New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

"I am Savin Ro Tukal, of the Cheetah Clan from the plains of Shaar. What Maesyn has spoken is the truth, plain and simple. We put ourselves at grave risk attempting to prove the plot that Tunaster uncovered. We will lead you through the temple to prove this. As I said before, counsel with the leaders of the church of Mystra will prove that this was not a sanctioned site of theirs. Additionally, with the proof we can provide, this will resoundingly prove that this is, in fact, a temple to Shar." as Savin stands there, back firm, he pauses for a moment, considering.
    "We have seen the death of a valiant friend, buried him, who was in search of his sister that was abducted.... we still seek her on his behalf, along with all the others who were abducted by these fiends. This I pledge to you to be the truth, by my ancestors."

The normally reserved warrior bowed his head to the Redbeard and his man, before taking a step back and letting the man say his peace.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

A silence follows Maesyn then Savin's speech.

Both Lord Redbeard and Constal Tholl look at each other.

Axara speaks up to keep the momentum 'My Lord Redbeard, I am a cleric of Mystra. I was sent here by Tunaster Dranik to help this group to find out more about the temple. Every thing they said is true. We are willing to stand interrogation in a under a circle of truth spell. In addition we did freer Veera, the Wicked Maiden captain who had fallen under the domination of the Starry Gnosis. We also believe Mhair knew about what was happening in the temple.'

She stops and stands nervously, waiting for an answer.

Constal Tholl is the first to speak, in a calm, control way. 'We have contacted the the Tower of Mystery. They have confirmed your story. I have read the report that we got from the forces we sent inside the temple. They have confirmed all the various things you said.

They were able to match the tortured, decapitated bodies to some of the trophies head. Amnic Basult's body has been returned to his wife who is inconsolable. We did found the body of Lady Arthas, Fembrys and unearthed Shan Thar.

Our clercis have confirmed that their holy symbol, which looked blank was hidden a symbol of Shar.

The drunk Kevrin has told a strange story of Zombies and blonde Maiden and disappearing elf. We believe he is mad.

Veera has confirmed your story, especially the domination part. She is well known quantity. She might be a wild woman but her words is gold with the merchants of Wheloon, so we feel that we can trust her.

We have the Starry Gnosis in our possession and contacted the Tower of Mystery. Tunaster Dranik is on his way to get it and bring it back for study.

We are still keeping Mhair in custody. He has confessed to stealing from the parishioners on their way to the 'pilgrimage' they are making. He claims that all he did was to conduct the pilgrims to their drop off points. He said he made sure Veera was feed. The woman confirmed that. When we asked about why he kept her in a cage, he said it was Fembrys order and he was afraid of him. We are not sure he is saying the truth. Can you add to that story?

But before you answer, I want to let you know that it is against the law to be a vigilante in Wheloon. We, the Purple Dragons, are here to enforce peace and the laws. You should have come to us as soon as you had proofs. Attacking the temple, even if it was run by Sharrans is not something you should have done. You have broken Wheloon's law.Am I clear?
    "

His tone is harsh and strong.

Before the group can answer, Lord Redbeard speak. His tone is full of the authority that rulers seem to have. "You have put us in bind. First we lose all the revenues the temple was bringing. Next you make the Purples Dragons look bad. Third, people are talking about a group of heroes bringing peace and the law. We cannot have that. We should imprison you. But I am a practical man. I am ordering you to follow the map and find out what is happening. You need to burn the hive now that you have stirred up the bees. You will leave tomorrow at dawn. This is not a choice, unless you want to add disobeying to a Lord's order to your list of crimes. "

He looks at each adventurer deep in their eyes, with his arms crossed around his chest. It is clear that he is not bluffing.

"Now that you understand me, let make it clear that neither Stoll or I trust you completely. Too many loose ends. First, you will stay in custody until tomorrow morning. If you need healing, we can provide that. In addition, you will go follow the map with a representative of Wheloon.'

He snaps his finger and a Purple Dragon opens a side door. A male gnome enters the room.

Constal Tholl says "I present you Quill who will be our eyes and ears.' Also his tone is deadly serious, you can see a small smile appears on his lips.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Quill Burrowden and his assistant at your service. We are looking forward to be working with you" the gnome makes a bow and his blue eyed weasel resting on his shoulders does the same.

As corrects his glasses he looks at the odd group and smiles "So you investigated a temple and discovered the abduction plot to be true, lucky."

"Sadly in my days the temples hid less evil secrets like the time that the head priest of--" he gazes toward the two nobles and koffs in shame. "oeps almost slipped that out."

"So boss do these vigilantes need some id papers? We don't want to send illegal adventures on a errant now would we? "

this pesky law
    Spoiler
    Show

Laws of Cormyr

All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
    Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
    Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

4. - Top - End - #814

ElfPirate

Ryx looks the gnome up and down, which doesn't take long, great a babysitter, Ryx thinks to himself.

Lucky? hmph not relishing the fact they have to tote one of Lord Redbeard lackies around.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

"You've provided us with an accountant?" he says, a bit of mirth breaking through his normally stony exterior.

"If we need these papers to continue our... almost voluntary investigation, we would appreciate it before we are hauled before you again before we can complete said investigation." He says to Redbeard, caring little for the city dweller titles of nobility.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Lord Redbeard listens to Quill and Savin before rolling his eyes and shaking his head in disgust. 'Tholl, I have a city to run. You take care of these issues.'

The Lord gets up and leaves the room, prompting everyone to stand up as he leaves.

Once the noble has left, Constal Tholl says 'Quill, you are absolutely right. You know better than anyone else the rules and regulation of Wheloon and Cormyr. I'll take that you will make sure that every thing is in good order.'

Axara steps in. 'Sir Tholl, as a priestess of Mystra I am asking you for permission to go in the town to purchase what is necessary for us to get ready for this mission. You have my word as a cleric that I will not cause trouble.'

The constal looks at her for a few seconds before adding. 'Fine as long as you go without armor or weapons.'

Axara smiles 'The only weapon I need is around my neck' pointing to her holy symbol. Also, if Tunaster Dranik arrives before we leave, I would like to have a word with him.'

Maximus Theoll is non-committing. 'We shall see.'

Axara bows 'Thank you kind Sir. Can I go over our possessions with my friends to see what we need to buy and sell?'

The Constal nods yes and dismisses them with a gesture of the hand.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

Savin hesitated, unsure whether to try to persuade the party into going now to save Mordiun's sister or to resupply the vital things they may need to succeed at saving her and the others. Pragmatism, in the case, wins out, as is evident on his face.

"Let us be off. We have already lost another night and every hour could be precious. We have no idea what these jackals could be doing to them."

8. - Top - End - #818

The gnome looks over the group with a smile like he was promised free candy.
    He recovers from his excitement and corrects his glasses that had almost fallen from his long nose.

"The charter is really important without it one large group as yourself isn't even allowed to carry weapons as lethal as yours did. It is a miracle the dragons didn't catch you sooner." the small guy shrugs his shoulders

"Let's find a place to sit as we go over the charter. Just follow me to my office"

As he leaves the courtroom he gives a bow to the constal. And requests to one of the dragons that the taken gear should be brought to his office.

ooc: filling out the chater will make the gnome more known to the group i think. Could have posted more but maybe the other want to do some thing in the courtroom first.

9. - Top - End - #819

ElfPirate

Ready to be done with these formalities, Ryxikor follows the others quietly.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Although previously eager to get the Purple Dragons involved with this investigation, Maesyn's mood sours as he realizes these officials expect complete control over everything that happens in their city. He's used to much more relaxed and flexible ways, and doesn't appreciate the implied threats leveled against them for inadvertent law-breaking. A law that failed to take into account circumstances was an unjust law, as far as he was concerned.

Still, he knew enough to keep his mouth shut until Redbeard and Tholl leave. He is now eager to get out of the city and accompanies the strange Gnome to his office to get these silly formalities out of the way.

Maesyn Silverhair

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Savin is eager to go after the petitioners but Axara stops him. "You are right Warrior but we need to understand that we are walking on thin ice. Tunaster had no business sending you there without the proper orders. He is an old exentric and broke so many of Cormyr laws. Let's play by the books now! OK."

She winks at him, blows him a silent kiss and nods toward where the gnome is.

The gnome takes them to his office, to the relief of Tholl.

Maesyn and Ryxikor follow silenty but unhappy about the situation. However they know that they could get in a bigger world of trouble if they don't show a sign of compliance.

Once in the office of Quill, Axara says in a very flirty voice "Sir Accountant, how about you do your papers works while me and my group go do our shopping. I promise I won't tell anyone if you don't tell.' She smiles at him, rub his head and starts moving toward the door.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822

Quill corrects his hair after the involuntary head rub. Why do these "fulllings" persist in treating his kin like children.

He recovers his pen as well as the document and sits down ad his highted chair in front of his desk. As the priestess walks to the door.

"If you think it is wise pass the country as Miss Pairs, Mr. Muscles, Half-a-Silver and Ravenhair of Wheelon's vigilantes?"

he sighs as the point of his pen scratches his ear.

"I need your names, your register number, your roll in the group (Muscle, Arcanist, Healer or "Locksmith" he grins with the last word "or something else.--
    And a signature or tree."

"If any of you hasn't had the change to register itself at an officials border garrison when entering this country. There will be some paperwork for it. I advice you fill it out as it's highly illegal without one."

Just see it as a courtesy matter of your newest party member. Getting you arrested for these trival things won't help anyone."

"Also filling out the charter gives a few perks for what it's worth. As you are order by nobility for the task it will be the city that pays to get us to the appointed destination so fresh trail ration and water as well as bedrolls will be provided free of charge."

He spreads the charter in front of him as his weasel looks over his shoulder.
    "I know it's a drag but see it as a opportunity to introduce each other."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn records his role as "Scholar and Chronicler", signing his full name with an Elven flourish. He includes the registration number received when he arrived in Cormyr months ago.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-09-22 at 08:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Savin scowls at the gnome... "Mr. Muscles???" he mumbles to himself but loud enough for the others to hear.

Taking the pen, he fills out the requisite information.

As the others are finishing, he leans against the wall and glowers at Tholl.

City people and their strange laws he thinks to himself.

Once the rest of the group finishes up, he pushes himself away from the wall and looks around. "Ready? Let us hurry and do what we need to do so we can be on our way."

15. - Top - End - #825

ElfPirate

Ryx stands with his arms crossed over his chest, his black wide-brimmed foppish hat pulled over his brow, hiding his murderous glare, "This is ridiculous." he says, as he pens- scout: Ryxikor Ravensclaw.

"I have no number, I've been in this kingdom for only a week and know nothing of register numbers." Ryx backs up, sets his hands on his hips, "What is this foolishness, if Mordiun were still alive, he wouldn't stand for this nonsense."

Looking to Savin, "Yes ready, muscles." the elf says sarcastically, mocking the gnome, "Let us be gone and on our way."
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-09-23 at 04:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #826

As the Gnome looks at Maesyn role description he smiles "Maybe we will get along fine."

Not phased by the Drama, Savin and Ryxikor made about the charter. He had worse costumers. But I just can't let the elf leave without a number even if he has to pull a few strings to do so.

"As the purple dragons would put" Quill stands tall salutes the weasel on the table and speaks in a deep voice "That one isn't registration it has something to hide. Halt citizen inspection. You won't cooperate? In the dungeon with you."

The gnome sits down and continues in his gnomish voice "True, you have to catch the attention of the purple dragons first. For these unpleasantness." he sighs "but you already did. I hate to see you arrested for these white tape kind of unpleasantries. While i will be travelling with you it doesn't make you immune to Cormyr's laws." he hands the Ryx a document "sigh here, I will take care of the rest."

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puffmagicdragon View Post
    "What is this foolishness, if Mordiun were still alive, he wouldn't stand for this nonsense."
    "One could argue that that is why Mordiun is not still alive," Maesyn points out. There's no mean spirit in his tone, just a gentle reminder that bravery need not mean rashness.

Maesyn Silverhair

18. - Top - End - #828

ElfPirate

The elf looks to Maesyn then back at the gnome, he glances over the document, then signs it. Ready to leave this office, Ryx doesn't say a word.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara smiles at Quill 'Miss Pairs? Yeah, I bet you would like to see them and put your gnomish hands on them. Sorry, you don't enough gold for that.'

She shakes her head and looks at the group with a look saying 'Where does he come from?

'Here is the info, I am Axara, priestess of Mystra. I do not have a number because the wizards of the Tower of Mystery teleported me here. Let me sign the papers and let's be on our way'.

The woman follows the other three members are filling up the paperwork and trying to get a sense of the abrasive little accountant.

When Maesyn replies to Ryxikor comment about Mordiun, she nods in agreement. 'Maesyn is right on this one.'

Axara decides to accelerate the things by opening the door but the two Purple Dragons are standing there and immediately cross their halebards to block the way.

She looks at Quill 'Hey bureaucrat, I have shopping to do. Can you call your guards dogs off?'
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #830

ElfPirate

As Axara stands near the door, Ryx tells her and Maesyn, "Yes, I understand, his overzealousness, almost to the point of foolishness got the dwarf killed. I grow tired of being jailed and of these formalities, seems we've wasted much time."

He looks back to the diminutive accountant, hoping they're almost finished and may soon be able to leave, so they can see to more pressing matters.

21. - Top - End - #831

As Axara signs the two documents. Quill gives the the finishing touches to the charter Quills Aquann "lure" Seebo Burrowden. his registration number and as roll "Magician speciality Illusions/ eyes and ears of Wheelon/ accounted/ reporter" And the name of the adventure party Wheelon's vigilantes. The Gnome accounted slides down his chair and walks strait under his desk. Waving de charter to the guards "These four are now on official business for the purple dragons let them pass." he looks at axara as his eyes go to the rest of the group "While this charter normally would allow you to wear your weapons openly I advice to have them peace bound at all times. the PD's don't favor you right now." he hands the charter either to the priest or the bard.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara takes the paperwork from Quill while shaking her head. She leaves the room and goes shopping wearing her commoner outfit. As she goes trading her goods, she ensures an extra button is open thinking to herself ‘Men!’.

She trades all they found in the dungeon of the temple, less the amulet, the rapier and various other items. She buys for herself a magically enhanced armor. She would have enjoyed a better quality mace but they are too expansive.

Axara returns to the group and gives each one their shares of the gold proceeds. ‘Do we leave now and walk at night or leave tomorrow first thing? And what about babysitting the accounting? Who will make sure he does not get in the way?

She pauses before adding. 'I am not a big fan of walking in the big swamp at night ....'
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #833

Quill adds the finishing touches to all the documents one of each he places in the archive while he sends a copy of each one to the courier to the accountants in Suzail.

He then grabs a map to see how much food and water one must carry to get to there destination.

edit: and looking if one has to travel trough private land. (hunting there is illegal ^_-)
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-09-24 at 03:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Survival Roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    To find out how much food and water from the map, Survival roll needed

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #835

Survival roll (1d20+1)[9] no bonus only 5 ranks in arcane.

ooc: let's see if Quill is to excited and makes a mistake.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Using the map to the Lost refuge that Ryxikor found, Quill estimates the following:

1) To go from Wheloon to Mhair drop of point on foot using the Way of the Manticore and the Hullback Trail is about 15 miles which would take 5 or 6 hours by foot.

2) From the drop of point to the Unknown shrine, it is 15 miles in the swamp or approximately a full day at a normal walking pace.

3) The tomb of Chonis is another 15 miles or another day in the vast swamp.

4) The lost refuge is about 10 miles or 6 hours.

5) The monastery is also around 10 miles or 6 hours.

The gnome is all proud of his calculation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Walking more than 6 hours is a forced march which has consequences
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #837

ElfPirate

"Well, after being jailed," Ryx looks towards Quill, then back to Axara and the others, "and doing nothing but sit and wait, I'm rested and restless. Considering the time frame I just heard, I would like to strike out soon, do most of the walking at night, going to the drop off point. Once we get to the drop off point, we could rest and eat. Then head to this unknown shrine early in the morning."

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

The compact warrior rubs his chin, noting that he needs to get a shave before he starts to look to shaggy.

Looking at Ryx and Quill, he says "That seems best but once we get to the swamp, I agree with the lady... we should only travel during the day. Based on what our new companion has pointed out, we have a few days walking ahead of us. Anything else?"

29. - Top - End - #839

ElfPirate

"I believe we should make all preparations in haste, strike out before midnight. If we take the Way of the Manticore to the Hullack trail, we should arrive at Mhair's drop off point before sunrise. After we rest, eat do whatever you need, we strike out at first light through the swamp to the unknown shrine. That would give us a full day for the march, then we can rest at the shrine." the elf hesitates only momentarily,"Now travelling at night for that long will likely bring us unwanted company, whoa-be to the bandit or monster that happens on to the Vigilantes." he says with a wry grin.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara looks at Savin and Ryxikor.

'It is around 3 hours past mid-day. The sun will set in around 5 hours based on the previous day. If we leave now, we could reach the drop-off point right before night, to allow us to rest. We would be spending the night at the hedge of the Vast Swamp which is not the safest place on the realms. Quill, Maesyn, what do you think?'
    Spoiler
    Show