Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 960 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elf gives a concerned look at the half-human, thinking of the impetuous dwarf, who got his skull spattered by doing this very thing, Is he trying to get rid of me, nah, surely not, the dead could have heard that dwarf moving stealthy.

    The elven scout, looks up to the columns, thinking he can even see a line of smoke rising up into the darkness from the cookfire, he turns back to the group, "Sure." is all he says as a cryptic smile starts to cross his face. Ryx unshoulders his backpack, and slides both his short bow and quiver inside, as he doesn't plan on firing arrows. "Stay back forty to fifty feet, and if I call come running."he says as he accepts the spell from Maesyn then starts off silently into the brush.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Listen: (1d20+3)[17]
    Spot: [roll]1d20+3[/roll

    hide and move silent check were rolled about hour and a half ago
    let me know if more are needed
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-16 at 11:09 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Axara nods in agreement to the plan “stealth and quietness is not my forte with all the metal I carry.

    The group decides to send Ryxikor in reconnaissance and Maesyn uses his communication spell to allow the rogue to keep the rest of the group informed.

    The elf takes off his equipment and stats moving. It is amazing how silent Ryxikor is as he climbs the hill, with the rest of the group fifty feet back.

    As the rogue crests the hill, he looks into the circular ruins of a once-proud structure of white stone. A thick wall rings an area flagged in white slabs with both standing and fallen columns. A low dais occupies the center of the structure. Sitting near a small fire set in a niche in the wall are a well-dressed male gnome and a similarly attired human male. A rabbit is burning on the spit as they stare at the flames; a horse and pony stand tethered nearby.

    Human: Can you believe our luck?

    Gnome: I told you, if it was not for bad luck, we would have no luck at all.

    H: What are we going to do?

    G: Not sure. The entire shipment might be wasted.

    H: Just our luck.

    The two men are really engrossed in their conversation and have not noticed Ryxikor at all.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-10-16 at 11:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  3. - Top - End - #933
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elven mercenary hides comfortably in the shadows, trying to figure out what the two might be talking about, shipment, wasted, hmm, Ryx then whispers very softly, "There is a finely dressed gnome and human and their mounts. They don't seem to be threatning, come on up, but try not to be loud. They are talking about a shipment that might be wasted." The sneaky rogue continues listening to see what information he can gather.

    Once the others appear, Ryxikor still hides in the shadows for a bit.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-16 at 12:43 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The two men continue their discussion, totally unaware that they are listened to:

    H: So what are we going to do?

    G: I don't know. What do you think?

    H: No idea. Things were going well. It was such a good storage place.

    G: Yes. Too good. So what are we going to do?

    H: I don't know.

    The human gets up, rotates the rabbit and goes back to sit down next to the gnome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Axara looks at the rest of the group and whispers "Are you sure you want me to come up? I will give up our position with this maiden-form restraining armor."

    she starts moving generating a grinding loud metal on metal sound.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[9](13) 5 - 4 = 1

    Should have been a -4



    The human and the gnome get up at once and say at the same time "Who goes there?"

    Neither of them seem to be going for their weapons.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-10-16 at 01:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ooc: Quill is still unaware that they are called but if the group advances toward the duo.

    Then the gnome will walk toward them the rabbit over his shoulder and his familiar walking besides him.

    "Good evening" the gnome waves toward the luckless duo "We saw your fire from afar and we thought... hey there is a fire there maybe we can ask these good fellows to borrow there fire to roast our rabbit we caught frolicking with the nearby borrow creatures. You caught a rabbit to lucky i bet i had a larger army helping me though."

    edit: a just to late he is aware now proceed.
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-10-16 at 01:37 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Just travelers, friends; we mean no harm and would share your campfire if you have room," states the half-Elf bard as he emerges into the light. He presents himself as non-threateningly as possible.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn takes 10 on any needed skill checks.



    Maesyn Silverhair

  8. - Top - End - #938
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Finally hearing the others approach, and hearing the words of Quill and Maesyn, Ryxikor decides to wait to see what kind of reply the strangers give before he gives up his position.

  9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The two men look at each other and then at the group. The human male does spend more time than needed checking Axara's armor.



    The male gnome seems very happy to see Quill.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gnome Speech
    Human Speech


    "Hello . . . Hello ... This is my inestimable colleague ... Norry Waywocket. And this is my esteemed friend ... Coobert Drafrworth"

    "Would you like some tea? .. Do you take sugar? .. Please, feel free to join our humble camp .... and we will be more than happy to share our rabbit..... Neither of us are that hungry."

    The two men conclude each other sentences as if they have been together for a long time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  10. - Top - End - #940
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Glancing around a bit and having only seen the two mounts, Ryxikor is fairly confident there are no others around but these two, however, he is still reluctant to expose himself just yet. So he waits and listens to where the conversation leads, wondering what the pair could have meant by 'shipment' that might be wasted, before coming into the firelight.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-16 at 10:24 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #941
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    With another gnome around quill doesn't realise he speaks a little bit faster.

    "Quill "Quillmeister" Burrowden" the gnome takes a deep bow he then presents the rest of the group to these luckless duo. "and this is my Assistant" the weasel head bows down in in a sign of respect. "thebigmanoverhere goesbythename Mister Savin "muscles" Ro Tukal, the silver haired halfelf orisit half human iamneversure is Maesyn "Charms" Silverhair i couldcallhim silver butthatwouldbe unoriginal right?" the gnome looks around searching for the elf but decides to skip him for now "And the ladyoverhere Miss Axara "pairs" priestess of the big mother of magic" the gnome takes a deep breath afterwards.

    He sits down by the fire "ah tea i got the feeling i forgot something when packing. nosugar mybosses have banned them inmy presents at a 30 feet radius, besides i needmy 8 hoursleep verysoon" he presents his own caught rabbit "Let's share two rabbitstogether shallwe with everyone ifear my companionsget tired ofthetrailrantions pritty quick" he waves to the rest of the exposed party urging them to sit down to.

    "But my assistant get's the best part. Yes she does who did all the hardwork, right. yes you did" the gnome said loveling as he pats the weasel over here head.

    ooc: he will adress Ryxikor as Ryxikor "Silks"Ravensclaw if he decides to appear.
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-10-17 at 12:34 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show

    As Savin is walking up, he wants to spy the ground to see if there are any other recent tracks
    Spot
    (1d20+6)[3](9)
    Survival
    (1d20+8)[4](12)



    The compact warrior stands to the side, javelin point dug into the ground as he tries not to look threatening.
    As their newfound companion introduces him as 'Muscles', he smiles and nods to the travelers.

  13. - Top - End - #943
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor stays hidden, observing to see how the situation develops.

    Quill, suddenly excited to see a gnome goes into a long and very fast tirade and introduces the entire group less Ryxikor.

    Axara rolls her eyes and shakes her head as he calls her Pairs again but says nothing.

    Savin tried to see if he could see tracks of the petitioners but he cannot see anything. The last rain has washed any track in the area.

    The warrior stands silent next to Axara and Maesyn.

    Narry Waywocket, the gnome, takes Quill’s rabbit and skins and guts it and put it on the fire pit.

    Coobert Draftworth, the human, splits the first rabbit and shares it with the group, including Quill’s weasel. “So what brings you in these parts of the realms?

    In the meantime, Narry put a pot of water to boil to prepare tea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  14. - Top - End - #944
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As the strangers seem to be a friendly sort, Ryxikor, always the suspicious one, 'finally' catches up with the rest of the group, he offers an excuse as he enters the clearing, "Ugh, sorry for lagging behind again, my cloak got snagged." he says as he holds up the tattered hem of his gently used cloak, showing a rip.

  15. - Top - End - #945
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Gentleman" Quill exclaims as the elf appears "Ryxikor "Silks" Ravensclaw"

    As he turns toward Coobert he explains at a normal pase again "Well we are following a map that would lead us to a gathering of spellcasters and in a map the friendly Mhair profided us these ruines are a landmark to get there. Some of our friends may have passed here earlier probably a week ago. Probbaly in a daze." the gnome smiles "have you seen them?"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  16. - Top - End - #946
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elf turns to the two strangers, takes off his wide brimmed hat in a flourish, ending in a broad sweeping bow, "Well met, gentlemen." he says as he straightens up, returning his hat.

    "And what brings you to this inhospitable marshland?" Ryx asks, thinking of the gambol more and more since the setting of the sun. As the wily warrior listens to the pair and Quill, noting how well dressed they are, Ryx looks them over as they prepare the tea and rabbits, looking for weapons, jewelry, fat pouches and such.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-17 at 01:41 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #947
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn seems content to let the verbose Gnome speak for the group... perhaps feeling he wouldn't be able to get a word in edgewise. He waits to hear the answer to Ryx's and Quill's questions, though he does take a seat and accepts a spot of tea.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor comes out of the shadows and joins the group.

    Axara pulls how his bow and quivers and throws them at the rogue “What took you so long, elf? You don’t like rabbit?

    Savin, Axara and Maesyn sit by the fire. Axara refuse the food and the tea while Maesyn just get some tea. Savin is more than happy to get Axara and Maesyn portion.

    Quill introduces Ryxikor and asks if the two men have seen the petitioners.

    "We have been at the shrine ..... for only one day and we .... have not seen anyone go through. Actually you ... are the first people we have seen.

    Ryxikor inquires about the two men.

    "We're merchants ... Small time stuff really . . . But we do a good business in small portable goods . . . Decorative jewelry, liqueurs, silks . . . That sort of thing."

    The human merchant wears a chain shirt, a cloak, a short sword and a dagger. Ryxikor also notice nice pearl earrings, a ruby necklace and a diamond ring.

    The gnome is a cloak and a dagger. He has a couple of wands as well as two normal looking rings. In addition, he wears Ruby earring, an emerald ring and a signet ring.

    "So, where do your travels .... are taking you going forward?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin arches his eyebrows at the question... and the continues to shovel food into his mouth.

    Let them come up with something he thinks to himself I would just either tell them the truth, something that would offend them, or some lie that they would see through.

    He looks at Quill, who seems to have the gift of gab, hoping the impish gnome will steer the right course.

  20. - Top - End - #950
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Where heading east in the morning" the gnome blurrs out after taking a bite from the roasted rabbit after chewing and swallowing it first Quill is no wilder gnome. "we heard there is a tomb there and as I am interested in old religion and ruins it might be worthwhile checking out." Quill picks his ear as he thinks.
    after taking a sip from the tea.
    "Bytheway, you mind if i examine this ruin some closer there is not much known about so hard to resist"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  21. - Top - End - #951
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Indeed," comments the Bard, "this is an unusual place to find merchants camped. Most stick to the Way of the Manticore if they're on their way to Sembia." He watches the two for reactions.

    "Oh, since you're merchants... perhaps you might be interested in this." He pulls out the book of sketches by Klaire Gatewood. "We acquired it recently but don't have a good sense of its worth. Are you familiar with the work?"


    Maesyn Silverhair

  22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The human and the gnome open their eyes wide at the same time:

    "You're planning on passing the Tomb of Chonis! . . . We ought to warm you. . . We passed there just yesterday and ... Noted some bandits had taken up residence."

    They simultaneously say "We've worked together so long, we think alike. Sometimes too much alike."

    "No one goes to the Tomb of Chonis but bandits ... Scoundrels . . . And monsters . .. They must be using it as ... A base for raids on the road.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    When Maesyn exposes that it is a strange location for merchants, they both turn red.

    "Well, I'm embarrassed to admit . . . We lack a warehouse in this region ... And since few know of this tomb .. . And fewer still go there... Well, now you know .. Our predicament."

    The gnome looks at the book of sketches and looks at the human merchants "Are these what I think they are?
    Yes. Klaire
    Gatewood.
    Nice.
    Very Nice."

    They look towards Maesyn "Silver ... Elf .... Are you ... Selling or .... Appraising? They ... are worth 200 but ... we would buy for 100..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  24. - Top - End - #954
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The elf moves a large stone closer to the campfire, accepting some of the offered rabbit, but refusing the tea, preferring to drink water from his own waterskin. He listens to the conversation, perplexed, as he tries to keep up with the strange speeking pattern of the two 'merchants'. I've seen many merchants wear fine clothing and adorned with jewelry, real or fake, but, non as well armed as these two He keeps a sharp ear, listening for any signs of movement from carnivorous animals or friends of this pair.

    "Yes, that's what I was wondering, why the two of you would be way out here, instead of taking advantage of the comforts in town." He glances around, then his eyes go a little wider, "Do you know of gambols? They are huge carnivorous apes with huge canines..." Ryx points to his teeth to accentuate the point, ", we had to fight one off early this morning."

    Ryxikor listens to the group, not quite understanding, inquires about the tomb and their goods, "Being merchants as you are, I was wondering where your wagons are, where you keep your wares. Are you saying the tomb is your 'warehouse'?"
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-18 at 12:52 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor does not hear nor spot any potential carnivorous animals.

    The gnome starts answering "The large carnivorous ape?... We have seen them .... from a far ... we are merchants ..... not hunter .... "

    They stopped and look at each other before continuing "Yes sadly ... the tomb of ... Chonis is our .... warehouse ...."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  26. - Top - End - #956
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    An eyebrow arches up on the angular face of the mercenary elf, I knew it, highwaymen, but there are only the two, a formidable pair he thinks to himself, and of the gnome and the destruction he could possibly do with those two wands. Ryxikor looks back at the horse and pony, figuring these are the only two around.

    Then the elven rogue thinks of something, he looks questioningly to the strange pair, "Forgive me merchant Coobert and merchant Norry, I'm a little confused, you say you use this Tomb of Chronis as your warehouse, but didn't just a moment ago you say, 'No one goes to the Tomb of Chonis but bandits, scoundrels and monsters'." not looking for an answer, Ryx continues on smiling with a more mocking question, "Now forgive me again, but you don't seem that scary, well, certainly not scary enough to be monsters, so which are you then, the bandits or the scoundrels?" The elf's eyes narrow as his fingertips dance across the realistic human heart-shaped pommel of organripper.

    Spoiler
    Show

    sense motive: (1d20-1)[5]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-18 at 02:11 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #957
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The gnome grabs a parchment and some ink and one of his duck feather quills.

    "Do these bandits-go-by a name, what is the name of there leader? Can you give a number? Any info you can give about the Bandits? We must head that wat regardless any info you might give us might enhance our chances."

    knowledge local: (1d20+5)[9] to try to piece things together.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Noory Wayfearer and Coobert Draftworth laugh at the elf's joke.

    "We are not ..... bandits. Our weapons are .... only for defense against .... highwaymen in full armor .... and weapons.

    They point to the group as they mention armor and weapons.

    "The last time I was called .... a scoundrel was ... when I ran away from the bedroom of the daughter of a rival merchant..

    Both the gnome and the human starts laughing really loud.

    Answering Quill "for the bandit, well they were small ... They might be goblins... or kobolds... They did look like bandits ... dark... swarthy... armed .. they certainly didn't look friendly... Certainly not. That is all .... we know.

    They then points to the book of drawing Maesyn showed them "Be careful jumping .... to conclusions, especially when .. your in possession of ..... of stolen art.

    They smile at the group and make so sign of going for their weapon or anything. Instead, they each take a bite of the rabbit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  29. - Top - End - #959
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "What makes you think the artwork is stolen?" asks Maesyn. He shoots a glance at Ryxikor, wondering what the Elf is thinking.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The gnome smiles
    "As we said, we are ....
    merchants and there are limited..
    work of Klaire Gatewood. This drawing ...
    were reported stolen ....
    a while ago. As we said, we are ...
    merchants and it is our .....
    business to know these things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •