New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

"Well," Maesyn comments. "It seems that while our new friends were indeed merchants, as they claimed, they happened to be dealing in some very unsavory items. I wonder where one gets metallic dragon parts."

"Who sent you on this task, if I may ask, Lady Rayen? ... Or is there a more suitable title for a woman of your profession?"

Maesyn Silverhair

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Savin sits back and prepares a meal for the rest while the others chat amongst themselves. While, on the surface, he looks engrossed by what he is doing, his more aware companions realize he is paying close attention to what everyone is saying.
    Once everyone is eaten and satiated as best as trail rations can be made into, he sits back.
    "I say we spend the night in here... better out of the rain. In the morning we can fix the bridge. Better to leave it as is as another small line in our defense."

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen sits on the crate staring at the altar; knowing full well how close she came to being the next one on it. She shivers at the thought before forcing herself to look away from it.

"I was put on the job by a contact of mine. A mercenary named Maxwell. He is busy on another job but since we have worked together before he knew I would be interested. I wonder if your merchants were the ones smuggling them or if those creatures got them somewhere else."

She smiles at Maesyn. "Lady Rayen or just Rayen works for me. I usually only take jobs such as these when the subject is really important. Mostly I work for one that does not venture out very much anymore."

She turns her eyes to Savin and watches him prepare food. Her stomach growls loudly and she blushes deep red. Sighing, she runs her finger over a ring on the opposite hand with a look of agitation.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quill is a little disappointed but the goods they found although he did not try to appraise them. He is also not happy with the low quality of the poison he finds. He proposes to break for the night and uses his prestidigitation spell to dry everyone clothes.

Rayen takes ownership of the dragon parts, promising to bury them later.
    Ryxikor sets up for the night and reminds her that her survival was due to luck. If the weather has been nice, they would have likely camped outside and she would have been gutted on the altar.

The elf and Maesyn asks Rayen about herself. She indicates she is a mercenary for hire and currently unemployed. Axara smiles ““Well, we are on a quest for my Church of Mystra. A fake temple in Wheloon has been built in her name and atrocities were committed there. We are trying to figure out what exactly happened. Feel free to join us. I am sure I can get the church to pay your right share. ?

Maesyn confirms Ryxikor early intuition that there is more to the story of the two merchants. Rayen wonder the same thing. There is not proof that they knew the exact content of the crate but they claimed the owner ship. The question is will the group go after them or follow the path of the dominated parishioners.

Savin decides to be the cook for the group, knowing that Quill and his weasel do not have any rations. He volunteers to fix the outer side of the bridge in the morning.

Rayen looks at Savin with envy. Axara notices her look and the ring she is wearing. She wears a similar one. It is a ring of sustenance and the dark creeper must have taken it out of her finger. The cleric says ““Savin, Lady Rayen here has been separated from the magical device that feeds her. It will take about a week for it to work again. Would you mind sharing your rations with her? ?

During his watch, Ryxikor repairs the inner side of the bridge.

The night goes off without any incident. In the morning Savin repairs the bridge. The rain has stoped but the skies are very gray and the air is chilly. All tracks have been washed by the rain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please update the character sheet as follow:
    Ration: Ryxikor -1; Maesyn -1; Savin -3 (himself, Quill and Rayen)
    Every one was healed at full health before going to bed. All casters have all their spells.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

The elf, after yawning and stretching, looks to Maesyn incredulously, "One gets metallic dragon parts from metallic dragons." he says rather smugly, but turning a disarming smile to the newcomer, not wanting to ruffle her feathers, but then he thinks eh, she'll get to know me sooner or later. He quickly recovers with, "The questions are who's selling and who's buying? Narry and Coobert, were the names of the two who used this place as their warehouse. Some day we can always look them up again."

"Hmm, didn't take you long to come around, two nights, that must be some sort of record for a plainsman to realize the comforts of sleeping dry. Wise beyond your years your fast becoming young lad." the elven mercenary says as he smacks the taller cali****e on the back as he passes by, a smirky grin starting to appear on his face. Ryxikor looks up into the sky, trying to guage the kind of weather they may have for traveling into the swamp, he sighs to himself and retrieves his makeshift raincoat from the entrance of the tomb. With a disarming smile he folds up his poncho and sticks it into his haversack.

Adjusting his weapon's belt and all he carries, the warrior elf turns to the other, "Are we all ready?" then quickly turning to Quill, "Bookmaster, do you have the map out and ready?" he asks with an amused look on his face, expecting the gnome to be preoccupied with his pet, hmm, have I even heard him call out that rat's name, I don't think so Ryx wonders as he looks at the one who untied the captor, Rayen. He then turns to the purple haired, half human, female, wondering how deadly she must be to work alone. Ryxikor being a mercenary/ bounty hunter for much of his elven years, knows and understands the mettle and fortitude it takes for such endeavers.

Once Quill does pull the map out, Ryx points out that they have another full days march ahead of them, "With half of it in the swamp." he points out. Taking a second look at the map, he reads the last stamement again to himself, but out loud, "Take it to the Last Refuge and await orders." he looks to the others, "Await orders- I wonder if we could pretend to be a group of these controlled parisioners to anybody we run across." Ryx hesitates, then states, "Never the less, we should strike out soon, looks like we may have bad traveling weather again."

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course" he says to Axara's insistence "I was planing to, in any case. While my people may be considered to be barbarians, we do not act in a barbaric manner."

The next morning, after he had repaired the bridge, he takes the time to collect and clean his gear as they prepare for the day.

"Hmm, didn't take you long to come around, two nights, that must be some sort of record for a plainsman to realize the comforts of sleeping dry. Wise beyond your years your fast becoming young lad."
    "I was for safety concerns, not because I fear the weather." he says with disdain, knowing the elf is only making sport of him.
    "Besides, the ladies might not appreciate me making you sleep in the rain and making your face all pruned and puckered... or, maybe they might." he retorts with a sly grin.

Later, he agrees with Ryx as he eyes the sky. "It could turn either way, the weather, but it's best to be on the move."

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor and Quill jest at each other as the group is getting ready. This kind of interaction is typical of battle brothers and is a welcome sign for Axara. She was not sure how tight the group was, especially with the forced addition of Quill but seeing the elf and the warrior joke at each other was a great sign.

Spoiler
    Show
    50XP for RP for both

Quill pulls out the map and the group continues its trek. The weather stays cloudy and cool but not new rain falls. The humidity increases as they group get closer to the vast swamp. A couple of time, the group members get a sense that they are being followed and watched but they do not see anyone or anything.
    The rain has muddied the trail and slowed down their progress. It becomes obvious that the group will not get to the lost refuge by sundown, quite the contrary.

As the big ball of fire in the sky disappears behind the horizon, Quill spots a strange artifact ahead of them. The copses of tangled trees the group has seen here and there seem to be appearing more frequently and their character changes from gnarled oaks and stunted blueleaf trees towards birch and willow. The ground grows soft and spongy and it becomes apparent that the group is walking over a thick peat even as the trees grow more copiously about your path.

The group rounds a waterlogged thicker and sees a wall of cypress, water ash and willow stretching to the north and the south. The moss-strewn trees bunker over stagnant, duckweed covered water as far as you can see in the swamp.

Just ahead among some weeping willow trees, a huge broken log juts from the marshy ground at a steep angle, rising to a height of 30 feet. Skulls of various type crowd all about the vase in a heap and more skulls decorate its side with wooden stakes or iron spike driven through them to hold them aloft. A muddy path wends around the ghoulish landmark and continues into the swamp.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

"Between the weather and the terrain, I'm beginning to think adventuring isn't the glamorous life of luxury I'd been told," Maesyn says with grim humor. "I suppose we ought to make camp before we enter the swamp proper."

Maesyn Silverhair

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

After leaving the tomb, Rayen takes a few minutes to pull the crate of dragon parts outside. She looks around at the ground but is not happy with what she sees. Quickly, she says a prayer over the crate in draconic; asking the dragons that the parts came from to rest in peace. Then she sets the crate on fire and watches as the parts start to burn. "Better this way then to bury them and have someone else get a hold of them."

Rayen is quiet as they travel to their destination. Being new in the group, she allows the others to take lead, happy to follow for now as she gets a feel of the group.

10. - Top - End - #1150

ElfPirate

Bringing up the rear, holding his beautiful elven-made short bow, with an arrow nocked and ready, Ryxikor keeps a sharp eye looking behind trees and overgrowth, and still checks the rear, of Axara, always ready to help in case she stumbles, with all that bulky armor on the elven rogue thinks to himself as a wide smile plays across his angular features, knowing nobody sees him, being the rear guard of the group. He trudges on, frown returning every so often as the ground gets softer and wetter, then speaks up suddenly, hearing the bard's statement, "But if one could do it cleanly, oh and dry..." he says the last a little louder so the larger imposing figure in the front can hear, "then I'm for it." He looks back down quickly as, in the midst of his bantering, his footing is almost lost in a soggier, softer part of the marsh. Keeping his balance with the grace of his ancestors, again the elf thanks the gods for being in the back of the group so they know nothing of his antics nor his facial expressions, ranging from smiling to surprise to disdain and everything between, as his boyish mischevious smile returns.

Further up the path, as quietness and boredom sets in, Ryx sighs at the mundane, and speaks up, "I just can't wait to hear the songs of glory and heroism sung about the Wheloon Vigilantes by vocalists and bards alike." Ryx says out loud, starting to unsheath his needle again and jab it in the direction of the chasmatic bard, Ahh I do like poking fun of this crew he thinks to himself as he also thinks, if someone else was to ridicule his companions, they'd have to cross blades with Silks, No not Silks, Ryxikor, Ryx the renegade, hmm no. Ryxikor the Righteous he thinks with a smile but Ryx the Raunchy is more like it, depending on who you ask he thinks as his thoughts wonder back to the Den of a Dozen Delights, suddenly his eyes dart back to Axara, or rather her backside, Is that where i've seen her before but before he can start to unravel the mystery of the priestess, he is awakened from his thoughts again by another mucky splatter of marsh-water up on his boots, Ugh, I'll never get these clean again.

The elven warrior finally grow more serious and quiet as they approach the daunting structure, not sure what to make of it, he tries to make out the race of any of the skulls, hoping he doesn't see the sharp angular features of his heritage. "I honestly don't know if i'd want to camp near this, it might be a bad sign. Besides the refuge doesn't look that much farther according to the map " he mentions, hoping they can make it to the lost refuge, thinking of comfort before danger.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-12-07 at 05:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Quills humor had changed a bit after he drawn with one of his Prestidigitionton with green magical letters "I joined a band of of adventures and al i caught was a rabbit"

But he can't believe Silks notion to keep going into the bog at night.

"Silks in the unlikely situation you ment what you said. Not everyone is gifted to see well into the the light of stars. We don't know the terrain and some of us can't swim."

"Better to stay here then give away our position with torch light in the bog. And for the sake of the prankster let's use a stick to guide us on the path."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Maesyn complains about the dark side of adventuring which is never mentioned in the bards’ song before offering to set up camp near the skull totem.

Rayen stays silent during the trip, thinking about the poor metallic dragons that were killed and cut to pieces to be sold on the black market. Violence to good dragons always upset her.

Savin stays silent, walking next to the purple haired woman.

Ryxikor’s mind wanders as the group walk. He thinks of prior exploits to the current groups to his favorite brothels to Axara back side. Then he hits him. Could he have seen her in such a place? Could the cleric of Mystra have a unsavory past?

The elf then suggests continuing walking but Quill, who is wearing a new saying on his robe, objects to the idea. It is getting dark and the Vast Swamp, especially at night, is considered the dangerous part of Cormyr by the Wheloon natives. He proposes to set up camp.

Axara nods. “ Quillmeister is right on this one.

As the group get closer to the totem, shrill whistles pierce the air around the group, and suddenly the stagnant swamp water surges upward as reptilian forms emerge with a thunderous collective roar. These scaly humanoid hisses at the group and raises a dub studded with sharp stones.

In the water, there is six tall humanoid who look like a cross between a powerfully build human and a lizard. They have clawed hands, a long tail and toothy jaws.

Next, three humanoid lizards the size of an ogre and covered in black scales, roars a challenge at the group.

Finally four small, lizard like humanoid bobs their scaled heads in a furtive manner as the regard tge group.
    All roar and raises their clubs but they have not make attacking movements yet.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-12-10 at 03:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153

Quill quickly resist the urge to speak up if these Lizardmen are just like there smaller cousins the kolbolds they won't apricated some sense of humour... great joyful trickster let Silks keep his thoughts to himself to. the gnome thinks.

he looks around spot: (1d20+3)[17] as he tries to locate the archers among them and thus the most direct threats

As he is calmed down as far as the situation allows he tries to remember customs, speech, strategy... anything about these neighbouring lizardfolk [roll]1d20+4[roll]
    Spoiler
    Show
    just a intelligent check as i don't know if Geography or Local is appropriated for the roll

14. - Top - End - #1154

ooc?kinda: (1d20+4)[14] can't edit when there is a roll in a post can i?

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Like Quill, Rayen resists the urge to saying anything for the moment. She keeps her hands held out from her sides to try to look non threatening. She glances around the group, looking for anything that might get a little trigger happy. At the same time, she racks her brain for any information she may have learned over her travels about these creatures.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[5] Spot for any about to attack

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15] Knowledge Nature

16. - Top - End - #1156

ElfPirate

Being distracted by the discussion on where to set up camp, and where he may have seen the female cleric, Axara, Ryxikor is caught off guard when the lizard men attack. Reminding the elf way too much of the Xuan-ti, an evil snake lover of the underdark, Ryx, already having an arrow nocked, lets his arrow fly at one of the larger lizardmen after it let out a roar. Then quickly grabs another arrow.

Spoiler
    Show

init: (1d20+3)[15]
    HP: 30/30
    AC: 17

standard action: attack B3 with short bow
    move action: draw second arrow
    attack: (1d20+8)[20]
    damage: (1d6)[1]

Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-12-10 at 09:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157

]Quill looks in horror as the dark haired elf trains his arrow at the lizardfolk.
    The Gnome tries to grab the bow of silks and screams in Draconic "Parley!we wish to parley!"

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

Savin settles into a defensive stance as he his back to the elf
    "Fool! They could have created a more clever ambush. They obviously seek something from us."

He quickly glances over to the gnome "Can you talk to these creatures? Convince them that we were just startled and have dealt with creatures on the swamp that have left us on edge."

With that he turns back to the reptilian humanoids, preparing for combat while trying to not offend these creatures any further.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quill looks around to see if he can see any range fighter but all the scaled humanoids he can find have clubs and that is it.

He looks at the scaled humanoids and recognize them as lizardfolks, , a primitive race that roams the hearts of vast swamps. They are humanoid of the reptilian subtype. Lizardfolk speak Draconic, but clever individuals who have somehow been exposed to other cultures often know Common as well.

Rayen does not see any of the lizardfolks who seem trigger happy. She try to recognize them and remembers that lizardfolk tend to be fiercely territorial, savage, and somewhat slow-witted, but they are not generally malevolent. Lizardfolk usually rely on their crude weapons, but they can also fall back on sharp claws and bites when they must. A typical specimen can hold its breath for over five minutes. A lizardfolk’s long, thick tails help it keep its balance and swim quickly. She recognizes the large Lizardfolk as the blackscale lizardfolk and the smaller one as the far more cunning poison dusk lizardfolk.

Ryxikor has had bad luck with scaled humanoid before and answer to their threats by loading an arrow and unleashing it. It hit the blackscale lizard he intended to. The reptilians roar and all 3 blackscale lizard folks pulls out nets from behind their back. The poison dusk lizardfolks reach into the bushes and pull out bows and arrows.

Quill realizes that the situation could degenerate quite fast so he uses his draconic to try to start negotiations.

Savin goes into defensive mode and while lashing at the elf. He asks the gnome to try diplomacy first.

One of the regular lizardfolks replies to Quill “Drop your weapons and let us tie you and we will bring you to the Mighty Kessessek. Resist and suffer for nothing

While the lizardfolk is discussing with Quill, the blackscale and the poison dust have readied their range weapons.

Axara looks at Quill “What do they want?

Quill mentions what Savin suggested that Ryxikor just over reacted because of the stress of the swamp.

The lizardfolk replies “Drop weapons. Get tied. Go talk to Mighty Kessessek!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1160

The illusionist throws his quarterstaff to the side and shows the lizards the palm of there hands. a somewhat pointless gesture when it comes to a mage.

Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We don't plan to stay on your territory for long good folk. Where hunting for the people that abducted people from our city.. "

He then takes a glance to Axara and the rest.
    "They want us to drop our weapons, bind our hands and take us to there leader. As far as i can make out there Draconic has some dialect.
    Just sheet your weapons for now. Show we don't intent to be hostile. Especially you Silks"

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen glares back at the elf, thinking to herself that she should have worried more about someone in this group being trigger happy first. Sighing, she keeps her silence while Quill talks to the lizards. She has no trouble following the conversation. While he speaks to them, she says a silent prayer and the group members feel their extra strength she gave them in the tomb vanish. Quill suddenly feels like his words come a bit easier.

When they mention dropping weapons, she hesitates a moment before curiosity about what they want overcomes her. She slides her shield and morning star to the ground next to her feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Changed Aura to Presence: +1 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks

22. - Top - End - #1162

ElfPirate

As the communication starts, Ryxikor eyes the lizardmen suspiciously. Totally relaxed as he grips his short bow in his left hand, but there-in lies the problem, his mind is already totally in the fight to come, as he focuses mainly on the larger lizardman he just hit with his arrow. Ironically, he did hear Quillmeister's screech, and almost shouldered him out of the way as he tried to interfere with his shot, so Ryx adjusted his shot, a little, just so he wouldn't hit such a vital spot on the large figure.

"What do they seek? What do they want? Probably our still beating hearts as a sacrifice to their reptillian god." The elven warrior mutters, wishing they could kill these beasts and be on their way and task.

As some of the group seem to be leering at Ryx, he doesn't take his eyes off the larger lizardfolk, but he does drop his second arrow back into his quiver, shoulder his short bow, and straightens up into more of a casual pose, albeit, as he crosses his arms, his hands are inches away from the handles of his favored weapons, his rapier and organripper, "They're not binding my hands." he whispers to those close by, not knowing if the humanoid reptiles can understand the common tongue, "So ask them Bookmaster, are we to be taken before this Kessesek as friends or captives?"

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: I forgot to add the +1 to damage from Rayen, thx Rayen
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-12-11 at 10:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Savin sits back and listens to the gnome. He takes a gander at the lizardmen before responding, lowering his chain but not dropping it.

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive
    (1d20+0)[6](6)

"I understand their thinking. If warriors came onto our lands, we would treat them with a certain amount of suspicion and hostility. Especially if we were to take them before our chieftain. But, we wouldn't disarm them unless the whole group went before the leader. To do otherwise is to imply dishonorable intentions on the others. We were startled and thought to defend ourselves in the wilds but that does not deserve this treatment. I will not go disarmed and bound."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn is startled as the lizardfolk rise from the swamp, but he is equally startled by the arrow whizzing past him.

By the time he recovers from the shock, Quill and Savin have begun trying to defuse tensions. Maesyn, speaking Draconic, tries to advocate Savin's position.

"Our warriors feel a great connection with their weaponry," the Bard points out. "It would be a great dishonor to force us to travel without them. Would you not feel the same if you were in our position? If we are to visit your chieftain -- and we are happy to do so, peacefully -- let us do so as fellow warriors, and not as your prisoners."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (incl. +1 from Rayen): (1d20+16)[29]

If Quill wants to Aid Another, I'd appreciate it.

Maesyn Silverhair

25. - Top - End - #1165

"Instead of binding our hands we could bind our weapons. It would make them feel more secure and with that on better behaviour"

the gnome ads in Draconic pointing to his bigger companions with means everyone

Spoiler
    Show
    i don't think aid another won't work as the roll was already made but just incase (1d20+2)[12] (char bonus plus dragon knight bonus i think

edit removed font
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-12-12 at 11:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quill mentions the group is looking for abducted people. The lizardfolk looks at the gnome “You mean the blind minded no scale folks?

The tension diffuses a little when some of the Wheloon Vigilantes sheathes their weapons.

Rayen uses her draconic powers for her partners to feel surer of themselves. She understands the conversation easily but does not interfere.

As Ryxikor pulls down his bow, the group can see the blackscale lizard folks relax a little. However, the elf refuses to have his hand tied.

Savin thinks that the lizardfolks are being truthful. However, the warrior refuses bluntly to be disarmed and bound.

Maesyn intervenes for the bumbling gnome and explains the warriors’ position. The bard statement, helped but Quill nodding of the head seems to have an effect on the lizardfolks. The poison dust lizardfolks lower their bow.

Axara whispers “No one does anything rash or stupid please unless we are 100% sure we are in danger.

The lizardfolk doing the talking approaches Maesyn. “You will come as friends. But you will walk between us. No one touches weapon. IF yes, lizardfolks will smash. The tribes are united and strong and invincible and not afraid of puny scaleless people.

The rest of the lizardfolks yell in support to the last statement, raising their club to the sky in support.

The lizardfolk continues “You stay on trail. You walk with with. You don’t go in the bog. Shadowslain lizardfolk lurk there. “ The rest of the lizardfolks make a loud sound of agreement.

The lizardfolks make two files with the heroes in between and start walking. They keep an eye on the heroes at all time. “We go npw” says the spokeperson.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Slowly, Rayen puts her shield and weapon back on but out of her hands. After years of living with Thore, Rayen has learned when it is best to follow directions and not doing anything rash. She walks in the middle of the group, keeping her hands down at her sides and away from her weapons.

While they travel, Rayen watches the lizard men. She finds herself very curious about these creatures that are not so unlike Thore; just very much smaller.

28. - Top - End - #1168

ElfPirate

Ryxikor just watches who he considers the more dangerous, the larger lizardmen as the discussions continue. The elf doesn't understand anything that is being said, and no-one seems to be translating, but the wily warrior does understand behaviors, and postures, and can only smile when he lowers his short bow, he notices, only then the lizardfolk lower their weapons and relax. He almost scolds the purple haired woman when she drops her weapons, you never give up your weapons, what kind of mercenary are you he thinks to himself I'll have to keep an eye on that one, she chided me for releasing a stray arrow, and she freely gives her weapons.

The suspicious elf complies with what is asked and follows the path with his comrades. He mostly just watches ahead, confident in the fact he can get to his weapons quick enough to defend himself, then If things get too dicey, he could always slip away after quaffing his invisibilty potion, if needed.

Spoiler
    Show

sense motive: (1d20-1)[7]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-12-12 at 04:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1169

"We are permitted to keep our weapons just sheat them and pretend your in Wheloon." the gnome speaks to the less literal members of the Vigilantes.

"Where did you find this guy? Al the sudden where treated more or less as equals -- we will follow the swamp path with each one of these lizard folks to the side.

Oh"
    the gnome remembers

"no reaching for weapons they won't like that"

with that he tries to position himself as the second or third in line.

And asks the lizard man next to him in Draconic "Cæcus sentiébam? Amo absens animost et mentem flexis?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Blind minded? Like absent minded and brainwashed?" i used google latin if one wondered
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2012-12-13 at 12:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, seeing that things are going in a favorable way after being translated, unwraps his chain and places it in his magic pack.

Afterwards, he thinks about what he is told by the strange, hissing men in their language.

"What do they mean by 'Shadowslain'? Perhaps they fight against the followers of Shar, too?" He waits for a response as they walk and also throws in "Maesyn, find out if they are willing to sell us supplies, when you have a chance."

He walks forward, keeping an eye on the lizard men, while believing their intentions still wary as a warrior should be.