Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 2464
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    "I hope we finally get some answers tonight. I hate having had to wait so long, when there may be people in danger," Maesyn comments to Marlae as they wait for word from the others.


    Maesyn Silverhair
    "There is always another day. I sought to bring succor to those in need during our wait."
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-04 at 03:08 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show
    The power of good Will save protects me!
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[6]

    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn and Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cleric and the bard waits impatiently for any communications for the 3 guys inside. Maesyn is really hoping for some resolution while the cleric is much calmer, knowing the goodness she brings to the realm.


    Aust, Savin (Dominated) and Zarien
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aust starts to feel the power of the Starry Gnosis but the wild wood elf has developed a sense of survival. He resists it and the attempt to dominate him disappears. However he realizes that Savin is under the influence of the globe.
    Zarien also feels the Starry Gnosis trying to dominate him but the overweight wizard is too smart to fall to it. He shakes the attempt and realizes that Aust is free but Savin is dominated.
    Both Aust and Zarien realize that the source of the dominating power is the Starry Gnosis.

    Fembrys, in a cruel and evil voice says "Guards, warrior, take down these unbelievers ... "

    Please Roll Initiative

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your stuff is still in the Petitioners rooms. You did not notice the door being you being closed after you enter the inner temple. You still have a link with Maesyn. Map same as the one posted before.

    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-02 at 01:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show
    I KNEW IT! This evildoer is going DOWN!
    (1d20+4)[13] INI is +5, -1 because: fatigue.
    Since I might get disappeared again for some time, I will post all that I will perform in my round, given that no action perturbs me. In which case I will scratch that and remake my actions as needed tomorrow.


    In case of highest or higher Ini roll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien has a crazed look plastered on his face when Fembrys turn on them. He puts his hands inside his underwear (urgh) with so much gusto that it wouldn't be odd to imagine he would try to arm himself with his virile member. Then, giving fast-paced steps back, he slowly starts to laugh at Fembrys. "hahaha! I knew it! You proved yourself foul and evil and by the powers invested in me by the Goddess of Magic I sentence you to defeat!" His half-crazed laughter burst into a full blown hysteria when, from out of his hand-made pockets, he takes a flask of alchemist's fire and... some sort of tangled dry web.

    *Higardio astra mer to HYMPERION!*

    The arcane pronunciations weave a true spell and from his hand web spins towards the others in the room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action: I move myself (move action) towards the right wall, away from the priest and the others while drawing a projectile weapon (flask of Alchemists Fire) and position myself for a medium range spell.
    I cast Web, which I need to reach my pouch for (a immediate/free action) and cast the spell for a standard action.

    All needed information for the spell is in the link. I use the altar and pillars of the room as support for the web, filling the room with them. WARNING. I keep them away from any fire and my companions, both Savin and Aust. Achinca's discretion now


    If it's not my turn, disregard the rest of the post. Haha. I will post again soon then!
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "I apologize, Lady Dawnbringer;" Maesyn asserts. "I did not mean to question your motives."

    Whispering, so as to activate the spell, he addresses the companions within the temple: "Any progress or updates, friends?" he asks. They can whisper back to reply. He has included Marlae in the spell just in case, though she won't be able to hear any reply.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative
    (1d20+2)[14]

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    "I apologize, Lady Dawnbringer;" Maesyn asserts. "I did not mean to question your motives."

    Whispering, so as to activate the spell, he addresses the companions within the temple: "Any progress or updates, friends?" he asks. They can whisper back to reply. He has included Marlae in the spell just in case, though she won't be able to hear any reply.


    Maesyn Silverhair
    She smirks. "One may fault Lathanderites for certain things, but idleness is not one of them."
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-03 at 12:02 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    StandardBC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    'Merica (A.K.A Texas)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+11)[25]
    Avatar by Crimmy

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Just as he whispers his question, Maesyn hears trouble brewing through the magical link.

    "Something's happening," he reports with urgency to Marlae. "The wizard has uncovered an evil and sworn its defeat!"

    He looks immediately to the gates to see how well guarded they are, taking up his lap-harp Melalindor as he does so.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Just as he whispers his question, Maesyn hears trouble brewing through the magical link.

    "Something's happening," he reports with urgency to Marlae. "The wizard has uncovered an evil and sworn its defeat!"

    He looks immediately to the gates to see how well guarded they are, taking up his lap-harp Melalindor as he does so.


    Maesyn Silverhair
    She looked at Maesyn curiously. "In what manner?"
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-04 at 09:43 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn and Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn hears Zarien calling someone foul and evil and sentencing him or her to defeat. He gets up and picks up his harp, Melalindor. Marlae is more nonchalant about the situation.

    Based about previous observations, they know the guards take two hours shift. They see the next two guards leave the guard house and walk toward the door. They do not seem to have notice the two adventurers.


    Aust, Zarien and Savin

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: Aust, Zarien and Savin, enemies
    Aust is the first one to act. He moves toward the door and opens it.

    Zarien moves slowly out of the room and cast web, covering Fembrys and Savin. None of them are quick enough to prevent being entangled.

    Fembrys orders Savin to free himself but the warrior cannot do it.

    Fembrys swears and starts an incantation “Web Be gone To his surprise, the web stays.

    The shadow guards yell “We passed through the Shadow Gate , and didn't find Mystra at the end ...” and both converge on Aust. The first guard fails to hit Aust and nearly loses his blade.

    The second shadow guard positions himself to flank Aust and attack but fails too to hit the wood elf


    Map

    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]


    OOC to all

    Spoiler
    Show
    When discussing movement, please indicate where your character ends, e.g. A4. Also, when doing an area spell, specify the range eg. centered F13, diameter C13-L13. Thanks.
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-05 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "I haven't the foggiest," Maesyn replies as he moves toward the gate. "What's going on inside?" he asks, hoping for some sort of reply via his message spell.

    Just before he gets in range of the gates, he sees the new shift approach. "We need to find a way in," he whispers. "I can fascinate two of them for a brief period, but not four. Unless you can think of another route, we'll have to wait for the shift change to end."


    Maesyn Silverhair

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    She considers her options for a moment as she follows behind Maesyn. She whispers back in reply. "If there are no other solutions, they will not do harm upon me so long as I reciprocate. I can also paralyze one in place or make our movements silent for a time."

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    StandardBC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    'Merica (A.K.A Texas)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Aust walks through the doors he's standing by, trying to find some sort of weapon in the next room. He makes his way through the area, hoping to make it back to the bed chamber with his weapons.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Kind of useless as of now without a weapon. No map, but I plan on stopping as close to the bed chamber as possible.

    Edit: Stop at P7
    Last edited by StandardBC; 2012-04-06 at 10:54 AM.
    Avatar by Crimmy

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    "HAH!" He exclaims in enthusiasm to the entangled web inside. "Your petty magic is nothing compared to the power of a true practitioner of the Art, Fembrys. Surrender and I will make your demise quick." With his growing Ego, Zarien casts another spell. The magic tugs at one of the guards mind and has the object to bend his mind in his favor.

    *Coginito ergo existo.*
    "You, drone! If you wish to receive the true touch of Mystra, protect me and my friends. Have faith in me, and I will guide you to the true faith."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I will give just a step of adjustment to the right, what gives me line of sight to the guard to the left. I then cast Charm Person with a Will DC of 15. Just for the sake of it, I will roll a Diplomacy/Intimidate/Bluff test, since they are all the same, DM pick which at his own discretion.
    (1d20-2)[17]
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Realizing that this might be their best chance, Maesyn tells Marlae to cast her sanctuary spell, while he proceeds around the corner.

    He will wait for the guards to open the gates before approaching them. "Good evening and well met," he calls out at that time. He is unarmed, except for the harp cradled in his left arm. "Is the temple open, my good men?"



    Maesyn Silverhair

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn and Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn and Marlae decide that this is the best time to enter the temple. They realize that the guards are likely to outnumber them so they settle on a different approach.

    Maesyn asks Marlae to cast sanctuary while he approaches the guard.

    When asked the question, the guard replies “Well kind sir, the temple is now close. It will reopen at sun rise (in about 6 hours).

    The door opens and the two other guards are there, ready to finish their shift.


    Aust, Zarien and Savin

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: Aust, Zarien and Savin, enemies

    Aust continues his rush toward the Petitioners’ quarter where all the group equipment is.

    Zarien takes a 5-feet step move and tries to convince the first warrior that he is his friend. The guard shakes his head and said “No way fastso!

    Frembrys yells “Get them but keep them alive! I will need them for my experiments

    Fembrys tries to free himself and nearly succeeds but in the end fails.

    Savin is not able to untangle himself.

    The first shadow guard moves toward Zarien and strikes him with the flat of his blade. He hits him hard. Zarien realizes that the hits won’t kill him but likely will make him unconscious.

    For Zarien
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien: -10HP non Lethal – Currently at 12/22 (non-lethal)


    As Savin sees the guard hurt his friend Savin, he realizes something is really wrong

    For Razor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Razor Roll will save DC 16 – 2 modifier)


    The other shadow guard goes after Aust.


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Realizing that this might be their best chance, Maesyn tells Marlae to cast her sanctuary spell, while he proceeds around the corner.

    He will wait for the guards to open the gates before approaching them. "Good evening and well met," he calls out at that time. He is unarmed, except for the harp cradled in his left arm. "Is the temple open, my good men?"



    Maesyn Silverhair
    Despite her better judgment, she chooses to go ahead with the spell.

    "Divine Lathander,
    guardian of the Dawn,
    protect thy servant of harm,
    from spell and brawn
    "

    She unstraps her shield and places it around her arm as move action.



    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Maesyn and Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn and Marlae decide that this is the best time to enter the temple. They realize that the guards are likely to outnumber them so they settle on a different approach.

    Maesyn asks Marlae to cast sanctuary while he approaches the guard.

    When asked the question, the guard replies “Well kind sir, the temple is now close. It will reopen at sun rise (in about 6 hours).

    The door opens and the two other guards are there, ready to finish their shift.
    When the doors open, she walks through the doors as a double move to reach square AD12. Praying silently that Lathander has heeded her words. (DC 14 for the guards to attack her. I assume their weapons aren't drawn anyways to make the point moot unless they want to shield bash or punch her). "I have need of the privy." she lies as she makes her way past.
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-07 at 11:16 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    With the head spinning the wizard gives a step backwards, away from his assailant. He have been casting spells for a while, true, but what the guard didn't pay attention to was that that in his hand he held a flask of alchemist's fire. Glaring at the guard that hit him Zarien hurls the concoction, his ears still buzzing too hard for him to focus on a spell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A 5 feet step as a move action, taking me out of his range. Instinctive, though, I could fry him with a spell. Then a standard action attacking with a splash weapon.

    (1d20+2)[10] +3 of my Attack Base plus dex, -1 from fatigue. It's a touch attack, the damage is 1d6 of fire damage.
    See Alchemist's Fire.
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn works quickly; he had hoped the other two guards would not be waiting by the door... but there they were.

    "Oh, but I have just composed an ode to Mystra... would you like to hear it?" he asks as he strums Melalindor quickly.

    AC: 15
    HP: 17/17
    Spells: 0 2/3, 1 3/3, 3 1/1

    Standard action: Fascinate on Guards 1 and 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform check: (1d20+12)[14]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    StandardBC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    'Merica (A.K.A Texas)
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Aust pushes through the door into the bed chamber and w
    Quickly makes his way over to his chest. He grabs his bow and his quiver, waiting for an opportunity to put an arrow into the guard chasing him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what type of action reaching something in a chest would be. Can't seem to find it in the SRD. I assume it wouldn't be more than a standard action. I end up in square M3, next to my chest.
    Avatar by Crimmy

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn and Marlae

    Spoiler
    Show
    Marlae casts sanctuary on herself and starts walking toward the entrance of the middle temple, past the guards.

    The guards, who did not have their weapon drawn, are taken by surprise by the Cleric’s action. Their reaction is quick.
    Lady, this is not a private place for you to do your water or worse. Please leave the temple or you will force us to shoot you.”. Without moving, they pull out their bow and notch an arrow.

    OOC: I have not roll the will save for G3 and G4 as they are waiting to see if Marlae complies with their request.

    Maesyn starts singing and both guards next to him are completely fascinated by him, with G2 being nearly infatuated by the silver elf.


    Aust, Zarien and Savin

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aust keeps moving toward the Petitioners’ quarter and opens the door.

    OOC: Opening door is a standard action. These doors are not saloon type door

    Zarien steps backs 5 feet and throws an alchemist fire at the Shadow Guard facing him. Although the throw is poor, it succeeds and the flask explodes, burning the guard who starts screaming.

    Savin realizes something is wrong but stays under the domination of the Starry Gnosis. He tries to free himself but fails/

    Fembrys, getting annoyed that he is stuck in the inner temple and has no idea what is going on, hears the guard screaming. He tries to break free but is unable to do so.

    SG1 spends the full round trying to extinguish the alchemist fire and succeeds.

    SG2 moves toward Aust and attack him with the flat of his blade but the wood elf is too swift for him..


    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-09 at 09:06 PM. Reason: MAp added
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Maesyn and Marlae

    Spoiler
    Show
    Marlae casts sanctuary on herself and starts walking toward the entrance of the middle temple, past the guards.

    The guards, who did not have their weapon drawn, are taken by surprise by the Cleric’s action. Their reaction is quick.
    Lady, this is not a private place for you to do your water or worse. Please leave the temple or you will force us to shoot you.”. Without moving, they pull out their bow and notch an arrow.

    OOC: I have not roll the will save for G3 and G4 as they are waiting to see if Marlae complies with their request.

    Maesyn starts singing and both guards next to him are completely fascinated by him, with G2 being nearly infatuated by the silver elf.
    ((OOC: Listen check))

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[14]


    Thinking quickly, she tries to appeal to the guards' good nature. Obviously impatient, she pleads. "My companion and I were expected to meet some acquaintances after they complete their rites within. We've waited for some time. Please, can you allow me to go inside?"

    ((OOC Marlae will try to diplomatically convince them to allow her in at least))

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[24]
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-09 at 05:35 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    OOC: Waiting for the map before deciding what I can get away with. =)

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 15
    HP: 17/17
    Spells: 0 2/3, 1 3/3, 3 1/1

    Maesyn continues to keep the guards fascinated while he keeps an eye on the the other two. If they turn away from Marlae to see him, he will motion them outside (though continuing to strum his lap-harp) and say "I think there's something wrong with your friends here." Otherwise, if they keep their focus on Marlae, he just keeps an eye on them, moving a few steps closer to the gate.


    Maesyn Silverhair

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Zarien tugs at his trousers again. The guard just had the quick wit to quench the flames that burned at his clothes and hair when the wizard pulls another dreadful concoction, a lime green color this time, while taking steps backward to his own assumed safety. "Oh, big evil guy, with big sword. You should've taken up me on my offer and joined my side. I could give you freedom." Something in the wizards voice betray a weight that, while invisible to the world, still burdens him.
    And again he hurls the flask in the shadowguard's face.

    Spoiler
    Show
    In this round my actions are taking a 5 feet step back as my movement while drawing the second splash weapon I had prepared, a flask of acid. This time it's simpler: touch attack, 1d6, no saves or second damage. Work as any other splash weapon. As standard action, ATTACK!
    (1d20+2)[10]
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    south side of reality ...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Maesyn and Marlae

    Spoiler
    Show
    The guards are looking at Marlae then look at each other. They hesitate and then the first guard says “Listen, we are both just guards. Neither of us was particular good in our life and we got this job as a final chance to redeem ourselves by serving a good god. Your friends are looking to earn Mystra Sacred Trust. Good for them. We are not allowed to enter the temple per Shan Thar order. But it is fine with us. We are just glad he gave us a chance to serve Mystra.

    The second guard adds “You are cleric of Lathander, aren’t you? We will walk you to the door. It is not locked.

    The two guards lower their bows and accompany Marlae to the middle temple door.

    Maesyn moves inside the temple, gently playing his harp, followed by the two fascinated guards. The guards next Marlae have not noticed him and if they have, they are not worrying about him.


    Aust, Zarien and Savin

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aust enters the Petitioners Quarters, goes to his chest and opens it. His weapons are right on top.

    Zarien takes another step back and throw a flask of acid at the shadow guard facing him. One again, the throw is poor but touches the guard.

    Zarien hits the guard right in the face and the acid enters his eyes and mouth and burns him. The shadow guard starts screaming but quickly falls to the ground, dead.

    Neither Fembrys nor Savin is able to free themselves from the web.

    Frembrys sees his shadow guard go down and yells “ENOUGH” He murmurs a few arcane words and a tremendous cacophony blast hit the area near Zarien. The violence of the sound would have hurt Zarien had the arcanist not moved prior to throwing the acid flask.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sound burst located on J12 – 10 Feet radius spread – Missed Zarien as Fembrys cannot see where the hero is.


    The second shadow guard follows Aust in the Petitioners’ Quarters.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Aust picks up his weapon, it will create a AoO


    The door on the north-west wall opens and regular guards appears. They shout at Zarien “What in Mystra’s name is going on?


    Marlae and the outsides guards hear the sound burst. They look at her with sudden suspicion. “What is happening inside?

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-12 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Map added
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am playing Axara a Level 6 Cleric in FR-Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave
    I am playing Sunleaf a Level 2 Monk 1 Druid in Heroes for Hire

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Maesyn and Marlae

    The guards are looking at Marlae then look at each other. They hesitate and then the first guard says “Listen, we are both just guards. Neither of us was particular good in our life and we got this job as a final chance to redeem ourselves by serving a good god. Your friends are looking to earn Mystra Sacred Trust. Good for them. We are not allowed to enter the temple per Shan Thar order. But it is fine with us. We are just glad he gave us a chance to serve Mystra.
    She smiles warmly to the first guard. "Redemption is a commendable goal."

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    The second guard adds “You are cleric of Lathander, aren’t you? We will walk you to the door. It is not locked.
    She nods. "I am. Lathander is the god of renewal and self-perfection. She intones, implying they might look for their redemption to Lathander but she doesn't press the point further once she heard the loud noises coming from within.

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    The two guards lower their bows and accompany Marlae to the middle temple door. Maesyn moves inside the temple, gently playing his harp, followed by the two fascinated guards. The guards next Marlae have not noticed him and if they have, they are not worrying about him.
    She nods in thanks with a pleasant smile to the guards for allowing her inside.

    Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Marlae and the outsides guards hear the sound burst. They look at her with sudden suspicion. “What is happening inside?
    At first startled, she is legitimately perplexed by the sound and returns a deadpan look to the guards. "I was about to ask the same."
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-11 at 11:46 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    AC: 15
    HP: 17/17
    Spells: 0 2/3, 1 3/3, 3 1/1

    Maesyn sees his chance. He ends his song, releasing the guards from their fascination, but he has already dashed ahead to join Marlae. "If you value your chance at redemption, join us in exposing the counterfeit Mystrans who run this temple. They are not inducting our friends into Mystra's Sacred Trust -- they're attacking them! See for yourself!"

    He then intones a magical incantation and the doors to the inner sanctum fly open, revealing that the scene is as he described.

    (Standard action: cast open/close [range 35 ft] on the door to open it)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check: (1d20+14)[32]



    Maesyn Silverhair

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Baveboi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

    Angry at his bleeding, at Fembry's lack of arcane mastery and the misuse of the Goddess' sacred name, Zarien takes the necessary steps to get in the line of sight of the false Mystran.]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action. I imagine it would be right in front of the door, over the Shadowguard's convulsing body.
    His hands outstretched in an arc over his head the wizard open his mouth in a deep breath, his eyes crazed and wrathful. "You will all stop the blaspheming of Her name in this unconsecrated place. I will hear none more of it!" He turns his vengeful gaze toward Fembrys. "Your lack of willpower and dedication to the Art is a disgrace to any who bears this gift. Remove yourself from my presence least I shower you in the full extent of my vengeful ire, or coil like the vermin you are where you stand and bother me no more. Begone! Wretch. Worm. Nuisance."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action. Intimidation and demoralization. It's a simple roll of intimidate skill as described in the skill here. I will let Achinca (and the dice gods) decide if it will shaken Fembry's resolve or try to turn his reaction toward me to a more favorable one, leading him to give heed to my warning.

    (1d20-2)[1]
    Of course, Zarien's tact at insulting and intimidating the false Mystran acolyte would have been way more efficient if it hadn't been for the presence of his unkempt armpit hair, growing to the semblance to something spawned from the dark union of an anemone and moss. The fact that his prominent belly kept pushing down his trousers and that they had gone lower enough to proudly show his equally terrifying pelvis bush was of no help to his desired course of action.
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-04-11 at 09:59 PM.
    Solaufein avatar by the awe inspiring Trazoi.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *This is an unsanctioned use of magical energy! All involved will be held. This disturbance is over!*
    _Cowled Wizards
    *Magic is impressive. But now Minsc leads! Swords of everyone! ~squeeek~*
    _Minsc and Boo
    Brewery and Agora: Da Rulez. Arcanist of Imaskar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •