Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 2463
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    She turns to Zarien and then to the sound of the battle outside. "If only you hadn't needlessly wasted that spray of colour earlier." She reproaches. "Fine. I'll see what I can do."

    She casts her last spell, Divine Power granted by her domain list on herself, and moves towards the fighting.

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn sees Mordiun falls. The dwarf body rolls down the stairs and ends near the statue, in the bright light. Given the damages he took, the bard realizes that he is likely to suffer the same fate if he continues to fight the creature. He decides to withdraw and ends by the broken door in front of a totally surprised Marlae.

    Ryxikor also sees the body roll down to the statue. Always a practical fellow, the elf decides to withdraw. (on the stairs in G7).

    Savin realizes that he needs to give his allies time and stays to fight the creature. He hits the creature with his spike chain, keeping it engage, ensuring that his allies have time to escape.

    Ryxikor rejoins Maesyn on the other side of the broken door. The bloodied silver elf has been filling Marlae on what has happened in the basement. It seems that the dwarf foolish behavior has cost him his life.

    Now that the creature is not in melee, the two archers unleash another round toward Savin. The first one misses but the second one buries his arrow deep inside the warrior.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -8HP – Currently at 20/39


    The creature moves forward to attack Savin which gives him an attack of opportunity. However, the creature avoids the chain and attacks the warrior with its club like arm. The warrior is hit really hard and he realizes that one more round of this fight will results in him lying dead at the foot of the statue.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -14HP – Currently at 6/39


    Savin decides to withdraw. Neither the creature nor the shadow guards seem to follow him. He rejoins Maesyn, Marlae and Ryxikor in the inner temple by the broken door.

    For Mordiun ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun has no memory of why he is here. It a bright light plane with a huge shining door ahead of him. For some reasons, the taste of a juicy ripe peach in on his mind. He starts walking when he hears a support sweet female voice. “Mordiun, you are forgetting about your sister. If you go through that door, she will be lost forever.”

    Mordiun stops and looks around but sees no one. The voice continues “Mordiun Goldminer, this is Mystra talking. I know you die in the monstrosity they build in Wheloon in my name. Horrible things are being done and my access is limited because of ….of .. of … “ The goddess turns silent as If unable to speak then continues “I have an offer for you. Become one of my followers and promise to cleanse the horrors committed under the pretense of my name and I will give another shot at life and saving your sister. But I need to see in your heart that you are becoming a true follower of Mystra.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun is shocked by the notion he forgot his sister so quickly. As he learns about the price of a new change he grows a bit wary His clan wouldn't agree to switch to a human deity, nor would they agree on a casual abandon nation of his sister. Nor would he.

    He swallows as this isn't a light decision.

    "For my sister I would do anything--"
    the ranger quickly corrects "As long as the choice wouldn't endanger my homeland."

    "But I can't lie as a scout of the Rift I was trained in hunting down magical abomination. I wouldn't make a good priest to your dogma goddess. I am not smart enough to learn magic and the only study i have done is watch enemies movements..." his voice trails of a bit looking at the ground "..and reading on information on abominations together with my twin in the library"

    Mordiun memory wanders of to the time his was a little kid. When he and Meradi sat close together reading books far less complicated to what she reads now.

    His eyes begin to tear as he looks up "I except"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "We should retrieve his body." Ryx says to the others, "Anyone have any ideas on how to attack that creature? It seems to hit pretty hard" the elf states the obvious.

    After a moments thought, the elven warrior moves to where some of the equipment belonging to the priests were, he thought he remembered seeing a heavy mace. Thinking it may be of more use against the construct than his daggers, he moves to collect the mace and return to the others.

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    I agree, we do need to retrieve his body, but we need to deal with those creatures first. I do not know how to deal with them. Except dropping them down a deep hole.

    With that, Savin pulls a wand out of his backpack and begins to rotate it slowly while incanting softly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using a charge out of his wand to cast cure light wounds
    (1d8+5)[13]

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "If we hadn't expended all of our spells earlier, we might have a chance. As it is, I'm beginning to see why this door was barred," Maesyn replies. "I've never seen anything like it before; it does not appear to be a golem or other magical construct."

    Maesyn takes a full defense standard action and retreats six squares away. "What happened to those healing potions?" he asks.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin pulls out his wand and heals himself. He and Ryxikor want to retrieve Mordiun's body but are concerned about the creature who killed Mordiun. Maesyn expressed his concerns too and inquires about all the healing potions and spells. Marlae stands in silence, trying to catch up with the situation.

    Zarien is in a room with Fembrys.

    For Mordiun ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Mordiun Goldminer, I am not asking you to become one of my priest. I am asking him to worship me and what I stand for to help the Weave. If you are worried about the Great Rift, you should be. If what is done to the Weave continues, the whole Realms is in danger. So for your sister, the Great Rift and the Whole Realm, stop the monstrosities being done under the cover of my name ....."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Once Ryx grabs the heavy mace and starts returning to the others he inspects the weapon of it's craftsmenship and of it's creators. He sets the weapon down, leaning it against a wall near the broken door. He then unshoulders his short bow and grabs an arrow as he slowly, quietly moves back towards the steps to survey the situation, and make sure the archers or the creature haven't done anything to Mordiun's corpse.

    HP: 24
    AC: 15 (17 vs any one attacker, if they attack)

    move action: double move to D12
    hide: (1d20+8)[25]
    move silent: (1d20+8)[26]

    He will hide and see if he can see them and what they are doing.

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Savin pulls out his wand and heals himself. He and Ryxikor want to retrieve Mordiun's body but are concerned about the creature who killed Mordiun. Maesyn expressed his concerns too and inquires about all the healing potions and spells. Marlae stands in silence, trying to catch up with the situation.

    (OOC: Marlae was moving forward to join the fight. Just she would have been too far to get there. 20 feet movement speed and all... )

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Madmage View Post
    (OOC: Marlae was moving forward to join the fight. Just she would have been too far to get there. 20 feet movement speed and all... )
    OOC: Once the group withdrew and was not followed by the enemies, we stopped being into combat mode which is why I had Marlae join the group of beat up survivors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    for DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun his shocked by the revelation of the Weave being corrupted. Never studied foreign he fails to see that Mystra herself suffers from this directly. But his sister once told him that the Weave and magic are entwined.

    And the goddess claimed the whole realms had to suffer for it? But still his true concern to take the offer is to rescue his sister. The ranger bows his head in shame realising how selfish it might seem.

    To the nine hells with dwarven honor if the dwarven gods might resent him for doing what he would do. They might just do that. If he succeeds atleast his sister and the remaining Goldminers have a future in where they can curse his name. Atleast they will be save.

    clenching his fist he looks up. "Alright, Mystra I will fight in your name."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin watches the elf depart and looks at the others.

    We should heal ourselves first and see if we can draw those archers off and deal with them separately. Of course, we will still have to deal with that stone monstrosity, whatever it is, if we choose this course of action.

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn finds and chugs a healing potion, tossing the last one to Savin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+5)[12]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "With the dawn approaching, I can pray to Lathander for his aid but until then, I have little of his divine power left to call upon."

    OOC: Marlae casts 3 cure minor wounds spells on anyone that needs it except for Zarien for total +3

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin nods as he takes the vial from Maesyn and downs it

    Spoiler
    Show


    (1d8+5)[8]


    To Marlae he asks
    Do we wait until the dawn? It may be best, I think.

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn drinks the potion and suddenly looks in a much better shape. He gives one to Savin who does the same and regain some colors, but not as much as Maesyn. Marlae uses her remaining magic to heal the warrior.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn: +12HP – Currently at 15/17
    Maesyn: +11HP – Currently at 17/39


    The three of them discuss what to do next. Do they wait for the return of the sun for Marlae to regain her divine magic? Do they keep pushing? What about Mordiun’s body?

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Remember that Ryxikor also found scrolls of healing that Marlae can use if needed


    For Ryxikor ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor picks up the mace that Fembrys used and inspects it. It looks like a regular mace. Nothing seems special about it.

    The rogue does not wait for the other three to decide and instead goes back down the lower level of the temple. He positions himself silently on the second landing and tries to hide. He does not see the guards not the creature. However, the statue of the woman seems to be getting brighter and brighter. Ryxikor feels that the guards have not heard him nor spotted him.


    For Mordiun ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    I sense your hesitation. You are worried about insulting your gods and shaming your proud family. I understand. But this is the price to pay to cleanse this monstrosity, save the realms, save the Great Rift, save your village and save your sister. As one of my worshipper, I can take you from this plane and bring you back inside that tainted temple. It will take time but it will happens. Now given what has been done in that temple, I can only do that once. Are you sure you are ready for such a responsibility?The whole area around Mordiun gets really bright and Mordiun is wondering what is happening.

    OOC: Process takes 10 minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn drinks the potion and suddenly looks in a much better shape. He gives one to Savin who does the same and regain some colors, but not as much as Maesyn. Marlae uses her remaining magic to heal the warrior.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn: +12HP – Currently at 15/17
    Maesyn: +11HP – Currently at 17/39


    The three of them discuss what to do next. Do they wait for the return of the sun for Marlae to regain her divine magic? Do they keep pushing? What about Mordiun’s body?

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Remember that Ryxikor also found scrolls of healing that Marlae can use if needed


    For Ryxikor ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor picks up the mace that Fembrys used and inspects it. It looks like a regular mace. Nothing seems special about it.

    The rogue does not wait for the other three to decide and instead goes back down the lower level of the temple. He positions himself silently on the second landing and tries to hide. He does not see the guards not the creature. However, the statue of the woman seems to be getting brighter and brighter. Ryxikor feels that the guards have not heard him nor spotted him.


    For Mordiun ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    I sense your hesitation. You are worried about insulting your gods and shaming your proud family. I understand. But this is the price to pay to cleanse this monstrosity, save the realms, save the Great Rift, save your village and save your sister. As one of my worshipper, I can take you from this plane and bring you back inside that tainted temple. It will take time but it will happens. Now given what has been done in that temple, I can only do that once. Are you sure you are ready for such a responsibility?The whole area around Mordiun gets really bright and Mordiun is wondering what is happening.

    OOC: Process takes 10 minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun nods as a reply to the goddess. Ready? How could he be? But to much depends on him to fail now. He waits expecting a world of hurt when he returns.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Savin nods as he takes the vial from Maesyn and downs it

    Spoiler
    Show


    [roll0]


    To Marlae he asks
    Do we wait until the dawn? It may be best, I think.
    She ponders the question. "They'd likely regroup or approach authorities by the time we retreat. Not to mention we will have some difficulty leaving with Fembrys."

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Madmage View Post
    She ponders the question. "They'd likely regroup or approach authorities by the time we retreat. Not to mention we will have some difficulty leaving with Fembrys."
    "At this point, I think I'd like the authorities to see what we're dealing with, at least as much as possible," Maesyn suggests. "Right now we have precious little except Savin's testimony regarding what happened in there, and Fembrys continues to claim to be a Mystran. Do we have any concrete evidence?"


    Maesyn Silverhair

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin's face shows obvious anger as he responds.

    No, this devils spawn will claim whatever he would want. It would be my word against his and he has already seemed to have curried the favor of some of the officials of this city. It may be best to lock the gates and see if we can find any captives that can speak the truth against Fembrys.

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx continues his recon.

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn indicates that she thinks the group should move forward to not allow the enemies from regroup. Maesyn wants instead to involve the authorities. However, Savin indicates that the group has nothing concrete to prove wrong doing and that their action could be seen as hostile.

    For Ryxikor ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor stands there, silent, not moving and seeing that the light in the room is getting brighter.


    For Mordiun ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun Goldminer, it is your second chance. Use it wisely! Mordiun feel heat and light but yet does not feel his body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Savin's face shows obvious anger as he responds.

    No, this devils spawn will claim whatever he would want. It would be my word against his and he has already seemed to have curried the favor of some of the officials of this city. It may be best to lock the gates and see if we can find any captives that can speak the truth against Fembrys.
    Marlae nods to Savin's statement. "I believe you're right. We must press on for now unless it's the intent to return here to gather more proofs."


    (OOC: btw who has those scrolls achinca mentioned?)

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ooc: not much to respond so i take a delayed action
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Observing nothing else, but the strange light upon Mystra's statue, Ryx leaves his post, heading back to the others to tell them of the bright light.

    "There is no movement down the steps, that includes the dwarf. I still think we should retrieve his body soon. Who knows what they will do with it." Almost as an afterthought, he adds, "Oh, I don't know what they are doing down there, but the Mystran statue is glowing brighter and brighter as we speak."

    The elf waits to find out what the others plans are. He places his arrow back in his quiver and shoulders his bow as he looks over the confiscated equipment from the evil-doers.

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "We're all short on spells," Maesyn points out, "but it appears we do have a retreat option if it becomes necessary. If we approach this as a team we may be all right."

    He ponders. "Alternatively, I do have a scroll of invisibility. That might allow one of us to retrieve the Dwarf without alerting the guardians."


    Maesyn Silverhair.

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    I agree, we should give him a proper burial. He fought honorably and...

    "Oh, I don't know what they are doing down there, but the Mystran statue is glowing brighter and brighter as we speak."
    They do not be desecrating his body. says, face growing even redder than when he talked about Fembrys.
    We need to do what we can to retrieve his remains.
    With that, Savin stands and looks at the others, chain swinging in slow, menacing arcs.

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Marlae agrees with Savin that until they found some hard evidence of evil doing, their case is quite weak. Maesyn worries about their health level and the group spell casters lack of spells but remembers the healing scrolls Ryxikor found. Savin is ready to go back, wanting to retrieve the dwarf’s body.

    Ryxikor comes back and indicates that the strange light from the statue is getting brighter and brighter but he does not know why.

    For Mordiun ONLY

    Spoiler
    Show
    ”Mordiun starts to feel his body again. He cannot move his arms or legs but can open his eyes. The light is too bright for him to see anything at the moment but he knows one thing: he is alive again, thanks to Mystra. He got a second chance he likely did not deserve.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Marlae follows Savin, her heavy armor keeping her from matching his pace as the group readies itself for round 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •