New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

AC: 16
    HP: 10/17
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 3/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 3/3

Maesyn continues his bard song.

Maesyn Silverhair

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mordiun feels a bit of shame when Savin finishes of the Aberration. His family has hunted these vile creatures for generations. He let the creature have a drop on him and let others finish his retribution for him. A real Goldminer wouldn't have allowed that... But right now he follows an other path. He is trying to prevent the blond man from reaching his fellow adventures. A man who has usual strength in his blows.

"Prin--Axara! I could use some help here!"
    de dwarf yells as he uses his bow as a club.

Spoiler
    Show

improvised club two handed (1d20+2)[2](4) damage (1d6+4)[10]
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, letting out a howl as the creature sinks slowly into the water, turns and surveys the situation with a feral look in his eyes. Seeing that he can't get to the river rafter, he takes a step and pulls out his javelin, and then throws it at the shadow guard with an arrow sticking out of him.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 13
    HP ~ 39; Current ~ 21+ 8 temp

Free action
    Rage (3/7)

Standard action
    attacking same shadow guard that Ryx hit with javelin
    (1d20+8)[14](22)

Crit conf
    (1d20+8)[5](13)

Damage
    (1d8+6)[3](9)

Move action
    5 foot step to E-F/5-6

Effects~
    Rage~ +4 strength, +4 constitution, -2 AC, +2 morale to Will save, 8 temp HP.
    Enlarge~ +2 Str, -2 Dex, -1 AC, +5ft reach (15ft), spiked chain damage
    2d6+7, +4 to trip attack.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Maesyn, Mordiun, Axara, Enemies, Savin, Ryxikor

Maesyn continues strolling his harp and using his charming voice to inspire courage to his team members.

Mordiun asks for Axara helps as he continues his futile effort to use his bow as a club and completely misses the blue eyes man.

Axara moves toward the river-rafter and swings her mace at him, while yelling. ‘Surrender, you spawn of Shar. Your monster is dead and your failed shadow portal rejects are as good as dead. I will guarantee you fair trial for your crimes against Mystra.. She hits the spearman but does not do much damages.

The two shadow guards focus their aim on the large Savin but both arrows easily miss the large target.

The river rafter laughs at Axara’s comments and instead drops his club on Mordiun’s head. The first hit brings him to the brink of passing out but the second split Mordiun’s skull in two. Axara in an horrified voice screams ‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mordiun: -5HP – Currently at -14/29 - Dead

Savin even more enraged by the death of the dwarf throw his javelin at the wounded guard. The weapon goes throw the armor front, body and armor back and sticks itself on the wall. The dead body of the guard hangs against the wall, pinned by the javelin.

Ryxikor, his first target dead, fire at the second guard and hits him.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bardic inspire courage: +1 to saves vs charm + fear, weapon damage rolls, and attack rolls.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

5. - Top - End - #755

ElfPirate

Once, Ryxikor hears Axara yell, he glances over his shoulder to see the gore and brain splatter over the stone floor. He tries not to think about it now, otherwise more could fall. Ryx pulls another arrow from his quiver, firing it at the remaining guard.

Spoiler
    Show

hp: 24/24
    ac: 15

move action: grab arrow, 5' step to D6
    standard action: range attack on SG1

attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    damage: (1d6+1)[7]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-09-06 at 01:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 10/17
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 3/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 3/3

Maesyn takes a moment to heal himself, ending his bard song... though the effects linger. He hears Axara's cry but can't see what happened to cause it.

Standard action: cure light wounds:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+4)[7]

Maesyn Silverhair

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

Addendum:

Move action: Maesyn moves out from hiding to see what the commotion is, hoping the remaining Shadow Guard prefers Savin as a target. (Move to G4.) He is shocked when he sees the rafter standing over the Dwarf's body.

Maesyn Silverhair

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Addendum:

Move action: Maesyn moves out from hiding to see what the commotion is, hoping the remaining Shadow Guard prefers Savin as a target. (Move to G4.) He is shocked when he sees the rafter standing over the Dwarf's body.

Maesyn Silverhair

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, as he hears Axara and see the fallen dwarf, lets out a bloodcurdling howl that is louder than anything he has done before.
    Rushing forward, he lashes out with his chain at the river rat.
    "You die!" he says, feral and guttural.

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 13
    HP ~ 39; Current ~ 21+ 8 temp

Free action
    Rage (2/7)

Standard action
    trip touch attack river rat
    (1d20+12)[12](24)

Strength check (I think the mods are correct)
    (1d20+14)[19](33)

If successful, follow up attack
    (1d20+12)[13](25)

Crit conf
    (1d20+12)[12](24)

Damage
    (1d20+11)[6](17)

Move action

Move to G-H/4-5

Effects~
    Rage~ +4 strength, +4 constitution, -2 AC, +2 morale to Will save, 8 temp HP.
    Enlarge~ +2 Str, -2 Dex, -1 AC, +5ft reach (15ft), spiked chain damage
    2d6+7, +4 to trip attack.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-09-07 at 07:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Maesyn, Mordiun (dead), Axara, Enemies, Savin, Ryxikor

Maesyn stops his singing and uses his control of magic to heal himselves. Then, intrigued by Axara screams, he goes deeper inside the dock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn: +7 – Currently at -10/17

The lifeless body of Mordiun lies on the ground as the pool of blood around it is getting bigger and bigger.

Axara gives a piercing look at the river rafter before moving back 5 feet and pulling out her holy symbol. ‘Mystra, hear me! One of yours have fallen! Allow me to avenge him!’ She points at the blonde man ‘YOU! HOLD STILL! .

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara casts Hold Person
    Round 1/4

The river rafter tries to resist Axara’s magic but fail. He is paralyzed and helpless, dropping his club on the ground.

The last remaining guard shadow guard aims and fire at Savin. The arrow hits its target.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -6 – Currently at -15/39 + rage

The river rafter stands there paralyzed. Is it fear or hatred that Axara sees in his blue eyes.

Savin moves forward and easily trips the paralyzed rafter. As he lays on the ground, the enlarger warrior drops the spike chain heavily on him.
    Ryxikor, takes his time and aims for the last remaining shadow guard. His arrow enters the man’s skull through his eyes, killing him instantly.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bardic inspire courage: +1 to saves vs charm + fear, weapon damage rolls, and attack rolls. Round 1/5
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761

ElfPirate

Ryxikor smiles as he sees the second guard drop to the ground in one shot. The elf turns to his right to see the rafter fighter drop his weapons, not sure if he is giving up or if he is bewitched by Axara, Bewitch might not be the correct term he thinks as he sneaks a peek at the shapely priestess.

Thinking the others have the situation under control for the moment, Ryx glances down to the crimson pool of blood around the unrecognizable dwarf's head. The elven warrior shakes his head, shoulders his short bow and slowly crosses the bridge.

Once on the other side of the bridge, Ryx looks to the woman to see if she is chained or shackled. "Are you ok? We can get you out of here. Whats your name?" he asks the woman while he searches the two guards for anything of value. Ryx checks the weapons and armor to see if they are of quality make, then takes all their arrows. Remembering one of them drank something, a potion maybe, he is sure to search for more.

Spoiler
    Show

move action: move 30' to either guard, umm 2nd one
    standard action: search guard
    free action: speak to woman

search: (1d20+9)[21]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-09-08 at 10:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 17/17
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 2/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 3/3

"We should tie him up," Maesyn suggests before Axara and Savin have a chance to exact their revenge. "Maybe he can offer us some information about what's going on... or explain where this river goes."

The bard casts another healing spell, touching Savin with the positive energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    cure light wounds: (1d8+4)[11]

Maesyn Silverhair

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, hearing Maesyn's words, nods as he hold back, ready to attack.

Spoiler
    Show

Can I delay while raging?

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Maesyn urges Axara and Savin to take the river rafter alive rather than execute him for the death of Mordiun. He also invoke his magic to heal Savinstops his singing and uses his control of magic to heal himselves. Then, intrigued by Axara screams, he goes deeper inside the dock.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: +11 – Currently at 26/39 + rage

Axara moves 5 steps next to the paralyzed rafter and wants to crush his skull but Maesyn words of wisdom resonate with her. She does not have a rope so with on swift kick she kicks the club down the river and grapple the prone blonde man. ‘Just give me a reason to kill, you spawn of a failed goddess .

The river rafter tries to break Axara’s spell but fails to do so. He is prone, paralyzed and grappled by the cleric.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hold Person round 2/4

Savin gets ready to attack but hold his spiked chain.

Ryxikor crosses the bridge and starts looting one of the dead guards. He finds the usual equipment: a long sword, a longbow, a banded mail and 15 arrows. He engages the woman prisoner. She is wearing an adventurer outfit and looks terrified. Her smell and looks indicates that she has been in that cell for quite a few days. ‘I am Veera Wavecrest. I am dirty smelly and starving. Get me out of here.’ Although she tries to be forceful, her tone of voice is weak.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bardic inspire courage: +1 to saves vs charm + fear, weapon damage rolls, and attack rolls. Round 2/5
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-09-10 at 06:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

ElfPirate

Ryxikor quickly moves to the next dead guard, ready to seach his corpse. The elf glances over to the others, but can't tell what they are doing, Axara seems to be grappling with him, but I thought she held him with a spell, shes's a strange one, he thinks to himself. "If your not gonna kill him, tie him up. And get his weapons away from him!" Ryx yells to his companions, hoping they don't let the fierce rafter lose.

He then listens to Veera and tries to let her know they mean know harm and can help her while he searches the body. "Veera, I'm Ryx. Yes you are dirty and a little smelly.." he says with a smile, as he looks up, but only for a second, as he doesn't waste time. "but, we're here to help you. We have food and we can get you out of here." Ryxikor says as he tries to console the woman.

"Can you walk?" he asks, as he prepares to cross the bridge again.

Spoiler
    Show

hp: 24/24
    ac: 15

free action: speaking
    standard action: search 2nd guard
    move action: cross bridge as far as he can

search: (1d20+9)[17]

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 17/17
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 1/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 3/3

"I'm afraid I neglected to purchase rope," the bard admits. "I didn't expect to meet anyone down here." He gets down on the ground to help Axara keep the rafter pinned.

Standard action: Join grapple: Grab check auto-succeeds (due to rafter being grappled); opposed grapple check auto-succeeds (due to rafter being paralyzed).

Maesyn Silverhair

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Savin stands, indecisive, as to what to do for a moment, as the fire in him begins to die and he sinks to his knees as he begins to feel the anger leave him.

Spoiler
    Show

Rage ends, Savin is fatigued.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Maesyn does not have a rope and joins Axara in grappling the blue eyed man, pinning him to the ground.

Axara still holding tight the rafter, releases him from the spell. ‘Just surrender. You have lost the fight. If you try to escape, our enlarged friend will crush your head as easily as he killed the monster. So do you surrender? I have released you from your paralysis. If you surrender, I will make sure that your trials for your crime is fair and just. .

The river rafter giggles at Axara’s words. ‘What crimes? All I did was to ferry people from one place to another? I did not commit no crimes. You attacked me and I had to kill the dwarf in self-defense. I committed no crime. But yes I surrender. You have won! Let me go.

Savin’s anger and rage comes to an end and he kneels feeling tired.

Ryxikor is not sure why Axara is grappling the blonde man and why Maesyn joins her. He comments about the woman prisoner hygiene, promises her food and freedom but instead search the second dead shadow guard. He finds the same equipment plus a potion. After than he moves back across the bridge.
    Veera yells in a weak voice ‘Hey, where are you going? Don’t leave me here. I need help as I can barely walk. Please. Come back ….

Spoiler
    Show
    Opening the potion to smell it to see if Ryxikor knows it is a standard action

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bardic inspire courage: +1 to saves vs charm + fear, weapon damage rolls, and attack rolls. Round 3/5
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

ElfPirate

"I'll be right back, with help" Ryxikor says to the dirty woman, Veera.

Once back to the other side of the bridge, Ryx moves over near the rafter and kicks the long spear out of his reach, not in the water, organripper drawn, just in case. "Yes, well, I wouldn't be so quick to say your innocent. What people did you ferry? And where did you ferry them to?"

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: Ryx didn't examine potion. And he left the other stuff to grab after we deal with the rafter
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-09-11 at 07:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Savin slowly gains his footing as he looks over the situation. Feeling drained, he leans his massive hand against the wall and stands, keeping an eye on the man that killed Mordiun.

"You will be avenged and your sister not forgotten, I swear before Tempus." he whispers, mostly to himself as he makes his vow.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    We are off combat mode as the blonde man is not trying to escape

Ryxikor joins the group and asks a few questions to the river rafter. The blonde man replies ‘All I do is take them with the catamaran to a special location and send them on their way. I am just following orders to transport them from one place to another. Let me go. I am innocent.

Savin in the meantime is expressing his feeling to the departed Mordiun.

Axara, still holding the blue eyes man tightly says ‘Anyone as a rope to tie him? I don’t trust him.

The rafter makes no effort to free himself from the grapple.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Savin swings his backpack around and rifles through it for a minute, producing some rope.

"Here." as he hands it over and kicks the blonde man's weapons away from him.

23. - Top - End - #773

ElfPirate

Ryx gets to his comrades as Savin gets rope out. Ryx takes the rope and carefully bounds the river rafter, "You keep saying them, who are these people you take? Where is this appointed place you transport them to?" Ryx removes pouches or anything the man may have, except his clothes, while he ties the rafter's hands behind his back, then bounds his arms

Ryx turns to Axara, "Axara, you may want to go and check on the female prisoner, Veera, is her name."

Turning back to the now prisoner, Mahir, "What about her?" the elf asks, jabbing a lean thumb over his shoulder in the direction of Veera, "Are you getting ready to take her?"

Suddenly, Ryxikor thinks about the happenings before he arrived. Some of the others had taken part in some sort of, who-knows-what. Something happened to Savin with that black crystal ball.

"So, these people you take, are they willing participants in this voyage, or do you have to use force?" After any kind of response, the elf continues, "If this is what you've been hired to do, what are the names of your superiors, and whats your payment?"

Turning to Savin and Mason, "Well, if we're not satisfied with his words, or thinks he knows more, I saw some intersting items in another room," he explains of the torture room, and pointing from the way they came, "I bet would help him to remember things more clearly.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-09-12 at 10:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Savin pulls out a rope and Rxyikor grabs it.

Axara and Maesyn get off the blonde man and slowly let him get up. Ryxikor ties his wrists, then his arms.

Ryxikor starts interrogating him. The rafter says ‘I take them down the Wyvernflow to a specific location. Them are the people Fembrys brings me to deliver. They seem happy to get on the boat. None has ever resisted. Fembrys has paid me. He told me that they are Mystrans on their way to a pilgrimage. I get paid 25 gold pieces per trip. I don’t ask question. I deliver them. Then I come back and wait. I ask no questions. I just ferry people to their destination. I don’t know anything. I take them on the boat. That is all I do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Check DC17
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems that the blonde man knows more than he says

The rafter seems to be trying to accomplish something be nothing happens.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blonde guy is trying to loosen the rope but fails

Now you know I am innocent. Can you just untie? I promise I will not try to escape. Or you could let me go. I can take the catamaran and disappear from your lives.

Axara goes see the woman. 'Hi Veera. I am Axara, a cleric of Mystra. I am going to get you out of here and heal you if needed.

She tries to open the door and cannot. She yells 'I need the keys of this cell'.

Ryxikor in the mean time take the inventory of what he took of the blonde hair man: a leather armor with no sign of wear, a long spear with no sing of wear either, 3 identical potions and 2 keys on a key chain.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-09-12 at 04:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775

ElfPirate

Making a neat little pile with the possessions from Mahir and the shadow guards, the elf suddenly remembers something, he unshoulders his backpack and pulls out a set of manacles. The part-time bounty hunter smiles and walks around behind the captive, clasping the manacles on his wrist, then using the ropes to tie his ankles, "Don't want you to go anywhere now, do we." Afterwards Ryx stands back up and goes to the pile of equipment, and picks up the spear, examining it, he says, "Well crafted weapon, to bad your using it and your fighting skills for the likes of Shar." Ryx watches the man's features closely to see if he gives anything away.

Once Ryx hears Axara yell for a key, Ryx goes back to the organized pile and grabs the keyring, handing it out to Maesyn or Savin, hopefully one will take it to her, while Ryx and the other look for more clues.

After giving the keys up, the elven warrior looks at the body of Mordiun for a moment, never knowing such an unlucky dwarf, he then moves deeper into the docks, to find sleeping quarters with a study, and kayak. Ryx moves to the desk first, of course looking for the obvouis first, anything on top or in drawers, but afterwards, he takes the drawers out and really starts a thorough search for anything hidden. After the desk, Ryx searches the bed, pulling the mattress off, looking for anything hidden underneath. Once Ryx has left the bed in shambles he looks at the kayak, not wanting to leave anything unchecked.

Spoiler
    Show

sense motive Mahir: (1d20)[11]
    search desk: (1d20+9)[20]
    search bed: (1d20+9)[19]
    search kayak: (1d20+9)[10]

Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-09-12 at 06:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive: (1d20+5)[22]
    Spot: (1d20+1)[13]

"Innocent, you say?" asks Maesyn pointedly. "Aren't you the one who called us 'moronic do-gooders'? And instructed the guards to shoot us? That indicates you have some measure of authority in these operations, and a vested interest in protecting them from discovery."

Maesyn Silverhair

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Savin watches the interplay between his allies and their captive.

"If he doesn't want to willingly talk, I say we must start by removing his finger and toes. To say that he didn't know what was going on does not smack true with me. But, " he walks menacingly forward and pulls out his dagger "once the nails come off, he'll squeal. Either that or when he looses his manhood."

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if I need to roll anything as Savin is serious.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor who is a trickster himself does not trust the rafter and puts manacles on him. The blonde man looks at him and replies ‘Is it really necessary? Where do you think I would go? I am innocent and nothing to fear.

When Ryxikor mentions Shar, the blue-eyes man laughs ‘You cannot be more wrong. I am not into chick goddess. I like chicks in my bed under me.

The group separates in each of their specific duties. Ryxikor gives the keys to Axara who goes opens the prison door. She says to Ryxikor ‘There is a second key. Not sure what it opens.

Axara helps Veera get out of the cell. The ex-prisoner has trouble walking. The priestess provides some first aid healing her and asks ‘So Veera, how did you ended up here?’. Veera replies ‘I am a buccaneer from the Vilhon Reach who came to Wheloon to repair my ship. I venerate both Mystra and Umberlee, and I visited the temple to pay homage to the Lady of Mysteries. I joined their Mystra Sacred trust ritual with 11 others. They separated the one with spellcasting abilities and the others. 9 of us came down. They put 8 in the boat and left me here. The blonde jerk was the captain of the boat. What else do you want to know? And by the way, what day it is?

In the meantime, Ryxikor search the blonde man room. On the untidy desk, covered with the debris of many partly eaten meals, the elf finds a stack of parchment, quills, and ink. The top piece of parchment is inked with a copy of a map showing an easy overland route from the temple of Mystra to a mysterious Lost Refuge. The desk also contains several unrelated maps of local river systems.

Ryxikor finds nothing in the bed other than dirty sheets but finds a locked long chest under the bed.

His search of the kayak reveals nothing.

Maesyn and Savin take the role of interrogator. When Maesyn indicates a few potentially incriminating statements made by the rafter, the man replies ‘Listen half-elf, I am not into this good or evil stuff. All I want is a place to sleep, a job that pays, two meals a days and get between the legs of the occasional wench. Nothing more. I had this gig until you guys came over and attacked us. This is why I asked the guards to attack. I was here in peace and then you guys came rushing in, trying to kills everything that walks. The guards listened to me because Fembrys told them to.

When Savin indicates that he would have no problem torturing him to get the truth, the blue eyed man shows fear. ‘Hey listen big guy, hold your horse. I am attached to my fingers and toes and especially my manhood! I am telling the truth. A priest of Mystra, Fembrys, asked me to bring some followers of his religion down the river and gives them a map to continue their pilgrimage. That is all I did. That is all I know. I got them on the boat. I sailed down the Wyvernflow. I dropped them and gave them the map. That is all. I did not touch them. I followed the order of a priest of Mystra. That is all I did. .

He has instinctively closed his legs as if it could add protection for his manhood.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779

ElfPirate

Ryxikor does his due diligence on searching this makeshift room. He hears Axara yell to him about an extra key, but he doesn't know what it goes to either. The elf scoops up the maps, walks around the corner to the other men, dropping the maps on is lap."Show us exactly."

After a moment, the elf goes back to his searching. When he is finished with the cluttered desk, Ryx moves to the bed. Once he finds the chest hidden underneath the bed, he smiles to himself, I think I just found where that key goes, he thinks to himself. Ryx unshoulders his backpack and removes the soft leather pouch with his picks and tools inside, he still has to work on this challenge. He searches the chest for traps, trying to disarm any he may find, afterwards he works onthe lock, trying to pick it. If the elven rogue fails to pick the lock, he goes to Axara and gets the second key to see if it works.

Spoiler
    Show

search for traps: (1d20+9)[25]
    disarm: (1d20+9)[18]
    pick lock: (1d20+10)[21]

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

"You don't care about 'good' and 'evil', but you were all too willing to feed the prisoner to that beast in the water," the bard points out. "And it was only when you figured out we'd try to stop you from doing so that you decided to attack. That doesn't speak well to your innocence, even if you aren't a follower of Shar."

He sighs. "Either way, though, the Purple Dragons will want to talk to you, I'm sure. Even if you're just a material witness and not a suspect."

Maesyn walks off and casts a detect magic spell, looking for magical auras in the alcove, the catamaran, on the rafter's person, and in the area of the cages. While the spell is active, he also directs it into the water to see if Mordiun's magic weapon is still there.

Maesyn Silverhair