New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Ryx accepts the arrow with a grunt, but being only a few feet from his opponent, he quickly covers the distance and attacks with both his rapier and organripper.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 24/30
    AC: 19 vs DC1 (due to twin sword style feat), 17 vs all others

free action: 5' to L3
    full round action: attack with rapier and organripper

attack with rapier: (1d20+6)[8]
    miss chance: (1d100)[86]
    damage: (1d6)[3]

attack with organripper: (1d20+6)[23]
    miss chance: (1d100)[55]
    damage: (1d4+1)[3]

2. - Top - End - #1082

With no change in the situation the illusionist continues what he was doing.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16
    HP: 21/21
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 4/4, 2 0/2; sorc: 0 3/3

Maesyn follows Axara.

Maesyn Silverhair

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Savin steps over the body of the fallen creature, chain flying in deadly arcs, as he swings at the next one.
    "Maesyn, you should try to convince these things to give up!" he yells over the din of battle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 16
    HP ~ 46; Current ~ 46

Free action

Move action
    Moving to L6 (next to DC2)

Standard action
    Trip attacking DC4 with spiked chain (touch attack)
    (1d20+10)[5](15)

Strength check
    (1d20+8)[18](26) (-4 for the DC for small size)

Regular attack if trip successful DC4 with spiked chain
    (1d20+10)[19](29)

Crit conf
    (1d20+10)[6](16)

Damage
    (2d4+6)[3][4](13)

Effects~
    motivational song-+1
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-11-21 at 08:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Ryxikor, Quill, Maesyn, Savin, Axara, Enemies

Ryxikor makes a five step move and attack the dark creeper in front of him with both weapons. His rapier fails to make contact but organripper strike true. The dark creeper falls to the ground without a sound as Ryxikor notices the wound that his arrow did when the dark creeper was on watch.

Quill stays outside, waiting for his trusted weasel to let him know when it is safe.

Maesyn follows Axara deeper inside the tomb. The cleric smiles at the half-elf, feeling that she is followed by her own angel.

Savin easily trips and kills the last remaining dark creeper as he suggests to Maesyn to parlay with them.

The bodies of the 4 underdark creatures lay at the feet of Ryxikor and Savin.

Quill’s weasel tells him that it is now safe to cross the pit.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 attack/damages/fear save/ charm save: Maesyn motivation song round 2/5
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

6. - Top - End - #1086

With a mental link encouragement from it's familiar assistant Quill attempts to cross the bridge.

climb: [roll]1d20-2[/roll] (if Quill is allowed to take 10 on this he will)
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-11-21 at 11:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1087

edit: again (1d20-2)[1]

8. - Top - End - #1088

ElfPirate

As the strange underdark creatures lay dead at his feet, Ryxikor wipes the blood off of his blades and returns them to the respective sheaths. The elven mercenary kneels down and searches the bodies of the dead, definitely taking weapons and armor.

"Hmm, I wonder if the two merchants have any of their inventory in here somewhere." Ryx says nonchalantly.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well they said they did," Maesyn points out as he arrives on the scene. He looks out through the arrow slits to see if Quill made it across safely. "I'm more concerned that there may be more of these creatures hiding somewhere in the complex."

He turns to the cleric: "Lady Axara, are you sure these creatures worship Shar? Do you think they may be connected to the mystery we're investigating?"

Maesyn Silverhair

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quill starts crossing the pit. He is extremely careful as he does it and would have been an easy target if the archers would have still be alive.

With a lot of efforts he finally crosses the rope bridge. By that time, all the encouragements felt thank to Maesyn wonderful music playing are all gone.

Ryxikor looks at the dead dark creepers and it is all for a small creature like Quill.
    He collects 4 of the each: short sword, long bow, dagger and leather armor. There also 64 arrows for a short creature.

There is no trace of the merchants' possession.

Maesyn asks Axara if she is sure they are worshippers of Shar. The cleric looks at him. "well, my pretty angel, they did mention the Mistress of the Night and Nightsinger, who are two names of the fake goddess. Dark creepers come from the underdark according to Quillmeister and Shar does love darkness. However, this is my only proof. I have no idea if they are tied to the mystery we are investigating."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091

Still shaken by what Quill believed was a near dead experience while crossing the bridge his familiar came to welcome him with a disappointed look in her eyes.

Afterall it should have been a breeze crossing that bridge, at least for her.

As she climbs on Quills shoulder the Gnome tries to reach for the bolt axara slit in and returns to the rest of the vigilantes.

Ironical the small wizard seems the most exhausted for there recent encounter and still with a soaking wet robe the gnome is robbed from it's playful demeanour and wishes for nothing more to lie down next to a cosy warm fire and fall asleep. Somehow this adventuring live wasn't what he expected it to be.

Not familiar with the somewhat direspectfull attitude this group of adventures have for fallen enemies the gnome stares somewhat disgusted to the naked corpses of the 4 dark stalkers. One of the reasons he never caught an interest to Necromancy where the rumours of sexual relationship with Necromancers and there dead Mummies. While it was a running gage at Illusionist school Quill still shivers with the double undertone of these rumours.
    The same could be said about the more likely to be true rumour of Enchanters like William the Stutterer studying the subject only for the reason to get laid but where getting of track.

He looks at Silks as he goes around with the Stalkers gear as he stands near Miss Pairs "The thing "Silks" does to make you jealous." he shakes his head and says playfully with a forced smile not to Ryx necessarily "It's not working."

The smile disappears on the Illusionist it's face. "Well if there more there probably have been alerted by the fighting and have set up an ambush in the dark room upahead. I suggest that I create another of my dancing lights to scout the room i will at the sound of us walking to it (ghost sound) with would if where lucky expose our enemies. If they do i suggest Charms fires his enchanted bolt in there direction giving Muscles the light it needs to combat it's foes." Quill looks away and puts his hands on his back "Well if where really lucky we only find some beds and the gear of the merchants. But the Darkstakers most likely didn't get here at the frontdoor. Let's get a move on I think we all want to dry our cloths and get some sleep."
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-11-25 at 07:21 AM. Reason: update

12. - Top - End - #1092

ElfPirate

Ryxikor, hearing the others discuss the room in the back of the tomb, pays ne heed as he focuses on his own job, stripping the dead. He doesn't take their undergarments off, but does take armor and weapons. When finished the scoundrel moves closer to the back of the tomb, "Is it a magical darkness?" Ryx asks, clutching both of his weapons again.

Spoiler
    Show

move action: move 30' to E3, draw weapons

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Savin stands for a moment, rotating his neck so that those within range can hear his neck crack.
    As Ryxikor checks the bodies, he gives him a quick nod and moves back down the corridor the way he came.
    Bending down, he checks the tracks, trying to decipher who and how many have passed this way with all the confusion of his tracks intermixed.
    Spoiler
    Show

Moving to D7 and checking for tracks. Trying to see if he can gauge how many of these creatures there were and maybe if any disappeared into a wall.

Search (+8) or Spot (+6) [I forget which one it is]
    (1d20)[1](1) plus above

If successful, track with survival
    (1d20+8)[8](16)

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor takes off the armor and weapons of the 4 dead dark creepers. The only one surprised by the behavior is Quill who is not used to the adventurers fine difference between what is looting and what is corpses robbing.

Savin tries to figure out the tracks but between the fight and the weasel making a bunch of run and everyone walking by without paying attention, he cannot get a sense of how many they are in the tomb.

Once Ryxikor has cleaned the bodies, the group approaches the dark room. They simply cannot see what seems to be a fog filled room. All three spell casters recognize the fog as being magical in nature but Maesyn is the one that properly identify the spell. “It is Fog Cloud. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target). We are truly blind once we step in.”

As Quill is about to start pontificate on the nature of spellcraft, an arrow appears out of nowhere and barely misses the gnome.

Axara yells “Danger! We are under attack! yelling the obvious.

Initiative please
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1095

Initiative: (1d20+1)[5]

16. - Top - End - #1096

Confused the gnome looks to his right and left as his companions either run for cover or try to confront there unseen enemy.

When he finnaly recovers the Illusionist tries to take cover at D2 and instructs his familiar to position itself at D8.

As he has no real spells to directly combat the fog he has to improvise. Sharing the spell with his assistant, the gnome and weasel simultaneously let lose a gust of wind in the darkened room as strong as a Prestidigitionton spell allows.

He often used this as a prank it was enough to lift a parchment and on occasion embarrassed woman and male alike when a breeze of wind lifted there robes into the air.

But Quill doesn't smile at the memories he had his fill of arrows today.

Spoiler
    Show
    let's hope this works
    spending a Prestidigitionton

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

As Rayen sits bound and gagged in the dark room, thousands of thoughts run through her mind.

First its anger. When I get a hold of Maxwell and I find out that he knew what lived in here I am going to skin him alive.

Then its despair. I have to get out of here. I can not die like this. Not when I have so much to do first.

Lastly, its acceptance. I guess this is really the end. I hope Thore remembers to feed the cats. They will drive him nuts if he forgets.

When the sounds of footsteps and fighting reaches her ears, Rayen ignores it thinking that she is hearing things. But after a few moments hope starts to return to her.

18. - Top - End - #1098

ElfPirate

Wringing the leather wrapped hilts of his exquisite dagger, organripper, and his masterfully crafted rapier, Ryxikor slides a few steps to his right, to be out of sight from an attack, "What are we to do? Is it just one attacker?"

Spoiler
    Show

init: (1d20+3)[8]

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who knows? But if we can't see them, they probably can't see us," the half-Elf reasons. He steps to the side, as Ryxikor did, but then spreads his giant six-foot Avariel wings. He flaps them, hard, as if to fly, though he stays grounded. Instead, the air pressure generated by the flapping is directed into the dark room.

He is trying to determine if he can generate enough breeze to clear at least a small part of the fog cloud effect.

Maesyn Silverhair

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Axara, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Quill, enemies, (action stopped here) Savin

Axara sees the arrow flies nearly hitting Quill and hears Ryxikor’s question. She replies “I don’t know. But I am about to find out. I am tired of being on the defensive!.

In an uncharacteristic move for the usually wise cleric she enters the fog covered room. She disappears and after a few seconds she yells replies “The room is 35 feet deep and there are thick columns in it. I also found a bloody altar I believe..

Ryxikor, who has made surviving his signature move, slides to his right, waiting to see how the situation develops.

Maesyn slides next to Ryxikor and extends his wing like an angel. He starts making some wind, pushing the fog aside clearing a square.

Quill moves aside and instructs his trusted familiar to do the same. He tries to create some wind inside the room but it is not enough to move the fog around or dissipate it.

Axara yells “Something is in here. Shooting arrows at me!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101

Disappointed by the ineffectiveness of his spell and Axara's adventuring bravery. If magic isn't the answer he has to think up a more mundain way.

Okay wings don't have the wanted effect and we need to get Pairs out of this blinded fog as soon as possible. His eyes go over his companions and stops at Muscles or more precisely his chain.

The Illusionist grabs the ranger by his leg. "When you go in, wave your chain above your head as hard as you can with any luck the traction of the chain will disperse the fog"

with that Quills waits hoping to see his enemies enough to fling a magig missle at it.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well get behind one of the columns, then," Maesyn shouts back. He continues trying to clear the fog.

Maesyn Silverhair

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen's heart hammers in her chest as she hears the woman enter the room and call out to what she assume are other people. Two new thoughts enter her mind. One she hopes that they find her; and second that they do not hit her with their attacks by mistake.

She says a quick prayer to Thore and invokes the part of her power that she does not need weapons for. She focuses the aura to effect anyone that comes within 30 feet of her and are not the dark creepers and hopes that she is making the right choice.

24. - Top - End - #1104

ElfPirate

Ryxikor, standing with his back to the wall, still wringing the hilts of his magnificent weapons, lowers his angular chin, tucking it to his chest. The elf with his head bowed, uses his hat and it's wide brimm to block the uprising of dirt and dust caused by Maesyn's angelic wings. He ***** his head to the right a little, listening carefully and trying to see if he can spot anything.

Spoiler
    Show

listen: (1d20+3)[12]

25. - Top - End - #1105

With no better ideas Quill asks his familiar to hug to right wall and explore the room.

Concerned about the two woman the gnome has no intention to leave them alone and hopes this would distract there enemies enough to stop there fire of them.

Using his second level illusion spell he creates two illusions of dark creepers that apear to be animated and let's tem take a few steps into the foggy room.

Spoiler
    Show
    casting my last image spell moving them 10 feet into the room.
    there moving copies of two corpses of our killed dark creepers

my weasel wil hug the wall at the right trying to locate some enemies

edit: the illusion is ofcourse created in the hall way not infront the fog room where somone can see it being created
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-11-28 at 11:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Axara, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Quill, enemies, (action stopped here) Savin

Axara suddenly feels that her weapons could do more damages. She is not sure what the source of the power is but she likes it.

Savin decides to follow Quill’s instructions and enter the room. He goes ten feet inside the room when he realizes that there are pillars that would prevent him from swinging the chain. He moves back 5 feet and start swinging the spike chain. It will take him (3d6+3)[16] to clear some of the fog.

Axara keeps moving the length of the north wall until she finds a female half-elf gagged and bound in the corner. “The room is 25 feet wide. I just found a gagged and bound half-elf. .

Ryxikor tries to listen to sign of where the enemy could be but the swinging sound of Savin’s chain prevents him from getting a clue of where it could be.

Maesyn tells Axara to hide behind a pillar while continuing to try to clear the fog. The cleric replies “Silver angel, if you are as smart as you are good to look out, you would be a master wizard”

Quill instructs his beloved familiar to follow the east wall. The weasel obeys gladly and tells him. “35 feet deep. I see Miss Pairs. And another Miss Pairs.” The gnome then project two illusion of dark creepers in the room.

An arrow flies out of the fog and towards Savin but misses the warrior.

Effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Draconic Aura: +1 to melee damages – Axara – Rayen – no time limit
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen jumps when the woman suddenly appears out of the fog. When she calls out, Rayen realizes this was the woman she heard a few minutes ago. Not being able to speak, Rayen's eyes find the woman's and pleads with her for help.

28. - Top - End - #1108

With the report of his familiar the gnome resists the urge to lecture her about the use of nicknames.

Quill only asks one thing "is she bound with a rope? If the classic miss pairs allows it... you could try to free neo-pairs starting with the rope that binds her hands-- keep me posted"

He turns to elves "Just got a second opinion, deviantly female." he said with a smirk.

"Axara is on the right logic in decades if she has taken cover there the archer should be either to the left or infront us. If we follow the wall to the left we hopefully run into it..."

the wizard takes a pause "maybe i wait here incase it tries to escape in this direction"

Spoiler
    Show
    holding action and casts magic missle if he notices a enemy. If Axara doesn't stop her the familiar starts to gnaw on the rope (if it is a rope).

the illusions still remain into the foggy room.. guarding something
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-11-28 at 04:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

"I agree. Let's move in methodically and see if we find what we're looking for."

Maesyn spreads his wings to cover additional territory (as many spaces as possible) before entering the fog, hopefully with Quill, Savin, and Ryxikor flanking him.

Maesyn Silverhair

30. - Top - End - #1110

ElfPirate

Ryx nods his agreement, then drops his rapier into it's sheath. The elf holds his dagger in his right hand, reaching out with his left to grab the person to his left. An eerie scraping sound can be heard, as he drags the tip of the blade across the stone surface of the wall next to him.

Spoiler
    Show

Ryx will take column 7