Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 2463
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun stands up throws his backpack over his shoulder and takes one step.

    After a short pause he rememberer he forgets something. The Dwarf grabs the key located in Fembrys seized belongings.

    Not waiting for any response he turns toward the priest "Mind if I borrow this?" and walk toward the northern room.

    And hopes to find a keyhole in the door his sister used. With luck he turns the key and opens the door.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun grabs all 3 keys he took of Fembrys and approach the northern door. To his surprise, the door does not have a lock but is barred from the other side.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ooc: what is the door made of?

    plus how is the quality of the stonework in this room? plus can my dark vision see how the statues look in the shadow


    Mordiun mumbles a curse. As he throws his arms in the air in frustration. He starts to pace up and down.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn gives up on Fembrys for the time being. He heads to help Mordiun, but on his way there he stops by to see how Ryxikor is doing. "Have you found anything that might give us a clue what was going on here?" he asks the Elf.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborosi View Post
    ooc: what is the door made of?

    plus how is the quality of the stonework in this room? plus can my dark vision see how the statues look in the shadow
    The doors are iron reinforced wooden barred from the other side.

    The statues represent undescriptive robbed women.

    The stonework quality is representative of magic being used rather than stone cutting artisan-experts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: ignore this post if it isn't possible but doors barred from the other side.


    Mordiun tries to put his axe between the two doors and tries to break and cut the wooden bar holding up on the other side.
    Spoiler
    Show

    ooc: i know it is a longshot. but i try just incase. the way you described it tells me there is enough to see the barns.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun can put his axe blade between the doors but he cannot do really anything on the bar.

    He realizes that he has two choices. One of try to break the bar and the other one is to hack through the door. Both choices will be loud.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun takes a deep breath puts his axe in both hands. Raises the Axe above his head.

    He pauses as he grinds his teeth "It's a risk i have to take sister" and brings the axe down on the helpless door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: the door screams in agony as it's splinter litter the room.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin sits, having a drink of the dwarven spirits.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Fortitude
    (1d20+9)[1](10)


    We are all pawns but, through hook or crook, we can still do what is right and required, even if we are duped. Come, join us to help save those we can. He stands, a little surprised on how tipsy he became.
    Even though you may have been deceived does not mean you can't work out Mystras will.

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx follows Maesyn and Mordiun, "Not found much, tomes of magic, but they look as though they've been undisturbed." noting the covering of dust.

    The elf watches the dwarf batter the door, wondering if there may be an easier way, but decides he would rather watch Mordiun bring the door down with his axe.

    ooc: which door?

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn engages Ryxikor wondering what the elf found. Ryxikor mentions that he found some old magic books.

    Savin is drinking with Kevrin and is now officially drunk.

    Mordiun hits the door several times, enough to make a hole to allow a medium size creature to go through.

    Zarien yells at the dwarf, telling him that he is making way too much noise for someone so short.

    MArlae opens the chest and looks at the potions and scrolls. She smiles. "This will be handy. 6 potions are identical but I do not know what they are. 3 are CLW (1d8+5) potions. 4 scrolls I do not know. 3 scrolls are CMW (2d8+5) and 3 scrolls are CSeW (3d8+5). "
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn looks at the books Ryxikor found and the (presumably) arcane scrolls that Marlae found and tries to identify them.

    ((OOC: Will cast read magic if needed.))


    Maesyn Silverhair

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun draws his light mace, throws some dirt in the air and heads down the door. As silent and unseen as he possible can be after the noise he scouts a head stopping at the first hints of trouble.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Longstrider
    Hide (1d20+6)[16]
    Move Silent (1d20+6)[10]
    Listen (1d20+5)[6]
    Spot (1d20+7)[27]

    ooc: walking at half speed for no penalty (hide and MS had a -1 penalty for the chainshirt

    crossing fingers.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx watches as Maesyn looks over the books and scrolls. The elf, never wanting to miss out on a good opportunity, go back for the spirits and brings the bottles back, setting them down next to the chest, "We might be able to get something for these, or at least celebrate with them once this strange situation gets figured out." he says with his wry grin.

    At one point, Ryxikor looks up to just catch Mordiun heading through the opening in the door he just made. Ryx heads over to the door, curiosity getting the best of him again, and peeks through the dwarven axe-made hole, to see what he can see or hear.

    spot: (1d20+2)[21]
    listen: (1d20+2)[16]

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn reads magic and found out that 3 scrolls are lesser restoration and 1 scroll is remove disease.

    Marlae looks at Maesyn in silence, making it impossible to find out what she is thinking.

    Zarien yells “Someone stops the dwarf.” When Mordiun is done cutting his hole in the door, Zarien yells “Thank you!”.

    Savin is drunk (Temp -2 DEX and -2 WIS and -2 INT). When Ryxikor comes for the bottles, Kevrin stands up. “Nope elf. These are mine. You can take Shan Thar moldy books but the bottles stay.

    Mordiun enters the space being the door he just ruined. It is unlit landing of 15 by 10 with stairs going down. He listens but hears nothing.

    Ryxikor looks through the hole in the door and does not spot anything else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun descents down the stairs. keeping his eyes and ears open.

    Spoiler
    Show
    like the last post. If i need to reroll ask.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun goes down the stairs and arrives on another landing of 10 by 35 feet. This wide landing is flanked by two dark statues at each corner, both apparently carved of coal like stone, roughly depicting a female human. On each side of the stairwell are two stairwells going down. Soft white light spills from the north and south stairwells.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Mordiun goes another stairwell, new rolls are needed
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ((Any ID on the books?))

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    ((Any ID on the books?))
    Maesyn quickly goes over the tomes of magic and realizes that they are old and outdated essays on the nature of magic, written by scholars mostly discredited
    in this day and age. They have little to no value, even from a collectible point of view.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As Savin sits with Kevrin and they tell stories of their past exploits, a sudden pounding can be heard.

    Wotsh in da Abyssh wus that?
    As he stumbles up a bit, he nods to Kevrin
    Come on, I don wanna mish any of da funs... letsss get my shtuff out of my room, jus in case... as he stumbles a bit down the hall towards his room, not looking to see if Kevrin follows.

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Finding out about the books, Ryxikor leaves them behind, the elf is now more interested in the bottles. If Kevrin, is found to be in league with evil do'ers in the this temple, Ryx has no problem taking some of the bottles from him, especially if Kevrin is bound. Ryx looks to the others, "If this one is of no help, let's just gag and bound him tight, and leave him an a dark locked closet, or something, somewhere in here." he says of Kevrin. "Maybe we can even shove the gag in too far." he says disdainfully, staring at the man

    Once Mordiun descends the stairs, Ryx sighs, "Damn dwarves." he mutters to himself, He then looks over his shoulder, "The dwarf is continuing on. Anyone interested in following him?"

    intimidate: (1d20+12)[22]
    just to give it a try and see if he'll devulge any info

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    A visibly inebriated Savin leaves Kevrin’s quarters and returns to the middle temple. He goes to the Petitioner’s quarters and put on his belonging with great effort. It takes him a great deal of time to figure out what part of the armor goes where, which one is the front and what side is up. However, after multiple trials and errors, he finally succeeds.

    In the meantime, Ryxikor try to intimidate Kevrin but the drunken sorcerer does not react. He keeps sipping his dwarf spirit, dismissing the elf.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Savin has established that Kevrin was fooled by the clerics and has divulged everything he knows to the currently drunk warrior.


    Ryxikor sees Mordiun disappears does the stairs and asks if anyone will follow.

    Marlae replies “Someone needs to guard Fembrys.

    Zarien is his usual friendly self “damn elf, why are you bothering me with a disappearing loud dwarf. Who cares?
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-05-23 at 02:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    For a moment Mordiun thinks of marking a statue but lets of on that idea.
    Instead he lays down a single gold coin clear on the left stair.

    He then descents the stairs trying to go unnoticed.

    Spoiler
    Show

    move silent (1d20+6)[21]
    hide (1d20+6)[24]
    Listen (1d20+5)[8]
    spot(1d20+7)[16]
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elf sighs to himself again, looking at the others, as he stands at the entrance of the battered door. Hmm, what a lot of heroes, geez thats a loose term, they're all over the place, and that one is already drunk Ryx thinks to himself. "Wizard!" he says sharply, "You obviously don't know what's going on in this temple, and that dastardly dwarf," Ryx says as he throws his right arm up and points towards the opening, "is off on his own, heading into who knows what." for some reason the elven warrior wonders about the dwarf, perhaps he is reminded of the dwarven wizard, Odlin. "Your help is needed!" Ryx blurts out as he heads through the opening, and expected he thinks, as he makes his way through the opening.

    Once through, he unsheaths the dagger hanging from his belt, and starts towards the last spot he saw Mordiun and searches the dwarf out.

    ooc: since the dwarf passed this way, Ryx moves silent but doesnt bother hiding
    move silent: (1d20+8)[23]
    listen: (1d20+2)[22]
    spot: (1d20+2)[18]
    search: (1d20+6)[8]

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    while still in Kevrin's quarters
    As the elf checks out the books and bottles, and having to deal with Kevrin guarding his stash, Ryxikor, wanting to try the spirits at a more opportune time uses his dexteritous fingers and stealthiness to lift two or three or of the fuller bottles and drop them carefully into his pouch.

    sleight of hand: (1d20+10)[21]
    sleight of hand: (1d20+10)[30]

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn sighs. This is quickly falling apart. The Elf and the Dwarf were their own agents and could do what they liked, but he had a hunch that this barred passageway might hold key clues.

    He confers with Marlae. "In addition to Fembrys, I'm concerned about Kevrin. He's the primary witness who could verify our claims of self-defense... after he sobers up, at least. The Dwarf apparently has a lead on his missing sister, and the Elf looks to be interested primarily in looting whatever he can. Savin is drunk, and Zarien is acting abnormal even for him."

    He sighs. "If it's not too much to ask, can you look after Fembrys, Kevrin, and Zarien while Savin and I head down to make sure the other two don't get into too much trouble?"

    ((OOC: Would a scroll of lesser restoration restore Savin's normal functioning?))


    Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-05-23 at 04:03 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by puffmagicdragon View Post
    while still in Kevrin's quarters
    As the elf checks out the books and bottles, and having to deal with Kevrin guarding his stash, Ryxikor, wanting to try the spirits at a more opportune time uses his dexteritous fingers and stealthiness to lift two or three or of the fuller bottles and drop them carefully into his pouch.

    sleight of hand: [roll0]
    sleight of hand: [roll1]
    OOC: Sorry not allowed. We have move on. Ryxikor is by the door. Plus stealing from an ally is a big no-no for non-evil party. Ryxikor is a rogue, not a thief.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    ((OOC: Would a scroll of lesser restoration restore Savin's normal functioning?))
    Maesyn Silverhair
    Yes. Or any cure spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    For Mordiun ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun put a coin near the north statue and goes down the north stairs. He arrives into a room that is 45 by 25. A flickering, starry light clings to the statue of a woman in the center of this chamber. The rubble of broken statuary, burned scriptures and smashed holy vessels is pilled about the central statue and elsewhere throughout the chamber. Five doors allow egress into the area, in addition of the stairs.
    However, before Mordiun can make sense of this room, he realizes but too late that he is not alone in the room. Two shadow guards appear and unleash their arrows on the dwarf. However their aim is poor and both arrows miss their mark by a lot.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Mordiun engages them, I will need an init roll


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Map tonight



    For the Rest of the Party

    In the meantime, Ryxikor yells at the others to see if they want to follow the dwarf or not. He is still confused how this group works.

    Savin is still trying to understand why the room is spinning around him.

    Maesyn realizes that this group is not much of a group. He wonders if he could use the scrolls and potions Ryxikor found to cure Savin from his drunkenness. He is also aware that he has zero hard evidence of any wrong doing in the Temple and their action could be seen as breaking and entering and murdering. He asks Marlae to watch over Fembrys and Kevrin (who is still in his quarters drinking).

    Zarien approaches the Lathander cleric and whispers “Listen lady, as soon as these guys are down, how about we use some of the cots in the room. I could definitively use some relaxation to release my stress.” He gives the most obnoxious smile one can give. Marlae’s jaws drops and her only answer is a to slap the wizard.
    Shocked, the wizard looks at her before replying :I guess it is a may be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn hands Savin a cure light wounds potion from the stash and moves to follow Ryxikor.


    Maesyn Silverhair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •