Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142434459 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As the others prepare for the day, Savin stretches and moves to a clearing not far off. His chain starts spinning in a deceptively low way, building speed, as it shifts and changes directions, seemingly on its own at time.
    As he looses himself in the movement, his mind wanders as he thinks about this last string of adventures. He focuses on what he needs to accomplish, knowing that he cannot continue to fail in his action, even if it was some magic using wizard or four armed beast.
    After a time, he lets the chain come to a rest and wraps it around his arm. Walking over to his gear, he feels the coolness of the light sheen of sweat against his skin as he takes a drink from his water skin.
    Sitting and taking a bit from some of the dried food, he looks about to see if any of the rabbit was to be had but to no avail.

    "Just about ready?" is all he says to the group.

  2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As the group finishes it's preparations for the trek to the tomb, Ryx can be heard mumbling something about the weather, rain, the gambol and his tent, and a gnome that snores like a giant.

    Once the group does strike out, Ryx will take up his position in the back of the group, with his short bow in hand, keeping a vigilant eye out for gambols, goblins, kobolds, and anything that presents itself as dinner.

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill prepares his spells for the day and is ready to continue the adventure.

    Ryxikor uses sticks and part of the ruined tent to make some contraption which is supposed to protect him from the wind. Axara looks at the contraption, unsure of what it is and how it is supposed to work.

    Maesyn asks the merchants if they want to come. Noory replies:

    “We would be happy and ….
    Honored to join you in ….
    Your journey to the Tomb of ….
    Chonis and help us regain our …..
    Goods stored there.

    Savin practices a little before the group leaves, knowing that his fighting abilities could be the deciding factor between who lives and who dies.

    The group starts travelling and the temperature stays. Around mid-day the group stops for a quick lunch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every one subtract one ration, whoever feeds Quill subtract two


    Right as the group restarts its march, the rain starts. It is a steady rain that seems to go deep into the bones. It washes off any track that would have been left and everyone is feeling cold and miserable except Ryxikor and his contraption.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rain: Rain reduces visibility ranges by half, resulting in a –4 penalty on Spot and Search checks. It has the same effect (-4 penalty) on ranged weapon attacks, and Listen checks. In addition to automatically extinguishing any, unprotected flames, winds of this magnitude cause protected flames (such as those of lanterns) to dance wildly and have a 50% chance of extinguishing these lights.


    Everyone is silent, enduring the cool, wet day, the best they can. Finally after a day of marching, as darkness is rising, they arrive to the Tomb of Chonis.

    As the group crests a ridge, they spot a long, low hill about a half mile away. Vibrant green grass spotted with patches of thistle and heather cover it and the surrounding area. An open doorway gapes beneath a heavy stone lintel at the base of this hill. The lintel seems to bear a deeply carved word that the group cannot read at this distance. It must be an old barrow mound.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Once the rain starts, Ryx quickly throws his useless tent over himself, hanging down behind him close to his boots, then in the front, he uses the sticks ending in a fork to poke thru the hole he made, and holds the tent out before him with the sticks, one out to the left and one out to the right. The elf is happy with himself, remaining quite dry throughout the morning, he only has to hold the sticks out before him, which he gets tired of after a long while. Eventually when the wind picks up, and Ryxikor has to reach out and grab the tent before it blows away, he tosses the sticks away, and draws organripper from it's sheath. With the tent now covering the elf, Ryx cuts two eye-holes into the tent, and decides to just wear the tent thrown over him, peeking out the eyeholes, following the others.

    Ryxikor, the seasoned veteran mercenary elf, looks like a dark gray ghost following the group of Wheloon's Vigilantes, but at leat he's dry.

    Once the door is in sight, Ryx yells out to Coobert and Norry, "Hey, is that the tomb? I don't see anybody, let's pick up the pace." he says, trying to hurry the others along, wanting to get inside some place, any place.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-24 at 11:32 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Of course we don't see anyone; even bandits know enough to stay out of the rain," Maesyn points out. "Their stronghold might be well-protected... and with this weather, well-defended as well."


    Maesyn Silverhair

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "So how do we proceed? Any ideas anyone?" Ryx asks

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx glances at the two newcomers, then back to Maesyn, "Another spell and stealth?" he asks the bard, preparing to make this part of the trip alone.

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Reaching there desitnation Quill waves his arm in a hug and chants "veneficus loricatus"

    Spoiler
    Show
    casting mage armor


    "i am afraid not. But your sure you want to sneak inside in the dark alone?"

    the gnome replies to ryx question
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-10-24 at 01:28 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  9. - Top - End - #999
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Um no." Ryx answers, "I plan on investigating the surroundings and the entrance, looking for guards that could alert of our approach. I don't care to go in by myself. I'll just make sure the approach to the door is as safe as I can, otherwise let's get going."
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-24 at 03:34 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As they travel, the compact warrior smiles at the elf as he tries to keep out of the rain.

    "In my tribe, the warriors like to feel the rain on their face, letting them know that they are alive." with a proud grin.
    A few moments later he finishes with "And the elders say only a fool stays in the rain when he can avoid it!" with that, he barks out his harsh laugh as he walks.

    After they finish their lunch, he wipes his mouth and opens it to the sky, catching the rain.

    Later, when they approach the temple and the discussion is held.
    "I think some stealth is better, to find out what we are up against. Better to be forewarned that there are 100 goblins or kobolds than to run smack into the middle of them. If you wish, I will join you for part of the journey. I am not without some skill and can help to cover our retreat."

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The group discusses their options as they look at the Tomb of Chonis and what is the best way to proceed. After several ideas are debated, the group decides to send Ryxikor and Savin up towards the entrance to do a reconnaissance mission.

    As the rogue and the fighter moves on, Axara smiles and go talk to the two merchants. After a small discussion with them, she smiles but says nothing.

    Using the rain as their advantage, the two men approach the entrance of the barrow. They see a gnome-sized humanoid swathed in a water soaked black cloth. Savin realizes that it is not a goblin or a kobold. The creature has not seen them.

    The creature has a short sword, a masterwork longbow, a dagger and is wearing a leather armor.

    As they move a little closer, Ryxikor is a silent as usual but Savin’s buckler hits the warrior armor in a loud way. The rain is not enough for the creature not to hear it.
    It looks in the direction of the sound and with a feral gleam in its beady eyes, and starts to make clicking noises with its mouth.

    Savin is Ryxikor notice that as the darkness rises, the creature is harder to see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Unaware what transpires Quill start humming a melody of one of Garl Glittergolds exploits.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Axara moves towards Quill and Maesyn and whispers "My bet is that they will find a guard at the entrance of the barrow".
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor remains motionless once he hears the commotion Savin made. "Sshh, you'll alert of our presence." the elf whispers harshly.

    Taking a few moments to let things settle down, Ryx hopes the creature may blame the noise on an animal until he hears it making clicking sounds, "What in the nine hells is that?"

    Unshouldering his short bow and pulling an arrow from his quiver, Ryx whispers to his larger friends, "Go back and get the others. Bring them closer, but beware, that must be a sentry posted and he's armed with a bow, so stay hidden else he may pick all of you off, unless I get him first." the elf says with a wicked smile, as he remains still, trying not to be seen as Savin leaves to get the rest of the group.

    Ryx doesn't fire just yet, he waits for Savin to sneak away so he doesn't give himself up.

  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn waits for the scouts to return with news.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin nods his understanding and crouches down as low as he can, moving with as much care he can muster.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Hide
    (1d20+8)[5](13)
    Move Silently
    (1d20+6)[11](17)


  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin decides to go back to the rest of the group. With the help of the rain, he is able to go back to the rest of the heroes without being seen or heard.

    Ryxikor stays there immobile and in silence, ready to fire.

    The small dark creature keeps making the clicking noise and has loaded an arrow on its bow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin sloshes through the rain and mud, his face grim at having to leave Ryxikor alone. "The elf has proven he can take care of himself" he mutters to himself.

    The rest of the group see the Cali****e appear out of the wooded area, the rain running freely over him as if he does not notice that he is soaked.

    Once Savin is back, he reports to the rest of the group.

    "We came upon the tomb undetected but, as we approached, with ran into a creature, about the stature of you two " he says as he points to the two gnomes "that made some strange, clicking sound. It was swathed in black clothing and carried weapons - bow, swords - so it was thinking, not a beast. Ryxikor stayed behind to keep an eye on the creature. The plan is we move up together as a group. This creature may be a guard of some type. If it detects us as we approach, the elf will deal with it if it proves a threat.

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "clicking noices?" quill looks up "your sure the creature is not coding our Silks location to his friends?"

    the gnome stands up and follows Savin.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Hmm," says the half-Elf simply, following along quickly. "We should be cautious, and make sure they have hostile intent before attacking."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (history) check to ponder meaning of the clicks in relation to goblinoids or kobolds: (1d20+11)[14]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  21. - Top - End - #1011
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx stays hidden after Savin moves off, listening to the raindrops falling on the brim of his hat, realizing it'll make it harder to listen for his companions return. The soggy weather and terrain can put a dampening mood on the comfort loving elf, but he still knows his duties and never deters from his course. Ryxikor gives Savin time to get back to the others and return, but once he sees the sentry raise his bow with arrow, Ryx does the same.

    Knowing the others can be quite a bit noisier, the elf thinks thsy may give away their position to the hidden sentry. Ryx holds his shot, until he sees the guard aim his arrow, as soon as he acts like he is about to fire,Ryx fires his arrow, hoping to catch the sentry off guard.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 24/24
    AC: 17, doesnt include concealment or cover, IU dont exactly know what Rys is hiding behind

    move action: none
    standard action: range attack on sentry with short bow

    attack: (1d20+8)[25]
    damage: (1d6)[5]
    sneak attack damage (if applicable, and if within 30') (2d6)[5]

  22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin goes back to the group and explains the situation.

    Him, Quill and Maesyn discuss what they know conclude that the creature is definitively not goblinoid nor a kobold like. The clicking sounds are likely its way to communicate.

    The group come up towards the barrow and they see Ryxikor unleashing an arrow that hit the creature. It lets its arrow fly high above Ryxikor before retreating inside the barrow.

    Axara sighs "Here goes our surprise effect"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  23. - Top - End - #1013
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill stands on his toes and does a twirl chanting "tripudio lux lucis"

    Spoiler
    Show
    casting dancing lights on gnome abilities stock as a torch. derithing it to shet light into the cavern


    a green light enters the burrow "Well shall we?" as he waits for a more sturdy companion to enter first.
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-10-26 at 02:53 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  24. - Top - End - #1014
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As the group gets closer to the tombs entrance, a wet and determined elf emerges from the weeds and foilage around the barrow, holding a bow. As the others get closer towards the door, Ryx closes in from the side, so he doesn't present himself as a target.

  25. - Top - End - #1015
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    As they approach the barrow, Maesyn makes sure to glance upward at the lintel to see if he can identify the writing on it.

    "Should we wait for them to send out a scouting party? Or will that only give them time to set up defenses?"


    Maesyn Silverhair

  26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin scowls and says "I hate the idea of burrowing down into a hole... but, I also don't like walking into a trap even less. Let us be on with it is what I think."

  27. - Top - End - #1017
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill scratches his air with one of his wands as he listens to the rest of the vigilantes. "Well where going inside one way or another"

    he chants two times and a illusion of the group appear where his summoned light remains the illusion of the bard appears to hold the light as a torch.

    "my friends don't mind being shot at... So should we?"
    the gnome said as he commands the illusion and the light to enter the burrow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    casting silent image to appear as the group and ghost sound cast on the dancing light to copy the sounds the original group makes
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    The group after discussion decides to enter the burrow, although no heroes is particularly happy about doing so.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn cannot recognize the writing other than it is old


    Coobert and Noory decide to wait outside.

    As the group peaks from the entrance, it sees that the walls, floors, and ceiling of this room are made of huge slabs of stone, between which the heroes can see the dirt of the surrounding hill. There is a wide pit which is crossed by a rope bridge with wooden planks. On the far side is a wall with a huge and frowning horned face cut roughly into its surface.
    The carving seems crude, and of an ancient style. Its mouth is a deep black crevice. Two doorways gape to the right and left on either side of the carved face.

    Quill illuminates the room with dancing lights and creates a silent image which he complements with ghosts sounds. Nothing happens.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  29. - Top - End - #1019
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor enters the doorway to the tomb, walking behind the rest of the group, holding Maesyn's old rapier and organripper as his senses are on alert. The elf listens carefully, trying to ignore his own party's noise, for anything coming from farther in the tomb. Every so often he looks around his comrades to search out anything ahead of them, but not much, mostly he watches to the sides and behind, making sure Coobert and Norry don't try anything nasty.

    Once inside, Ryx looks around for any sign of hitting the sentry that was stationed at the door, his arrow, blood, maybe a blood trail.
    Spoiler
    Show

    listen: (1d20+3)[5]
    spot: (1d20+3)[8]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-10-31 at 02:35 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin moves along with the group, following the conjured up apparition.
    Keeping his chain held tight so as not to let it swing or hit anything, he looks around to see if he can spot where the strange creature ran off to.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Listen

    (1d20+5)[14](19)

    Spot

    (1d20+6)[15](21)

    Survival to locate tracks

    (1d20+8)[20](28)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •