Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041424344454661 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2463
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Stepping back inside the doorway of the tomb, with his back flat up against the wall as to not expose himself as a target, "Well, let's go back inside and let our master bard negotiate with them. Just remember, if Quill hadn't used the spell, we'd all be at the bottom of that pit." thanks to the darkness in the tomb, nobody can see the look on Ryx's face, obviously in thought, hmmm, was that the first time I used the gnomes given name, well that just won't do, bookmeister or bookmaster it is.

  2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "When charms does it thing i should suggest we bind some ropes to a arrow or an spear to make a quick bridge across... or a Liana to swing across."

    the gnome ads
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill's weasel continues its reconnaissance mission accompanied with her copies. She enters the first corridor and stops and soon as she sees the first being. She repeats the maneuver in the second corridor and provides Quill with the info.

    The group comes inside the tomb again, happy to be away from the rain and wait for Maesyn to try his strategy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The dark creepers are all wearing a cloak, leather armor, long bow, dagger and short sword. All are Quill size.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-11-12 at 01:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "If all we wanted was shelter, we seem to have that now," Maesyn points out. "Perhaps these creatures will be willing to let us stay until morning."

    If, however, the consensus is to try to parley, Maesyn casts tongues on himself and addresses the face on the wall. "We mean no harm and only wish shelter for the night," he says, waiting to see if there's a reaction.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    ooc: what must quill roll for info on the creepers?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor stands just inside the doorway, keeping out of the rain. He watches Maesyn, with a smile on his face, as he tries to communicate with the hostile creatures.

  7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn casts a spell and starts speaking. Instead of words, his mouth makes clicking sounds toward the horned face on the wall.

    Then after a silence, the group hears clicking sounds. Maesyn translates "What is the password? Why are not showing your devotion like the chosen ones?"

    Quill's weasel reports that the dark creepers she can see have knocked an arrow on the bow and are ready to shot through arrow slits but are holding their shots.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  8. - Top - End - #1058
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    a whisper can be heard "They all have there arrows trained on you right now"
    edit
    Spoiler
    Show

    ooc: Knowledge (Geography) [roll]1d20+8[/roll] to see if quill can figure somthing strange about these gnome sized tomb dwellers

    odd again [roll]1d20+8[/roll]


    As Quill communicates with hi s familiar about a closer description of the bandits the gnomes shakes his head.

    "May the sly one protect us-- there Dark Creepers a mute evil race from the underdark we can't parley with them!" only a second al lapses as the gnome drops the nicknames as a old habit as he learned they won't help if one needs people to listen.

    "Savin! Axara! Remove Maesyn from the line of fire!"
    "Ryxikor! Like you suggested throw a thinderstick to blind them"
    using up one of his Prestidigitionton a small candle like flame forms in his hand
    "Saving! bind some robe to your javelin and throw it to the sealing we will swing across.
    Ryxikor! jump to the other side and use this wand through the arrowslit, give us some time."
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-11-13 at 01:23 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  9. - Top - End - #1059
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Settle down, Quill!" Maesyn hisses at the gnome. It may be the first time he has raised his voice in anger since any of you have known him. He holds the look a moment longer before turning back away.

    "We are travelers and unfamiliar with your ways," he says to the wall. "We would only stay here in the entrance way and proceed on our way in the morning, leaving you to your business. Is there anything we could do to prove our good faith in this?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence check (can't make Knowledge (geography) check untrained): [roll]1d20+3



    Maesyn Silverhair

  10. - Top - End - #1060
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryx just waits to see what happens.

  11. - Top - End - #1061
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Password? Show your devotion like the chosen ones? What is all this about?" Ryxikor asks and wonders out loud.

  12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill shares with the group what he knows about the dark creepers. He yells all kind of orders but no one really reacts.

    Maesyn tells Quill to quiet down. He still tries to find a compromise with the dark creepers. They reply with their clicking sounds “This place is for the servant of the Mistress of the Night. Only the servants of Nightsinger or people on their way to serve her can stay here.

    Axara whispers to Ryxikor “So elf, are you going to jump or not? Based on what Maesyn told us, we are not welcome here.

    If Maesyn translate what he hears, Axara freezes and says “Mistress of the Night? Nightsinger? They are Sharrans!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  13. - Top - End - #1063
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Well honey, Maesyn seems to be dead set on working out a truce of sorts with those evil vermin, what am I to do?" The elf whispers to Axara, trying not to let Maesyn hear. Ryxikor takes the wand offered by Quill and slides it through his belt. Wanting to kill these evil denizens from the sunless world, the elven mercenary makes sure his weapons are secure, after sliding the ring Savin let him use onto his finger. Finally, after taking a couple deep slow breaths, "Come on, let's finish this. And start it if we have to." Ryx says, just before he takes off running towards the pit, and jumping just before the edge.

    Spoiler
    Show

    jump: (1d20+7)[23]
    fingers crossed

  14. - Top - End - #1064
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill hands over his colorspray wand. And readies himself to cast his last illusion image spell if things would go wrong.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  15. - Top - End - #1065
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn glances at Axara, considering her identification of the creatures as Sharrans. While distracted, Ryxikor jumps into action, and Maesyn readies himself for battle.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill and Axara each give a wand to Ryxikor, color spray from Quill and cure light wounds for Axara.

    ‘let’s thin out the ranks of these sharrans’ yells Axara.

    Maesyn is thinking about fascinating the dark creepers when Ryxikor runs and jump across the pit. As he does that, 3 arrows flies toward the elf. They all miss the flying targets and Ryxikor lands safely on the other side and put himself out of the arrows view.

    Savin follows suit and jumps easily across the pit and take position opposite of Ryxikor.

    Initiative going forward: Ryxikor, Quill, Maesyn, Savin, Axara, Enemies
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  17. - Top - End - #1067
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    the gnome warns his familiar to stay out of sight not wanting her to be hit by his own wand.

    If Ryx uses the color spray wand to try to blinds the dark stalkers behind the face wall. Quill attempts to cross the bridge.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  18. - Top - End - #1068
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "Whew." escapes Ryx's lips as he lands, much farther than he thought he would. Once he lands, the elf quickly moves to the side of the face, hopefully out of site of the murder hole. He deftly reaches behind his back with his right hand, pulling out a wand, at the same time as he reaches across his abdomen to unsheath organripper with his left. He then starts shaking the wand towards the closest arrow slit, muttering every arcane and magical phrase he has ever heard, hoping to unleash it's magical energy through the arrow slit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AC: 17
    HP: 30

    move action: grab wand and dagger
    standard action: use magic device

    use magic device: (1d20+9)[19]

  19. - Top - End - #1069
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 16
    HP: 21/21
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 1/2; sorc: 0 3/3

    Maesyn sighs and casts alter self on himself. As he casts, his form shimmers and shakes, and a large pair of wings grows from his back, right through his armor without apparently damaging it. His ears grow more pointed and his features more angular. He has taken the form of an avariel, the winged elves of legend.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since avariels have no natural weapons or natural armor bonus or racial bonus feats, the only avariel traits I gain are flight speed and racial skill bonuses. Thus: 50 ft. (average maneuverability) flying speed, a +4 racial bonus to jump, and his own racial bonuses increase to +4 spot, +2 listen, and +2 search.


    So equipped, he flies gently over to the other side of the chasm, trying to get out of the line of fire if he can. He will prefer to follow Savin given a choice.


    Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-11-16 at 03:04 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #1070
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    seeing as everyone goes the little lamb-gnome climbs the robe knowing he will make the likest target if he remained.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Initiative going forward: Ryxikor, Quill, Maesyn, Savin, Axara, Enemies

    Ryxikor tries to use Quill’s wand of color spray but his first attempt to use the magical device fails.

    Quill starts to move toward the bridge but Axara stops him ”Quillmeister, let me cross the bridge first. My armor is better to handle the arrow that you.

    Quill instructs his familiar to move away from danger. She obeys.

    Maesyn utters a spell and to every one surprise, turns into an avariel the famous winged elf. The legendary looking Maesyn uses his wings to fly safely across the bridge.

    Savin moves inside the tomb and is next to the dark creepers, ready to attack them on the next round.

    Axara gets on the single rope holding and starts crossing the pit. 3 arrows fly for the arrow slit but all miss Axara.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  22. - Top - End - #1072
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Noting that Savin has disappeared down the hallway, Ryx, knowing the layout of the tomb and it's inhabitants, thanks to the weasel, lays the two wands down for Miriam to retrieve then turns and runs down the hallway on his own side, while he unsheaths his rapier.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 30
    AC: 19 vs whoever attacks him, 17 vs all others

    full round action: draw rapier and run as far as he can into depths of tomb, somewhere around D2

  23. - Top - End - #1073
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill let's out a deep sigh not letting the wall with the face out of it's sight.
    Realising he would make a target after the priestess crossed the bridge.

    As he leaves the the room where it rains arrows for the place where it rains drops of water. He instructs his familiar to follow the big muscular guy and warn the mage if the archers are accopied enough for him to cross the bridge in safety.

    Hoping for a quick news as who knows what could be found in the dark room at the other side.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  24. - Top - End - #1074
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 16
    HP: 21/21
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 0/2; sorc: 0 3/3

    Maesyn remains positioned just inside the corridor. His large wings folded, he pulls out Melalindor and begins playing an inspirational song.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard action: inspire courage. Any ally who can hear Maesyn (which should be everyone except maybe Quill) gains +1 morale bonus on attacks and weapon damage, and +1 to saves against fear and charm.



    Maesyn Silverhair

  25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Savin come around the corner and see's the small, dark creatures attacking at the priestess as she is trying to cross the rope bridge.
    Yelling out a challenge "Tempus vengeance upon you foul creatures!", he rushes forward and lashes out with his chain, seeking to knock down the diminutive creature.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 16
    HP ~ 46; Current ~ 46

    Free action

    Move action
    Moving to L8 (next to DC4)

    Standard action
    Trip attacking DC4 with spiked chain
    (1d20+9)[13](22)

    Strength check
    (1d20+7)[18](25) (-4 for the DC for small size)


    Regular attack if trip successful DC4 with spiked chain
    (1d20+9)[18](27)

    Crit conf
    (1d20+9)[13](22)

    Damage
    (2d4+5)[2][4](11)



    Effects~


  26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Initiative: Ryxikor, Quill, Maesyn, Savin, Axara, Enemies

    Ryxikor decides to take the fight to the dark creepers and advance deeper inside the tomb.

    Quill moves to the entrance of the tomb and instructs his trusted familiar to stay near Savin and let him know when the coast is clear.

    Maesyn takes out his special lyre and start playing it. With his wings folded, he looks like a true angel, motivating everybody to be better in the name of Goodness.

    Savin’s blood starts boiling as he sees the cowardly dark creepers firing arrow at Axara. He takes advantage of his size to trio the nearest dark creepers and finishes him swiftly with his powerful spiked chain.

    Axara finishes climbing the rope and arrive on the other side of the pit. Her next action is to pick up the wands that Ryxikor dropped.

    A dark creeper moves next to engage Savin but fails to beat the warrior’s defense. The other two fire arrows at Axara and only one pierce her armor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Axara: -3HP – Currently at 28/31


    Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 attack/dages/fear save/ char msave: Maesyn motivation song
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  27. - Top - End - #1077
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Ouroborosi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    H I Ambacht - Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quill can only wait until the archers have been taken care of.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

  28. - Top - End - #1078
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 16
    HP: 21/21
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 4/4, 2 0/2; sorc: 0 3/3

    Maesyn stops playing his bard song. Setting his harp on the floor, he pulls a crossbow bolt from his quiver and casts light on it. He hands the bolt to Axara. "Slide this through the arrow slit," he suggests.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  29. - Top - End - #1079
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Ryxikor turns down the next hallway, rushing to get to the archers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HP: 30
    AC: 19 vs DC1, 17 vs all others

    move action: move 35' to K3

    ooc: hmm, i have to move 40' to get close enough to attack, i'm just a little short

  30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Initiative: Ryxikor, Quill, Maesyn, Savin, Axara, Enemies

    Ryxikor goes deeper inside the tomb, ready to take on the shar worshipper dark creepers.

    Quill stays outside, knowing that a couple of well-placed arrows could mean the end for him.

    Maesyn stops playing his song and put a light spell on a bolt and gives it to Axara.

    Savin systematically attacks the dark creeper standing an front of him and buries the spike chain inside the dark creeper chest, killing it instantly.

    Axara slides the bolt with light inside the arrow slit. Suddenly, the dark creepers do not look as stealthy. She then moves deeper inside the tomb.

    The dark creeper decide to fire arrow at the enemies inside the walls. The one that aims at Savin is influenced by the bodies on his two comrades at the warrior’s feet and miss. The one facing Ryxikor does not have that issue and buries the arrow deep inside the elf body.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor: -6HP – Currently at 24/30


    Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 attack/dages/fear save/ char msave: Maesyn motivation song
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •