Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 505
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Kiam swings again, but this time the Shadow is ready, and it dodges the attack with ease.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    miss, and nothing provoked an AoO.


    Battle Map

    Jack Decouer's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jack DeCoeur's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Isaac Hawking

    "Damn." Isaac spoke to the newcomer without his eyes leaving the closest Shadow. "Bit of trouble, yeah."

    He lifted his arm, the morning star speciaifcally weighted for his very needs no longer the precise instrument he was used to. It felt like a lead weight. At this point there was little he could do though. With a superhuman force of effort he raised his arm as high as it would go and shoved the weapon forward at the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack Roll on nearest Shadow (E10) [roll]d20+2]/roll] edited from OoC thread d20+2 = 16
    Damage (d8-2)[4]
    Last edited by Jack DeCoeur; 2012-04-05 at 04:48 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Issac struggles but manages to swing his morningstar at the shadow, striking it and tearing some of it's essence along with it. The creature howls in pain. The other shadow, slinks away from ellfiain's limp body and attacks Herlan. Herlan however, see's it coming, and easily steps out of the way of the attack.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow misses it's attack. Issac hits the other shadow for 2 damage.


    Battle Map

    Red Eye's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Red Eyes

    Moving a little closer to the battle, Red Eyes will hide behind Nirallus and lob the holy water she had on hand. She hopes the enemy doesn't spot her though...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: 5ft step to [F-8]
    Standard Action: Thrown Holy Water vs Shadow's Flat-footed Touch AC
    - Attack: (1d20+7)[8] Apply any appropriate minuses or pluses for the situation.
    - Damage: (2d4)[4] holy
    - In case of Miss: (1d8)[5] / 2 Holy Splash damage to undead within 5ft of hit area.
    Stealth Check: (1d20+26)[33] -20 for sniping (if applicable) = [13]
    - applying Misdirection for the extra +4 to stealth.
    - using Nirallus + the darkness as cover for the stealth check.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-04-06 at 03:35 PM.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

    Unfortunately, by November 12th of this year, I will be gone for at least 8-9 weeks. Apologies to all active games I am in.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Red Eyes sneaks up behind Nirallus and launches the flask of holy water, mortar style, over his head at one of the shadows. Unfortunately, the flask misses it's target and shatters on the ground, however, some of the holy water still manages to splash itself onto the shadow. Some of it also lands on the body of Ellifian, and Kiam gets a little wet. Unfortunately, the Shadow has seen Red Eyes and begin to move towards him. Kiam takes this distraction and lashes out at the Shadow with it's chain, striking it, and causing it to evaporate.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The flask does 2 splash damage to the shadow, and as it moves, I used Meemaas' AoO. Only one more left! Although, i'd highly suggest someone roll a perception check on Ellfian's Body.


    Battle Map

    Shugyosha's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Herlan

    As the shadow moves towards him Herlan panics and moves towards his companions. He readies another arrow and releases it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+5)[24] to hit
    (1d6+1)[6] damage
    (1d20+5)[18] crit
    (2d6+2)[9] crit damage

    Yeah, little too busy to check the body right now.
    Last edited by shugyosha; 2012-04-07 at 10:12 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    The arrow fires perfectly, and it strikes the Shadow right on. The creature screams in pain and prepares to strike back against it's aggressor.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice, almost a crit. Definitely a hit for 6 damage though.


    Battle Map

    Murillio's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Murillio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Soren Kirkegaard

    Soren successfully downing one of the shadows sets out to assess the battle field from his position. Noticing the monster by Herlan he decides to chuck his morning star into the creatures face.

    (If I am able to see Ellfian's body Soren will add.)

    "Oi fella's Ellfian's down!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll assume I'd notice the creature and possibly Ellfian's body.

    (1d20+8)[15] Perception Move Action.

    (1d20+5)[10] Ranged Attack - Improvised - Standard Action
    (1d8+6)[7] Damage - Forgoing the usual power attack bonus.




  9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Soren surveys the battlefield, and flings his morningstar at the remaining Shadow, unfortunately, he isn't able to throw it far enough, and it falls harmlessly at the shadows feet.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice try, but could quite hit it.


    Murillio
    Spoiler
    Show

    You notice a small vapor seeming to come from Ellfian's Body.


    Chained Birds
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take note that when the holy water splashed onto Ellifian's body it fizzled and began to smoke.


    Battle Map

    Nirallus' Turn!
    Last edited by TheGuitar; 2012-04-07 at 08:25 PM.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Nirallus

    Recalling that the shadows produced more of themselves using their slain victims, he calls out "Anyone who still has holy water, pour it on the Drow!" as he edges around the group to deal with the last remaining shadow, giving the fallen Paladin a wide berth.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to C9 -> B10 -> B12 -> C13, then make a standard attack with flanking.

    (1d20+13)[19]
    (1d4+8)[11]

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Nirallus moves across the battlefield and manages to position himself near the shadow. With one fluid movement he strikes the shadow with his blade, and the shadow lets out a cry as it evaporates into the dark air.

    The room is quiet for a moment. Then, a retching sound comes from the corpse of the fallen Drow, and the body dissolves into the shape of a shadow.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit the shadow for 5, killing it. Ellifian becomes a shadow however, and we'll just keep the initiative order going.


    Battle Map

    Meemaas' Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Kaim

    Kaim grips his chain tightly, holding his ground, as he begins spinning it around his head and then bashing it into the shadow before him with all his strength.

    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, Perception check, Since Red eyes is in Kaim's eyes a hostile, or will be if he sees her. (1d20+3)[11]

    Attack (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage (2d4+11)[15]

    AoO, if provoked (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage (2d4+7)[11]
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Kaim Whips his chain around as the Shadow appears next to him and swings right through it, tearing some of it's essence with the strike. The creature cries out, surprised at the quick response.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit for 7 Damage.


    Meemaas

    Spoiler
    Show
    You survey the battlefield, but see nothing else out of the usual... for a crypt.


    Battle Map

    Jack DeCouer's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jack DeCoeur's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Isaac Hawking

    Isaac was still struggling under the load of his equipment, but the fight wasn't over yet. He set himself and placed one foot forward. He felt so weak, and almost fell. Another foot fell into place, helping him regain his balance, at the cost of white hot pain searing through the scar tissue in his thighs and calves. One more step, followed by another, taken with the difficulty a newborn lamb may have. Finally he was standing side by side with the erstwhile Ellifian, exhausted, but still ready to fight. No fear.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stagger 5 feet as a full round action to E10!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    The weakened Issac manages to stagger a little closer to the shadow.

    Battle Map


    Chained Bird's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Red Eyes

    Well, I'm out of ideas... The young goblin thinks to herself. She then takes a few steps back into the darkness and decides to scan the room to see if that ring might be around.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move to [E-6]
    - Stealth Check: Taking 10 for [32]
    Perception: Searching for anything resembling a ring or something glimmering in the darkness away from combat.
    - (1d20+9)[21]
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-04-10 at 08:35 AM.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

    Unfortunately, by November 12th of this year, I will be gone for at least 8-9 weeks. Apologies to all active games I am in.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Red Eyes stays in the shadows, avoiding the battle and searching for the ring.

    Chained Birds
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are unable to see anything resembling a ring. You do note, however, that the fighter who's appeared out of nowhere seems to be looking for something, but whatever it was, he didn't seem to find it.


    Battle Map

    Shugyosha's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Red Eyes

    With nothing better to do after failing her attempt at finding the ring, Red Eyes just examines the newcomer and wonders what he is looking for? She does appreciate the distraction at least, though seeing as the ring situation was a personal request for their group, sending 1 guy out of the blue seems unlikely for that House... Though the only member who can vouch for the House's motives is now a soul-snatching specter.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

    Unfortunately, by November 12th of this year, I will be gone for at least 8-9 weeks. Apologies to all active games I am in.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Herlan\

    The young man takes out his last ghost touch arrow and hopes this is enough. Drawing it back he releases at his former teammate.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+5)[15] to hit
    (1d6+1)[7] damage
    (1d20+5)[14] crit
    (2d6+2)[7] crit damage

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Herlan's arrow manages just slices the side of the shadow. it seems to leave a deep gash in it's essence.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    hit for 7 damage


    Battle Map


    Murillio's Turn
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Murillio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Soren Kirkegaard

    "Gah, Cayden's trimmed beard I hate when I miss."

    Soren trots over to his thrown morning star looking to pick it up before dealing with fallen and now risen Drow. Not wanting to get his soul sucked away by this ugly creature he takes an arching J path around Herlan to get to his morning star.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moving - F11 to F14; F14 to D14; D14 to D13.

    Standard Action : Picking up the morning star.




  22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Soren moves around the battle to retrieve his weapon. Meanwhile, the now injured shadow decides to take it's frustration out on the closest being to it, which happens to be Kiam. It reaches out it's arms and passes right through his armor. Kiam feels a cold force spread throughout his body as his strength is sapped.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Meemaas takes 4 strength Damage.


    Battle Map

    Athaleon's Turn!
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Nirallus

    The shadow newly spawned from the dead Drow's corpse made Nirallus shudder, knowing the same fate might have befallen him. Forcing such thoughts to the back of his mind, he approaches cautiously and attacks it again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Android browser hates google docs, so I can't see the battle map. Going to have to act blindly just to keep things rolling along.

    Move adjacent to the last shadow and make a regular attack. If I can get into a flanking position without provoking AoO, please do so and add +2 to the attack roll.
    (1d20+11)[30]
    (1d4+8)[12]

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Nirallus moves across the battlefield, keeping his eye on the remaining foe. As he shifts into position, he sees exactly where he wants to strike and slices right through the Shadow. The magically imbued sword tears it's essence in half, and the shadow dissipates into nothingness.

    The room is quiet. The battle has finished and now the bare room is lit only by the torches.

    What do you do?

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very good, that was a fun battle. And nice last strike there, pretty good way to end combat.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Nirallus

    Once he is sure that no foes remain, Nirallus retrieves his spiked gauntlet from the floor of the crypt, sheathes his blade, and leans against the wall in a weary state. He was still tired out from the shadow's strength-sapping touch.

    "Everyone else all right?
    " he calls to the others. Turning to the new arrival, he addresses him for the first time. "Glad you came when you did. Were you sent here by the same one who sent us?"


    Spoiler
    Show

    Nirallus is genuinely grateful for the help, but he's not about to let a latecomer snatch up his party's prize.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Kaim

    "Doubtful. I was hired to eliminate a pack of goblins that made their camp nearby. When i arrived, i found the majority dead. But by my count, there were two missing. Knowing their nature, i assume the cowardly worms escaped, and this was the best direction to choose to pursue. It was simply your luck that i came across as i did." He folds up his chain, putting it away carefully, as he begins to look towards the way further down into the crypt. "After a few moments to sit down, my strength seems to be failing me. I will be continuing down this path. You and your allies are free to join me. If you so wish." He moves over to a wall, and slumps down, feeling his strength waning a bit.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Athaleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    " We're the ones who did in that pack of goblins. For what it's worth, I wanted to finish the last two off, but the others wanted to spare them. I suppose there was some value in letting them scurry back to their hovels and tell the others what happens to bandits."

    "Anyways, let's find what we came for. If this place is secure it'll be a safer place to hole up for the night than anywhere outside."

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Jack DeCoeur's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Isaac Hawking

    Isaac watched with relief as Nirallus' strike stuck true, disabling whatever foul essence held the Shadow together.

    He relaxed.

    His morningstar slipped to the ground, whatever magic the oil had embued in it no doubt swiftly fading. Reaching to each shoulder the seer hit two straps, causing the heavy shield on his back to slip to the ground with a loud thud. Finally he dropped his backpack too.

    Isaac fell to his knees, instantly wishing he hadn't. The crippled limbs screaming in pain from the impact, but there was little he could do at this point. "Urgh. Yeah, I'm, I'm struggling. I'll be honest. I can probably carry on, but I'm gonna have to leave my stuff" he nodded at his recently discarded items "here. That creature really drained me."

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    shugyosha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Herlan

    He was glad the fight was over, having used all of his special arrows.

    "You," he says pointing at the new comer, "If you see our goblin, don't try to kill her. She's with us."

    Now it was time to look for the ring. The detective begins with a flurry of adjectives to recite the ring's description and the possible traps that might be around.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Careful Teamwork performance
    Everyone gets +1 for perception.
    (1d20+12)[14] perception


    He quickly examines what is left of the Drow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+12)[31] perception

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alwaysland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: City of Ezerin (IC)

    Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ring is nowhere in sight. However, you do see the body of Ellifian has nice plate armor, and shield that looks to be made of some special wood, a sword that has a silvery sheen to it. He also has an interesting looking cloak and about 328 gold pieces.
    One day, this signature will be something. Until then... I guess it will still kinda be something.

    PC Registry

    Games I'm DMing
    City of Ezerin (homebrew)

    Games I'm in:
    PTTA: NWBS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •