New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Quill follows his illusions and the rest of the group
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor and Savin check the ground for trace of blood. Ryxikor only sees mud mark brought in by the adventurers. Savin, who used to track on the prairies, see a small trace that someone bleeding walked across the bridge and toward the face.

Quill moves his illusion as if it was walking up the bridge. When the image of Savin is in the middle of the rope bridge, 3 arrows shots from the face on the wall aiming for one of the ropes. The first arrow misses but the next two hit, cutting the rope.

The rope bridge is hanging on one rope as the images are floating in the air.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-11-01 at 12:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it seems the illusion worked, however temporarily. Excellent thinking, Quill. But it does leave us without a safe way across," Maesyn points out. "We are now without the element of surprise, and it's a certainty there are more traps laid for us farther in."

Maesyn Silverhair

4. - Top - End - #1024

As the rope got cut Quill knows almost half of his illusions have been seen through and let's Savin's and Maesyn's allusion childern plum to there er.. allusion dead.
    The dancing lights the gnome created rush to the face in the wall. on his command attempting to fill all the arrow shafts with light.

Spoiler
    Show
    moving the dancing light doesn't require a action to move.
    I misread the description i thought i could only create 1 torch think with dancing lights so is it okay to have a few more to glog more holes?

ooc: i don't know if this idea works and it could be wastefull so unless people disagree i won't do this

so what if i use my web spell to create a bridge to cross (creating a not sticky version if that's possible.

5. - Top - End - #1025

ElfPirate

Seeing the predicament the group is in, Ryx quickly speaks up, "The quickest way across is to jump. Those who don't make it will have to climb out. The key to this situation..." the elf says slyly, "...is the ring Savin now wears." he says with a smile, "But, the trick is for Maesyn," he says, clapping the bard on the sholder, "If he can place the same spell he placed on the object the evil priestess cast darkness on, a few days back, and flung it out of the room, then one person can wear it and try and jump across, then send the ring back for the next attemp." He continues to think about his plan, "Hmm, those that don't make it, could use a rope to help with the climb out. I have a rope, but no grappling hook." he says, wondering how he can be so unprepared.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara smiles at Maesyn "I do not think we trigger a trap. They were waiting for me. The Lady elf warned then when he decided to use the guard as a pin cushion but did not finish it."

She looks at Ryxikor "I cannot jump with my armor. May be I wait on this side the nimble guys you are can go take care of these things ...."
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Axara smiles at Maesyn "I do not think we trigger a trap."
    "There are more kinds of traps than those that are mechanically triggered, Lady Axara," Maesyn points out. "Clearly the arrows were fired by actual creatures, fooled by the illusion. But that doesn't make it any less of a trap.

"I do have a feather fall spell, but that would only serve as a failsafe to prevent injury should one of us fail to make it across; it doesn't actually solve the problem.

"Ultimately, though, maybe we don't have to cross. I'm not eager to risk my life and kill petty criminals for just a hundred gold pieces. Perhaps these creatures would be willing to parlay. We may be able to convince them to enter into a business arrangement with our merchant friends."

Maesyn Silverhair

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

As the silent image disappear, the group is in the process of discussing the best way to get pass the pit.

Quill moves the dancing lights toward the horned faced on the wall and wonder about creating a web as a bridge but realizes that even magic cannot do that.

Ryxikor like the idea of combined the ring that Savin has with Maesyn ability to move small object remotely to help people cross. His other option is to jump.

Axara does not like the idea of jumping given her armor impediment.

Maesyn proposes to discuss with the dark creepers as a possibility.

In the meantime, 3 more arrows fly from the wall with the horned face. Two of them hit the rope on the same side they previously cut it but do not do enough damages to cut it.

Initiative: Axara, Savin, Ryxikor, Quill, Maesyn, enemies

Axara crouches behind her shield in case the archers decided to aim at her instead of the bridge.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029

ElfPirate

Feeling as though he is partnered with a group that doesn't like to discuss strategy until they are being fired upon, Ryx sighs to himself, glad he is in the rear of the group.

Having realized the trap was the bandits trying to cut the rope bridge, and not a mechanical one the Vigilantes set off, the elf is feeling exposed, thinking the arrows will be coming for them soon. Imagining the two suspect 'merchants' , Coobert and Norry, are probably just outside of the door to the barrow, Ryx yells out to them, "Hey, how would you two like to have a partnership with whoever has taken up residence in this tomb?"

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quill adds to the plight of Ryx.

"If not I hope this isn't the the only entrance. Silks! why don't we step outside and give these elven eyes of your some use in locating the backdoor. Where just targets right now."

not turning his back against the face in the wall the gnome attempts to leave the room with flying arrows back to the rain.
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-11-03 at 02:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

The group of heroes decides to leave the entrance of the barrow and go outside in the rain. The rain is now heavier and the winds have started to blow more fearsomely.

Coobert and Noory, using Ryxikor ghost outfit to protect themselves from the rain look really happy to see the heroes.

Already ...
    done?

As they find out that the group wants them to parlay or cut a deal, the smiles disappears from their faces.

All we want are ....
    Our goods back. We will not ....
    Negotiate with Bandits.
    If you cannot get ....
    our stuff back then ....
    We are doomed. We do not ....
    Want to be partners with them.

In the meantime, Ryxikor and Quill go around the barrow but cannot find another entrance.

Axara is standing next to Savin,waiting for the group to decide what to do. She is cold and hungry.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1032

Quill shakes his head after he hears the reaction of the merchants.

as he adresses them

"Your bandits cut the bridge. So unless you two are aware of a second entrance.." the gnome pauses and scratches his left ear.

"... then you guys are on your own. We don't have the luxury of time to make an other bridge."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

OH no. It was such a .....
    pain to build that bridge. There .....
    are no other entrance that ....
    we know. It is a small barrow .....
    with a secret room where ....
    our goods are. I guess .....
    we will need to find ....
    real heroes.

As the group of heroes is about to give up, the human and the gnome walks back toward their mounts.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034

ElfPirate

After a while of nothing, Ryxikor stretches and yawns, he rubs his belly and walks off to a nearby tree. Sometimes trails rations having an adverse effect on him, the elf's farts can be heard like a clap of thunder off in the distance as he sits back against the tree. The wily mercenary reminisces about days gone by with beautiful ladies off the night, in towns he might soon be visiting, Oh, I hope Charlotte is still working at the Horny Toad, mm mm how I'd like to lay my head on her pillows, he thinks to himself as he leaves a steamy pile of crap by the tree. After cleaning himself off with some leaves, rainwater from a nearby puddle and a towel from his haversack, Ryx pulls his trousers back up along with his leathers, as just then a loud, "OH, to hell with this mission!" can be heard as Ryx looses balance and steps in his own sweet steamy left-behinds from a days worth of trail rations and marching. Finally, after sitting on a rock and cleaning his boot off, now happy to have the rainwater to help in his dilemma, Ryxikor pulls his clean leather boot back on and saunters back over towards the group.

Ryx scratches his belly again and looks up into the sky wondering when the rain will stop, "Great, looks like we'll be sleeping outside in the rain." the elf says, obviously not happy at that prospect. He sheaths his weapons, "Well, I guess we should be off, and look for a likely campsite. We need to make it a good distance from this tomb, I hit one of them, who knows if they'll follow us." he then walks over to the two merchants and holds out his hand, waiting for the return of his rain poncho.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Savin stands, glaring at the discussion. Watching the elf wander off, he wonders for a moment until he sees him drop his pants, then turns.
    As the gnomes talk, he can hear Axara's stomach grumble and thinks to himself
    Bad rations?

He stands their, frustrated that they are about to give up on this once they had made the commitment to the two merchants.

As the two begin to walk away, he looks at the rest of his party.
    "That's it, then?"

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor goes empty his colon by a tree. Savin and Axara watch him and the cleric starts laughing, appreciating the elf lack of care about anything.

Savin confirms that the group changed its mind about helping the merchants.

Well, you are a unique ....
    group of heroes. I hope that your ....
    next quest only involve .....
    ants or termites. May be you ...
    will have the courage ...
    to face them.

They gave Ryxikor his poncho back and get on their mounts and disappear.

Axara looks at the group and says "I was looking forward not to sleep in the rain but ..... " She shakes her head "How much time do we want to put between us and the tomb?"
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1037

ElfPirate

Ryxikor throws his poncho over himself, so he doesn't get wetter, and waits for the others to do something.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, for two people who were moaning 'woe is us' a few hours ago, they certainly are critical of others' bravery," Maesyn comments dryly.

"We ought to put at least an hour behind us, maybe two if we can," he suggests.

Maesyn Silverhair

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

As they start to walk away, Savin suddenly stops, a glean in his eye and a wicked grin on his face.

"You know... he begins slowly "We could just plug up that entrance. I doubt those creatures have the strength to move something particularly large and heavy. Then we just stop by on our way back and see how feisty they are after a few days without food or water..." and the others can almost hear the grin in his tone even if his face doesn't show it.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara looks at Savin with a surprised look "That would be quite cruel but definitively efficient. Where would we find a rock big enough and do we have the time a knowledge to successfully block the entrance?"
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041

"Our archer friends have borrowed themselves a little to well. As a gnome i can't give any true military advice.. but even a rabbit builds two openings in his borrow to elute predators. You will be wasting your strength not wise in this weather." the blue robed gnome speaks as the drops of rain pour down his nose.

22. - Top - End - #1042

ElfPirate

"Do it, plug that hole up." Ryx says to Savin, "You know, places like this and creatures like that give up things that could help us on the way. For instance, I know I'm losing out on some arrows, I only have so many, and I don't think there is gonna be a general store in the swamp for me to just go in and buy more." he says to the group, wondering if they could finish the job quickly, and thinking of how many arrows may be in the tomb, given there are three archers inside.

After a moments thought, Ryx adds, "And just realize, we're walking away from a formidable campsite, I would feel safer sleeping in that tomb, after we kill those things, than I would staying outdoors with that gambol roaming this area, and who knows it could have a mate. I'd hate to have to fight two of them." Shifting some underneath his poncho, Ryx smiles and adds as an afterthought, "And we didn't get any gold from that ape."
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-11-07 at 05:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd be uncomfortable inflicting cruelty on creatures who have done nothing to us... so far, we have only the word of two very rude merchants that they are in fact bandits," Maesyn points out.

Maesyn Silverhair

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

Savin looks at Maesyn "Except they shot at us."

With that he does a quick look around to see if there is anything large enough to plug the entrance of tomb with that the small creatures couldn't move.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara nods and takes a step towards Maesyn "We did shoot them too. And Ryxikor is right about this being a great camp site. Did we even try to talk to them? Although based on the description, they did not look like the parlay type. What ever we do, let's do it fast as it is getting colder and darker."
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quill looks at the group with a open mouth speechless on how much focused the vigilantes are when the merchants just left.

"You know guys..." with a knot to axara "and lady"
    "I hate to do this" the gnome speaks as he puts his assistant on the ground.
    "You guys still want in? I have a plan but if that fails we have to suffer for it"
    he points at his familiar.

"As the bridge is cut. My assistant will climb on the side hugging the walls. I will cast mirror image like i did with the Gombal. This would give her some protection should she been spotted. When she is on the other side she will search for the switch to open the entrance of our friendly archers. She does that we shoot the sparlings out of them. We go inside and attempt to parlay."

the gnome looks at Savin and Ryx "but should my assistant been spotted then don't assitaite to jump to the other side "

27. - Top - End - #1047

ElfPirate

"No, we didn't try and talk to them, we didn't try anything, we gave up quickly and came outside to this nice weather." The elf says with his makeshift poncho over him. "It looked like a t-section, where at that wall with the face, we could go either left or right. I still think Savin's newly acquired ring of feather fall is our saving grace, that'll keep anybody from taking damage if they miss the jump, and Maesyn can cast a spell to bring the ring to the next one to jump, all we have to do is take it off immediately after we land." Ryx pauses for a moment as he reaches into his backpack, pulling out a short stick, "I could toss this over the pit to the wall, it'll fill that area with smoke to buy us some time to pull this off, and I have a few more." Ryx looks over his shoulder seeing the two merchants in the distance, "We could see what they actually have stashed in there." he says with his sinister smile. "We could possible even use the planks of the bridge as a makeshift ladder, if the other rope is cut."

Spoiler
    Show

Well sorry, Lt, I was itching to post and we were at a standstill, so i made a post that didnt require anything from another player, sorry for offending, i'll try not to offend too much in the future, too much

Spoiler
    Show

Achinca, this is for you, please read the last paragraph, just in case we go back in.

Jump (Str; Armor Check Penalty)

Check
    The DC and the distance you can cover vary according to the type of jump you are attempting (see below).

Your Jump check is modified by your speed. If your speed is 30 feet then no modifier based on speed applies to the check. If your speed is less than 30 feet, you take a -6 penalty for every 10 feet of speed less than 30 feet. If your speed is greater than 30 feet, you gain a +4 bonus for every 10 feet beyond 30 feet.

All Jump DCs given here assume that you get a running start, which requires that you move at least 20 feet in a straight line before attempting the jump. If you do not get a running start, the DC for the jump is doubled.

Distance moved by jumping is counted against your normal maximum movement in a round.

If you have ranks in Jump and you succeed on a Jump check, you land on your feet (when appropriate). If you attempt a Jump check untrained, you land prone unless you beat the DC by 5 or more.

Long Jump

A long jump is a horizontal jump, made across a gap like a chasm or stream. At the midpoint of the jump, you attain a vertical height equal to one-quarter of the horizontal distance. The DC for the jump is equal to the distance jumped (in feet).

If your check succeeds, you land on your feet at the far end. If you fail the check by less than 5, you don’t clear the distance, but you can make a DC 15 Reflex save to grab the far edge of the gap. You end your movement grasping the far edge. If that leaves you dangling over a chasm or gap, getting up requires a move action and a DC 15 Climb check.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara suddenly looks at the elf and the gnome with a surprised look.

"These are excellent ideas. I honestly think that we are likely to be fatigued if we spend a night in this weather without protection from it. It is too bad we did not ask the merchants for a description of the Tomb. We would have an idea of the layout. Too late now. So what do we do? Send the weasel? Use the featherfal jumping technique? Use a smokestack? Talk to them?"

She then go and gently punches the elf in the shoulder. "I know you already proposed that and I shut it down. I was dense. I owe you one!"
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm no fan of this weather, either, but I don't know that it's a good idea to go evicting people from shelter just because we want to stay dry," Maesyn points out. "If you think we can negotiate a truce, I'm all for it, but I'd need a way to keep them from attacking me until I had a chance to make our case."

Maesyn Silverhair

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

As the rain doubles in intensity, the group reconsiders spending another night in the wild. Maesyn’s idea is to parlay. Savin’s idea is to bury the dark creepers inside. Ryxikor’s idea is to jump and use the feather fall ring to avoid damages. Quill wants to send his weasel to do reconnaissance. Axara has no idea at this point. She wants to get out of the rain and out of her drenched clothes.

Quill put a spell on the weasel and two more appear, two of them being fakes. All 3 of them enter the tomb and do not generate any arrow shot. It just look like a family of weasel finding refuge away from the rain. The familiar tells Quill what she sees.

The bridge rope is just hanging by one side, and crossing it would require hanging on the rope and moving around. The three weasels cross the bridge without problem. They take a left at the horned face on the wall and find a corridor. They go down, take a right, see a pitch dark room on their left and 3 more corridors. They go straight and take a right and follow another long corridor. Finally, they take another right and arrive at their starting point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will post map on Obsidian later
    Spoiler
    Show