Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn takes in the names and places he's hearing and tries to recall any stories he's heard about them.

    Bardic Knowledge checks:

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tunaster Dranik: (1d20+9)[10]
    Naedaenya Arthas: (1d20+9)[23]
    Fembrys: (1d20+9)[23]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    When Marlae ask "So you desire to hire others to shed light upon the mystery of your Faith's temple here in the city?", Tunaster replies "Basically yes. As I told you I do not have any support locally. I have to trael to Saerloon to the Tower of Mystery to meet with my superiors. I need you to penetrate the temple; find out if a profanity to Mystra is being committed. If it is, find the purpose behind it ; and eliminate the blasphemers. In a nut shell, that is it."

    Maesyn in the meantime tried to see if the name of Tusnaster, Lady Arthas or Fembrys remind him of anything. He cannot point to any local legend. These names are unknown to him.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin sat for a few moments, pondering what was spoken.
    <This god is not your god> he thought. <But, desecrating the name of a god is not right. This does not bide well. This could easily have been someone attacking the name of Tempus.>
    He sat, an inscrutable look on his face, as he listened to the elder speak, trying to decide if he should get involved in this as the dialogue unfolded in front of him.
    <She looks like she would be a doughty warrior, but the crazy man and the elder have no business in such. But, do I?>

    A wolfish grin appeared on his face as he made a decision. <Tempus has placed me here because there is honor and glory to be won here. Maybe even a bit of coin.>

    He continued to sit in silence, content with his decision and waiting to see how the rest of this unfolded.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "It's certainly a puzzle," Maesyn confirms, "but unwinding it will be fraught with peril. It seems you've done all that can be done short of an in-person inspection."

    With a slight twinkle of mirth in his eye, he says, "I admit I'd been hoping for a rather more amusing riddle."


    Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-02-17 at 11:00 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Tunaster smiles at Maesyn. "I am sorry my riddle is not funny. I am a cleric not a performer or a mummer. And trust me, having a temple of Mystra here is Cormyr makes little to no sense. It truly puzzled me. "

    He looks at the 4 adventurers sitting next to him, looks at the rest of the patrons and the inn and continues. "Now, if you are interested in figuring out why a temple of Mystra has appeared out of nowhere in Wheloon and make sure that Mystra's name is not being blasphemed on, I will make worthwhile for you. Here is a promissory note for 2,000 gold pieces that has my personal arcane mark, which you can redeem at any temple of Mystra for payment after you submit to discern lies spells."

    He turns toward Marlae and smiles. "Yes, young lady. We do like in the Church of Mystra to use magic to ensure Her interest are protected. After all, without the weave, the realms would be a very different place. "

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    I know not who this Constal Tholl, Redbeard, or the Purple Dragons are. I take it some kind of authority here? It would seem that they are in cahoots with this temple.
    What happens if we find everything is ok and it was just a misunderstanding?

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn blinks at the Calishite... he clearly had come from far away if he didn't know the Purple Dragons of Cormyr. His ethnic heritage was clear enough, but he didn't wear the typical garb of one from Calimshan. Curious!

    "The Purple Dragons are Cormyr's elite cadre of knights," he explains, "respected throughout the realm for their bravery and loyalty to the crown. Tholl is the leader of the local garrison, and Lord Sarp Redbeard leads the city. I've never heard a bad word about any of them until today, though I have not been in Wheloon for long."


    Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-02-18 at 02:09 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Zarien is not the most wise of men, but this time he stood listening to the Mystran and the others argue in hope there would be any profit to that business. A man that lost everything won't work for nothing. The sound of a reward as convenient as that proves to him that the Mystran spoke truthfully. The wizard now circle around himself with his eyes, looking at the faces of others such as the warrior type and the half-elven bard. The priestess will surely follow this logic, let's hope the others do the same. "Tunaster Dranik, right? You seem eager to see this intrigue unfolded, but would it bring your heart peace? I understand it is for the good of all of us that the name of the Hidden One is not spoken ill of, but eve if the town and the people is faring better because of that temple would you want to see it's dark secrets revealed? It could even bring down the mayor and the Purple Dragons stationed here. It wouldn't bring them no honor that under their watch someone was able to establish and profit from a business of uncertain morals. Even if that certain someone is themselves, would you still want to find out?"

    Zarien seems more serious than before, anyone could swear his brown eyes were filled with quicksilver from the way they were shimmering. "Seeing as Mystra's faith is so easily questioned in this blasphemous country, it seems like a good idea to question even this one's motives. I wonder if his faith is true to Her tenets..."

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Tunaster is about to explain to Savin who the Purple Dragons are when the silver hair elf steps in.

    "Thank you Maesyn. The integrity and the honor of the Purple Dragons is not in question here. Same thing with Constal Tholl. They went to the temple and did not find anything wrong. As I told you, it was just that went I spoke with Fembrys, something felt wrong. I am not sure the Purple Dragons are that close to Mystra to realize something felt wrong."

    He turns towards Zarien and smiles "I am not an idealistic youngster anymore. I understand the need for compromise. Redbeard has a city to run and making sure there is enough gold to feed his people is high on his list. So, would he mind getting extra gold to get a religious temple build on old ruins? Absolutely not. One thing I have learned from my travels is that things are a little different in Wheloon. They feel that if no one gets hurt, it is ok. The builders of the temple had the extra gold which ended up in the coffers of the city and the gold keeps coming. As long as there is no evidence of evil being perpetrated, the status quo will continue. I believe that Redbeard felt that the purpose of the Mystran clerics here was a good one. As I said, I felt something wrong because I am an old and I have traveled a lot. Things did not feel right. I hope I am wrong because it would mean a revival of my Goddess. If I over reacted, I will work with Lady Arthas and make sure that she gets all the support from the church she needs. However I doubt it. Why would have fired arrows at their own brother?

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin flicked the end of his chain at the table once before stopping himself.
    <You're not a child, so don't treat others belongings like one> he chastised himself internally as he pondered what the elder spoke.

    If the city leaders thought this church was legitimate, then they did what they thought was best for their people. If these church member are false, it is their crime that is being perpetrated. What is your advise, Elder?

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Marlae listened to the words of the elder Mystran and considered the offer. "There should be no harm in speaking to those within the temple if only to dispel the suspicions of this old man's tale and perhaps provide him peace of mind." She clears her throat. "Tunaster, the faithful of Lathander do not shy away from exposing the truth from falsehood. However, you ask that even should we accept this task that we must further provide the burden of proof of our deeds and persons to your Temple whilst you offer none. Is there any guarantees that you can make?"
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-02-19 at 04:15 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "He doesn't seem to know of me, but I don't trust that savage just yet. He could just as well be working for the Walking Gods or the Red Conclave." Zarien ponders about what they said and bobs his head slightly in agreement. "As long as no foul is being done there is no reason to undo what they did there, even if it is not a completely clean business, that's what I think. I had to be sure priest Tunaster was aware of what he wants to be done. I wouldn't respect a person of my faith that looks for petty revenge, but what they did leaves no excuses. With that out of the way I say whoever wants the reward and feel the weight of obligation to the faith that they go or stay, to me it's none the matter. I will bring spells to the fray and when I am done I will wait for my just compensation."



    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    "Now, if you are interested in figuring out why a temple of Mystra has appeared out of nowhere in Wheloon and make sure that Mystra's name is not being blasphemed on, I will make worthwhile for you. Here is a promissory note for 2,000 gold pieces that has my personal arcane mark, which you can redeem at any temple of Mystra for payment after you submit to discern lies spells."

    Once again the ragged wizard looks at Marlae like an old crow would look at a young mouse. His frown grows and the borders of his lips deepens down in a reproving scowl. "Now, priestess. It's one thing to doubt the words of a man of magical inclinations, that's a expected and healthy suspicion that might save your life. But doubting the words of a Mystran is something you just don't do. If this man wishes to bestow me with his Arcane Mark I can think of ten ways to track him down, in case of deceit. If I glance at these scrolls once I will be able to verify yours suspicions, girl, and if you still don't trust me, by all means, don't take my word for it; make the Mystran Vow for it."
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Tunaster looks at Savin. "My advise would be to figure out there is a foul play or I have become an paranoid old man. As I said, this temple is either a wonderful thing for the Church of Mystra or a blasphemy. That is my riddle."

    Tunaster turns toward Marlae. "My child, what guarantee do you want me to make? Swear on my Goddess Holy Symbol? Give you the few gold pieces I have? Just asks."

    At that moment, Zavien intervenes on his behalf. Tunaster smiles "Thank you Wizard for uinderstanding the power of the Arcane Mark. Now will it be all four of you going to solve my riddle? I feel good about all 4 of you and will travel to Saerlon to the Tower of Mystery with my mind a little bit more at ease."

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "I admit I cannot resist the opportunity to solve this mystery," Maesyn replies. "I accept your offer, especially if I have adventurers of such experience and wisdom beside me," he says with a nod to the others.

    "Lady Dawnbringer," he addresses the Lathanderite, not knowing her name, "I hope you'll consider joining us on this new endeavor. It will be a novel experience for us all, but I feel our path will be brighter with your light to guide us."


    Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-02-20 at 08:07 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin looked at Marlae for a moment and then responded

    Lady, while this may be just a series of unfortune misunderstandings, if the elder is correct then marching into a compound asking for explanation would seem to be folly. It may be best to survey the intentions of those of possible... ill-tempers.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Tunaster looks at Savin. "My advise would be to figure out there is a foul play or I have become an paranoid old man. As I said, this temple is either a wonderful thing for the Church of Mystra or a blasphemy. That is my riddle."
    "And to what blasphemy do you suspect? What signs are needed as proof to confirm your suspicions?"

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Tunaster turns toward Marlae. "My child, what guarantee do you want me to make? Swear on my Goddess Holy Symbol? Give you the few gold pieces I have? Just asks."

    At that moment, Zavien intervenes on his behalf. Tunaster smiles "Thank you Wizard for uinderstanding the power of the Arcane Mark. Now will it be all four of you going to solve my riddle? I feel good about all 4 of you and will travel to Saerlon to the Tower of Mystery with my mind a little bit more at ease."
    Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    "He doesn't seem to know of me, but I don't trust that savage just yet. He could just as well be working for the Walking Gods or the Red Conclave." Zarien ponders about what they said and bobs his head slightly in agreement. "As long as no foul is being done there is no reason to undo what they did there, even if it is not a completely clean business, that's what I think. I had to be sure priest Tunaster was aware of what he wants to be done. I wouldn't respect a person of my faith that looks for petty revenge, but what they did leaves no excuses. With that out of the way I say whoever wants the reward and feel the weight of obligation to the faith that they go or stay, to me it's none the matter. I will bring spells to the fray and when I am done I will wait for my just compensation."

    Once again the ragged wizard looks at Marlae like an old crow would look at a young mouse. His frown grows and the borders of his lips deepens down in a reproving scowl. "Now, priestess. It's one thing to doubt the words of a man of magical inclinations, that's a expected and healthy suspicion that might save your life. But doubting the words of a Mystran is something you just don't do. If this man wishes to bestow me with his Arcane Mark I can think of ten ways to track him down, in case of deceit. If I glance at these scrolls once I will be able to verify yours suspicions, girl, and if you still don't trust me, by all means, don't take my word for it; make the Mystran Vow for it."
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    "I admit I cannot resist the opportunity to solve this mystery," Maesyn replies. "I accept your offer, especially if I have adventurers of such experience and wisdom beside me," he says with a nod to the others.

    "Lady Dawnbringer," he addresses the Lathanderite, not knowing her name, "I hope you'll consider joining us on this new endeavor. It will be a novel experience for us all, but I feel our path will be brighter with your light to guide us."


    Maesyn Silverhair
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Savin looked at Marlae for a moment and then responded

    Lady, while this may be just a series of unfortune misunderstandings, if the elder is correct then marching into a compound asking for explanation would seem to be folly. It may be best to survey the intentions of those of possible... ill-tempers.

    She mulls over the words of the others in her mind, before replying. Although by her facial reactions, she seems more welcome to Maesyn's polite manner or Savine's respectful tone. "If the... wizard can verify the authenticity of the mark I would accept also the vow upon your faith's holy symbol. As you have stated there are no other temples of your goddess in Cormyr, please share with us the locations of the nearest temples of your Faith. I am on a pilgrimage to a holy site within Sembia but cannot speak to how this may inconvenience the others here and their expenses to collect their just reward."
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-02-20 at 11:02 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Tunaster looks relieved when Zarien, Maesyn, and Savin agreed to help him. The cleric of Lathander on the other hand was another story.

    What blasphemy you might ask? As I said earlier, something felt wrong about Fembrys. And they fired arrows at me. Why would a Temple dedicated to Mystra fire arrows to a Mystran cleric? How would you feel if you went to a temple of Lathander and get fired arrows at?

    Tunaster gives the promissory note with his arcane mark to Zarien to examine. He pulls out his holy symbol of Mystra. Dear Mystra, Lady of Mysteries and Mother of all Magic, on your holy symbol I swear that everything I said to these strangers is true. If I am not saying the truth, strike me immediately.

    He holds the symbol high for all to see.

    Finally, he focuses into Marlae eyes There are plenty of temple to Mystra in Sembia. From Ordulin the capital to Daerlun and passing by Selguant, Urmlaspyr and Yhaunn, you will have your choice from redeeming the note. Or you can wait until I come back from my visit to Saerloon.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Tunaster looks relieved when Zarien, Maesyn, and Savin agreed to help him. The cleric of Lathander on the other hand was another story.

    What blasphemy you might ask? As I said earlier, something felt wrong about Fembrys. And they fired arrows at me. Why would a Temple dedicated to Mystra fire arrows to a Mystran cleric? How would you feel if you went to a temple of Lathander and get fired arrows at?

    Tunaster gives the promissory note with his arcane mark to Zarien to examine. He pulls out his holy symbol of Mystra. Dear Mystra, Lady of Mysteries and Mother of all Magic, on your holy symbol I swear that everything I said to these strangers is true. If I am not saying the truth, strike me immediately.

    He holds the symbol high for all to see.

    Finally, he focuses into Marlae eyes There are plenty of temple to Mystra in Sembia. From Ordulin the capital to Daerlun and passing by Selguant, Urmlaspyr and Yhaunn, you will have your choice from redeeming the note. Or you can wait until I come back from my visit to Saerloon.
    "I see your point, but also that it is possible that they have come to the similar conclusions. A stranger, to them, arrives on their doorstep and demands to see the high priest. When asked to wait, suddenly flees. WHile their reaction may be extreme but perhaps they thought you the imposter who had lost his nerve? I cannot say what goes in their minds or the protocols of the temple of Mystra to protect her mysteries. Nevertheless, you have assuaged my concerns."
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-02-21 at 07:29 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Zarien examine the arcane mark with his wizard eyes to prove himself true of magic and the magic was true (it's a spellcraft DC 10 to understand and verify an Arcane Mark). He gives Tunaster a reassuring nod of his head and turn around and carry on back to the counter where the bartender still have a paid shower in promise for him.

    Before retiring for the night he gives one more look over his should to direct his words to Marlae. His face has a very silly smirk splattered on it, somewhat akin to when you try to express too much at the same time. "You should put yourself in his place, priestess. What would you think if your church fired arrows at you, for whatever reason that may be, while you didn't do them wrong in any possible way? I say I will do what the good man asks of me, besides I am getting low on gold. If you don't want to do this job you can stay behind while real *men* go see what is really going on with that place. Meanwhile you can stay behind and learn a useful skill like cooking and cleaning to take care of your husband. To the rest of you; all the capable hands should prepare for tomorrow and meet here in the morning. It's best we sleep and eat for one night before we set foot do to others work. That's what *I* intend to do." And with that he redirect his attention, turning to Baerill to ask where could he leave his belongings and when the bath he paid for would be ready?
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    Zarien examine the arcane mark with his wizard eyes to prove himself true of magic and the magic was true (it's a spellcraft DC 10 to understand and verify an Arcane Mark). He gives Tunaster a reassuring nod of his head and turn around and carry on back to the counter where the bartender still have a paid shower in promise for him.

    Before retiring for the night he gives one more look over his should to direct his words to Marlae. His face has a very silly smirk splattered on it, somewhat akin to when you try to express too much at the same time. "You should put yourself in his place, priestess. What would you think if your church fired arrows at you, for whatever reason that may be, while you didn't do them wrong in any possible way? I say I will do what the good man asks of me, besides I am getting low on gold. If you don't want to do this job you can stay behind while real *men* go see what is really going on with that place. Meanwhile you can stay behind and learn a useful skill like cooking and cleaning to take care of your husband. To the rest of you; all the capable hands should prepare for tomorrow and meet here in the morning. It's best we sleep and eat for one night before we set foot do to others work. That's what *I* intend to do." And with that he redirect his attention, turning to Baerill to ask where could he leave his belongings and when the bath he paid for would be ready?

    Her dark eyes burn as coals but she refrains from debasing herself at that level. Instead, she quiets herself before addressing Tunaster. "It appears you have hired three able-bodied and stalwart men to the task. As I am also headed to Sembia, I would instead ask if you are in need of a travelling companion. I travel lightly and in the Morninglord's benevolence require little. My steed requires rest to rejuvenate itself for the last leg of the journey but I would be ready by the Dawn's hour on the morrow."
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-02-23 at 11:47 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin looked the two, trying to decide what to do.

    Lady, your understanding of the workings of a church would be invaluable to us. If this is a misunderstanding and blood is not to be shed, the strength of your character may be something that can lead us out of this understanding.

    <And, if the elder is correct, the strength of your arms will be required> he thought to himself.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Tunaster looks at Zarien and Marlae with incredulous eyes.

    "Wow ..wow .. wow .. please calm down. I hired all 4 of you, regardless of gender or body odor. I believe Marlae that your understanding of a good church is priceless. And Zarien, assuming is clean and sober could help with any arcane issue. So, I hope Lady Marlae, you understand that Smelly Zarien was jesting. He is not very good at it but he was jesting."

    He looks at Savin and Maesyn hoping for support.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Whether or not he was jesting, lady, it may be best not to let the words of one may get in the way of doing what you think is the right thing to do.
    With that, he arches an eyebrow at Zarien, hoping the man takes his hint.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Whether or not he was jesting, lady, it may be best not to let the words of one may get in the way of doing what you think is the right thing to do.
    With that, he arches an eyebrow at Zarien, hoping the man takes his hint.
    Zarien notices the ruckus he has caused, he turns his gaze over his shoulder back to the others. "Bah!" He doesn't voice his concerns, but he looks genuinely troubled knowing that what he has said impacted her to that point. He barely even listen when Baerill practically screams her lungs out at him.
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Savin looked the two, trying to decide what to do.

    Lady, your understanding of the workings of a church would be invaluable to us. If this is a misunderstanding and blood is not to be shed, the strength of your character may be something that can lead us out of this understanding.

    <And, if the elder is correct, the strength of your arms will be required> he thought to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Tunaster looks at Zarien and Marlae with incredulous eyes.

    "Wow ..wow .. wow .. please calm down. I hired all 4 of you, regardless of gender or body odor. I believe Marlae that your understanding of a good church is priceless. And Zarien, assuming is clean and sober could help with any arcane issue. So, I hope Lady Marlae, you understand that Smelly Zarien was jesting. He is not very good at it but he was jesting."

    He looks at Savin and Maesyn hoping for support.
    ((OOC: I thought we were 5, no?)

    "Starweaver Turnaster, would you not be the most knowledgeable on the rituals and dogma of your own faith?" she questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Whether or not he was jesting, lady, it may be best not to let the words of one may get in the way of doing what you think is the right thing to do.
    With that, he arches an eyebrow at Zarien, hoping the man takes his hint.
    Marlae considers the words of the others beseeching her to assist. She sighs."Just as the Dawn symbolizes a new day and a new opportunity, first impressions can be forgiven and forgotten to begin anew."


    Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    Zarien notices the ruckus he has caused, he turns his gaze over his shoulder back to the others. "Bah!" He doesn't voice his concerns, but he looks genuinely troubled knowing that what he has said impacted her to that point. He barely even listen when Baerill practically screams her lungs out at him.
    When Zarien refused to answer, she turned back to the others. "I shall pray to the Morninglord that this is just a misunderstanding. If Starweaver Turnaster intends to travel to Saerloon alone then I shall remain a few days longer in Wheloon before resuming my pilgrimage." She lowers her head politely. "May the dawn's rays bring you hope." She turns to leave.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Tunaster looks relieved.

    "Lady Marlae, I am glad you are as kind as you are beautiful. And yes, I am knowledgeable in my Church rituals but I fear for my life if I go back to the temple. Now that all four of you are set up with my promissory note, I will start my travel to Saerloon. I should be back in 10 days or so. Hopefully you will have solved the riddle and I will have your payment. "

    He gets up, salutes all 4 adventurers at the table and then leave the in.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The 5th adventurer, Aust, has been listening sitting at another table. He has not joined the group yet.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As Tunaster got up and left, Savin looked at the others.
    What course should we take? While I think that there is a chance there may have been some confusion, I also don't want to entertain the idea of being the pincushion to someone's arrows. My talents, alas, are not strong in getting into places unnoticed. And, my lady, that kind of skulking, I imagine, would not suit your temperament.
    Finishing his drink, he waited for the others to reply.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    StandardBC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    'Merica (A.K.A Texas)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    I believe I may be able to help. A scarred stranger states to the group. I'm fairly good at crawling around myself, and I am in need of some coin. He offers. I'd be glad to assist you for a share of the profit. My name is Aust, by the way.
    Avatar by Crimmy

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Zarien, realizing that sometimes, the best strategy is to disappear decides to take on the offer of that bath.

    Savin finishes his drink, hoping to get a buy on his idea.

    A wood elf, looking definitively out of his normal environment addresses the group.....

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "We would welcome your assistance," Maesyn agrees, "but our employer has just left. We cannot promise he would pay a fifth adventurer the same amount."

    To the others, he muses, "I think clearly we can wait until morning to embark on any investigation; it will give us time to prepare ourselves, get a good night of rest, and perhaps do any preliminary research we may find necessary. Come the dawn, however, I think I would favor starting with a direct approach. Properly equipped and prepared, we should be able to discern much from a visual inspection of the property."


    Maesyn Silverhair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •