New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default City of Ezerin (IC)

Old City Pub
    You find yourself in a pub in the center of the city. The pub is an old establishment, having existed for centuries, and the wear is evident in the wooden walls and stools that you sit on. The bar is full tonight, It's a Friday, the 14th of March. Over the din, you can hear the sound of a lute, as a man plays to the crowd on a small stage in the corner of the pub.
    The weather has finally started to warm, it was a cold winter, the tail end of February was particularly brutal, and the weather only recently broke, making it ok to go outside without a heavy coat. This is yet another reason for the people of the pub to celebrate, as many of the patrons are quite drunk already, and it is but dusk.
    As you sit and enjoy your beverage or food of choice, the pub door swings open. A man, clad in heavy armor, bearing the symbol of the House Skrym, walks in and posts a notice on the door. Without a word or glance, the man walks back out, leaving many to speculate, but few to actually look at the notice, as they are having far too much fun with their drunken revelry.

Now is time for intro's and stuff.

Edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I finally got my ass into gear and loaded up the drawn map of the city.
    Last edited by TheGuitar; 2012-02-25 at 11:50 PM.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

Skrym's sigil. I wonder what that was all about.

Nirallus put down his half-empty pint, his third of the night, and sauntered over to the notice to read it. He knew he had better take a look—he was after all employed by House Skrym—but he had come here to unwind after a long day of grueling mental tasks; alcohol helped with that, and continually turning his mind back to his work did not.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2012-02-14 at 03:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isaac put down his flagon of mead and watched the fellow who had just posted the notice walking past the window. As it often did in these circumstances the man's eyes drifted up into the night sky. Not completely clear, but the moon and a few stars were clearly visible.

Sighing, he stood. His legs both twinged, the pain was comforting rather than distressing, but none the less the warmer weather should at the very least make the persistent ache duller that it had been these past few months.

The young man moved across the bar, his severe limp, seemingly on both legs, made him slower than a man of his age should be and look much more frail than he really was, something he occasionally used to his advantage. Reaching the door he peered at the note, not that he was the only one of course.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Red Eyes

In the far corner of the bar, away from most of the crowd, sits a dark skinned goblin with her head buried in the table. The cold weather has been rather tough, but beneficial to her at the same time; as no one questioned the fact that she wears a scarf wherever she goes. The scarf being her most prized possession, and most beneficial utility in her line of work for her House. Though her jobs as an assassin has dwindled over the last couple of months, making her feel extremely bored.

Noticing the Skrym man walk in and place a notice on the door, she begins counting, and gets to 16 before the man is out of sight. Lucked out this time Skrym man, she thinks to herself, but simply chuckles at her own demented humor. I guess I haven't received any new jobs in a while, might as well check to see what one of the other Houses wants. She'll wait until someone else approaches the notice first, before attempting to read it herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Soren Kirkegaard

Sitting, as per usual, at his spot, near the door, Soren orders another flagon of Shirley Temple. A man's man's drink if he should say so himself. Drink ordered, he ritually cranes his head taking in the sights and sounds he so lovingly enjoys. He spots the many attempts at wooing and chuckles. Though growing up sheltered in the lab he knew about Ezerin's women and their one thousand ways of saying no -- with only a few meaning yes. But, wondrous day, Soren also spots a rarely seen acquaintance. He speaks up.

"'Lo Pontius! Your women still fat?"

Soren receives a solemn glance and a barely heard response. She's not fat she's pregnant...again. Soren at that laughs heartily along with his near by bar compatriots. While laughing he spies a notice on the door. He grunts and asks any one near the door what the notice says.
    Last edited by Murillio; 2012-02-14 at 06:59 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Dressed in warm casual wear, a tall hawkish man pushes the door open. Quickly scanning the room and notices all the regulars: the Alchemist and Oracle he spots quickly enough, although the goblin in the dark corner hid herself well enough.

Herlan is about to make a bee line to the bar but spots the notice on the door as it closed.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The notice reads:
    Help needed. There has been a small infestation of creatures in a crypt belonging to the House Skrym. Please come to House Skrym for details tomorrow at 10am sharp. No latecomers will be accepted. Reward will be discussed on arrival.

The emblem of the house sits at the bottom as a signature.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Approaching from behind, she tugs on the human bard's coat.

"What do those Skrym people want?"

Wearing a skull helm, white gloves, a top and shorts, and a white, long fur scarf; she does seem a bit under-dressed for the recently cold weather as the dark grey skin of her face, arms, legs, and stomach are fairly exposed. Most of her face is hidden behind the scarf partially covering her chin and jaw, with the helm and her hair covering the rest of her face; yet her deep crimson eyes are quite visible.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan read the notice and was about to head to the bar when Red Eyes caught him. Once out of the shadows she was easy to spot with what she wore. He looked down at his infrequent informant. She always had an ear to the seedier side of things.

"Not sure. But it must be something if they want outside help. Let me get a drink."

Moving to the bar he orders a flagon and asks the barkeep if he might have heard of any problems from his Skrym patrons.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The barkeep gets you your flagon and grunts, Sorry son, aint heard about any problems in Skrym. That what that gent posted about?

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ellifain Everlight

I had been at a table by myself sipping some wine. I never had to worry too much about people bothering me. Even drunk most were downright scared of me, though not for anything I had ever done. Though I knew why, I had been with my people for a few years when I was younger. I have never been more frightened in all my years since.

That was before Skrym though, and a lot had changed since then.

Sitting there, I noticed as one of my house brothers entered the pub. If he had seen me, it didn't show. He was probably one who still distrusted me. I was always working to get their trust. If I couldn't get my own brothers to trust me, how could I get my people to. Leaving a notice on the door, he exited as quickly as he had come.

I noticed a few people heading towards it, most notably the strangely clothed goblin. Setting down my empty wine glass and putting my shield with the skrym symbol blazoned upon it, I headed to find out what my brother had put on the door. As I walked up, I heard the goblin and another person talking on the side. Paying them little attention, I scanned the notice.

House Skrym was looking for outside help? That was unusual, normally they would just send me. Might as well go in the morning, the more I helped, the better my relations with them could become. Turning back away from the door I headed back over to my table. I would have one more drink before heading back home.
    Anwen Larlail, Elf Bladesinger - Heroes of New Neverwinter

Ellifain Everlight, Drow Paladin - City of Ezerin

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Soren Kirkegaard

Not receiving any sufficient answer Soren gets up with a slightly over dramatic sigh. He takes the few steps needed to get to the notice.

"'Scuse me lads. Just wanting to read the notice."

After reading it over twice Soren nods his head. Another chance to help House Skyrm has presented itself. Soren shall eagerly take on this task. After all he did receive what was supposed to be a mass memo, supposedly to those under the employ of House Canis, stating that garnering favor from House Skyrm doesn't involve drinkiing members under the table. Strangely he hasn't found any other members with this memo. Turning his attentions upon the small crowd gathered around the post Soren asks.

"Any of you lot coming out tomorrow?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Red Eyes

"If I'm bored, I guess I'll help out those silly Skrym, present company excluded."

She snickers and walks out into the streets, almost vanishing into the shadows.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Unless anyone can beat a Stealth Check of 33 35?
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-02-15 at 10:35 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Isaac Hawking

Isaac read over the notice and realised that he disliked the idea of trawling around a crypt. Underground areas set him on edge anyway, but the 'infestation of creatures' was what caused him pause. His particular skill set was not exactly suited to battling the undead, which he assumed the note referred to. Nonetheless, the gold would come in handy for his studies and it looked as if there would be others involved.

Drumming his fingers on his breastplate he nodded slowly at Soren, he'd seen him around the guild when he was still studying, but knew him little, other than by vague reputation. "Ah, why not. I've never been one to turn down a little excitement." He grinned crookedly and hobbled towards the bar for a refill on his mead.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuitar View Post
    The barkeep gets you your flagon and grunts, Sorry son, aint heard about any problems in Skrym. That what that gent posted about?
    Herlan takes a drink and drops a coin. "Yup, SKrym wants outside help with something. Know where those guys hang out in town?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As the goblin vanishes into the night, Issac returns to his seat. The bartender says to Herlan Well, mostly 'round the house grounds I s'pose, though there's some place outside the city they go sometimes, but I just assumed it was the pantheon.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Soren Kirkegaard

"Ah, grand deal. Grand deal little one."

Before he could say anything else the little one had scurried off. Perhaps later he could ask why her laugh sounded like the rhythmic snapping of violin strings. If she came. Scratching his head a familiar face answered his query. He had seen Isaac around House Canis events. He'd just never had the opportunity to work with the fellow -- nor does he know much about him.

"Mm hm! Well said brother. Excitement is indeed a tempting mistress."

Seeing Isaac hobble away Soren looks out the window to gauge the time. He thinks to himself that he'd better get home. Best to wake up and be an hour early than an hour late. He bids farewell to some minor bar compatriots before heading home.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

The barkeeps answer was he had expected. Members of Skrym were a secretive lot. Maybe with luck there might be someone of Skrym here. Herlan looks back at the door and finds Red Eyes gone.

Making best of what he can, Herlan makes his way through the room looking for anyone who might bear the emblem of Skrym

OOC: Is Ellifain or Nirallus wearing anything that might show they are from Skrym?
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-02-15 at 05:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nirallus does not, but I'll have to ask if Ellifain does.

Celestin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does Ellifain have any overt symbols of the house Skrym on her? Like on her shield or her armor

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Nirallus Uthorin

Niro couldn't figure out why House Skrym would solicit help in this fashion. As one of the more secretive Houses, why not use its own armsmen to deal with this? The infestation couldn't be that urgent a threat, or else they wouldn't wait until late the next morning.

He decided to head back there and find out what was going on, before every sellsword in the city descended on it in the morning.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Athaleon
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you approach the grounds of house Skrym, a guard greets you. Upon entering the mansion, it is empty, and try as you might, all those who are there seem to be deep in slumber, and anyone awake isn't there. You will have to wait until the morning to find out why the house has outsourced this job.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan spots the dark elf with Skrym emblem on her shield. "Excuse me, you're from Skrym. Know anything about this infestation?" Herlan asks. With a clean motion he pulls the length of his long coat out of the way as he sits down.

OOC: Is Ellifain wearing armor?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, she is, unless she's said she isn't, but as far as I know she is.
    Last edited by TheGuitar; 2012-02-16 at 12:41 AM.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ellifain

I had been about to get my last glass when a hawkish looking man came up to me.

"Excuse me, you're from Skrym. Know anything about this infestation?"

How unusual of a night this was becoming. First with Skrym out-sourcing, then with a person not of my house openly starting conversation with me that didn't revolve around my twisted heritage.

"Sadly no, I had no idea about any infestation. Nor do I know why they are out-sourcing this job. Normally the less favored of our house end up doing the menial or semi-dangerous work."

OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes Ellifain is wearing her armor. It is comforting to have the protection, especially when she is going to a place where people could get wasted and lose their common sense and attack someone due to something out of that person's control

25. - Top - End - #25

Isaac Hawking

Interest in the note seemed to be waning slightly. Those that were interested had digested its contents and were now discussing it or had left, presumably for an early night.

'10am sharp'

Isaac drained his flagon of mead and stood. Nodding to the few acquaintances he had within his favourite drinking hole and left. Savouring the cool night air as it hit him he once again turned his eyes to the night sky.

"Couple of hours of stargazing before going to bed can't hurt" he muttered more to himself than anyone who may have been within earshot. With that he strode off into the night towards his lodgings, wondering if he'd be able to catch a glimpse of that strange blinking, travelling star he'd been observing recently.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan nods. He understood that secrecy the houses kept, especially Skrym. It was unfortunate that she didn't know more. Whatever the infestation was it was more than just a infestation that worried Skrym.

Deciding to change tactics, Herlan taps the shield with his long finger, "So is it a Drow custom or a fashion statement to wear your armor opening? Don't tell me you don't have other, more comfortable clothes?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Nirallus

Might as well get to bed then, so I can be here first thing in the morning.

A job like this was simple mercenary's work, but Niro found himself anticipating it eagerly. He had been shut in with books for far too long, and some good old-fashioned swordplay would get the juices flowing again.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Niro will retire for the evening. If nothing happens to him in the intervening time, he will head back to House Skrym as soon as he finishes preparing spells.

Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
    Level 1: Color Spray, Shield, Reduce Person
    Level 2: Glitterdust

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ellifain

"So is it a Drow custom or a fashion statement to wear your armor opening? Don't tell me you don't have other, more comfortable clothes?"

I almost didn't stop from laughing, but I wasn't able to repress the smile. I wondered if he was actually curious.

"It is not a Drow custom or a fashion statement to wear armor, or at least not plate armor. Most women's fashion for the drow revolve around for the powerful wearing as little as they can. Wearing too much is in their eyes a form of fear."

"So no, my choice in wearing my armor comes not from my people. I feel more comfortable in my armor than without it, and I have found people to sometimes have issues with my heritage. So it is more sensible for me to concern myself with protection over fashion and comfort."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

The thought of a whole society of half naked elven women brought a slight curl to his lips.

"So you don't trust the city watch to do their job? I can't say I blame you." Herlan said with a quick drink.

"Tell me what is it like to live under a Skrym roof?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

OOC

Spoiler
    Show

Just some busy work in the morning.

Prepping Extracts
    Shield
    Cure Light Wounds
    Enlarge Person
    Comprehend Languages

Alchemical Allocation
    Selected Boosted Accelerate

Once the extracts are prepared Soren shall use the Alchemical Allocation extract then drink the Potion of Greater Magic Fang +5. After drinking it he'll spit it out as a free action still gaining the potions benefits.

I'll apply the effects to my left hand so that when Soren mutates with Feral Mutagen the effects will still apply.

The effects should last 20 hours x 2 (due to Extend Potion)