New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041424358 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

"Kobolds" the blue robed gnome scratches his ear with the the point of the feather, "We should be at the look out for traps then, and archers lots of archers. Well if it are goblins i am in the dark my village thought us about kolbolds not goblins"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

2. - Top - End - #962

ElfPirate

The elf finishes his rabbit, fruit and bread in silence, listening to what the duo says. After taking a few swigs off his waterskin, Ryx washes his hands off, then wiping them dry with a cloth he produced from his backpack. When finished, Ryxikor stands up and stretches, he turns around and lays his backpack on the ground up against his stone seat. As he straightens back up, the troublesome elf starts mumbling to himself as he walks away from the campfire, hoping the spell Maesyn cast on him is still in effect, he quietly whispers., "Maesyn, when I first heard them, they were saying something about a shipment being wasted, and it was such a good storage place, they must have been talking about the tomb. But what I keep thinking about is, they said only bandits, scoundrel and monsters use that place, and they use that place. They told on themselves, didn't they? Whats their business, dealing in stolen art?" he laughs a bit at this last remark, but quickly composes himself.

Ryx hesitates for a moment, then turns and looks at the duo, "You don't happen to have any of those liquors on you now, would you? A few drinks would probably help us forget about that gambol we fought off earlier, not to mention sleeping better." he says, hoping he didn't just yell in Maesyn's head.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-18 at 07:06 PM.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn nods, signalling that he understood Ryx's message. He addresses the merchants.

"Hm, stolen from Ms. Gatewood herself, then? Or from a collector? If it was stolen, I'm afraid we couldn't sell it. We'll have to try to get it back to its rightful owner," he points out.

Finishing his tea, he continues: "Let me see if I understand the situation, then, gentlemen. You, lacking a warehouse, have taken to secreting a number of your trade goods at the Tomb of Chonis. You thought it safe because -- other than yourselves -- only the occasional bandit or monster passes through. Going there yesterday, however, you indeed discovered that a group of bandits had taken up residence, preventing you from accessing your cache.

"Have I followed you correctly?"

Maesyn Silverhair

4. - Top - End - #964

ElfPirate

"Well, and trying to knowingly purchase stolen goods." Ryx adds with a sheepish grin, as he meanders around, looking for a comfortable spot for his bedroll.

5. - Top - End - #965

As he sips from the tea Quill starts to wonder does "Silks" actively tries to pick a fight with these guys? "There are two kinds of bandits in this world the one that steal from the dead and the scared. And the once that are merchants who sell there wares for more coin then it's actual worth. Economy thrives on the later. I think You failed to notice the metaphor Silks"

With that Quill gets up and inspects the white ruin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Architecture) (1d20+8)[16] and using a charge of dancing lights to inspect it better.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Savin stands, walks towards one of the exits and spits out a piece of fatty gristle outdoors. Returning, he leans back against the wall, waiting for the merchants to respond to the not so subtle accusations being thrown out, waiting to see their response.

"Let me see if I understand the situation, then, gentlemen. You, lacking a warehouse, have taken to secreting a number of your trade goods at the Tomb of Chonis. You thought it safe because -- other than yourselves -- only the occasional bandit or monster passes through. Going there yesterday, however, you indeed discovered that a group of bandits had taken up residence, preventing you from accessing your cache.

"Have I followed you correctly?"
    "And, if that is so, I'm assuming they are plundering your wares as we speak..."

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Norry smiles at Quill:
    We said goblins or …
    Kobolds but it was to ….
    Indicate the size. They look small and….
    Unfriendly bandits.

Ryxikor asks for liquors and Coobert sights.
    If we had access to it, we ….
    Would definitively offer you …
    Some. May be you can ….
    Help us get it back?

When Maesyn inquires about the stolen art, Norry is the first
    Stolen from a convoy from …
    Klaire Gatewood to at ..
    Rich merchant collector. At least that is….
    What the rumor said.

When Maesyn summarize the merchants situation, they both say at the same time You Got It

As Ryxikor accuses them of purchasing stolen goods, both Colbert and Norry roll their eyes
    I am not the one in ….
    Possession of stolen art. How do we know ….
    You are not the people who ….
    Stole it?

Quill tries to defuse the building tension between the merchants and Ryxikor. Coober tsays
    “Listen to the gnome, elf…..
    He knows what he is talking about.

Savin was unlucky to get a piece f fatty rabbit and leaves to spit it out. He comes back and asks about the bandits and the merchants’ good.

Norry eyes lights up.
    “Now you understand …
    Our predicaments … Our cargo ….
    Is being potentially looted ….
    By these bandits.

Axara stays silent during the exchange.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

8. - Top - End - #968

Pulling Maesyn by the sleeve He wispers "We should help them. The bandits even if there kolbolds could form a problem if our mission turns out better and we head back with survivors. "

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to post it

Quill inspects the old ruins and finds out that the ruins are indeed quite old and do not reflect a specific style or period.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #970

ElfPirate

Obvious, they, Norry and Coobert, are the bandits themselves, Ryxikor remains silent and listens.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, a bit annoyed at having to bob back and forth between the two merchants, waits for them to finish before he digests what they say.

"And, if we help you, what is in it for us?"

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Maesyn tries to figure out how sincere Noory and Coobert are and concludes that they are telling the truth.

Quill suggests to Maesyn that helping them might be in the group best advantage.

Ryxikor stays silent, persuaded that Norry and Coobert are bandits.

Savin finally speaks and every one listens as he asks the merchants why they should help them.

Noory and Coobert looks at each other and smiles:

We are merchants and we …..
    Are most comfortable dealing with ….
    Gold so if you help us …..
    Retrieve our goods we will give ….
    100 gold pieces to …
    Each one of you.

Axara stays silent, playing with her ring of sustenance.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #973

Quill tabs his spell book "I would been more buoyant (happy) with a scroll or a gem that works for my Identify spell" he shrugs "Considering the risk we find the price can get up a bit."

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Savin looks at the others for a moment pondering.

"Could the two of you give us a moment to talk amongst ourselves?"

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Noory shakes his head at Quill.

We are merchants and ...
    Giving you more gold would make ....
    the cargo useless as we ....
    would lose all our ....
    profits and more.

Coobert nods at Savin and both say at the same time.

Please take your time.

Axara gets up and approaches the warrior "What do you have in mind Savin?'
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ogre in the Playground

"We're headed that way anyway; it's likely we'll encounter these bandits they've mentioned. If we can make them flee, Noory and Coobert can retrieve their goods at little additional cost to us."

Maesyn Silverhair

17. - Top - End - #977

ElfPirate

Ryxikor listens to the others as they discuss the tomb and it's occupants, noticing the smile between the two when they believe they've hired some henchmen. "And if we were to agree with this, what would your roll in this be?" he asks Coobert and Norry, glancing at their weapons momentarily, besides stabbing us in the back

Finally, after a moments thought, Ryx adds, "I think it should be doubled, 200 gold apiece. Any coin, gems or jewelry will suffice." the elf narrows his eyes as he looks at the pair from under the wide brim of his hat, then he looks over at Coobert and Norry, and studies that strange pair.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Before joining the group for the discussion, Ryxikor asks a couple of questions.

"We are merchants, not ....
    fighters, so the best we can .....
    do is stay out ....
    of your way.

100 gold pieces is ....
    all we can offer. At 200 ...
    gold pieces we would rather .....
    abandon the goods and ..
    lick our losses.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    "We're headed that way anyway; it's likely we'll encounter these bandits they've mentioned. If we can make them flee, Noory and Coobert can retrieve their goods at little additional cost to us."

Maesyn Silverhair
    Axara nods at Maesyn.

"You do make sense, Maesyn. I am just wondering if these bandits are as easy as they are being portrayed. As our untrusting elf has been pointing to, these two can probably put up a fight if needed. But in the least, it would be nice to secure a place to stay, even if it is a tomb. I don't feeling like running in my underwear because a gambol is hungry. Although I am sure you guys don't mind the view." She smiles at her own silly joke.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

"To my mind, it doesn't much matter how 'easy' they are; we will have to go through them to continue our task. As it is, however, we have the advantage, as we know about their presence and can take advance measures to gain the upper hand."

Maesyn Silverhair

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara nods at Maesy. "You are right. I am not a strategist so I will leave the planning to you guys."
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-10-22 at 12:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #982

ElfPirate

"Actually, we don't know that for certain," Ryxikor pipes in, "..going through them to continue our task, I mean." The elf glances over his shoulder at the gnome and human, then continuing on, "According to the map, we'll go by them tomb, but we could always just sneak by without a fight. We could lose spells, spell components, ammunition, one of us could die, you never know. My thoughts are if we do this for them," he says, jabbing a thumb over his shoulder, pointing at the pair, "..we should get paid."

"When do we head out? Now or camp here, strike out at first light?"

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara looks at Ryxikor "You might be right elf, but I do not think we will get more than what they offered. I used to know a thing or two about having men pay for more than they should."

"We should rest here tonight and keep a watch and leave first thing in the morning. I do not fancy travelling at night in these parts."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #984

ElfPirate

"Well, if they're paying, i'm in. If they put that 500 gold up, then i'll help." before they discuss it with Coobert and Norry, Ryx leans in, "But when we set guard duty tonight, we should guard against them too." he adds with a wink.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Savin sits back and weighs the various arguments for taking on the two merchants request.

He sits back, letting the shadows cast a shadow over his face so as not to give away anything of what he is thinking. Once the conversation reaches a lull, he leans back into the firelight.

"I take it we have something of a consensus, then? I don't fully trust these two... but they are merchants, a lot to be distrusted as a general rule. But, if they are duplicitous, at least we will have them in sight rather than somewhere we won't see the dagger plunging."

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

"Such a suspicious lot. I suppose there's no harm in being prudent, but sometimes things are exactly what they seem."

Maesyn Silverhair

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

The group of heroes decides to help the merchant. Ryxikor is reluctant but Quill and Maesyn are all for it and Savin and Axara think it is the right thing to do, even if Coobert and Noory are a little different as merchants.

Axara approaches the duo. “We accept your offer. We will see what the issue is at the Tomb of Chonis and if possible, help you retrieve your goods. If we are successful, you will pay each group member 100 gold pieces.

The merchants look relieved and happy.

“Thank you so much. We ….
    Really appreciate it. You are ….
    Angels and saviors.”

Axara takes the first watch. Noory and Coorbert fall asleep fast, feeling totally safe among the group. The gnome even starts snoring quite loud.

She hears some brushes moving but does not see anything and no animal or monster come close the fire.

After two hours, she goes wake up Ryxikor, who has trouble staying awake. Luckily, Noory’s snoring is loud enough.

Ryxikor passes the watch to Maesyn who thinks at one point that he has seen a pack of wolves or wild dogs but they never come close to the camp.

Savin takes over, still remembering the encounter with the gambol but the night ends without any events.

Savin wakes up the group for breakfast. Axara gets up, takes a waterskin and goes find a place to clean herself and make her water.

The clouds have gathered and are looking dark. Rain will happen sometimes today.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #988

As Quill wakes up he grasp some leaves and twigs and while brushes his teeth goes over his spellbook.

replacing open/close with detect poison

The Color Spray spell had it's uses yesterday and with expecting crowd today the gnome things it's wise the memorise it again.

He decides to learn 2 magic Magic missile spells instead of a shield and Identify spell.

and in turn replaces his unseen servant with a mage armor spell.

he decides to keep silent image in his memory.

his second level spell choice remains the same save for one replacing his his sumon monster for a Web spell.

With that he closses the book happily "there done!"
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-10-23 at 02:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #989

ElfPirate

Slowly waking up, after Savin rouses everyone, the elf, still lying in his bedroll, stretches slow and wide, as he stares up into the darkened sky. A sigh escapes his lips as he realizes rain sometime today is inevitable. He searches throughout the forming clouds for any signs of stars left over from the previous night and only finds different hues of gray , Ryxikor sighs again as he finds the weather disheartening. Eventually the elf rolls out of his bedroll, pulling out his backpack behind him. The suspicious elf, had packed everything into his magical haversack, except organripper which he slept with close by, therefore had to retrieved his fine studded leather armor, boots, cloak, everything, to get ready for the trek ahead of them.

Once he's cleaned up the best he can, dressed and geared up, he donns his black wide brimmed hat and chit chats with the others little as he eats some of his rations, salted meat, dried bread, and fruit, with water from his own waterskin. After eating, the elven mercenary searches around the shrine, for a couple of sticks, about two and a half to three feet long, ending in a fork. The elf then smoothes the sticks and trims off the forks to only a few inches. He then get his ruined tent out of his backpack, using organripper, he cuts a large section of the tent, thats not ripped, into a large managable piece. Ryx then cuts a small hole into one end of his large piece of tent, then along the edge of the fabric, two and a half feet from the first, he cuts another small hole. He then folds the material much smaller and lays the sticks on top, ready to grab as soon as the march to the tomb begins, the elf has a smug smile on his face, ready for the rain.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn wakes up refreshed. He wonders if Noory and Coobert are going to follow along, or if they're going to stay behind.

He also ponders the upcoming trip and laments that he has no spells that could ease their journey.

Maesyn Silverhair