New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950515253545570 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Once the lone survivor retreats back into the main building, Ryxikor relaxes somewhat as he puts up his short bow and arrow. He asks for someone to give him a hand to drag the body of the male guard back around the gatehouse to where the others lie dead, he's not hampered by the wisp. While the others discuss the next step, Ryx searches the bodies of the dead for anything of value or interest, or nice weapons he could use.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen helps Ryxikor pull the body into the guard house then stands in the doorway looking around the courtyard for anything they missed because of the fight. She changes her aura first to aid in her search.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura Senses: +1 to listen, spot, init
    Spot: (1d20+2)[9]
    Search: (1d20+2)[7]

3. - Top - End - #1323

Quill recalls his familiar as assistant crawls n his shoulder.

"There should not be much of a disquiet when I say they will know where coming?"

The gnome tries to remember some classical hidden entrances that where constructed for a building the last refuge was designed at.
    Servant entrances, big toilet openings, (or unlikely a emergy exit)

Knowledge (Architecture) [roll]]1d20+8[/roll]

He looks at Muscles and Silk "Noticed a back access way on your way here?"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

4. - Top - End - #1324

next try

(1d20+8)[21]]

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 16
    HP: 21/21
    Spells: bard: 0 3/3, 1 2/4, 2 2/2; sorc: 0 3/3

"No doubt they're fortifying their defenses," Maesyn states, however obvious that conclusion may seem. "We need to either act quickly to maintain our advantage, or else find an alternative path that they may not be anticipating."

He takes a few rounds to scan the room and the bodies for magical auras, concentrating when he finds one to determine school and strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn casts detect magic and scans the room, concentrating for three rounds on any auras he detects beyond the party members.

Maesyn Silverhair

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Savin and Axara go back in the gatehouse as Ryxikor goes outside and decides to carry the bodies inside. They start by the first guard Ryxikor felled.

Quill, Maesyn and Axara all agree that if they decide to enter the keep proper, they will face ready enemies.

Quill thinks about his knowledge of architecture he studied in school and remembers that sometimes, other entrances were made in the back of keeps for various reasons.

Maesyn search the dead guard body and finds a short sword, a short bow, 37 arrows, 31 gold pieces in a pouch and a potion that smells and taste like cure light wound. It is the only magical artifact.

As Ryxikor and Rayen are in the process of bringing in the corpse, an arrow flies from the keep and misses the two heores, burying itself in the wooden door of the gatehouse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

7. - Top - End - #1327

"The front door is without a doubt locked now or at least barricaded "

the gnome mentioned

"Any in favor to break down the door while avoiding an rain of arrows as we smash our way trough the door using a nice table... raise your hand...."

As Quill said that he doesn't move and continues

"Any one in favor of looking for a back exit on the other side of the tower... raise your hand"

a 4 fingered hand is raised into the air.

"Maybe we get lucky and discover a hidden servant entrance"

8. - Top - End - #1328

ElfPirate

As Ryx and Rayen drag the guard's body around the corner, the elf explains, "If anyone else approaches the gate, at least they won't see his body. Maybe it'll take them longer to figure out why no-one answers the gate." he says with his sinister smile as he looks back to see a dark crimson trail left behind by the corpse, glistening wettness in the moonlight. As they get closer to the gatehouse entry, the arrow slamming into the thick wooden door, spurs Ryxikor on a bit more. Once they enter the gate house, he drags the bloody body further into the building, with a grunt, so they can close the door.

Now inside the gatehouse, Ryx looks around. With the dead guard at his feet, he figures he'll start with him. He searches the body, head to toe, checking weapons, armor, and any equipment he may have. He drops bows and arrows into his haversack, since he has no idea when he'll be back to any place to be able to buy any. He works quickly, trying to plunder as much as he can before they decide they're ready to move to the main building, he knows all weapons and armor command a decent price on the open or black market.

Once finished with the dead man and the lizardfolk (is there one inside), the elven rogue kicks the limp body against the far wall, out of the way. He then moves over to the crates, seeing it's food storage, he rummages through to see if he can salvage enough for the Vigilantes.

As Ryx finishes looking around the room and satisfied nothing else is around that can be of use, he looks at Maesyn holding the cards and dice, "If we make it through this we can roll them bones for some of the lot we take, I mean find." he says with a wink. He then moves to the doorway, opening it and peeking outside to make sure no-one is trying to sneak up on them. "Is everyone ready and healed?" He looks to Quill, "There is a side courtyard and yes I think there was a door from the way. But whoever that archer is, is watching us and will know and alert everyone if we go around back. Maybe we should just rush the door and hope he's not good enough to hit any of us." he says with a smile and wink, he then reaches into his pouch, pulling out a stick, then grabbing a potion off his potion belt.

Not knowing if the archer is still at the door, Why wouldn't he be, just waiting there to make a pin cushion out of me, I wish he could've seen what I did to his buddy at the front gate he thinks to himself, just before opening the door. The elven mercenary looks back at everyone one last time, then opens the door carefully, standing off to the side, as to not get arrow shot. Maybe you can hum a tune for me, he says to Maesyn with a heartening smile. He then carefuly moves out, watching for arrows, and throws the smokestick up wind of the doorway, so the breeze will blow a smoke screen across the doorway and hopefully obscure the archers vision.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 30/30
    AC: 20 (17 +3 due to combat expertise)

move action: move to AU24
    standard action: throw smokestick up wind from door, so breeze carries smoke acorss archers vision, combat expertise +3 AC -3 to attack.

Attack (throw smokstick): (1d20+5)[19] includes both bonus from Maesyn humming and -3 due to combat expertise

Smokestick

This alchemically treated wooden stick instantly creates thick, opaque smoke when ignited. The smoke fills a 10- foot cube (treat the effect as a fog cloud spell, except that a moderate or stronger wind dissipates the smoke in 1 round). The stick is consumed after 1 round, and the smoke dissipates naturally

Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-02-05 at 03:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

Savin looks at the keep, befuddled for a moment, before looking back at Quill and Axara.

"Can't one of you... you know, magic us up there?" showing his naivety when it comes to magic.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Axara and Savin look at the door to the keep and see that they are slightly open, creates a space the size of an arrow slit that the shooter is using.

Quill offers two solutions: a full blown frontal attack or looking for a back entrance. He favors the second solution.

Ryxikor and Rayen brings in the corpse. Ryxikor searches it and find a short sword, a sgortbowm 40 arrows, a potion of CLW, 31 GP in a pouch and a key.

He goes through the crate and finds enough to put together 10 daily rations for the group.

Savin suggests that the spell casters teleport the group. Axara smiles. "I wish either I or the accountant were powerful enough to do that but it is beyond our abilities I believe. May be in the future ....."

Ryxikor asks Maesyn to help him by singing but the silver elf shakes his head. "My musical prowness is limited and I need to use it wisely."

The rogue elf decides to provide help with the group decision and opens the door. No arrow. He then goes outside to throw a smokestick. An arrow flies and hit him. He throws the smokestick creating temporary cover.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor: -5HP - Currently at 25/30

Smokestick Effect

Spoiler
    Show
    The smoke obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target).
    The wind disperses the fog in 8 rounds
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331

ElfPirate

Pleased with himself, Ryxikor would like to turn around and poke his head into the gatehouse and pat himself on the back about his toss of the smokestick, giving them some sort of cover for a few moments, but instead, he realizes how precious time is until the smoke disapates into the night breeze, he drops his potion into his pouch as he takes off jogging towards the smokescreen. Even with the burning sensation from gash left behind from an arrow shot, the sneaky elf uses the night's darkness and smokescreen to try and hide as he gets closer to the keep's doors and the archer. As Ryx moves closer he unshoulders his bow and draws an arrow, then he settles down just at the edge of the smoke.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 25/30
    AC: 17

free action: drop potion in pouch
    full round action: double move to AO21, grab bow and arrow while moving.

hide (if needed, reading the smokestick description, he shouldn't): (1d20+9)[26]

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen watches Ryxikor from the guardhouse doorway. She listens to the others argue about what to do for a few more moments then follows the elf out into the courtyard and to the edge of the smoke screen. "Got a plan?" She whispers when she reaches him. "Or should we move to each side of the door along the wall and see if our archer friend joins us?"

Spoiler
    Show
    hp:41
    ac:18
    double move to AP21
    Hide (just in case): (1d20+14)[33]

13. - Top - End - #1333

ElfPirate

Down on one knee, watching the mist barely move in the gentle breeze, Ryx turns his head slightly at the Approach of Rayen, "Ah, welcome my dragon breathing dear." he says with a wink and a smile, knowing she probably can't see either. "I was thinking of taking off at a run straight towards the wall (A21). Once i come out the smoke I'll be at a full run, hopefully i wont be as easy a shot," he says showing her the gash on his side, "I figure i'll draw his shot, so when I get to the wall I'll draw my own arrow. He'll have to come out of the doorway a little to get a good shot if I stay against the wall, then I might get a shot off at him." He looks at the woman, who seems ready to take on these swamp dwellers, and shrugs, "It's all I have, but I'm getting us closer. If he takes a shot at me, maybe everyone could rush him before he can get another shot off". And hopefully there'll be no others joining him he thinks to himnself
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-02-06 at 04:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen nods to Ryxikor. "If he comes out, maybe I can introduce him to my dragon breath as you call it." She smiles at the elf. "Lead the way. I'll come in after you." She crouches down, not really sure if it is needed and waits for the elf to make his move.

15. - Top - End - #1335

"We have to stay together, Wisp and al remember?" Quill speaks to the open door.
    "And crossing an open plain worked so well before" he mumples

"Muscles? I don't know what Silks is planning but woul you be so kind to carry that table for us? It could double as a shield wall or a ram."

"Now give me a moment" the Illusionist tells as he begins to cast his last image illusion spell

a 80 feet long and 80 feet high and 5 feet deep purple bring wall apears before there door.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry but i can't get to the map at the moment.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Savin grins at the gnome.
    To him I must look like a giant he thinks to himself.

With a nod he starts to walk over to the table and tests the weight.

Spoiler
    Show

Achinca, can Savin pick it up and carry it? I'm just wondering about the size and weight.

Looking back at others he says "So, we stay close and single file?" He ponders for a moment. "My only concern is if some wizardly type pops their head out... then what?"

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor makes his run beyond the smoke wall created by the smokestick. No arrow are fired as the rogue is well hidden.

Rayen follows him next smoke wall and both of them get ready to run for the wall.

Before the rogue and the dragon shaman can do anything, a wall appears between them and the keep.

A voice can be heard “It is an illusion. The wall is fake.

Savin picks up the table and moves forward, using the table as a shield but concerned about a magic caster.

Spoiler
    Show
    it is a restaurant style table for two

Axar and Maesyn follow Quill outside. The cleric asks “So what now accountant?
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-02-07 at 02:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quill points to the front and the right when Ryx looks in his direction.

if the elf point to the right the gnome follows.

19. - Top - End - #1339

ElfPirate

As the crafty elf prepares to to advance to the keep, not to far away from the double doors and the archer, a wall pops up before them from nowhere obscuring his vison of the keep, and his destination. "What in the hells is that?" Ryx asks looking back at Rayen.

Then as a voice yells out, it's an illusion, the elven mercenary looks back to the gatehouse and the gnome standing before it, "Well, it seems our little spell weving friend has an endless supply of spells, or he's gonna run out just when he's needed most."

Realizing the wall is blocking all vision of parties on either side of it, Ryx stands up, nocks his arrow, and looks back again to the others, not understanding why they are hesitating, and, "Why in the hells is Savin carrying that table?" he asks his companion, "If they wanted to play cards that bad, we could have stayed in the gatehouse." he says with a smirk, then quickly turns his attention back to the problem, or problems, as he looks at the length of the wall. "I'm going." he says, then knowing he can't be seen, Ryx jogs up to the wall, once he reaches it, he reaches out with his bow, trying to touch the wall with it or see what happens.

If his short bow go through the wall, Ryx follows, drawing his arrow and looking towards his left, remembering that's where the door was. Once he starts to emerge from walking through the wall, he looks to see if the archer steps out, if so he fires.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 17+cover

free action: speaking with Rayen
    move action: move to A20 (shoulda been A21, map was tweaked a bit)
    standard action: attack if opportunity presents itself, with shortbow

attack: (1d20+8)[16]
    damage: (1d6)[5]

Will save for the illusion: (1d20)[2]
    ooc: btw, we did take the 10 rations of food, the cards and dice.
    ooc: so if someone makes their will save, do they even see the illusion, or do they see it but know it's not real?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen was not expecting the wall to pop up in front of them and she starts. Looking at Ryx, she shakes her head. "Defense maybe?"

When the voice tells them it is fake, Rayen smiles in spit of herself. "Good thing we were not closer to that spot."

She giggles when he makes the comment about Savin wanting to play cards badly. When he says he's going forward, she nods. "I shall follow a few steps behind to see what happens. I've got your back."

When the elf moves forward to test the walls, she follows behind but stops along side the smoke he created in case she needs to dive into its cover.

Spoiler
    Show
    hp:41
    ac:18
    Move: AM21
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen changes her draconic aura to aid her companions in the coming battle and make their weapons hit harder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura: Power +1 damage
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Savin reaches in his pouch and takes one of his potions.
    As the others watches he grows to the size of troll and he howls before he rushes forward and smashes the door.

Spoiler
    Show

As described above
    I'm imagining the the table smashing the door makes more sense even though I probably would do more damage with the chain?
    Large table? Can someone help me and use it like a portable ram? This would give me a +2 or +4 depending on how Achinca rules it.
    Also, since the door is partially open, would this be more like a bullrush through the door?
    (1d20+10)[9](19) to hit door

I think I'm going to wait until Achinca chimes in before I roll damage.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Ryxikor has to force himself to go across the wall as he knows it is an illusion but his eyes are telling him otherwise. He ends up between the illusion and the wall. It seems that Ryxikor is not within sight of the arrow shooter.

Rayen follows him but does not cross the wall. She stays next to the smoke wall. She changes her aura to help her friends to hurt the Sharrans even more.

Axara and Quill moves toward the keep but stay south of the fake wall.

Maesyn crosses the wall and goes against the keep wall.

Savin takes a potion of enlargement and rushes the door with the table. The furniture breaks against the strong doors which resists. However, the door that was slightly opens for the archer opens completely.

Savin sees the shadar-kai leader from the courtyard, 5 shadowslain lizardfolks and a human size figure, encased in full plate armor. The figure yells “How dare you intrude upon our sanctuary?” and t the voice that emerges from beneath the helm is high and clear, giving the only indication that the figure is a woman.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rayen: (1d20+2)[6]
    Quill: (1d20+1)[11]
    Ryxikor: (1d20+3)[14]
    Measyn: (1d20+2)[18]
    Axara: (1d20+5)[22]
    Savin: (1d20+2)[21]
    Enemies: (1d20+1)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen watches with wide eyes as the enlarged Savin rushes past her with the table. "Guess he was not looking for a game." She whispers under her breath. She hears the crash from the table breaking against the door but can not see it because of the wall Quill put up. Sighing, she grips her morning star tighter and tries to remember where Ryx entered the wall at. Hoping she does not smack into the elf, she moves up to the illusion and slowly walks through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 41
    Ac: 18
    Move: A21

25. - Top - End - #1345

ElfPirate

Ryxikor, seeing an enlarged Savin, realizes his bow is useless at the moment and decides to discard it and drink a potion as he prepares for another hard fought battle.

Spoiler
    Show

free action: drop short bow and arrow, he will pick these back up later, even if I forget to post it
    move action: grab potion
    standard action: drink potion, remove fear

Remove Fear
    Abjuration
    Level: Brd 1, Clr 1
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Targets: One creature plus one additional creature per four levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
    Duration: 10 minutes; see text
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You instill courage in the subject, granting it a +4 morale bonus against fear effects for 10 minutes. If the subject is under the influence of a fear effect when receiving the spell, that effect is suppressed for the duration of the spell.

Remove fear counters and dispels cause fear.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Spoiler
    Show

new placement of the wall AP-20 J-27

pushing down a brick in the wall to create a small hole for him to see anything

and if the action allows get his magic missle wand and fire at a enemy.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Savin looks at the armored person in front of her and his response is to howl at her. He unwinds his chain to lash out at her before taking a step away.
    Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~16; Current ~ 13
    HP ~ 46; Current ~49

Free action
    5 foot step to A/J-17/18 (5 feet right)

Move action
    Take out spiked chain

Standard action
    Attack K with spiked chain with trip attack (touch attack)
    (1d20+11)[7](18)

Opposed strength check
    (1d20+15)[16](31)

If successful, follow up attack
    (1d20+15)[10](25)(adding +4 for prone)

Crit conf
    (1d20+15)[6](21)

Damage
    (2d6+11)[3][3](17)

Effects~
    +1 to melee damage - Rayen
    Rage(8/9) - +4 strength and con, +10 hp, +2 morale to save, -2 to AC.
    Enlarge - +2 strength, -1 AC

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Axara, Savin, enemies, Maesyn, Ryxikor, Quill, Rayen
    [action stopped here]

Axara moves across the wall and next to Ryxikor (double move) after she hears the table being crushed. Shes says “Quill, are you sure your wall is still helping? Ryxikor, how you are doing health wise?

Savin moves 5 feet to the right and trips the shaker-kai in front of him. Once the shadow creature is down, he hits him hard, with his spike chain, draining half of his life (<50% HP).

The shadar-kai rolls 5 feet, pulls out a potion and drink it. Some of his wound heals.

A shadowslain moves 5 feet outside the keep and tries to claw and bite Savin. Its first claw misses but its second and bite succeed.

Another shadowslain moves where the shadar-kai stood and also and tries to claw and bite Savin. Its first claw misses but its second and bite succeed.

The other shadowslain move 5 feet closer to the door.

The woman in full plate armor moves to the back of the room and starts an incantation: “Please Shar, reduce this mass of heretic flesh to its proper size!” and Savin returns to his normal size inside Quill’s illusion wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: -7HP – 2 HP – 4 HP – 4 HP – Currently at 22/46 + Rage Temp HP

Maesyn stays where he is. He thought about using his bow but the shadowslain has cover.

Ryxikor pulls up a potion and drinks it.

Quill moves his wall 35 feet to the left, making some of the heroes visible to him again.

Rayen moves next to Ryxikor and Axara, her weapon ready for action.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-02-12 at 01:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349

ElfPirate

Ryx noting that Savin has suddenly shrunk to normal size sooner than he should have, realizes there is someone inside with substantial spell casting abilities. The elf, with his left hand pulls organripper free from it's sheath, and with his right, pulls another potion from is potion belt. Popping the cork with his thumb, the elven mercenary downs its contents.

Spoiler
    Show

move action: grab potion, and grab dagger
    standard action: drink potion, protection from evil

Protection from Evil
    This spell wards a creature from attacks by evil creatures, from mental control, and from summoned creatures. It creates a magical barrier around the subject at a distance of 1 foot. The barrier moves with the subject and has three major effects.

First, the subject gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves. Both these bonuses apply against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures.

Second, the barrier blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature (by a magic jar attack, for example) or to exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment (charm) effects and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person). The protection does not prevent such effects from targeting the protected creature, but it suppresses the effect for the duration of the protection from evil effect. If the protection from evil effect ends before the effect granting mental control does, the would-be controller would then be able to mentally command the controlled creature. Likewise, the barrier keeps out a possessing life force but does not expel one if it is in place before the spell is cast. This second effect works regardless of alignment.

Third, the spell prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures. This causes the natural weapon attacks of such creatures to fail and the creatures to recoil if such attacks require touching the warded creature. Good summoned creatures are immune to this effect. The protection against contact by summoned creatures ends if the warded creature makes an attack against or tries to force the barrier against the blocked creature. Spell resistance can allow a creature to overcome this protection and touch the warded creature.

Remove Fear
    You instill courage in the subject, granting it a +4 morale bonus against fear effects for 10 minutes. If the subject is under the influence of a fear effect when receiving the spell, that effect is suppressed for the duration of the spell.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

"We need to draw them out." Rayen says looking to the keep's doors. "They might be trying to do what we was at the guardhouse."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp: 41
    Ac: 18