, his mook's are.

On that note, can i be informed as to how many enemies you'd need to throw at epic level characters on Xykon's power before conversation of jujitsu becomes irrelevant? The sea of enemies overwhelming those guards points to an upper limit. Honestly, unless goblins genuinely are chunks of xp denied personality and Redcloak is only different for being a villain and knows this, then I'd like to get inside their heads one of these days."

Regrettably, thread necromancy. On the other hand, too good to pass up a discussion. The hell goes on in the mind of those that work for team evil/tarquin/random monsters/azure city etc? What does being a player character actually mean? And whats their aim? They live in a world which i assume to have medieval tech hardlock, magic and ridiculously powerful enemies are a universal fact of life and their are more gods then you can shake a stick at. Throw in identifiable afterlife's and the law of narrative causality and you wonder what people think about.

For one thing, we have the question of how the peasantry are kept from suicide when things get bad, particularly since they're apparently not important, we have ways of easily improving your power in the form of lycanthropy and vampirism which for some reason are not running rampant given readily available xenophobia in "evil" races, a apparent lack of everyone becoming an adventurer, deliberate ascensions to godhood ad infinitum or in other words not having everyone have a gambit pileup all the time. You know, i hope one of these days we explore how humans are seen by the other "good" races. Durkon may not care but i don't see many halfling look alike demons or angels.

In short, they know they're not being properly characterized. What does that mean to them?