New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

Kaim

Kaim leans against the wall and slides down, staring at the passageway the creature came from. "I'll cover the first watch, i never did sleep much in the first place."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isaac Hawking

Isaac sat down heavily. He winced slightly at the pressure on his legs, but he was exhausted and paid little heed to it. "Uh, I'll take second watch. Wake me in a couple of hours." He had no sleeping mat or even his backpack to rest his head on, he simply curled up on the floor and tried to drop off. This day had gone on long enough.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Red Eyes

Once everyone is done fixing their camps,

"I'll sleep for now."

Red Eyes climbs a tree and decides to sleep there for the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As everyone settles in for a rest, Kiam takes the watch. The woods around the crypt are full of the usual noises, but nothing comes from inside. Soon, it is Issac's turn, and Kiam wakes him. Issac finds more of the same until it's time to wake Herlan. Finally, Herlan sits and watches a peaceful sunrise, as the night proves to be a safe one.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, morning time! Everyone heals 4hp and gets spells and stuff back.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan

Once everyone is awake and ready he asks, "do we press on or do we go back and re-equip, now that we know what things we are facing."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Red Eyes

From her perch,

"Considering the place is filled with things I can't kill effectively, and we lost our best person for dealing with them, I suggest we head back for at least more holy water. I don't think the ring or the undead are going anywhere seeing as we stopped the potential Shadowapocolypse and all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan

"Yes, and I'm not sure how effective what I have is against these creatures."

8. - Top - End - #458

Isaac Hawking

The seer shrugged. "My magic is virtually useless, and as it stands I'm still too weak to wield my weapon" he gestured at the morning star resting on the ground "although, to be honest, without more Magic Weapon Oil, it's also completely useless against the things. So, I guess I'm voting for returning to resupply."

OoC
    Spoiler
    Show

We also get a point of Strength back for resting if we lost any, right?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea, anyone who lost strength also gets a point back. Also, unless meemaas or Nirallus' characters have objections, I'll probably get you guys back to town. Just gonna wait a bit to see if they say anything contrary.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Nirallus

"I'm spent. Let's get back to town and rethink our next attempt."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    no complaints going back.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The group begins their travel back, the sun is high and it's a clear day when you finally reach the gates to Ezerin. The guard welcomes you as you enter, and you find the city bustling.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, stock up

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Nirallus
    "Meet back here in, say, two hours?"

Nirallus first heads for the temple that generously donated the Holy Water before, and obtains as many vials as they can provide (up to four vials per party member). He then makes his way to the market and heads straight for his usual mage suppliers. First thing on his mind was an Ioun Torch, which he wished he had the presence of mind to purchase in the first place. Conventional torches tied up his other hand, and he'd need it for spellcasting. Some other odds and ends for his component pouch, and some more trail rations, rounded out his shopping list.

Spoiler
    Show

Nirallus will have prepared his spells that morning:

L0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Arcane Mark
    L1: Shocking Grasp x2, Shield
    L2: Glitterdust

As for his shopping, the Ioun Torch, Waterskin, and Trail Rations together come out to 80g as listed in the book.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2012-06-25 at 09:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan

He went back home and gather several flasks of lamp oil he used to read at night. Then went to purchase two vials of alchemist fire. It was all he could afford right now.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Kaim

Kaim realized the night before he had forgotten to pack up his essential equipment, expecting his trip to only be a quick thing. Now that he had decided to throw his lot in with this group, he feels he needs to stop by his own home and collect some gear for extended trips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Retroactive shopping from character creation, fluffed as in the house.

Bedroll, his own Ioun Torch, and his flint and steel for fire. 76gp 1sp total. Would be collecting Holy water too, but Kaim has seen that his weapon served him just fine.

16. - Top - End - #466

Isaac Hawking

When the group got back to civilization, only one thing was on Isaac's mind. He needed the skills of a healer. Those Shadow creatures had sapped so much of his strength, even now he found his every action sluggish, as if his limbs were tied to lead weights. He bid his fellow travellors a temporary goodbye and made his way to the biggest temple in the City, with the intention of bartering for some kind of restorative magic.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everyone but Issac
    Spoiler
    Show
    All your wares are purchased and retrieved with little hassle.

Issac
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you enter the Temple, a priest with the emblem of an angel with the sun rising behind her greets you. Welcome, to the temple of Sarenrae. He says.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

18. - Top - End - #468

Isaac Hawking

Spoiler
    Show

Isaac smiled warmly at the priest and extended a hand in greeting "Thanks, and good day. I'm afraid I'm here to ask a favour of your order. I fought a shadowy creature yesterday, more or less, but didn't manage to escape unscathed. It drained my physical strength away when it touched me. I'm not injured, other than for that but, could you help me brother?"

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jack
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cleric looks at you and smiles. I should be able to help, it will cost about 60 gold however.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

20. - Top - End - #470

Isaac Hawking

Spoiler
    Show

Isaac's smile broadened "60 goldpieces? Heh. Very reasonable. I've only got 30 on me though. If you can accept the word of a stranger I will return to pay the balance within two days. Otherwise I can give you a bottle of holy water, which you may or may not want to sell on to recoup your costs."

Diplomacy (d20+13)[30]

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The priest takes a moment to consider, but is unable to answer as a tall dark-skinned woman in bright garb walks over. Do not worry, she says, we will take care of you, for no charge.
    The priest looks at her incredulously, she looks back at him. Is there a problem, brother Syvens?
    No. He says meekly and walks away. From there you are lead into a small room where the priestess begins summoning her magics to heal you.

OOC: You're now at full strength.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

22. - Top - End - #472

Isaac Hawking

Spoiler
    Show

Isaac followed the woman without a word, something about her manner put him off his usual outgoing self momentarily. He recovered by the time they reached the small room and as she was working the seer spoke. "Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for this, but what's your angle here? I've lived in the city long enough to know nothing comes free. Especially" he hesitated slightly, part of him wanting to avoid insulting the woman, but he continued none the less "from the clergy."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Jack
    Spoiler
    Show
    All things in time, the priestess replies, Just know that for now, it is important that you and your group finish what they have started.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's anything else anyone wants to do while in the city, whether it be drinking or seeking someone out, let me know.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

24. - Top - End - #474

Isaac Hawking

Spoiler
    Show

Isaac smiled again but didn't press the issue. He knew how to handle people and when to let things go. "Thanks for this. Hopefully me and my group'll be able to do whatever it is that is so important. I'm sure I'll see you soon, although I sincerely hope it's under difference circumstances. Goodbye."

With that he left, and returned to appointed meeting place.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Nirallus

His newly-filled backpack is heavy with holy water vials as Nirallus makes his way back to the city gate. He sees Isaac had made it ahead of him.

"Anyone else show up yet? I was sure I'd used up most of my time shopping." Reaching into his pack, he withdraws four vials and hands them over. "Four for each of us, just in case. And again, generously donated free of charge."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Kaim

Kaim arrives afterwards, his bag a little fuller, but other than that, as though he had never left. He doesn't speak as he walks past Isaac and Nirallus, moving a fair distance further and leaning against the gate.

27. - Top - End - #477

Isaac Hawking

Seeing he was the first to arrive Isaac stood and waited. He would have preferred it to be night, at least then he could have gazed up at the stars, but he kept himself amused by instead people watching.

It didn't take long for the first of the others to begin returning, he took the offered vials gratefully and stashed them about his person. "Thanks man. The churches are being generous." He did not elaborate with his own story but instead turned the conversation to the job "you ever fought any undead before?" As he spoke Kaim wandered past without saying anything, Isaac chose not to disturb him if he wanted to remain alone for now.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Herlan

The young man rush to meet the others. "Gentlemen, are we all stocked up? I have several jars of lamp oil and two vials of alchemist fire for any more zombies."

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The group gathers waiting for it's last two members to appear. After a bit, a visibly shaken Soren comes up to the group. He says, I don't think I can go back there... I just found out my sister... I just... I have to go. And with that he re-enters the city. As far as Red Eyes, she seems to have simply melded into the stone, and despite being a goblin, would probably be terribly difficult to find. Only the four of you remain.

However, you begin your trek back to the crypt. The trip takes slightly less time, as you've been down this path a couple times. Some goblin carcasses still remain from your battle, and as you reach the crypt at about noon, you find it much the same as it was.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow... didn't realize we were down to four. But yea, you guys are back in the main room of the crypt. There is the door to the right, which you've been through. and the left and center.

PC Registry

Games I'm DMing

Games I'm in:

30. - Top - End - #480

Isaac Hawking

"Not sure about you guys, but I reckon we should scout this place out a bit more before facing whatever in the hells that thing was back there."

Isaac pointed at the right hand door.