Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Able to see the pain in Mordiun's eyes, Ryx reluctantly says, "If we need to go upstairs, let's make haste, we need to get down that hallway."

    If the group goes upstairs, Ryxikor will grab another torch from a sconce upstairs, hoping it is another magical torch with an ever-burning flame.

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx will ask Axara if she can identify the remaining scrolls and potions.

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun turns to the cleric "She isn't death. But it feels she isn't fully to the material plain. At the moment I am more concerned about her soul when Mystra spoke to me she had spoken that even in death i wouldn't meet her again if I wouldn't complete this mission. The entire weave is at risk, we should move on."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor slowly turns his head towards Mordiun, "Oh no, not the whole 'talking to gods' thing again." he mumbles to himself as he watches the dwarf suspiciously. Looking to the Mystran priestess, "We have found these," he explains sheeplishly, "and I was wondering if you might have any knowledge of their nature." he finishes as he shows her the unidentified potions, scrolls, and wand.

    If they are not going upstairs, Ryx follows Mordiun down the hallway.

  5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Axara looks at Ryxikor 'I can use a read magic if needed. Identification is an expensive spell that I cannot master, even as a servant of the Lady of Mystery.'

    She looks at Mordiun 'IF she is still alive, we should move forward. Who knows what they have in reserve for her ...'
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The group enters the hallway. It is 35 long by 15 wide. It is totally dark except for the light from the ever-burning torch carried by the group.

    Familiar looking statues flank a central path. The statues are apparently carved from a coal-like stone, and all are rough depiction of a female human.

    There is a door at the west end of the hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin watches the interplay amongst his allies, new and old.
    "I do not know about you, but I've had my fill of statues. Be wary of those." Looking at them for a moment, he continues "Who do those depict?" He stands for a moment, with his chain swinging slowly back and forth.
    "I agree that we need to keep moving forward. If Mordiun can still senese his sister, as twins are apt to, and her grasp on life is tenuous, then every moment may be important for her and any others that live."

  8. - Top - End - #548
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As they get closer to the door with no incident, Ryx's alertness eases a bit, the elf grins slightly as he sheaths his daggers and unshoulders his worn tattered backpack. He runs though his usual routine of checking a new door, always check for traps first. After listening carefully, the elf carefully checks the lock, the door, een the door frame for possible traps. If he finds anything he attempts to disarm it. Then he will check to see if the door is locked, picking if possible. Again he pulls out a flawless supple brown leather pouch, untying the tie in the middle, he unrolls the pouch to unveil an assortment of picks and instruments of various sizes. Using the light cast off the flickering magical torch, Ryx selects two picks and inserts them into the keyhole, prodding and poking until he hears the tell-tale sign of the locking mechanism opening.

    listen: (1d20+2)[19]
    search for traps: (1d20+6)[18]
    disarm trap: (1d20+9)[17]
    pick lock: (1d20+10)[30]

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The group decides to continue to see if they can find Mordiun's sisters and other petitioners.

    Ryxikor faces the door and listens. He hears no sound. He looks for trap and find none. The door is locked but Ryxikor expertise get the better of the door.

    The door is still closed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elven fighter rogue smiles as he's defeated another locked passageway. He meticulously stores his instruments back in their proper places, rolls up and ties off the supple leather pouch, dropping it back into his worn backpack. Ryxikor then grabs a vial from his belt pouch, popping the cork, he downs the contents and drops the empty vial to the cold stone floor.


    The elven warrior unshoulders his short bow and pulls an arrow from his quiver, probably another empty hallway, but smart to be careful, thinks to himself just before asking the group, "Ready?"

    Standing against the wall, on the side of the door the handle is on, Ryx slowly turns the handle and opens the door to see what lies beyond.

    edit:
    Ryx drank protection from evil potion
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-07-25 at 11:57 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The dwarf only knots as he readies his bow as well
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn holds his rapier at the ready and hoped it'd be enough... wishing he hadn't wasted so many spells trying to keep Fembrys and Shan Thar alive.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin stops his chain from spinning and lets it hang limp and quiet. As everyone else nods that they are ready to proceed, he does so in turn, whispering a quick prayer to Tempus. He hangs back at the back of the group knowing he has the longer reach and also knows that he is probably not as quiet as his compatriots.

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor opens the door on a hallway that is identical in shape and size as the one the heroes are standing in except that there are no statues. This wide, utilitarian hall is flanked by several doorways (2 on the south wall, one on the north) and the one on the north wall is particularly large. Two torches burn in iron sconces, one in the north wall and on the south. The west wall at the end of the hall contains a great black circular disc of darkness bordered by deep purple stone.

    As usual, Ryxikor, after opening the door swing to the side (in H9).

    Mordiun takes a peak. He does not see the two shadow guards at the end of the hallway of night (in H1 and K1) until it is too late. They both fire their arrows at the dwarf, catching him flat footed. Mystra must be looking over the careless dwarf as the first arrow breaks against the wall and the other one just scratches him.

    As the group wonders why they were expected, Ryxikor notices an alarm he missed on the door and trigered.

    Maesyn, rapier drawn, stand behind Mordiun (in I9).

    Axara gets her shield up and her mace in her free hand. ‘By Mystra, time to end the charade. (in I10)

    Savin has his trusted spike chain ready as he stands behind Axara (in I11)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Mordiun: -1HP – Currently at 28/32


    As the heroes enter the room, they see that the circle is filled with a void of darkness that emanates cold.

    Please Roll Initiative

    Upon entering the room, roll Will Save and INT or Knowledge Religion Roll
    Spoiler
    Show

    Will – DC 19
    Spoiler
    Show

    If successful, you notice that the great disc borderd by purple stone is a permanent image illusion

    INT or Knowledge Religion – DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show

    You recognize the huge circle as a holy symbol of Shar


    Please remember that check are on the honor basis. If you fail the check and still read them, do not meta game. Wait until someone succeed in the check and communicate the info.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  15. - Top - End - #555
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ooc: Somehow i feel like i am cheating i should take the feat Mysta blessing of arrow deflection.

    Okay just the checks for now incase we won't move freely.

    Will save: (1d20+3)[10](13)

    Symbol what symbol? Int check (1d20)[20](20)

    Initiative: (1d20+2)[3](5)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  16. - Top - End - #556
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    If it isn't bad enough that these humans see in the dark they are good in hiding. To good. As he looks into the room Mordiuns face becomes pale gazing at the symbol. Suddenly it all makes more sense the Chakrams on the false Mystra priest. The dark the lies and there connection with corrupted magic. Shar of was it Tsar. For once he is amazed how much spending time with his sister in the libraries of the Rift had made him more aware of religion then he tough. Recovering he moves to a spot where he has a clear view of one of the shadow guards and fires a arrow.

    Composite Long Bow attack(1d20+5)[3](8)

    damage if hit [rollv]1d8+2[/rollv
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  17. - Top - End - #557
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As Ryx enters the room, he has a unusual smile on his face. As he holds the bow up and an arrow nocked, prepared to fire on those who fired on Mordiun, Ryx thinks of the dwarf. He thinks of how during their first meeting, only hours before, sparked by a simple question from the elf, Mordiun responds in typical dwarven stand-offish fashion, "I am a Dwarf, Elf. I don't know the rites for Elven/Human gods. Nor do I wish to know." Ryx can't help but chuckle now at the thought of Mordiun talking of discussions with Mystra.

    Ryx quickly tries to regain his composure so he can get a good shot off at one of the shadow guards.

    init: (1d20+3)[8]
    HP: 20/24
    AC: 17 (15+2, +2 to AC- protection from evil potion)

    will save: (1d20+1)[16] , +2 to saves- protection from evil potion
    Int: (1d20+2)[9]

    standard action: attack guard Ryx can see the best
    attack with short bow: (1d20+7)[9]
    damage: (1d6)[5]

  18. - Top - End - #558
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elf, Ryxikor, finds Mordiun's situation, and his newfound dedication to Mystra, too much to handle, and lets a laugh slip out as the arrow is launched, causing him to miss badly.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-07-25 at 06:00 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin, seeing the arrows fly, rushes forward while yelling out a battlecry!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 16
    HP ~ 39; Current ~ 39

    Move action & standard action
    moving past everyone to I-3






    Effects~



  20. - Top - End - #560
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Post Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save DC 19: (1d20+4)[8]
    Intelligence check DC 10: (1d20+3)[17]

    Initiative check: (1d20+2)[20]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  21. - Top - End - #561
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 15
    HP: 15/17
    Spells: bard: 0 1/3, 1 0/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

    "Sharites!" exclaims the bard. "I should have known from the beginning. It seems obvious in retrospect."

    Maesyn sees the distance and knows he has few resources to assist this fight. He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a magical scroll, which he reads with a light touch to Ryxikor's arm. He then backs out of the way to let the fighters behind him have access.


    Move action: Remove scroll of cat's grace from backpack.

    Standard action: Cast cat's grace on Ryxikor: +4 to Dexterity for 30 rounds (I think; please double-check my math).

    Free action: Five-foot-step to K10.


    Maesyn Silverhair


    (Edit: changed destination of 5-foot-step, the new map on Obsidian Portal is one column off from the old map.)
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-07-26 at 10:44 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Initiative: Maesyn, Savin, Ryxikor, Axara, Mordiun, enemies

    Maesyn recognizes the holy symbol of the evil goddess of dark, Shar. He pulls out a scroll and provide cat’s grace ability to Ryxikor. He then move 5 feet (to K10)

    Savin yells his warrior cry and enters the room (in I3).

    Rxikor puts himself into a position to shoot at the nearest guard (in I9). However, he misses badly.

    Axara enters the room and ends next to Savin (in K3). ‘Things are making more sense here. It is Shar works at its best, hiding her evil works under the goodness of the Lady of Mysteries. Well I will have none of that.. She stops a second and adds ‘There is more evil at work. The circle is not an opening into darkness. Don’t be afraid of it. It is just a trick spell, a permanent image.

    Mordiun realizes also that Shar is work around here. He fires an arrow but fails to connect.

    The two shadow guards drop their bows, unsheathe their long sword, take a 5 feet step and attack. The first one misses Savin but the second beat Axara’s defense.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Axara: -7HP – Currently at 18/25


    3 serpents with luxurious blue-black scales striped with-bright violet appears through the Shar holy symbol image and hisses, saying ‘Sharssssss’.

    Effects/Status
    Spoiler
    Show

    Ryxikor: Cat’s Grace 1/40 - +4 to DEX
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  23. - Top - End - #563
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Thankful the priestess yelled out what was truely going on, Ryx watches as two comrades rush into the fray. Trying to compose himself and not think of the mystran dwarf, Ryxikor pulls another arrow from his quiver while he passes Mordiun and rounds the corner of the doorway.

    "Please tell me those serpents are a trick spell also, Axara!" Ryx yells to the cleric of Mystra.

    Once the elven warrior has a clear shot at the shadow guard he fires with his short bow.

    HP: 20/24
    AC: 19 (15 +2 cat's grace, +2 protection from evil)

    move action: 15' to H7
    standard action: attack SG1 with short bow, if misses hopfully it will hit DS1
    attack with short bow: (1d20+8)[20]
    damage: (1d6)[3]

    edit: oops that was suppose to be a +9 for attack roll, forgot to add for the MW short bow
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-07-26 at 03:03 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #564
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ooc: no AoO for the shadow guard attacking Savin? because of just using a one step correct?

    Mordiun isn't fully buying Axara claim of a illusion spell hanging on the western wall. And these snakes sure look real enough.

    He takes some breath as he positions himself next to Savin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    He drops his bow and draws his Axe and mace he moves to a position that would prevent the enemies from swarming everywhere.

    At the moment that would be H3. Dodge feat on Shadow guard 1 if it is still alive if else snake 1
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin, seeing his allies move to his side feels a smile begin to emerge on his face.
    " Won't be like the last fight" he thinks to himself.

    Not even sure if these creatures are human, he doesn't even bother taunting them.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 16
    HP ~ 39; Current ~ 39

    Move action
    5 foot step to K-4

    Standard action
    Trip attack against SG1
    Touch attack (1d20+8)[10](18)

    Opposed strength check
    (1d20+7)[7](14)

    If successful, attack from improved trip
    (1d20+8)[8](16)
    Crit as required
    (1d20+8)[8](16)
    Damage
    (2d4+5)[2][4](11)







    Effects~



  26. - Top - End - #566
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 15
    HP: 15/17
    Spells: bard: 0 1/3, 1 0/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

    His rapier useless, Maesyn looks around to try to find a bow.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Initiative: Maesyn, Savin, Ryxikor, Axara, Mordiun, enemies

    Maesyn realizes that engaging the enemy directly is not the best decision and moves back to the room where he killed the earth creature to go grab a long bow and a quiver of arrows.

    Savin’s blood starts boiling as he feels the rush of a fight. Using his spiked chain, he easily drop the shadow guard. Once the man is on all fours and prone, the warrior hits his right in the face with the spiked ball. The bones are no match for the metal ball which buries itself deep into the skull, killing him instantly.

    Rxikor asks Axara about the Serpents. The priestress replies ‘No trick Elf! As real as the evil that stinks this room!’. The elf flexes his bow and unleashes an arrow. The serpent tries to avoid I but fails.

    Axara swings her mace at the shadow guard in front of her and fails miserably. ‘This will not work. I need a different strategy!

    Mordiun moves next to Savin, his axe drown and him ready to fight!

    The remaining shadow guards tries to beat Axara’s defense again but the priestess shield blocks the blade.

    Two displacer serpents move towards Savin and Mordiun and try to bite them. Both serpents succeed and pierce the flesh of the heroes. The third displacer serpent hisses, saying ‘Sharssssss’.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Savin: -5HP – Currently at 34/29
    Mordiun: -6HP – Currently at 23/29


    Effects/Status
    Spoiler
    Show

    Ryxikor: Cat’s Grace 2/40 - +4 to DEX
    Ryxikor: Protection against Evil: +2 2/40
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  28. - Top - End - #568
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Mordiun doesn't give a sound when the snakes fang pierce his flesh.
    The pain turned the rangers head to the right for a moment toward his axe.
    Normally he wouldn't gave the symbol of Haela Brightaxe a second glance. But right now it seemed as a welcome.reminder of it's past. It reminded him of home and even if his ancestors would never except him now he still had there pride.

    At last at the spur of the moment he thought of the perfect name of his magic axe "Reminder" "I don't think Mystra would object your aid at this moment Luckmaiden. After all there are a lot of dwarves counting on our success to." the ranger mumbles when he attacks the snake before him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reminder (1d20+4)[7](11) damage if hit (1d10+3)[9]
    Mace (1d20+4)[19](23) damage if hit (1d6+1)[5]
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  29. - Top - End - #569
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 15
    HP: 15/17
    Spells: bard: 0 1/3, 1 0/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

    As Maesyn picks up the bow, he realizes that this weapon is much larger than the bows to which he is accustomed. These longbows seemed to be far too large for the close-quarters fighting the in which shadow guards would be involved. Why would the shadow guards be using longbows in such a cramped location?

    No matter, thinks Maesyn, a bow's a bow, right?


    Move action: Pick up bow and arrow(s).

    Standard action: Attack DS2. +5, -4 to hit for firing into melee. +4 to DS2's AC for cover.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  30. - Top - End - #570
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ((I do believe that's a threat.))

    Spoiler
    Show

    Damage: (1d8)[2]

    Critical confirm: (1d20+1)[9]

    Critical damage (if confirmed): (2d8)[10]



    Maesyn Silverhair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •