New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ryx takes another step back, he sheaths one of his daggers and grabs a vial from his belt, downing its contents.

Free action: step back 5', should be in I5 now
    Move action: sheath dagger
    Standard action: drink potion-cure light wounds
    is 1d8+1 correct?
    (1d8+1)[6]

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Savin keep pressing his attack, letting out a roar like a huge, catlike creature as he continues to batter the the stone creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 12 (Enlarged & Rage)
    HP ~ 39; Current ~ 34+8 temp

Move action
    5 foot step to D-E/4-5

Standard action
    Spike chain attack
    (1d20+10)[1](11)

Confirmation (if necessary)
    (1d20+10)[7](17)

Damage
    (2d6+7)[3][1](11)

Effects~
    Enlarged:+2 strength, +5 reach, -2 dexterity, -1 AC
    Rage:3/7 rounds, +4 strength, +4 con, +2 morale to will, -2 AC

4. - Top - End - #484

Mordiun smiles when his attack connects. He was itching to get to that target when this whole encounter began. Nonetheless he had no time to celebrate, he needs this band of adventures to fulfil Mystra's request and to save his sister.

Is attention turns to the sole creature fighting Savin.
    "Your an eyesore to the goddess of magic! Begone!" charging toward his new target (D2) he lashes forward screaming "Mystra guide my blades!"
    While his Axe and mace are unleashed on the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Dwarven Axe (1d20+6)[3](9) Damage (1d10+3)[4]
    Light Mace (1d20+6)[11](17) Damage (1d6+2)[5]
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Ryxikor, Savin, enemies, Mordiun, Maesyn, Marlae

Ryxikor, glad that Maesyn killed the shadow guard, sheathes his dagger and drinks a potion of CLW.

Spoiler
    Show
    Where did the potion come from?
    Ryxikor: +6HP – Currently at 12/24

Savin, attacks again, sure he will finish the monster but his spiked chain gets caught on a root and he completely misses his target

The earth creature hits Savin with the hardest hit it has administered so far. If it was not for Marlae healing magic, Savin would have been dead a long time ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -18HP – Currently at 16/39 + 8 Rage

Mordiun, asking for Mystra help goes and attack the creature. His dwarven axe misses easiy but his light mace is about to hit until the earth creature moves at the last second.

Maesyn, feeling suddenly like a killing machine decides to attack the creature. His rapier goes through the creature defense and pierces the last pocket of energy the Dark Earth Elemental (DEE) had. It starts shriveling before disintegrating into a puff of smoke.

Silence is now taking over the room where the 5 heroes are standing with the 2 dead bodies of the shadow guards.

Marlae looks at the group and asks “What next and who need healing?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat is over. XP to come later. Good job gang!
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-07-03 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486

Mordiun just looks at the bard and back from where the creature once was. Surprised a rapier could have done enough damage to finish the creature.

Nor realising his presents is more bizarre.

7. - Top - End - #487

ElfPirate

"I need healing," Ryx speaks up, "I also wouldn't mind replacing my healing potion with one of those upstairs in the chest, if that's ok."

The elf then looks to the dwarf, quizzically, holding his hands out questioningly, "How?" is all he can stammer out.

after Mordiun's explanation, The roguesh elf searches the two bodies for anything of value or of interest.

Ryx quickly checks the doors on this level to see which ones are locked. He listens to each door to see if anything can be heard.

listen A2 : (1d20+2)[19]
    listen F1 : (1d20+2)[5]
    listen I1 : (1d20+2)[4]
    listen I4 : (1d20+2)[6]

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ending rage.

Seeing the stone creature crumble, Savin feels the anger leave his body as he collapses forwards, catching himself on his hand and knees. As the sweat drips off of him, he feels the aches and pains the creature had inflicted on him but he had pushed back to the far reaches of his mind. Sitting back on his rear, he is stunned to realize that the dead dwarf was standing in front of him. The dusky skinned human just mutters "By Tempus, how?"

He sits, listening to the dwarfs story, trying to catch his breath, by surprise, shrinks down to his normal size as he sits there.

9. - Top - End - #489

"I probably lost conciousness for a few minutes. I am grateful that you all came for my aid... But I have some bad news." he ignores the stares he gets from his companions. "As we already suspected this temple operates outside Mystra's jurisdiction, these people are trying to disrupt something dear to the goddess of magic. Wave, Wreave, weave aarghh i can't remember the word. But according to her it can destroy--"

The dwarf pauses-- "What you guys look like you seen a ghost."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

"Indeed, sir Dwarf," the Bard replies, even as he inspects his blade as if he didn't realize its power. "You gave the appearance of being quite dead at the hands of that creature. It is good that you Dwarves are so hardy."

He grows concerned, however. "What is this about the Weave? Do you think there's a real danger? Fembrys seems far too inept to mastermind a threat that even the Gods have failed to engineer to any lasting success."

Maesyn Silverhair

11. - Top - End - #491

ElfPirate

On his knees, beside the dead shadow guard, the elven warrior seems to be oblivious to his surroundings, as he looks like a scavenger going through all the pockets and pouches to get anything from tindertwigs to rope to weapons, especially quivers of arrows, he then puts it all in a pile on the stone floor. He gets up and moves to do the same with the second guard. Once all the transportable goods are out, Ryx turns with his hands rested on his thick weathered leather weapons belt. He looks around at the group, not really knowing any of them, Do I actually put my life in this group's hands, he asks himself, then his skeptical eyes fall on the should-be dead dwarf, Mordiun.

"You." he points towards Mordiun, "You shouldn't even be here!" The elf states, trying not to raise his voice. By this time, the fighter rogue, not able to keep still, has started to pace, as the events from earlier start to unfold in his mind, after a few steps in one direction, the flourish of his worn black cloak punctuates his change of direction.

"Well, be here, yeah. But, alive, NO!" he states rather exuberantly, "I watched...." he quickly looks to the others before eyeing the dwarf suspiciously again, "..we watched as your brains were splattered from your thick dwarven skull, Mordiun, is it? all over that wall and floor!!!" he says quickly, not waiting for an answer to his rhetorical question. "I even hid at the top of the steps, with bow readied in hand, incase any of them tried to desicrate your dead unmoving body....and now, here you are, alive and well?!!"

Ryxikor stops abrubtly and turns, showing the agility and quickness only the elves have totaly mastered. Large almond shaped eyes staring skeptically out from under the wide brim of his black foppish hat, "Exactly, who or what are you master dwarf? That after being so clearly gone to the after life, you can now stand here breathing the same air we do?"

Sorcery is at hand Ryx thinks to himself, wondering if he would live longer staying or leaving this group

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

"The elf is right. Though the dwarves that I have known were true and doughty fighters, capable of many feats of strength and endurance... Master dwarf, you were dead, your lifesblood had left you. While you fought valiantly, some explanation is in order."

13. - Top - End - #493

Mordiun shurgs as he looks at the bard. "I don't know, I am neither a priest nor a mage to understand the more subtle ways of the arcane. But like any leader Mystra wouldn't benefit telling everyone about it's dangers. In my dream she felt restrained... perhaps..."

Then the other elf catches his attention backed up by the human warrior.
    He was dead? He only thought the goddess saved him from the brink of dead.
    He looks at the upper stairs and just now notices the trail of blood and gore on every step. Wait was there a statue in this room before?

the dwarf starts to look confused "I... died"

Dwarvish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Beholders loves spam"

"Seems I own Mystra a lot more. I thought she was shrewing with me for a bit... But it's true then." He speaks aloud "I became a follower of Mystra at dead. She claimed she could only do that to one of her followers--"

"Last chance, claimed my sister-- and probbaly the once you looking for won't even make it to the afterlife if we don't stop them"

confused he looks at the bard "Where was I?"

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know," Maesyn replies honestly. "Importantly, you're here now, and it seems Mystra has gone to considerable lengths to maintain that situation. There is more going on here than it would seem to an outside observer, but sadly we still lack any sort of concrete evidence."

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-07-09 at 03:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

"It would seem that gathering of evidence is in order, all though I could use some rest... and more than a few bites to eat. Another one of those creatures" he says as he points to the remains of the stone creature "at this point will do us in. For some of us, again." he says with a bit of a snide grin and then slaps the dwarf on the back before he can become offended.
    "Peace, master dwarf. I was jesting."
    Gathering his thoughts, Savin continues "It would seem, to me, that these three creatures were probably guarding this way for a reason."

16. - Top - End - #496

The ranger looked at Savin with an annoyed look. While he knew the tall human was joking he found it's own dead no laughing matter. He had traded the respect of his ancestors of this second change. Then again he and this strange band of adventures are the only direct salvation of his sister and the great rifts.

But only when they remained alive. The man had a point.

"Agreed, it's clear everyone could use some rest and refection. Don't ask me why but I have some use craving for peaches."

As an after thought he mentioned "Where is the fat one?"

17. - Top - End - #497

ElfPirate

Rest would be nice and needed Ryx thinks briefly, "I've still not heard a good explanation on how one could come back to life after such a fatal blow. The only times I've seen or heard of that is re-animating or other nefarious means."

The elf looks to the rest of the group, "Well of course there are resurrections, but that hasn't taken place here. I guess there's even the most rare, he could be of the divine." He turns to Mordiun and looks at him suspiciously, "Are you of the divine, master dwarf?" Ryxikor asks, with almost a cryptic smile on his face

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

The group is puzzled about the fact that Mordium is still alive. They all saw him died and now he is walking and talking like his skull was never crushed.

After discussing the situation, they realized that it was Mystra’s divine intervention which resuscitated the careless dwarf. The disappearance of the statue made it clear that the Goddess had been involved.

The group discussed what to do next, with some hoping to go back while other knowing that they need to keep moving to find evidence of the wrong doing made in this fake Mystran temple.

As a trained adventurer, Ryxikor immediately goes after the inventory of the shadow guards. He finds 2 long swords, 2 longbows, 29 arrows, 2 banded mails and 2 potions that Marlae identifies as potion of cure light wounds (1d8+5).

The rogue also inspects the doors. The door on I1 west is metallic and rusted. The rest are wooden doors. There is a strong smell of excrements that emanates from the two doors in I1. The rest of the doors are normal and Ryxikor hears no noise.

Suddenly Marlae looks toward the top of the stairs and yells “WHO GOES THERE?

A woman, with black hair and azure blue eyes and being quite attractive to the eyes, points her head. “It is just me, Axara, priestess of Mystra. You look like the band that Tunaster hired to figure out this temple. Although instead of a fat one and a dirty elf, I have a dwarf and a classy elf.

She looks at Savin then stops at Maesyn “Old Man Tunaster did not lie when he says the silver elf was hot. Nice to meet you all. You have left quite a mess upstairs. Why the heck would you gut and bound naked man? And who in the world in the sleeping drunk guy in the middle of the courtyard?

Axara has not moved other than showing her head. She has a smile on her face but her eyes betrays her suspicion.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499

ElfPirate

Ryx is finally able to get his mind off of the dwarf's strange circumstances, when he hears the voice of a newcomer, a female at that. The elf snatches his hat off his head, bringing it dwon in a broad arc, accompanied by a soft bow, his long black braided hair falling over his shoulder, "Good day, Axara. I am Ryxikor Ravensclaw, new to this area, and new to the strange happenings of this temple and goddess." he says with a glance over his shoulder to the dwarf.

"Come down, maybe you could help us figure out who is running this temple and why."

20. - Top - End - #500

The gods are indeed cruel Mystra has send one of her clerics to test him. Is she afraid he might leave? Even in the unlikely case the goddess of magic had extracted the calamity this temple may cause to the world. There was still his sister to be rescued.

"Your holiness"
    he mumbles almost understandable as he eyes the new human with distrust. These same eyes suddenly turn into shock when he hears of a gutted naked man.

She didn't was his first thought. But then he recalled there party was one member short.

The dwarf takes a deep breath before he addresses Axara. "Please tell me that the drunkard is still alive"

He then turns toward the group "Who's idea was it to let the mage guard the prisoner?"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara smiles at Ryxikor but does not move. ‘Nice to meet you Sir Ravensclaw. I hope you understand my hesitation to come down. Tunaster described me a dirty wood elf, not a gentleman elf. So you are not involved with this strange ‘temple?

Before Ryxikor can answer, Mordiun asks a few questions. ‘Well, there was a snoring drunk in the courtyard but he was not fat. And the naked gutted man was not fat either. Nor was his severed manhood.

Axara smiles and still does not move.

Marlae moves up the stairs. ‘Don’t be stupid, Mystran. We are the group that Tunaster hired. A waste of my time if you ask me. Let me see what you are talking about.

Marlae disappears up the stairs. Axara sloly moves down the stairs. Her hair is dark as the night and her eyes the bluest blue one can imagine. She is wearing a banded mail with heavy wooden shield on her arm. Her heavy mace is hanging from her belt and her light crossbow is on her back. Her holy symbol of Mystra bounces on a chest, which covers what seems to be a small chest.

She looks at the beat up group. ‘So what have you found so far? Does anyone needs healing? I guess Tunaster was right. Foul play is at work. Other than killing people, did you find anything to backup his claims?

Marlae reappears and she looks extremely mad. ‘Great job, TEAM. The fat wizard is nowhere to be found but Fembrys has been gutted and dismembered. Kevrin is passed out on the courtyard, sleeping away his liquor. I believe Zarien has tortured and killed Fembrys who was our only possible proof here. Right now we have the bodies of two Mystra ‘priests’ on our hands as well as dead guards and no proof of wrong doing. You guys keep going and I am going after the fat wizard to bring him to justice! And you should probably get this..

Marlae gives what is left of the healing scroll to Axara and disappears.

Axara looks at Savin. You must be the warrior Tunaster mentioned. You were quite impressive in supersize mode.’.

She turns toward Maesyn And you! You are everything the girls at the tavern told me, except better. And I cannot wait to hear your voice. I heard it is quite .. captivating …..
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502

ElfPirate

As the Mystran preistess decends the steps, Ryx tells her briefly of 'the dirty elf'. "Be glad he is not still here, he is nuscance and a disruptance." He looks to the cleric and smiles, then after hearing all the compliments she hands out, damn, this girl's nothing but a flirt, they must have kicked her out of the temple she trained in.

Ryx then moves the equipment near the steps, going as far as to lean the quivers of arrows against the wall near the steps, so they can easily be grabbed if in a rush escaping. "The potions of healing we have collected so far, should probably be divided among the group." Ryx mentions, wanting to replace the healing potion he just drank. He then moves to the northern most door, and checks to see if its locked, he then searches for traps all around the lock and door, finding anything, he attempts to disarm it. After trying to pick the lock, if he is successful, he will slowly open the door while standing at A1

search for traps on A2: (1d20+6)[21]
    disarm trap if needed: (1d20+9)[22]
    pick lock if needed: (1d20+10)[21]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-07-17 at 08:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bard is flattered by the woman's words, but his acknowledgement of her is more businesslike than Ryxikor's, considering the news she brings. "I am glad to have you here, Servant of Mystery," he asserts. "The blasphemies against your church occurring here have been myriad and numerous. Fembrys, the false priest you found, was either fatally delusional or defiantly evil, insisting on his status as a Mystran to the last, even after attempting to raise undead and dominate the wills of our compatriots."

The half-Elf sighs. "Yet even so, we are left with virtually no concrete proof of the misdeeds committed by Fembrys and Shan Thar. The Purple Dragons would see what you saw and immediately have each of us arrested. You should know you are now consorting with individuals who may end up hanged for murder. Yet if you believe Tunaster's story and ours, your assistance may save us from that fate. Can you tell us how you met Tunaster Dranik?"

As Ryxikor pokes around the doors, Maesyn reminds him that he is tapped out of spells for the day and would be little help if they encounter further trouble.

Maesyn Silverhair

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

As Maesyn finishes talking to Axara and moves to consult with Ryxikor, Savin talks with Axara.

With a slight nod of the head he says "Thank you for your words. How fares Tunaster? I would have assumed that he would have been able to send more help than you given that you have a false temple to your godess working towards unknown ends. No offense meant, but based on what Tunaster must have told you and what we can corroborate from the past few days, their workings are not towards what your godess seeks."

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive
    (1d20)[8](8)

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara smiles at Ryxikor ‘ I am not a big fan of smelly dirty men so I won’t miss him.
    When she hears that Ryxikor has healing potions she adds ‘Great. Then I can save my spells for other things.

She listens to Maesyn, visibly enjoying looking at the silver elf. ‘Definitively something is not right here. I cannot really sense Mystra’s presence like I do in a consecrated temple. I agree that right now, you guys look guiltier than ever. If I had not been warned by Tunaster that things are not like they are, I might be on my way to the Purple Dragons. However, a few things ring wrong. First none of the dead priests had a holy symbol of the Lady of Mysteries on them.

She points to her own silver holy symbol. ‘It is strange that the two main priests of a Temple of Mystra would have generic holy symbol. In addition, the thing you fought and the guards you killed are not right. Something is wrong with them, as if they have a dark, an evil print on them. I just sense that there was something else at work here, and it was not Mystra’s doing.

She turns towards Savin. ‘When Tunaster arrived at the Tower of Mysteries at Saerloon, people thought he had gone to the deep end. No Mystran knew about a Temple in Wheloon. However, when it was confirmed that it was built without the Church authorization, they decided to send me to investigate. .

She steps back and looks at the 4 men ‘I might not look like much but trust me, I am not an innocent flower that came out of the nunnery. I have seen and done a few things which would raise the hair in the back of your neck. I might be young but I was not born yesterday.

Finally, she points out to the room and walls. ‘Last thing that make me thing something is not right here is that the person that petitioned and got the temple build, Lady Arthas, does not live in the temple proper. I have never heard of a high ranking Mystran cleric leaving in the basement. Yep, Tunaster was right, a lot of things do not add up in the place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin feels that she is telling the truth.

While Axara talks, Ryxikor checks the door on the North wall. He finds not trap and the door is not locked. He opens the door and find a 15 by 20 feet room. It is full of shelves. The shelves throughout this room are stuffed with tomes and scrolls, but they are kept in no particular order-they are piled in heaps, and as many lie on the floor as remains on shelves.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-07-17 at 10:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn's Sense Motive check on Axara (not that I expect anything):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[21]

Maesyn peers at the jumble of scrolls and tomes. "It might be wise to leave this here, undisturbed. The more things we can leave untouched, the more evidence we might be able to show the authorities. In the event that these reveal sinister intent, the disarray and dust will prove that we didn't plant them."

Maesyn Silverhair

27. - Top - End - #507

ElfPirate

Listening to Maesyn while he works, Ryx hears and understands the issues of not being properly equipped, he looks down at his empty rapier sheath, I would like to have my old rapier, my weapon of choice, even my old magical short sword would be better than only daggers, but we don't have time for such luxuries. You work to flank with me, and opponents won't last long between us.

Ryxikor agrees with Maesyn about the cache of scrolls and tomes and closes the door to the room.

The elven warrior then walks over to the nearest door (F1) and using his same routine, checks for listens, checks for traps and locks, then tries to get past them. Again not standing directly in front of the door, the rogue stands in E1, with daggers in hand.

HP: 24/24
    AC: 15, 17 vs any one opponent (twin sword style fighting)

listen: [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    search for traps: (1d20+6)[15]
    disarm trap: (1d20+9)[29]
    pick lock: (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-07-17 at 01:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508

ElfPirate

listen: (1d20+2)[5]
    not sure what happened to other roll
    also, ryx just 'listens', not 'checks for listens', I don't even know what 'checks for listens' means

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn is convinced that Axara is telling the truth. He also noticed that she might have a thing for him.

The half-moon elf proposes that no one disturb the tome. Ryxikor agrees and closes the door.

Axara opens her eyes real big. ‘Seriously? We are looking for proof and you guys are afraid of a plant?’.

She shakes her head and goes opening the doors. She does not search the shelves or the piles of books but quickly go through the easiest one to grab. This is quite strange. All of these books are basic treaties on Mystra and the Weave, stuff an apprentice would have to learn. These are beginners’ books we would give to someone who is just starting to show interest about learning about the Lady of Mystery. Also, why would they take so little care of books about the Goddess?

The cleric looks quite perplex.

Ryxikor approaches the door in the middle of the west wall. He listens and hears nothing. He looks but finds no trap. The door is not locked. He opens it slowly. Nothing happens. On the other side is 35 by 15 feet hallway where familiar looking statues flank a central path down the wide hall. The hall is dark and it is all his low vision let him see.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510

Mordiun pockets the gold coin he had planted above the stairs. It has seized being a useful landmark.

Still eyeing the cleric with distrust he watches as she searches the shelves. As she commented about the state of the books he somehow feels he is criticised about that. He suddenly breaks his silence.

"Excuse me, princess. But our enemies seem to far advanced to be bothered about scriptures ment for beginners. I take it you also learned of people disappearing around these parts. And one of them is my Twin Sister who is probbaly used to break the Weave."