New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Marlae, Maesyn, Aust, Zarien, Savin and Enemies

The two guards next to Marlae slide their bows on their back and pull out their sword. They look at her with distrust and she claims her lack of knowledge regarding the noise.

Maesyn, realizing that the time to act is now, releases the two guards from their fascination and approaches the door. Using his magic, he opens the doors wide, exposing the scene in the room. The guards see Fembrys stuck in a web with a petitioner while another petitioner is near a dead shadow guards.

The scene, as well as Maesyn eloquence and sense of the dramatic has an effect on the guards. They all look shocked and all they can say is “What the heck is going on? Who attacked who? What is happening?” The confusion in the voice of the guards is quite obvious.

Aust grabs his bow and quiver from the chest. This allows the shadow guard an attack of opportunity, from the side of the blade, dealing non-lethal damages.

Aust
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aust: -8HP Non-lethal – currently at 17/25

Aust takes the hit and moves by the shadow guard and inside the room.

Zarien moves by the door and tries to intimidate Fembrys. However his effort is a total failure as his appearance is for the least revolting and his words fail to impress Fembrys.

Savin continues to try to free himself as instructed by Fembrys. He is still incapable to do so.

Fembrys unleashes another loud spell, right on Zarien, hurting the wizard and trying to stun him. He yells at Zarien “This is my temple and I do what I what in it!

Zarien
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien: -7HP – Currently at 5/22
    DC15 Fortitude Save to avoid being stunned for 1 round

The wizard realizes his situation is precarious.

The shadow guard reappears from the petitioner’s quarter and goes next to Aust, ready to strike at the next round.

When the Shadow Guard reappears, the discomfort of the guards is quite obvious. They seem confused and unsure. The guards pouring for the middle temple guardroom look like they are not sure why they should be doing. “What is going on? Why are you accusing Fembrys of Blaspheming the Lady of Mysteries name? What is going on?
    Although their swords are raised they are not making sign of joining the battle, one way or another.

The door on the east wall of the Courtyard opens and Shan Thar and the man with the grey used robe appears.
    Shan Thar expression is of dark fury and he yells “Mystra knows your sins! Guards, to the attack!"

This haggard human male wearing dark, gray robes looks at the heroes with resignation on his face. “If Shan says it , I believe it.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-12 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Map added
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save DC 15
    (1d20+2)[11]
    Goddammit.

Stumbling back on his feet Zarien realizes now how unsightly it was of him to get into Fembry's line of sight without knowing truly the extent of his enemies capabilities. His head is spinning and it feels like the inside of his ears and nose are bleeding. It takes a long time for Zarien to finally recover his footing.
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-04-12 at 04:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolling initiative:

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[12]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know who you are," Maesyn says to Shan Thar. "But it's obvious you are no true Mystrans. You have deceived your own guards, who think they are in the service of the Lady of Mysteries, but your lies have now been exposed."

Maesyn moves to S14, into the room where Zarien and Aust are. He gestures for Marlae to follow him, readying an action to cast open/close on the door as soon as Marlae steps inside.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-04-12 at 06:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    "I don't know who you are," Maesyn says to Shan Thar. "But it's obvious you are no true Mystrans. You have deceived your own guards, who think they are in the service of the Lady of Mysteries, but your lies have now been exposed."

Maesyn moves to S14, into the room where Zarien and Aust are. He gestures for Marlae to follow him, readying an action to cast open/close on the door as soon as Marlae steps inside.

Maesyn Silverhair

She looks to Maesyn with uncertainty for a brief moment before moving forward 20 feet as she is bid. Seeing the shouting of the priest at the far altar, she incants a prayer to Lathander.

"Blessed is the Morninglord,
    May his glory be witnessed and seen,
    not heard through speech nor chord
    "

((OOC: Casting Silence 20' radius in the middle of the altar room in the tile next to Savin which would stop just at Zadrien's feet))
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-12 at 07:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

As confusion reigns supreme, Maesyn enters the temple (in S14) and gestures Marlae to follow him. He accused Shan Thar to be a fake Mystran and to have misled his followers.
    Shan Thar laughs and replies “Lies and more lies. The Lady of Mysteries will see through this.
    The guards look at him and asks “What do you mean, he mislead us?

Marlae follows Maesyn inside the temple (in R12) and cast a silence spell above Fembrys. As she does that, Maesyn closes the temple door behind her.

Aust moves 40 feet away from the Shadow Guard and unleashes an arrow. The arrow digs itself deep inside the Shadow Guard side.

Zarien tries to resist the sound burst but fails and is stunned for one round.

Savin continues to try to free himself as instructed by Fembrys. He is still incapable to do so.

Fembrys feels the spell attempt but shakes it. “You think you can silence me, you fool? I am a CHOSEN one!”. He looks at the stunned Zarien and his evil smile gets bigger. He pulls out a chakram and throws it at Zarien.

Spoiler
    Show
    The chakram is a throwing disk about 1 foot in diameter. with a sharpened outer rim. It is FR mundane weapon, considered exotic ranged.

The throw is clumsy and only succeed because Zarien is stunned. However, it puts the magician to the edge of unconsciousness.

Zarien
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien: -4HP – Currently at 1/22

The shadow guard realizes that Aust is too fast for him so he finds a closer target in Marlae. He goes next to her (in R11) and raises his sword to hit but somehow, is not able to do so. He cannot strike the cleric of Lathander.

The guards in the middle temple are more and more confused. They shout “Why are you calling them fake Mystrans? Why are you attacking petitioners?” They move closer to Zarien in a formation to protect Fembrys, right next to Zarien but do not attempt to strike him. (G6 in J11, G8 in I11, G7 in K13, G9 in L13).

Sounds of a heated discussion coming from the Courtyard can be heard.

Spell Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web: 4/40
    Sanctuary (on Marlae) 3/4
    Silence: 1/40

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

PLease note the map shows the south door open. It is a mistake. The south door is closed this round
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-13 at 06:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

((OOC: I didn't target Fembrys with the Silence actually, just a point in space; the square next to where Savin was standing. No saving throw allowed. He can move out of the area though. ))

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Madmage View Post
    ((OOC: I didn't target Fembrys with the Silence actually, just a point in space; the square next to where Savin was standing. No saving throw allowed. He can move out of the area though. ))
    ((OOC: Fembrys is stuck in the web. I thought you wanted to take away his ability to cast spells.

Here is the link from the SRD. According to it, a Will Save is allowed: Silence))
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    ((OOC: Fembrys is stuck in the web. I thought you wanted to take away his ability to cast spells.

Here is the link from the SRD. According to it, a Will Save is allowed: Silence))

((OOC: Right, they get a will save IF they are the target of the spell. In this case, he isn't although he is in the area of effect. The reason I targetted the area are twofold: Firstly being caught in a web makes it so he can't get out of the area, and secondly to avoid him having to make a save and negating the spell :) )

10. - Top - End - #220

The cut enrages Zarien out of his stupor. When he looks around he notices the guards closing on around him. Angered, he gives a hurried step back, drawing his dagger out of hiding inside his robes, away from the guards. Finally armed he outstretches his hands in their direction.

*Unnato'a eldaneshanthanthala*
    The arcane words weave into unbidden light of every color of the spectrum. The experience of so much visual input threatens to overwhelms the guards senses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien is angry, he gives 5 feet step back to I13 and uses a cone-shaped spell on the approaching guards, too enraged to try and reason with the poor sods.
    The spell cast is Color Spray. Hope their rolls are as good as Savin's. HAHA
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-04-13 at 12:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

She takes a few steps forward snaps her fingers to get the guards attention. (OOC: 5 foot step move to Q13) "Guardians of this temple!" she yells, slowly weaving the command words into her speech with great movements of the arms and hands to draw attention. "Heed your petitioner's words. While I admit he doesn't look credible, and ill kept, vile and rude, why would he be attacked when he is hardly armed? Sometimes it is the least among us that see the truth for they have naught to gain and much to lose. Lathander's teachings speak verily in this matter..." she continues off into a sermon hoping that they heed her words and spell (OOC: Enthrall). Occasionally, she casts a glance behind her to see if those outside penetrate within the temple.

((OOC: Note they get a +4 bonus save if they are of a race or religion unfriendly to mine. Achinca, you'd also have to rule whether the other pcs in the group are affected too. Luckily they are 4th level so they get a better awareness of their surroundings even if affected)).
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-13 at 08:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 15
    HP: 17/17
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 3/3, 3 1/1; sorc: 0 1/3

Maesyn looks around for a way to bar the door to the courtyard. If he can find one, he bars the door.

If he can't find one, he will instead cast summon monster II to summon a celestial riding dog next to the door and instruct the dog (intelligence: 3) to hold the door closed.

Maesyn Silverhair

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae steps aside and starts talking. She is actually trying to enthrall the guards. The 4 guards all fall under the influence of the cleric but the Shadow Guard resists the cleric charms.

Maesyn summons a riding dog right by one other three doors with the order to hold it. It sits there, ready anyone who goes through.

Aust unleashes another arrow. It ends in the eye of the shadow guard and kills him immediately.

Zarien, mad as hell unleashes his magic and sends a color spray which captures G6, G7 and G9. G6 resists but G7 and G9 falls down unconscious. G6 is no more under the influence of Marlae.

Savin, as instructed by Frembrys tries to free himself from the web. But the outcome is the same.

Fembrys realizes that he is in a silence zone and cannot use his magic. No one is in line of sight. So all he can do is try to free himself. But fails.

G6, no longer under the influence of Marlae moves toward Zarien who attacked him and swings his blade. But somehow, he fails to fall the wizard.

G8 says “Why are you attacking this people? They seem to really understand the Lady of Mysteries

The three doors open and the guards see the scene with guards and shadow guards and believe Shan Thar who told them the petitioners were imposters. None of them enters the temple as the celestial dog shows his teeth.

Shan Thar, anger covering his face unleashes his divine magic and a sound burst explodes, engulfing Maesyn, Marlae and Aust. He has no problem
    overcoming Marlae sanctuary.

Damages and roll request
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marlae: -7HP – Currently at 17/25
    MAesyn: -3HP – Currently at 14/17
    Aust: -8HP – Currently at 9/25

Marlae, Maesyn roll a fortitude save, DC 16 or be stunned for 1 round.

The sound burst stuns the wood elf.

The man with a old grey robe gathers energy darts in his hands. He says “Just give up and we will let you leave in one piece, right Shan Thar?

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web: 5/40
    Sanctuary (on Marlae) 4/4 - OVER
    Silence: 2/40

Zarien & Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show

Please indicate how many spells you have left the same way MAesyn does. Thank you

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG][/IMG]
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marlae steps aside and starts talking. She is actually trying to enthrall the guards. The 4 guards all fall under the influence of the cleric but the Shadow Guard resists the cleric charms.

Zarien, mad as hell unleashes his magic and sends a color spray which captures G6, G7 and G9. G6 resists but G7 and G9 falls down unconscious. G6 is no more under the influence of Marlae.
    She fights the urge to roll her eyes as she sees her spell undone by the mage's impatience before getting hit by the sonic blast.

The three doors open and the guards see the scene with guards and shadow guards and believe Shan Thar who told them the petitioners were imposters. None of them enters the temple as the celestial dog shows his teeth.

Shan Thar, anger covering his face unleashes his divine magic and a sound burst explodes, engulfing Maesyn, Marlae and Aust. He has no problem overcoming Marlae sanctuary.

Damages and roll request
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marlae: -7HP – Currently at 17/25
    MAesyn: -3HP – Currently at 14/17
    Aust: -8HP – Currently at 9/25

Marlae, Maesyn roll a fortitude save, DC 16 or be stunned for 1 round.

The sound burst stuns the wood elf.

The man with a old grey robe gathers energy darts in his hands. He says “Just give up and we will let you leave in one piece, right Shan Thar?
    (OOC: Roll for save)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[8]

(If she resists stun, the newly arrived guards, and the robed guy have to roll save vs will for the enthrall at the end of her next round as she'll continue reciting her sermon. If she is stunned, anyone still under the effect will discuss/contemplate what was said for 1d3 rounds).

15. - Top - End - #225

Zarien tries to back out but finds the wall behind him and curse himself under his breath for the folly of getting cornered. Seeing one of the guards are in some kind of enchantment, being versed in such arts, he indulges a new plan now that his head is free of the anger he felt earlier. He defensively casts a harmless cantrip, a spell made to fill someone's mind with doubt and hesitation, at the hostile guard attacking him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien casts Daze on G6 defensively, Will DC 14. If he fails he can't take hostile actions on his round.
    Roll for defensive casting, Concentration DC 10.
    (1d20+9)[15]
    "You, guard, please protect me!" The wizard's voice is pitched and desperate sounding with a barely suppressed snarl of anger. He is under the control of evil people falsely accusing to be servants of Mystra. If you help me now I can set everything right. Please! There is no time, I can't hold him back much longer!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh... Another attempt at diplomacy/bluff/intimidate, whatever boss-achinca finds appropriate. Trying to coerce the enthralled guard to hold G6 at bay, whatever that means.
    (1d20-2)[2]

aaaaand I think Zarien's halitosis didn't help his case. Nor did the fact that his pitched voice sounds undignified and rough on the edges.
    _____
    Since I'm a wizard and I prepare spells, I will post them like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    0 - Daze, Ghost Sound, Prestigitation(2);
    1st - Charm Person, Color Spray, Animate Rope, Shield;
    2nd - Web, Glitterdust, Protection From Arrows
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-04-16 at 10:20 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Fortitude save:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[11]

Maesyn Silverhair

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 11 (15 - 2 (stunned) - 2 (no Dex))
    HP: 14/17
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 3/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

The bard's treasured lap-harp clatters to the floor as he involuntarily moves his hands to his ears to protect his hearing. The blast stuns him and prevents him from defending himself.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-04-16 at 12:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae is disappointed by Zarien’s reaction but before she is too stunned to do or say anything. She stops talking and her enthrall spells ends. However, the enthralled guard is still discussing Marlae’s argument (for the next two rounds). Marlae also feels that her special protection has disappeared.

Maesyn drops his beloved harp as the awful noise from Shan Thar stuns him.

Aust too drops his bow as the noise blast is too much for him.

Zarien looks at the G6 guard and perform a daze spell on him. It succeeds. His efforts to convince the guards to switch side unfortunately are tainted by his overall quite revolting appearance.

A scenario which is starting to look familiar unfold as both Savin and Fembrys cannot break free of the web.

G6 is dazed and G8 is trying to convince G6 of the validity of Marlae’s argument.

G3 tries to move in but the riding dog is defending the door and tries to bite him. The riding dog jumps and its jaws close on the throat of the guard ripping it open. He falls down, dead in a pool of blood.

G1 slides where G3 was and with G2 and G4, they hack at the dog with their sword. However, they are too shocked by the death of their comrades to actually hit the dog.

Shan Thar looks at the 3 adventurers and decides to put a spell on Marlae. He tries to cast Doom on her.

Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doom Will save: DC 14. It fails, shaken for 3 minutes.

The man in the grey robe looks at the three adventurers and just says “Why or why of why?” He unleashes energy darts (aka magic missiles) at Maesyn and hurt him with all his might

Maesyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    -5HP of damages – currently at 9/17

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web: 6/40
    Enthrall on G8 1/2
    Silence: 3/40
    Dog: 2/4

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shan Thar looks at the 3 adventurers and decides to put a spell on Marlae. He tries to cast Doom on her.

Marlae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doom Will save: DC 14. It fails, shaken for 3 minutes.
    The Lathanderite's stereotypical bright optimism holds true as she does not let herself be shaken by the fatalistic effects of the spell.

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web: 6/40
    Enthrall on G8 1/2
    Silence: 3/40
    Dog: 2/4

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]
    (OOC: The Silence spell would be on the map from I12 to C12 inclusive. Thus, Zadrien would be in it where he's currently standing fyi.)

Her spell interrupted, she opts for another.

"Blessed is the Morninglord whose light bathes
    Blessed are those that do his will
    Blessings upon his servants; for the light saves!
    "

(bless spell centered to affect herself, the summoned Dog, Maesyn, Zadrien. Aust would be out of LOS to receive the spell)

Her prayer invoked, she retreats between the far columns (P17) to try to get out of sight of the hostile spellcasters.
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-18 at 11:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn looks on with dismay as the riding dog he'd summoned -- and that he was unable to control thanks to the sound burst -- eviscerates one of the poor guards.

He calls the dog off as he picks up his harp. "Guards: we tried from the start to avoid bloodshed -- you saw that with your own eyes. But your supposed holy men have attacked us and our friends without provocation! What does that tell you? Who is telling the truth here?"

Melalindor in hand, he retreats between a pair of pillars to try to catch his breath.

((Maesyn moves to P21 and brings the dog with him.))

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-04-18 at 05:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae profits from the fact she resisted Shan Thar spell to bless her team and team members (except Aust) and retreat deeper in the temple.

Maesyn is shocked at the guard death to the jaws of the dog so he pulls back the dog and move inside the temple near one of the eastern doors (P21 is not available unless door is opened). He tells the guards again that he is not here to fight them.

Aust, silent as usual, picks up his bow and retreats inside the temple without attacking.

Zarien realizes that may be fighting is not the best answer here so he pulls back next to his friends.

Savin finally frees himself from the Web. Fembrys is not that lucky. Savin is finally out of the web. He hears the order in his head “Go kill the invaders”. This feels strange to him (will save -2 DC 16)

All the guards notice that the group is pulling back without attacking, especially the dog who can kill in one bite.
    The same happens with the man in the gray robe. “Hey Shan Thar, may be we should listen to them. We are servants of a good God. We should be listening to them. They seem to want to parlay.

Shan Thar spits back. Kevrin, you are nothing more than a drunken low level sorcerer grasping at a chance for redemption. Same with all of you guards. Mystra has giving you a chance to redeem your worthless wicked lives. So do what I tell you to do and kill these invaders.

He enters the temple, starts speaking arcane words and turns invisible.

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web: 7/40
    Enthrall on G8 2/2 - over
    Silence: 4/40
    Dog: 3/4
    Bless (all but Aust +1 Attack and Save): 1/40

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

[IMG][/IMG]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 9/17
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 3/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

Maesyn, knowing the celestial riding dog will soon return to where it came, nonetheless gives it one last instruction: "Find the location of the creature you can smell but cannot see, and attack if you can."

He then steps toward Zarien and lays a healing hand on the wizard:

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light wounds: [roll]1d8+4[/roll]

"We will have to subdue Shan Thar if we are to have any chance of convincing the guards that we mean them no harm. Any ideas?" he asks the assembled adventurers.

Maesyn Silverhair
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2012-04-19 at 02:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Having a heck of a time with this roll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure light wounds: (1d8+4)[12]

Maesyn

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marlae grasps her holy symbol, readying a hold person spell should anyone cast a harmful spell or attempt to physically attack her.

She calls out to the enemies. "There is no need for further death tonight! We had come to retrieve our companions following their ritual."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae shows her symbol of Lathander and explains that all she wants is to retrieve her companions.

Maesyn sends the dog to look for the invisible Shan Thar. It goes to where Shan Thar disappeared (Cell P12) before turning into a cloud of smoke and returning to the celestial plane it belongs.

He approaches Zarien and heals him.

Zarien:
    Spoiler
    Show
    +12HP – Currently at 17/22 (the 5 are non lethal)

Aust stays there, his arrow knocked and ready to go but he waits for the guards reaction.

Zarien thanks Maesyn and is about to address the guards when a nasty look from the silent Aust stops him. He picks is nose and flicks the content toward the elf.

Savin, finally free starts moving toward the group as he follows his instructions to kill his teammates.

However, things are still not under control as Fembrys is finally able to free himself.

The guards are arguing about themselves, as the group as ceased hostility and Marlae is presenting herself as a cleric of Lathander. Kevrin the sorcerer talks loud to connect with Shan Thar “SHAN THAR, SHE IS A CLERIC OF LATHANDER. HE IS A GOOD GOD. WHY ARE WE FIGHTING EACH OTHER? WE ARE HERE TO HELP PROMOTE THE LADY OF MYSTERY FAITH AND GOODNESS IN GENERAL. WHY DON’T WE ALL PUT OUR WEAPONS DOWN AND DISCUSS WITH THEM? I AM SURE YOU CAN PROVE THAT THEIR ACCUSATIONS ARE WRONG AND WE CAN DECIDE WHY THEY MADE THEM. IF NEEDED, WE CAN HAVE THE PURPLE DRAGONS INVOLVED. COME ON MY FRIEND, LET’S DISCUSS. ENOUGH BLOOD HAS BEEN SHED.

Shan Thar’s answer is to appear next to Aust and put his hand on him. “Old drunken fool, they are evil. Having a holy symbol does not make one a true servant. See how they react to my touch of goodness.

Aust
    Spoiler
    Show
    -7HP – Currently at 2/25

Spell Status
    [Spoiler]Web:8/40
    Silence: 5/40
    Dog: 4/4 - over
    Bless (all but Aust +1 Attack and Save on fear): 2/40[spoiler]

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

However, things are still not under control as Fembrys is finally able to free himself.

The guards are arguing about themselves, as the group as ceased hostility and Marlae is presenting herself as a cleric of Lathander. Kevrin the sorcerer talks loud to connect with Shan Thar “SHAN THAR, SHE IS A CLERIC OF LATHANDER. HE IS A GOOD GOD. WHY ARE WE FIGHTING EACH OTHER? WE ARE HERE TO HELP PROMOTE THE LADY OF MYSTERY FAITH AND GOODNESS IN GENERAL. WHY DON’T WE ALL PUT OUR WEAPONS DOWN AND DISCUSS WITH THEM? I AM SURE YOU CAN PROVE THAT THEIR ACCUSATIONS ARE WRONG AND WE CAN DECIDE WHY THEY MADE THEM. IF NEEDED, WE CAN HAVE THE PURPLE DRAGONS INVOLVED. COME ON MY FRIEND, LET’S DISCUSS. ENOUGH BLOOD HAS BEEN SHED.

Shan Thar’s answer is to appear next to Aust and put his hand on him. “Old drunken fool, they are evil. Having a holy symbol does not make one a true servant. See how they react to my touch of goodness.

Aust
    Spoiler
    Show
    -7HP – Currently at 2/25
    Remembering that Turnaster had cast a detect evil spell on the group and not finding anyone to trigger it; for as trustworthy as he was, she furrowed her eyebrows as rounded the pillar to stand at O18.

(OOC: spellcraft roll to identify Thar's spell:)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8]

"Only the undead suffer from such a touch. And all know Lathander for the enemy of the walking dead!"

At first her hand takes a rosy hue before turning to a light green as she channels positive energy into her hand and touches Aust's shoulder. ((OOC: heal 10 hp))

"Blessed Morninglord; this man ails
    Staunch blood, knit bones
    whether they be from swords or flails.
    "
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-20 at 10:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn tries desperately to calm the situation down. "Show no aggression, friends, or it will break my charm." He moves to J19, where both Savin and Shan Thar can see and hear him.

He strums Melalindor, playing the same tune he used outside the temple, and hopes he can overcome Shan Thar's mental blocks. He also notes Savin coming through the doors with unknown intent and targets him as well, hoping that Kevrin and the guards will stay their hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fascinate (bardic music) on Shan Thar and Savin: (1d20+12)[19]

(dice don't fail me now)

Maesyn Silverhair

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae moves next to Aust and touches him. His wounds heal partially. Marlae tries to recognize the spell and it looks to her to be the opposite of Cure Light Wounds.

Aust
    Spoiler
    Show
    +10HP – Currently at 12/25

Maysin moves deeper in the temple and starts playing his special harp. However, the proximity of nearby combat prevents it to work on Shan Thar but Savin falls under the fascination.

Spoiler
    Show
    SRD entry on fascinate: bard with 3 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and able to pay attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creature. The distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard attains beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability.

Aust nods thank you at Marlae and makes a double move toward the Petitioner’s quarters.

Zarien waits to see what happens and if the clerics of Mystra will stop fighting.

Fembrys, free of the web starts moving toward the middle temple.

The guards wait, asking Shan Thar to discuss. Kevrin “[b]Shan Thar, come on we have been friend for a while. Why don’t you listen to them? What are you afraid of?”

Shan Star pulls out a wand and activates it. Suddenly, the effect of Marlae bless spell seems in danger.

Zarien, Marlae, Maesyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bane Spell –DC14 – Will Save – If fails, bless effect disappears

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web:9/40
    Silence: 6/40
    Bless (all but Aust +1 Attack and Save on fear): 3/40

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-21 at 09:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

“Go kill the invaders”.
    Savin hears the voice in his head and, for a moment, something doesn't feel quite right... just for a moment before he snaps back to reality. Yes, kill the invaders... they are attacking the church... they must be evil, because Mystra is one of the good Gods.
    As he frees himself from the magic webbing, he marches forward to tear apart the deceivers with his bare hands when he hears Maesyn begin to play. He pauses, as the song reminds him of the vast savannah of his homeland... where he could run free for days without seeing a soul unless he wanted to...

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 9/17
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 2/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

Maesyn continues playing and hopes Marlae and Zarien can hold off Shan Thar.

"Please, we're trying not to hurt anyone," he calls to the guards over the strains of his harp's melody.

Maesyn Silverhair