New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233344974 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Ryxikor’s blood starts pumping as he sees the small chest. He looks for trap on each one of them but do not find any. He then tries to pick the lock for only succeed in opening one. Inside he finds personal belonging, toiletries, worthless trinkets and 19.83 gold pieces worth of coins. He also found a personal diary.

Maesyn tries to see if he remembers ever hearing the Starry Gnosis mentioned in a bard song but he cannot.

Spoiler
    Show
    trained Religion check only – sorry

He inspects the permanent image and concludes that it is just an image set up to make people believe it is a portal. He feels that it is just an illusion without any other effect. There is something on the other side of the image but what? After all, Sharrans are used to tricks and illusions.

As he sees the torture room, the silver half-elf feel repulsed. Axara comes next to him and pat him on the back, staying silent. She looks also close to lose her breakfast.

Savin waits for Ryxikor to be done, nothing that strength sometimes trump skills. The two unopened chests are in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    DC to break the chest is 17 – one attempt per chest
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Ryx drops the coins into his beltpouch, and starts to thumb through the diary. He starts at the beginning and skims over the main points on each of the pages, trying to get an idea of what may be written. While the elf examines the diary, he waits to see what Savin will do with the unopened chests and crowbar.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, watching Ryx, keeps an eye on their surroundings until it becomes obvious that he isn't succeeding.

"Here, let me use this borrowed lockpick and see what I can do. I don't suppose I can do anything if they spit a fireball at me, can I?"

Not waiting for an answer to his rhetorical question, he swings away.

Spoiler
    Show

Strength check #1 (+3 strength, +2 crowbar)
    (1d20+5)[3](8)

Strength check #2 (+3 strength, +2 crowbar)
    (1d20+5)[14](19)

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Savin decides to show Ryxikor how to use a crowbar. He is able to force one chest but not the other. In the chest he just opened, he finds dirty smelly clothes, personal useless junk and about 16.75 gold pieces in coins.

Ryxikor decides to skim the diary. In the beginning, it's filled with the: author-'s doubts and disappointment about her service to Mystra. She writes about passing through the "Mystic Gate" and being found wanting. As the diary goes on, however, the passages take a darker turn. Her fears of the strange creatures the temple employs and her disgust. at their drastic methods of dealing with “defilers" turn s to pride in her fearless association with such beings and satisfaction that others who seek to earn Mystra's Sacred Trust are spurned as she was. In the final passages, she describes her glee at failed petitioners' tortured pleas for mercy and hatred for the weakness she showed in her earliest entries.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #695

Mordiun was tankful for the distraction the book from this temple libary gave him. After he opened the door he rambles through his backpack and fishes out the book once again.

The dwarf is more successful in ignoring the stench of the rotting remains of Fembrys victims. But he to finds no comfort in its as a defense he puts the book further hoping the smell of the old book could filter much of the stench of old corpses. A bit to close to his eyes he starts reading again but it's no use each time his gaze wander to Ryx and Savin.
    His face becomes grimmer and grimmer until he closes the book with a thud. And let's it slip in his backpack.

As he finds the right key and locks the door of the torture room.

"I don't think these laundry can be cleaned ladies let's move on."

the ranger looks at the remaining locked chest lock and if they look like one of Arthas keys could fit in it he tries it out.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn puzzles over the permanent image. What is it hiding?

Walking up to it, he pulls out his finely-crafted Elven lap-harp, Melalindor. Listening carefully -- and timing it between swings of Savin's crowbar -- he loudly plucks the harp's strongest string and listens for the reverberation.

He hopes he is able to determine whether the sound of the harp string can be heard reverberating from a surface or room several feet or yards away from him -- that is, behind the permanent image -- or if the sound just dies, flat, due to the presence of a solid wall just inches away.

Maesyn Silverhair

7. - Top - End - #697

ElfPirate

Once Savin pryes open the chest's top, Ryxikor puts the book down for a moment to help look through the guard's belongings. Any wealth that was obtained, Ryx absently drops it with the rest, in his belt pouch. The elven warrior continues to thumb through the diary, as he walks out of the guard's room and into the next, making sure he hasn't missed anything important, as he relays some of what he has read to the group, "Hey, there wasn't much in the chests other than some guard's personal belongings.." Ryx hesitates momentarily, knowing the dwarf will pipe in at any moment about wasting time, "But this diary was in one of them. It talks about a mystic gate, this temple employing strange creatures, and tortured petitioners." Then seemingly on cue, Ryx looks up from the book, "Oh, speaking of torture. So, Axara, is this a common practice among Mystrans?" he asks jokingly, as he stops and looks at the headless corpses. "Now that is just disgusting." he says seeing maggots on the bodies.

"Axara, what do you make of this" Ryxikor asks the priestess, handing her the diary. As the others seem to be in a hurry, same as the dwarf, Ryx starts to poke around the room, searching anything including the body's clothes for identification. "Ya know, I told you I was sitting at the table next to ya in the Wyvern Watch Inn,.." the elf states rather loudly, as some of the group are out in the hallway, "And I thought I 'overheard' Tunaster hire you to investigate this mysterious temple." Ryx states rather than questions.

The elven rogue stops walking around the room and looks towards the doorway of the torture chamber, standing beside the pile of dirty clothes, "I'm sympethic to the dwarf's issue, but it's a sad day when the likes of me is the voice of reason." when Ryx finally shuts up, he looks down to his left, now starting to be familiar with the stench of rotting corpses, he unsheaths his dagger and starts flicking the dirty garments aside with the weapon to see underneath.

Once he is satisfied the mutilation room is void of evidence, Ryx exits the room to join the others, "Hey, I wonder if any of those heads on the trophy wall belong to any of these headless bodies?"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Fuming internally as the time spent on the two rooms, Mordiun decides to review Mystra theology. It is a basic book which can be summarized by ‘Magic is neither good nor evil. It is how you use magic which determines it. Knowing when to use magic or not is really what a Mystran is all about.

Axara approaches the dwarf and tells him ‘Glad to see that you are trying to learn the gospel of Mystra. All you have to really know is that the Lady of Mysteries does not really care who or what you were before you joined her. She focuses on what you can become. Respect magic in all of its form and you will be fine. After all, your sister is a wizard, correct?

Maesyn pulls out his magical harp and plays the loudest string. His expert ear that the sound is going through the image and reverberating from a surface or a wall yards away from where he is.

Axara sees Ryxikor pockets the gold he found in the chests. She says ‘Hey elf, nice of you to keep the gold for the rest of the group. I hope you will not forget to share it when it will be time. I would hate to forget to heal you when needed because I am too busy trying to remember where the gold we found went ……

Axara turns angry at Ryxikor’s jest about Mystra. Listen Ryxikor, I do not appreciate your comments about my goddess. Can you put through your thick skull that these priests worship Shar and not the Lady of Mysteries?

Ryxikor continues and using his dagger, he flicks apart the clothing which likely belonged to the tortured victims. He founds identification papers used in Cormyr by the merchants. The papers identify the 3 headless corpses: Amnic Basult, Bookseller, Duncan Greenfield, food trader and Kenniwick Lighterow, candle maker.

Axara nods at Ryxikor. You are correct. I wonder if we can match the bodies to the heads. What should we do if we can do that?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699

The dwarf only knots. To Axara's question.

He breaks the silence when the group suggests to match the bodies with the head.

"And then what? Where going to let there relatives known? People will talk. We get hold up by the purple dragons. And the remaining Shar priest know there fully compromised and move there hostages to an other temple." He looks at Savin and Axara. But ignores Ryx. He already knows the elf only concern is loot "And with it your much needed -proof-"
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-08-22 at 03:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think it best if we let the authorities do the grisly work of identifying and undertaking the dead," Maesyn points out. "There is another room behind this illusion; it must be where the displacer serpents were hiding."

Confident that any dangers within would have heard the commotion long ago and emerged, Maesyn steps through the illusory portal to see what lies beyond.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-08-22 at 05:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #701

ElfPirate

"Yes i'll share princess." Ryx mumbles under his breath so noone can hear, when he's in the guard's room. When him and Savin are finished, he smiles cryptically, clapping the large man on the back, "Well done."

When Ryxikor is finished looking in the aweful mutilation room, he emerges holding the pouches of the evil priestess' guards, the diary and the papers of the merchants and giving them to Axara, "Easy now Mystra's child, don't get your panties in a wad underneath that fine armor." he says with a wink and a quick glance at her chest, "I'm just pointing out the obvious, this can't be a Mystran temple, having a torture chamber in it, can it?" he asks, hoping she understands soon that he just jests with her, as he slaps her hard on her armored back side, "I'm just saying, that's more evidence. What should we do? With what we've found today, that dark orb, her paperwork," he says pointing to the dead body of Lady Arthas lying in the corner in a pool of blood, "..and the diary, those papers, and that entire bloody room, it finally seems as though we're finding what Tunaster was looking for." he looks at her for a moment, "You know what we should do, soon, after we've made this entire temple safe, we have to let the apropriate authorities, and Tunaster, know of our findings. Then we can finish looking for Mordiun's siter and any others."

Ryx laughs when he sees that the dwarf won't look him in the eye, this is precisely why my people dealt with gnomes, and loathed dealing with the dwarves, they only care about themselves, leave them under their mountains he thinks to himself

Listening to Maesyn's deductions of the image, and watching him step into it, Ryx inhales sharply, unconciously holding his breath, and follows the half elven bard.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-08-22 at 08:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

"Maesyn is right, leave it to the authorities."

He then walks over to Mordiun and puts his hand on his shoulder"Forgive, master dwarf. Intention was to clear the room before moving on, to make sure nothing snuck up behind us. Sometimes, the old habit to clear out and loot is strong. We move forward to find your sister."

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Mordiun impatience is growing as he is so concerned about the unknown fate of his twin sister. He wants to move forward and worry about heads and headless corpses and Purple Dragons later.

Axara looks at Ryxikor with disdain ‘Elf, how do you know if I even wear panties under this armor? She winks at him and shakes her head.

Ryxikor explains the logic behind his behavior and wants to go to the Purple Dragons.

Maesyn and Savin disagrees with Ryxikor and decides to move forward. Axara agrees ‘Listen Ryxikor, I do not believe that the headless bodies and the heads will disappear overnight. The temple is secure. No one will enter it by force at least today. If the Purple Dragons decide to investigate based on the rumors, it likely won’t be today and they will still have to deal with the Drunken Devout Sorcerer. We have evidence of Sharrans activities, which is why I did not dispel the image. We have the chance of may be saving others, including Mordiun’s sister. Let’s go!.

Maesyn and Savin agrees with Mordiun and Axara logic, the warrior going the extra step to explain his logic and admit that the looting habit is a strong one to ignore.

Maesyn goes through the silent image, followed by the other 4 heroes.

The room on the other side is a large room. Black pillars frame a curtain of doom darker than the rest of this cavernous, echoing, chamber. Despite the murkiness, the heaped pile of humanoid skeletons lying just beyond the pillars is vaguely visible through the interface. The heap partly covers an obsidian altar along the far wall of the chamber.

The only source of illumination is Ryxikor and Axara everburning torches but the magical darkness reduces the visibility by half.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will post an updated map as well as a drawing of the alter on Obsidian Portal
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704

ElfPirate

The elven fighter thief moves into the room carefully, he's sickened by how many skeletal remains are down here, in this bowels of this fake Mystran temple. He doesn't know what could be down here, in what seems to be the home of the snakes, Have they fed on all these bodies he wonders as he moves some of the bones around with the tips of his boots. He squints in this darkness, looking around, searching for a glint of metal, like coins or jewelry, in the pile of bones.

Knowing the others will be moving on quickly, looking for survivors, Ryx turns around and looks at the altar. Remembering the altar upstairs, Ryx wonders if this altar could be hiding something sinister also. He searches for a compartment, similar to the one the altar upstairs had.

Spoiler
    Show

search: (1d20+9)[11]

Power... Ryxikor Ravensclaw, fully believes he will return to his former glory. The leader of an outlaw gang, he was called onto for his skills to adventure deep into the caverns of the underdark with a group of heroes. Leaving his band of cutthroats to his second in command, only to have a mutiny break out during his absence, the elven fighter rogue, Ryx, scouts for the group of heroes as they trek through the bowels of the underworld. The group of heroes had only known Ryx for a short period of time, little did they know of the perils and dangers they dealt with regularly in the world of darkness was every bit as harrowing as what Ryxikor put them through. A few, seemingly led by a snobbish paladin, swore they would never travel with the likes of Ryxikor Ravensclaw again, and they haven't to this day. Whats left of their remains lost somewhere in the underworld, only Ryx and one other making it out alive, if they had only listened to and followed the roguesh elf, they'd still be alive, making others throw-up at their constant consultations about living the goodly godly life. Now Ryx finds himself with another group of adventurers, trying to save the world, or at least a sister, what will the unpredictable elf do as he bides his time. He grips the hilt of his drow dagger organripper, a powerful reminder of what he lost, lucky he made it out with his life. For now he waits....Power is yet to come

15. - Top - End - #705

While Ryxikor hasn't fully shared Arthas her dairy with the group. Mordiun gets the feeling the altar is where his sister trail ended.

Spoiler
    Show
    using the thunder twin feat to get on his sister trail again.

As he whispers "Explore the room." he looks toward Ryxikor who carriers a ever burning torch "The elf and I will search for doors"

he grabs his axe reminder and hopes the elf will follow him silently

Spoiler
    Show

moving to P3 if possible
    Move Silent (1d20+5)[11](16)
    Listen (1d20+5)[7](12)
    Spot (1d20+6)[18](24)

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

"I didn't realize Sharrans were so fond of death and torture," comments Maesyn. "This is all anything but subtle. Hidden, yes, but not well." He assists the others in looking for an exit, being pointedly careful to avoid passing through the curtain.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-08-23 at 06:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor approaches the curtain looking for loot or who knows what. Axara suddenly yanks him away and nearly pulls him down. ‘ Are you suicidal elf? Is your life worth less than one gold piece? You need to start to use that little pie you have inside that beautiful face you carry. You could have die going through these curtains. You have no clue what it is, do you?

She sights and shakes her head. ‘Let’s see if I can explain. We are dealing with Shar here. What is Shar famous for, other than wanting to kill her own sister? For the creation of the Shadow Weave to counteract the Weave created by Our Lady Mystra. The Shadow Weave takes its powers from the Plane of Shadows, a pretty evil place. This is, ‘, and she points to the curtain between the two pillars, ‘.. is a failed Shadow Gate. A Shadow Gate is a portal to travel from the Realms to the Shadow Plane. This attempt fails. As a result, anyone who goes through does not travel to the Shadow Plane but suffers one of two fates: ‘You either die or you are Shadow Marked. This means that you have been contaminated by the Shadow Plane. It gives you the ability to hide in plain sight and to see in the dark, has did the shadow guards. It also turns you into an evil creature, as was proven by the diary of the shadow guard we found. So pretty little elf, you owe me one.

She shakes her head again but laughs this time. She needed it.

Maesyn intelligently notices that death had torture are not trademarks of the Sharrans. Axara nods in agreement. ‘Good observations Maesyn. They are adept of hiding and lying and pretending but they are not famous for their torture. We could have the case of a demented evil person in Fembrys or something else at work.

Ryxikor goes to inspect the bones and notices that tiny bites marks on them. It seems that the displacer serpents fed on the bodies of the people who did not survive going through the failed Shadow Gate. He looks through the altar but find nothing of interest and not hidden compartment.

Mordiun uses his thunder feat and the results are mixed. He is glad to know that she did not die here but instead just went through that room. He cannot tell if she went through the Shadow Gate or not. Mordiun moves silently around the room but all he sees are the altar, the bones and the failed Shadow Gate.

Mordiun and Ryxikor approach the door and Ryxikor checks it. He finds that it is neither trapped not locked.

While Mordiun and Ryxikor explore the room, Axara goes to see Savin. 'So Muscle Man, why so serious and silent? '
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708

ElfPirate

Now that they know this room is cleared of any evils, or valuables, Ryx is ready to move on, and follows the others out of this room, bringing up the rear.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

"I had not made the connection between this portal and the Mystic Gate referred to in the diary," Maesyn admits. "It is good we had you along, Axara. And I agree, I'm beginning to think there's more going on here than just a covert Temple of Shar."

Maesyn is happy to leave this altar of death and continue through the doorway.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-08-27 at 09:11 AM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Savin looks at the priestess of Mystra, face dark and brooding.
    "I have the natural distrust of magic of my tribe... the hatred of the Shar and her followers by my people... the crystal and the fact that it controlled me but we are choosing not to destroy it... None of this sits well with me."

21. - Top - End - #711

ElfPirate

Once the group of adventurers leaves this evil and dangerous room, following the dwarf sa he leads us to his sister and maybe other petitioners, Ryx is the last to leave this room, making sure nothing comes at them from behind. When they do move forward, Ryx says to Axara,
    "No prin...priestess, I'm not suicidal. I was just inspecting the columns and curtain, I wasn't gonna walk through, I don't think."
    he says the last rather softly, "But since you saved my life, as you put it, does that mean i'm yours from now on, to do with as you wish?" he asks with a wink. As they leave the room, and Ryx checks behind them, he also checks out the shapely armor on Axara.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara smiles at Ryxikor’s comment before replying ‘ Be careful what you wish for pretty elf, I can teach you a thing or two. Although, I am more used as being the one granting wishes. She winks at him before laughing hysterically.

Her smile turns serious after her conversation with Savin. ‘I relate how you feel. Magic can be a scary thing. All I can tell you that magic is neither evil nor good. It is the user of magic that decides. Shar and her followers have done a fantastic job corrupting magic and turning it into evil. Trust me, I know more about that then I ever wanted t know. It is tempting of destroying the Starry Gnosis but I hope that the high clerics in the Church can pierce its secrets and gain an advantage against Shar and her goons.

She nods to Maesyn ‘Agreed. Something else is at work here. Not sure why. I always like studying magic so I guess this is why Tunaster suggested I come. Or maybe it was because I made some priests nervous.

The group decides to leave that room of death and opens the door. It leads into a long tunnel. The order is Mordiun, Savin, Maesyn, Axara and Ryxikor with the priestess carry an ever burning torch. The long tunnel finally opens on a dim, cold chamber which echoes with the sound of rushing water. A subterranean channel flows from the north wall, bordered by a stone walkway on the west and east. It flows south through a low ceilinged cave. A span of stone bridges the dark, flowing water. The eat an west walls are lined with rusty iron-barred cells. A human female lies sleeping, on the floor of one of them, and two shadow guards stand near her cage. The group hears the sounds of someone in the area to the right. A slight sewer stink and the scent of old sweat lingers in1 the air.

A beached catamaran is laying halfway on the stone dock and the water .

Spoiler
    Show
    Will load the map in Obsedian portal soon
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-08-27 at 01:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #713

Mordiun was a loss for words after Axara explained about the Shadow Gate. It could explain her disconection to the martial plain. He still remember Mystra's words on how her soul could be lost forever if he backed down from the deal.
    He shackes his head "Mystra wouldn't lie about these thing would see?"

----
    When the ranger sees the woman in the cage. He for a second mistakes her for his sister-- but to tall to skinny a human. Not that it matters these Sharian filth won't corrupt another. He charges toward one of the shadow guards. As he runs he looks for unusual stone formation jumping over them if need be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+2)[18](20)

Spot (1d20+6)[6](12) (probably with a penality)

Reminder (1d20+6)[17](23) (including charge bonus) (1d10+3)[7]
    Light Mace (1d20+6)[3](9) (same) (1d6+1)[4]

24. - Top - End - #714

ElfPirate

As Ryxikor walks through the coridor, he marvels at how the armorers could make such accurate and seductive curves in a suit of armor, "Kudos to the blacksmiths and armorers." he whispers to himself as he admires the view.

Suddenly, Ryx hears the rushing water and inhales deeply, thinking he may smell the wyvern river, but instead his senses are assaulted by the smell of sewage.

Once the elf reaches the room, everyone else has already entered, Ryx's first instinct when he hears someone to their right, is hide and draw his daggers, but the wild impulsive dwarf suddenly takes off over the bridge to save a woman from two shadow guards. The elven warrior quickly changes tactics, he unshoulders his short bow and, standing just inside the doorway, draws an arrow from his quiver, smoothly nocking it and drawing it back to his cheekbone, ready to let the arrow fly.

If the shadow guards attack Mordiun, Ryx fires at the guard furthest away from the dwarf, unless someone in the party stops him.

Spoiler
    Show

init: (1d20+3)[21]
    hp: 24/24
    ac: 15

free action: gawk at Axara's shapely armor
    move action: unshoulder bow and draw arrow, move to D3
    standard action: fire at shadow guard with short bow

attack: (1d20+7)[25], if both guards are engaged with Mordiun, subtract 4 for firing into melee
    damage: (1d6)[5]

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn tries to stop Mordiun before he runs too far. "Wait, look, they're not attacking!" he points out.

Maesyn Silverhair

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Savin walks out and nods agreement with Maesyn.
    "Two guards watching over a sleeping woman... on the other side of a river spanned by a bridge... this is the kind of bait we use to trap dangerous animals. Give them a sense of power before the spears drive home." he takes a few steps forward, spinning chain ready "Best to proceed with caution." as he tries to keep one eye on the shadow guards and one eye out for a trap.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor admires the well rounded armor. It is quite surprising that the armorer would go through such length to have accurate curve in a suit of armor worn by a cleric of Mystra. Why would they craft such an armor for Axara? Is that the reason she was sent away from the Mystran temple?

However, Ryxikor never gets a chance to answer his questions as he sees Mordiun rushes across the bridge to attack a shadow guard. Unfortunately, the impulsive guard slips on the slippery stone bridge and falls into the water.

Ryxikor unleashes an arrow that hit a shadow guard.

Maesyn yells at Ryxikor and Mordiun for attacking as the Shadow Guards did not seem to be on the offensive.

Savin is more practical as his warrior senses notices that the setup is probably not as innocent as it looks.

Axara goes inside the room and yells ‘Stop it you stupid Peach!. She goes by the water to help Mordiun get back on shore.

The wounded Shadow Guard pulls out a potion and drinks it and heals himself. The other one fires at Ryxikor but misses.

Suddenly, a blond-haired, blue-eyes river-rafter appears for the room in the south. He is wearing a leather armor, holding a long spear and has a club on his belt. He yells ‘Who are you morons, why are you attacking us? What kind of freak are you? He sets up his spear and through his smooth motion, it is obvious that he is an experienced fighter.

Suddenly, three tentacles burst from the water; one bearing three yellow eyes and two reaching and straining hungrily toward Mordiun. Each tentacle hit the dwarf but he avoids the bite. However, a tentacle grabs him and starts constricting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun:-8HP – 21/29

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Water combat rules are in effect when fighting in the water.
    The tentacles have a 15 feet reach
    If you fight, roll initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718

ElfPirate

Rixikor just shakes his head when he sees the dwarf slip and fall into the water, it doesn't suprise the elf too much now that he's seen the mad dwarf be too hasty before during their short tenure together so far.

Having heard something to their right when they first came in this cavern, seeing the river rafter isn't unexpected.

What does shock the elven mercernary rogue is what explodes from the water to attack the daft dwarf. Ryx has never seen anything of the likes of this new enemy. The only thik he can think of is to make it as easy as possible for Mordiun, and that means not having the shadow guards attack him.

"We're trying to save our friend, who slipped in the water. Hurry help us kill that beast!!" Ryxikor yells to the stranger, whilest he fires another arrow at the same guard he just hit and drank the potion.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 24/24
    AC: 15

free action: yell at river rafter
    move and standard action: grab and fire another arrow at same guard
    attack: (1d20+7)[25]
    damage: (1d6)[6]

29. - Top - End - #719

As Mordiun runs toward the shadow guards he watched the floor quickly for traps within the stones. It was a pitty he didn't take into account of a more mundane danger wet stone. He slips and before he knows it he makes contact with the water below. Still surprised a monster grapples the dwarf with it's tentacles.

The ranger is in a real bind. But oddly he remains calm. A strange feel of nostalgia fulfils him when looking at the aberration like monster.

He is trained in tracking and killing unnatural looking creatures. Mostly tracking as most of them are to much for a group of dwarven squats to handle. He still remembers the basics a scout should never engage the enemy directly a scout should survive as dead soldiers rarely report home. Should you engage never at it's own turf.

The monster clearly wants him underwater and is stronger them him.
    Knowing that he doesn't even bother attacking the creature or escape the grapple at normal means. Instead he uses the monster size to his advantage.

With the tentacle close the ranger his puts his feet against the tentacle for a boost using it to jump out of the water using his strength in his jump to hopefully escape the grabble and land at E6

Spoiler
    Show
    hp 15/29

ac 17 +1 dodge or 15 +1 dodge

Jump Skill (using the speed to escape the grapple) (1d20+5)[15](20)

is it a aberration?

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

Savin mutters an oath as the dwarf charges forward, heedless of his warning, almost giving a laugh as he tumbles over the side and into the river. He is about the rush forward and extend his chain to drag him out when the spear wielding fighter appears... and, as the tentacles appear, he realizes the dwarf is in way over his head, quite literally.
    Reaching down, he pulls out a potion and feels the rush as he grows, then steps forward to confront the opposition while trying to save his stout new friend.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 39; Current ~ 30

Standard action
    Take Enlarge potion

Move action
    5 foot step to E-F/5-6 (occupies 4 squares)

Effects~
    Enlarge~ +2 Str, -2 Dex, -1 AC, +5ft reach (15ft), spiked chain damage
    2d6+7, +4 to trip attack.