New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 56 of 83 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #1651
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Savin listens to the interaction between Maesyn and Axara.
    Nodding towards Ryx, he whispers "Do you wish to keep tabs on out diminutive caretaker?" with a crooked grin.

2. - Top - End - #1652
    Bugbear in the Playground

As the gnome searches the altar and returns to the group

Spoiler
    Show
    taking 20 in search (24) ofcourse if anything intresthing is found he takes it with him

"Bad news people. According to this letter these Sharmanders use the gate to get in. And someone in the keep has the key to do it. If following is the wisest and only option remains to be seen" the gnome hands the letter to the bard.

"Any change Thieraven could be our run away mage?"

"Oh, and we have now physical proof Shar's temple is involved, yeah us"
    Quill mumbles sarcastic
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

3. - Top - End - #1653

ElfPirate

His full attention on the staircase now, wondering what is making the moaning sound, Ryx's eyes shift to acknowledge Savin, "Please don't saddle me with that responsibility." he says with a smile, "Besides, I believe the cleric has already taken up the mantle of b...Oh, hi Quill." he says at the approach of bookworm, using the accountant's given name for the first time, "Did you find anything of interest?" Once Quill hands the letter to Maesyn, Ryx replies, "Ah, the pagemaster has found a page!" he says as he flips his hat in his hand and gives an exaggerated wide sweeping bow.

Once Rayen returns, Ryx looks back to Savin, then back up the staircase, "Let's find out what's up there." he says as he grips organripper tightly.

4. - Top - End - #1654
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Axara, Quill, enemies [action stopped here], Rayen, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Savin

Axara looks at the silver lizardfolk. “He was engrossed in reading a letter he found on al altar to Shar which I promptly destroyed.

As the smoke is close to being fully dissipated, Ryxikor peaks up the stairs and sees the top of the stairs. Nothing more. He tries to listen and perceived the faint sound of heavy breathing.

Savin smiles at Axara sudden concern about the accountant. The warrior nods at the rogue, the two killing machines sharing the same opinion of the illusionist.

Quill finds nothing on the altar other than the letter. He steps on the platform and returns to the group. He explains what he found. Ryxikor makes fun of the Wheloon envoy, mocking his lack of field experience.

Axara shakes his head. “Not sure who is Thierhaven but if he is an agent of Shar, this is trouble. We all know that Shar has no love for Mystra and if she is trying to hurt the Weave, the realms are in trouble. Without Mystra’s Weave, there is no magic to be had in the entire Realms. This is big Quillmaster. We now know what is going on. The Sharrans used Mystra to control Her followers and bring them here for to take them somewhere else, may be on the plane of Shadows. I am not sure the role of the shadar-kai and of exactly who Despayr is and what is his role. And who is this Esteve Graycastle, exactly?

She stops there, starts thinking and adds Nope. No clue who she is. Shall we see what is upstairs making sounds they don’t seem to want to make.

In the meantime, Maesyn remembers that Despayr is a name of a black dragon, but not your typical black dragon. Something is different about it but Maesyn does not remember. He is also unsure of the actual age of the dragon. Thierhaven and Esteve Graycastle ring no bell to him. But he remembers well the story of the Dusk Lord of Sessrendale:

For three hundred years the quiet valley between the Thunder Peaks and -the elven lands of Semberholme was the thriving community of Sessrendale. In 1232 DR, the military' rulers of Archendale accused the Dusk Lord of Sessrendale of sorcery, claiming that the shadowy lord polluted the land with necromancy and other evil magic. Archendale's armies' marched into Sessrendale, setting off a three weeks bloodbath. Whatever the truth of•Archendale’s accusations, Sessrendale did muster powerful magic in its defense and the losses were terrible on both sides.

In the end; the Dusk Lord was overthrown. The people of Sessrendale were driven west in to Cormyr, their valuables carted back to Archendale, their• buildings burned and their lands salted.-Sessrendale no longer appears on maps of the Dalelands and is all but forgotten. The fate of the Dusk Lord is a matter of some speculation.
    Some say he was slain; other claims that his necromancy sustained him beyond death. Many stories agree that, alive or dead, the Dusk Lord fled toward Cormyr and took up residence in the Vast Swamp.

The legend hold that the Dusk Lord used magic to pass into the Plane of Shadow.

The bard does not remember anything about the Edon Dome.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    Axara spell: L0 5/5, L1 2/4 +1D, L2 1/3 +1D, L3 1/3+ 1D
    Turning attempts left: 3/5

+1 to melee damages - Rayen Aura- must be within 30 feet of Rayen
    Light spell: 100/600
    Dancing lights 20/50
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-07-01 at 10:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

5. - Top - End - #1655

Quill just smiles when the elven warrior makes his somewhat resentful pun.

Amateur, the elves timing in delivering was terrible and insulting compared to his profession was just bad. Maybe it could amuse the taller folk. But adult gnome humour was more refined.

the Illusionist shakes his head some more after hearing Axara's and Maesyn explanation.

"More black dragons? Seems like Shar hasn't depleted her Shadowslain then."

He grabs his magic missile wand.

"We have delayed long enough that shield spell on our friend has probbaly ran out by now" the gnome said with a smile

6. - Top - End - #1656
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies, I forgot that Kessessek already identified Despayr as Ketsarra's father. I made a BK check on his name back in December.

Maesyn finishes reading over the letter. It's troubling, but it's more concrete evidence of Shar's involvement in this plot. He hands it back to Quill, intending to confer with him and Axara once they had the keep cleared.

"All right, then, let's check it out," Maesyn says to Ryx and Savin. He's ready to follow behind them, his rapier drawn.

Maesyn Silverhair

7. - Top - End - #1657

ElfPirate

As Axara explains the working of the Sharans, and their intent on the magic weave, Ryx grips organripper all the tighter, understanding the problem with spells, but what about weapons he wonders, shaking the thought from his head for the moment, he turns them to the stairs. He lets the others go up first, so he can keep an eye on the lower level, not wanting anyone to sneak up on them, still wondering where the invisible spellcaster is, then Ryx slowly moves up the staircase, as he pulls yet another item from his pack.

Spoiler
    Show

init (just in case): (1d20+3)[8]

HP: 40/41
    AC: 17

move action: follows others up stairs
    move action: grab another object from backpack

8. - Top - End - #1658
    Titan in the Playground

Savin grumbles something under his breath that vaguely like "...did I become a bloody burgl...". Looking between the chain and spear, he shrugs and keeps the spear handy to throw.
    "Keep behind me a few paces and I'll moved ahead as quietly as I can.". With that he moves up the stairs with as much stealth as he can muster.

9. - Top - End - #1659
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Axara, Quill, enemies [action stopped here], Rayen, Ryxikor, Maesyn, Savin

Quill brushes off the insults and urges the group to move upstairs. He has his dancing lights lead the way.

Maesyn understand the gravity of Quill’s findings and wants to discuss more with Axara but need to make sure the abandoned keep is secure.

Ryxikor gets ready to fight, closing the march to avoid bad surprises.

Savin leads the way up the stairs, not very silently but is full alert. Axara follows then Rayen, Quill Maesyn and finally Ryxikor.

The warrior goes up the flight of stairs and arrives in a windowless room which is as dark and dismal as a subterranean dungeon. A number of emaciated lizardfolks are shackled to the walls. One of the lizardfolks look older and one is a female with a holy feeling about her. A hole yawns in the floor near one wall, and it is not entirely clear if the surrounding floor is sturdy.

In addition, the shadar-kai leader is there as Savin recognizes an old acquaintance, the blond Mhair. As soon as they see Savin, the Shadarkai says “Surrender down or the lizardfolks die.”. He has a dagger on the throat of the woman. Mhair adds “Listen to Thierhaven, freaks. He means business. He is not a good guy like me.” He laughs as his longspear is ready to impale the old lizardfolk.

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All

Light spell: 102/600
    Dancing lights 22/50
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1660

ElfPirate

As the group emerges from the staircase, Ryxikor smiles as he isn't surprised to see Mhair. The elf silently moves into the room, carefully watching the dangerous pair.

Spoiler
    Show

move action: up the stairs
    move action: F4

11. - Top - End - #1661
    Titan in the Playground

Savin shifts, slowly, to his left to make room for the others to pass as he has his spear raised high and prepares to throw if the shadar-kai makes a false move, his face grim with determination.

Spoiler
    Show

5 foot step to C-3 and readying an action to attack the shadar-kai if he tries to attack with his dagger.

12. - Top - End - #1662

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it the bard has taken a step forward so i expect the following Savin, Axara, Rayen, Maesyn, Quill and finally Ryxikor

After he hears the commotion he speaks a bit loath to the elven rogue.
    "No Silks. Lower your weapons they have hostages" he follows up with a wink as he takes the invisible scroll out of the case and whispers just loud enough for both elves to hear it. "Get into the room and strike when there distracted."

After he had cast the scroll on the rogue. "The dragons don't make mistakes my friend. If one of your friends is here it is wiser to parley" the gnome comments "Now would everyone be so kind to put your weapons on the disk?"

The accounted casts Floating disk and puts his crossbow and backpack on it. His weasel familiar moves inside the backpack and hides within ready to jump out if a enemy gets to near they might be expecting an attack from a arrow or other weapon but a weasel dangling on the arm hopefully not. Hide (1d20+10)[28]

"Charms" he addresses the bard "Please, tell them that killing wouldn't help the cause. For there innocence"

He then cast his Major image spell and duplicate of the elven rogue apears. He instructs it to put his weapons on his disk.

And walk into the room where his disk is vissible while the duplicate stands just far enough in the room the two Sharians can see it.

Spoiler
    Show
    occ: I hope a combination of a real spell floating disk and illusion weapons upon it will make it more real then it is.
    the plan is for Ryx to get near Thierhaven to get a surprise sneak attack. As assistant attacks a corous Mhair.
    I got no no's or yesses to the plan and quill could work two invisible if one has a potion and do the same with a illusion has he did with Rxy.

I could post more response but we don't know if they will catch the bait or can or can't see invisible people. But as nobody has a better idea there it is

13. - Top - End - #1663

ElfPirate

2nd post, in case 1st one doesn't apply

As the group moves up the staircase, Ryx recognizes the voices at the top, belonging to the invisible spellcaster and the crazy rafter. Surprised by the fact the accountant wants to immediately attack, Ryx is not one to argue with that. The elf accepts the spell cast on him by Ouro, as he holds organripper in one hand and a flask in the other.

Once Ryx is invisible, two can play at this game, he thinks to himself as he stealthly moves up the rest of the stairs and onto the top platform, then as close to the spellcaster as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

move action: up stairs
    move action: move to A4

move silent: (1d20+9)[18]
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-07-05 at 09:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1664
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

in the room.

Maesyn, Axara and Rayen come in and stay quiet.

Quill turns Ryxikor invisible and creates a floating disk and put his weapon and his backpack (containing his familiar) and offers that everyone does the same. Quill creates an image of Ryxikor taking his weapon and putting them on the dish.
    t
    Neither Thieraven or Mhair release their threat on the hostages. The shadar-kai smiles at QuilI actions “That is a good start. Why don’t all of you put all your equipment, backpacks, weapons, spell pouch, holy symbol and so on on the disk. Then you tie each other up and then we leave.”.

Mhair adds “Actually, we will take an hostage too, just in case you guys try to do something stupid and are not the good guys you pretend you are. ” A nasty smiles takes over his face.

In the meantime, the invisible Ryxikor approaches Theiraven. Unfortunately, he is not as quiet as he wants to be a step on a piece of debris that cracks.

:Thieraven jumps “I hear treachery. Someone of something invisible is in the room. Show yourself or the lizardfolks die!

Him and Mhair press their weapon and a drop of blood appears on the hostage neck.

Effects [spoiler]All
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1665

ElfPirate

Just as the rogue gets nearer to the shadar kai, he steps on a creaky board and alerts the enemy. Ryx thinks fast, and decides to make a snap decision before the others have a chance to put the weapons down, especially Savin. The invisible rogue hopes the shadar kai is too involved with his own situation to do any harm to the lizardfolk, plus we have healing wands and a cleric he thinks to himself as he smiles evilly, although no-one sees. Suddenly, Ryx strikes hard and fast with organripper, hitting the shadar kai under the armpit of the arm holding the dagger on the lizardfolk, searching for lung and heart, and hoping it causes him to jerk his arm down and away from the lizardfolk's throat. Then, a now visible elf wearing his black wide brimmed floppy hat, slams his right hand down on the shadar kai, exploding an alchemist fire flask on the spellcaster, then hoping the shadowy enemy decides to put the fire out before trying to harm any lizardfolk.

After his attack, Ryx jumps away, hoping to not get burned during his attack. "Show myself? Okay, here I am." Ryx says, laughing.

Spoiler
    Show

full round action: attack with dagger and alchemist fire
    free action: 5' step to A3, after attack

attack organripper: (1d20+14)[16] includes +4 for invisible
    damage: (1d4+3)[7]
    sneak attack damage: (3d6)[8] do I add STR bonus and magic enhancement to this?

attack alchemist fire: (1d20+8)[22] do I get +4 on this attack, technically he JUST became visible
    damage: (1d6)[6]

Alchemist’s Fire

You can throw a flask of alchemist’s fire as a splash weapon. Treat this attack as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet.

A direct hit deals 1d6 points of fire damage. Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of fire damage from the splash. On the round following a direct hit, the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage. If desired, the target can use a full-round action to attempt to extinguish the flames before taking this additional damage. Extinguishing the flames requires a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground provides the target a +2 bonus on the save. Leaping into a lake or magically extinguishing the flames automatically smothers the fire.

Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2013-07-05 at 11:26 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1666

The floating disk floats between the gnome and Mhair as
    A Scorching Ray exits Quills fingertips targeting Thieraven

Ranged Touch Attacks (1d20+4)[14] (4d6)[19]

17. - Top - End - #1667
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Effects: +1 melee damage rolls to those within 30 feet
    ooc: I am assuming that Rayen comes before Ryx and Quill actions so...

Rayen studies the scene as the group speaks with the two guards. She does not recognize the one man. Her hand is gripped on her morning star's hilt but she does not make a move to give up her weapons like she did once before with the other lizard folk. She waits to see what her other companions will choose to do before she makes her own move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (for anything else of importance in the room) (1d20+3)[23]
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

18. - Top - End - #1668
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Ryxikor, enemies [action stopped here], Axara, Maesyn, Quill, Rayen, Savin

Ryxikor, feeling discovered digs his special dagger inside the flat footed Thierhaven and splashes him with alchemist fire. Drops hit him and the female lizardfolk. The rogue reappears and steps away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor: -1HP – Currently at 39/41

Theirvaven cuts the lizardfolk throat and she turns inconscious and starts bleeding. Mhair impales the old lizardfolk leader, killing him instantly. “I knew you guys were not good guys. Forcing us to kill the lizards here. You Mystrans are real danger to the Realms.”

Thieraven whispers a few words and try to turns invisible but the pain from the alchemist fire is too much so he loses concentration. He them moves next to Mhair.

Mhair attacks Savin with his long spear, hitting him twice and significantly damaging the warrior.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ryxikor: -25HP – Currently at 25/53

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All

Light spell: 104/600
    Dancing lights 24/50
    Last edited by achinca; 2013-07-08 at 01:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1669
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, seeing Mhair make a tactical error, slides forward while dropping his spear and brings out his chain, lashing out as he tries to trip him.
    "Fool, you beat us hear only to meet your death. Tell us how it happened and I will spare you."

Spoiler
    Show

Savin
    AC ~17; Current ~ 17
    HP ~ 53; Current ~25

Free Action
    5 foot step to D-6 will dropping spear and pulling out chain

Full attack action

1st spiked chain strike trip attack
    (1d20+11)[13](24) touch attack

Opposed strength check
    (1d20+7)[5](12)

If successful, follow up attack
    (1d20+11)[19](30)

Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+11)[13](24)

Damage
    (2d4+6)[4][1](11)

2nd spiked chain strike

(1d20+11)[19](30) touch attack if the first attack failed to trip

Opposed strength check if first attack failed to trip
    (1d20+7)[19](26)

If successful, follow up attack
    (1d20+11)[8](19)

Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+11)[6](17)

Effects~
    Rayen Aura- +1 to melee damages; must be within 30 feet of Rayen
    Bless: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects

Last edited by razorback; 2013-07-08 at 10:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1670

Damn you Ryx the plan was to attack when they where both distracted!
    The Illusionist thinks to himself

"Ax, Ray, Maesyn! Could some of you check on the female lizard?"
    Quill shouts instead.

as he takes a step back to get out his enemies as he points his finger at Thieraven he utters the words of power "digitum proferat rapidi trabem" a purple ray is fired in there direction.
    Spoiler
    Show

moving to B4 and firing the sorching ray results already rolled.

But

If no one tries to heal the holy feeling lizard quil asks it's assistant to get the green potion on the disk and heads to A5 his disk floats to A4.
    Hopefully taking a small bottle from a familiar is a free action and healing could happen this round.
    Last edited by Ouroborosi; 2013-07-08 at 03:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1671

ElfPirate

When organripper digs deep into the magic-weaver and he catches aflame, Ryx just smiles at his handy work, "That should help us locate you if you decide to go invisible again. Hmm, that smells like burnt spell-caster, hahaha." the rogue says, as he moves between the unconscious female lizardfolk and the shadar kai, trying to at least save one of the threatened lizardfolk, saving one of two of these lizardfolk is fine with me, Ryx thinks to himself as he steals a glance to the lizard-like Maesyn. "Axara, your skills are needed over here quickly!" Ryx yells while he tries to defend the injured lizardfolk from getting hurt worse. The murderous elf leans over slightly and retrieves another dagger that was strapped to his calf, inside his boot, then takes another couple steps to get closer to his target, and lashes out with organripper.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 30/41
    AC: 18 vs shadar kai, 17 vs others

move action: move 20' to B6 and grab 2nd dagger
    standard action: attack shadar kai with organripper

attack: (1d20+10)[16]
    damage: (1d4+3)[4]

22. - Top - End - #1672
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen moves over to the female lizard and looks around for a piece of cloth to press against the throat wound. If none are close by, she uses her hand to press over the wound in attempts to stop the bleeding. "Axara, I can only do so much to help her!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: A5
    Try to slow the bleeding until Axara can heal the female lizard. (not sure if you need a roll for it)
    Do not mettle in the affairs of Dragons. For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

23. - Top - End - #1673
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 21
    HP: 25/25
    Spells: bard: 0 0/3, 1 0/4, 2 1/3; sorc: 0 0/3

Maesyn steps toward Mhair and Thierhaven to provide some cover for Axara and the lizardfolk. He flicks out with his rapier to try to draw blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to C6.

Standard action: Attack Mhair: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage (+1 Rayen): (1d6+2)[6]

Maesyn Silverhair

24. - Top - End - #1674
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Initiative: Ryxikor, enemies [action stopped here], Maesyn, Quill, Rayen, Savin, Axara

Spoiler
    Show
    Given that everyone has posted, I will delay Axara action until the end of the round to ensure people action make sense

Maesyn, still in lizardfolk shape, moves to attack Mhair. He creates an attack of opportunity for the blond man due to his longspear. The rifter pierces the bard but Maesyn takes revenge by skewering Mhair.

don’t get mad about the old lizard here. It is a not a personal at all. You give up now and he is the only dead lizard.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn: -10HP – Currently at 15/25

Quill simply point his finger tips and a burning ray hit Thieraven. The shadar-kai tries to avoid it but fails and starts screaming as he returns to the shadow plane.

Rayen moves next to the bleeding Lizardfolk female and tries to stop the bleeding but fails to do so.

Savin tries to trip Mhair. He fails the first time but succeeds the second time and hit the rifter as he is down.

you and your dammed tripping tricks. I remember how annoying they are… creativity is not your strong point, is it?”

Axara rushes to the dying lizardfolk and do a small incantation to stop her from bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Axara used a cantrip to provide 1 HP of healing and stop the bleeding

Ryxikor, sad to see the shadar-kai die, goes next to the prone Mhair and stabs him, just for fun.

Lying prone, Mhair readies his attack on Savin but says “Why can’t we just get along. I have information you don’t have and you have something I really care about, the key to my life.”

Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    All
    Axara spell: L0 4/5, L1 2/4 +1D, L2 1/3 +1D, L3 1/3+ 1D

Light spell: 105/600
    Dancing lights 25/50
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1675
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 21
    HP: 15/25
    Spells: bard: 0 0/3, 1 0/4, 2 1/3; sorc: 0 0/3

Maesyn holds up a hand to stay Savin and Ryx. "You abused our trust once already. Why should we grant you mercy a second time?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Ready an action to attack Mhair if he makes any aggressive move.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2013-07-09 at 10:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1676
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Rayen removes her hand from the females neck. She shrugs at Axara. "Sorry, I got a little desperate. Never was good at this kind of thing." She looks over at the men surrounding the one on the ground. Leaving them to deal with the downed man, she moves over to the stair case and takes up guard at the top.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: C4 to watch down the stairs
    Spot: (1d20+1)[8]
    Listen: (1d20+3)[6]

27. - Top - End - #1677

ElfPirate

Ryx watches as one of Quill's spells kills the shadar kai, "Hmm, so much for illusions, huh? hahaha" he says while laughing. Ryx then turns his attention to Mhair, but doesn't close the distance once Maesyn signals to halt the attack. The elven mercenary hesitates only momentarily to see where Maesyn is going with this, but the elf trusts the bard's instincts and ends up sheathing his daggers.

Ryx takes a few steps away from Maesyn, Savin and the prone Mhair, to turn his attention to the equipment left behind when the shadar kai left this plane to return to the plane of shadows. He rummages through everything, looking for anything that may excite the elf, like magic- magical weapons to be exact, but, he also seems to be looking for one certain thing, something like keys, to help release the prisoners. If he doesn't find any keys, Ryx grabs his fine supple brown leather pouch containing some more of his prized possessions, his thieving picks and tools, and attempots to start unlocking the manicles.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 39/41

are we still in combat rounds?

28. - Top - End - #1678

"Excellent" Quill shouts as the shadar-kai diapears.

"You don't remember me mister Mhair but the name is Quill, Quill Burrowden son of Quils we have met at the court of the purple dragons."

The gnome shows of his purple ring.

"If I remember it correctly you denounced every involvement with the woman Arthas. You also denounced the claim of the sailor woman to have fed the dead aberration in the sewer. I also noted that the dragons didn't liked the joke that followed." he corrects his glasses and sighs "Everyone is a critic" "While i wasn't aware that your claim on killing a gold dwarf in self-defence was approved before I left."

he koffs "Everyone makes mistakes and i am glad to have seen justice done."

"But here is a small problem, these men-- and women are currently working for me now"

"No, don't talk back daddy is talking"
    the gnome waves away any objection by the group that they are just pawns.

"Your training your weapon on one of my own men. And Thieraven here has already experienced how people are treated that resist arrest."

"So would you be so kind to drop the spear of yours, were talking this over as men not as monkeys that try to attract a mate."

to gnome smiles trying to look friendly

"I herby promise that when you fully cooperated with our investigation we will turn you over to the local authorities."

Diplomacy if needed (1d20+1)[19]

29. - Top - End - #1679
    Titan in the Playground

"Unoriginal I may be but I would listen to the Master Gnome. He is your only chance to live, cur."

Spoiler
    Show

Ready an attack to either attack him if he makes any offensive move.

30. - Top - End - #1680
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Maesyn hears Mhair and with a gesture indicates to Savin and Ryxikor, the bruisers of the team to hold off.

Rayen assesses the situation and decides to guard the stairs, just in case.

Axara nods at the shaman :”We all have our unique skills, sister. I heal the injured, you spit acid. Everyone has a role.. She goes and starts healing the prisoners, using a cantrip if needed.

Ryxikor notices Quill’s sudden ferocity and appreciates it. He goes to see what Thieraven left and finds a MW spiked chain, a cloak, 10 gold pieces, a letter and a scroll. After that he starts freeing the prisoners, having little troubles with the manacles.

Quill again takes a leadership role and offers surrendering terms.

Mhairs laughs at the gnome and looks at Maesyn still in lizard form.“ You talk about trust? You pretent to be good guys and yet lie through your teeth. You offer a peaceful approach with everyone depositing their weapons on a disk while you use illusions and magic to send your invisible assassin to kill Thieraven. Your words carry little, gnome, considering you have already proven that you lie very well. Don’t take it personally magician, but your word is as valuable as dog poop.”

At this point, Savin tells Mhair to REALLY listen to Quill.

Well, if your warriors vouch for you, what choice do I have?”

He drops the spear and the club and slowly gets up, keeping his hands up.

Mhair smiles now and says “So the deal is you let me live and I tell you how I got here. But I need someone other than the lying wizard to promise me safety, someone I know would not just lie and take advantage of a poor soul like me.”

He stops and looks at the entire group, his eyes ending on Axara and Maesyn before continuing.

And this idea to give me to the authorities, how about we make another deal. You mentioned the golden dwarf. Well, I know that there was another golden dwarf, a woman or so I believe. I do know her whereabouts. See, I am just like you. You are probably adventuring to be able to impress sweet young things or get enough gold to sweet young thing to pretend that they care about you for 15 minutes. I am like you. I was just a smuggler, minding my own business trying to make a living. Then Shan Thar approached me and told me I would get much more gold but smuggling people out of his temple on the river. It is what I did. I like sweet young things and their affection is expensive. So the idea of going to the authorities and losing access to that is not really getting me that excited. So how about I tell you what I learned about the golden dwarf and you let me go. I promise I will go back to my simple ways.”

He stops before adding “Let me sweeten the deal. I will tell you what rumors and gossip I heard about what is really going on here! What do you say? Deal?
    Spoiler
    Show