New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

(OOC: posting quickly as I'm stuck doing overtime for work)

Marlae scowls at Shan Thar. "You would do harm upon this man and then claim goodness and invoke a trinket to weaken us. I shall hold your tongue to put an end to your slander so that the truth can part the darkness."

((OOC cast hold person on Shan Thar then take move action to stand at M16 without drawing an AOO for moving while drawing her weapon as part of her move action).
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-23 at 10:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae, Maesyn, Aust, Zarien, Savin and Enemies

Marlae tries to stop Shan Thar in his track but the man easily shakes off the attempt. She sees that her hold person failed so she draws her weapon while staying in the same location.

Maesyn continues to play his bardic music, fascinating Savin and keep pleading with guards.

Aust goes inside the Petitioner’s Quarters and closes the door behind him.

Zarien waits for the situation to decant but does not leave it to chance. He whispers a few arcane words and an invisible, tower shield-sized mobile disk of force that hovers in front of him (cast Shield on him).

Savin finally frees follows Frembrys orders until Maesyn fascinates him. He starts to smell the savannah he grew up in as he loses himself in the memories.

Fembrys moves next o Savin (in I12) and slaps him to free him from the fascination. He yells at him DID I GIVE AN ORDER?

Shan Thar moves next to Marlae (in N17) and attacks her with his long sword while yelling “Guards, do you duties or pay the consequences ….. ” Marlae easily avoids the sword.

The guards start moving back. “This is not right man .. they want to talk … why do we fight …. They pulled the dogs … she worship Lathander … isn’t he friend with Mystra?
    (G6 in R11, G8 in P9).
    Kevrin’s face turns sad. “Shan Thar, you told me you would help me redeem myself. Why are you doing this?” The sorcerer is very distraught by the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Web:10/40
    Silence: 7/40
    Bless (all but Aust +1 Attack and Save on fear): 3/40
    Shield on Zarien: 1/40

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Map to come
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by achinca View Post
    Shan Thar moves next to Marlae (in N17) and attacks her with his long sword while yelling “Guards, do you duties or pay the consequences ….. ” Marlae easily avoids the sword.

The guards start moving back. “This is not right man .. they want to talk … why do we fight …. They pulled the dogs … she worship Lathander … isn’t he friend with Mystra?
    (G6 in R11, G8 in P9).
    Kevrin’s face turns sad. “Shan Thar, you told me you would help me redeem myself. Why are you doing this?” The sorcerer is very distraught by the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Web:10/40
    Silence: 7/40
    Bless (all but Aust +1 Attack and Save on fear): 3/40
    Shield on Zarien: 1/40

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Map to come
    ((OOC: I failed the save vs bane so I don't have the bonus for the duration of his spell and a penalty eventually if it lasts longer))

Shan Thar's blade scrapes harmlessly off her shield. Attacked, she is left with little choice but to respond in kind.

"Since when does a Mystran priest wield a longsword?" she mutters questioningly to herself. "I had hoped to solve this amically but you leave me no choice but to defend myself!"

((OOC: Attacking))

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[4]

((If it hits, damage: ))

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[3]
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-25 at 06:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Maesyn frowns as Savin is slapped out of his reverie. He thinks about trying again but sees Marlae (quite reasonably) strike back at Shan Thar and knows the distractions of combat will prevent anyone from listening to his song.

He moves back toward Marlae and Zarien, but not too far... he stays within 30 feet of Savin.

"Fight to subdue, not to kill," he reminds the others (more for the benefit of the guards than an actual admonition). He then switches to a different song... a song of freedom. He doesn't know what spell or effect has Savin in its thrall, but his Countersong might help him break free of it.

Perform check (countersong):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+14)[24]

Maesyn Silverhair

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae defends herself and true to strike Shan Thar but the Mystran easily avoids Marlae’s weapon.

Maesyn tries to countersong whatever is controlling Savin but it does not seem to change anything. The domination does not seem to be sound based.

Aust is still in the Petitioner’s Quarters.

Zarien moves between Maesyn and Marlae (in L19), unsure of what to do next.

Savin moves in front of Zarien (in L18) ready to punch him in the face on the next round.

Fembrys moves to the middle of the temple (in M12) and yells “Move away, Shan, and let me stun them.”. He throws a chakram towards Marlae. The throw is very good but Fembrys hesitating for a split second because of Shan Thar and the metallic disk bounce of Marlae’s Armor without causing anything but a dent.

Shan Thar ignores Fembrys and tries to hack Marlae with his long sword. Once again, the Lathander cleric’s armor deflects the blade.

The guards are all outside the middle temple doors and looking at the fight. They do not seem to want to take part in the fight.

Kevrin, the sorcerer seems more distraught. “Shan, come on, stop it. Hey cleric stop the fight. All they want to do is talk. For the love of Mystra, STOP IT!

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web:11/40
    Silence: 8/40
    Shield on Zarien: 2/40

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-26 at 08:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Instinctively she counterattacks Shan Thar's longsword attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[7]

((damage if hits))

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[7]

"Your wizard speaks true! We would yield to the authority of the Purple Dragons to sort this amicably."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

AC: 15
    HP: 9/17
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 2/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

Maesyn moves closer to Savin and behind the pillar, shielding him from Fembrys. He plays a tune of inspiration on his harp. "Come on, Savin," he says to the fighter, "resist the imposter's control. Do not attack your allies!"

Standard action: Inspire Courage on allies (including Savin; it will help with his saving throw if he gets one): +1 to attack, damage, and saves against charm/fear.

Move action: 5-foot-step to K18.

Free action: Speak

Maesyn Silverhair

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zarien's inner ear pops. It's an insignificant counter reaction to sonic spells, but it is enough to shake his thoughts. The surge of adrenaline subsided enough for him to assert his surroundings more clearly and the wizard didn't like it. Savin, the warrior that so amicably shared with him his food for the last days is now swinging madly in his direction. Armed with his cutting knife and protected by his spell Zarien could easily fell the warrior, specially after being healed of most his wounds by... someone. He didn't really remember who.

With peripheral sight he notices Shan Thar, that blasted liar, skirmishing with Maesyn. He would have to give the women credit to hold her ground against the priest. Nevermind that now.

Turning back to his assailant, the wizard, hand in underpants, takes one of his last backed resources; a Tanglefoot Bag. Zarien portrays a cocky smile and a somber aura that carries the weight of responsibility. "Sorry, my friend. I will bring you back to your senses in no time, I promise." His last words carry the bag of alchemical glue through the air with a swift throw of his wrists.

Spoiler
    Show
    First of all; SORRY SAVIN.

YAY! Move action, taking the bag. Standard action, throwing it. Since he isn't armed, Savin don't get AoO against me.
    (1d20+2)[17] touch attack against savin.
    If hit, here is the effects description.

By the way, boss, the healing should've healed me completely, since I had 10 points of damage and 10 points of non-lethal damage. As described here, healing works differently for non-lethal damage.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae realizes that Shan Thar is not backing down. She is in a fight for her life. She swings her weapon but fails to connect. Shan Thar mocks her “You are nothing more than a fake priest pretending to be good. By Mystra, I will her your head on a spike and will use your blonde hair as a rag.

Maesyn takes a five foot side step (in K18, next to Savin) and starts playing his beautiful harp. Marlae, Zarien and Savin feel inspired (+1 Attack, damages, save charm/fear)

Zarien decides to act and pulls out another trick from his magical underwear. This time, it is tanglefoot bag. The wizard hits the dominated warrior but it does not glue him as Savin’s reflexes are simply too good. He is however moving at half speed.

There are still no sign of Aust.

Savin raises his fist and punches Savin. His fist lands on the overweight wizard nose which turns red.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Savin: will Save DC 16 – Plus 2 modifier (punching and hitting Zarien)
    Zarien: -3HP non-lethal – currently at 19/22
    PS: You were right (I think) about the NL damages being healed

Shan Thar swings his long sword, wanting desperately to bleed Marlae. Once again, the cleric armor does its job. The anger in Shan Thar’s eyes gets more intense.

Fembrys throws another chakram at Zarien and yells “Move back Shan Thar, I am about to let them hear Mystra’s voice”. The throw is terrible and the chakram hits the wall and gets dented beyond repairs.

Kevrin and the guards see that it is now a full blown fight: Shan Thar is fighting a Lathander Cleric, a fat guy in a robe is throwing stuff at another guy in a robe who is punching him back and Fembrys looks furious. Reluctantly, Kevrin shakes his head and looks at the guards “We have to defend the temple. Shan Thar must have a good reason for refusing to talk”. The devout sorcerer enters the temple (double move land in R19). G6 and G8 follow Kevrin (G6 in T19 and G8 in T18) but G1, G2 and G4 do not move.

Spell Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Web:12/40
    Silence: 9/40
    Shield on Zarien: 3/40
    Tanglefoot 1/5

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-04-30 at 08:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marlae realizes that Shan Thar is not backing down. She is in a fight for her life. She swings her weapon but fails to connect. Shan Thar mocks her “You are nothing more than a fake priest pretending to be good. By Mystra, I will her your head on a spike and will use your blonde hair as a rag.
    An incredulous expression appears on her face. "You accuse ME of being a pretender of Good when you claim to do such things to mine body?"

She swings, hoping to connect (and roll above 10 for once).

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[12]

((damage if it hits))

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[3]
    Last edited by Madmage; 2012-04-30 at 11:36 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Savin is attacking me unarmed and I am armed with my cutting knife, I will bleed the guy a bit so he can't catch up with me when I dart for the rest of my stuff.
    (1d20+3)[5]
    (1d4)[2]

"I'm sorry big guy, but if you don't bleed a little bit- Zarien was interrupted when the blow connected to his chin and sent his head back. He quickly recovered with the resilience of a barbarian and shook his head. "You know what. Forget that part. I regret nothing!" Full of his raging and uncontrollable anger the wizard rushes his blade against Savin. His eyes lit with an eerily spiritual fire that was only half real. Over his body fell an aura of dread, threatening to grip anyone looking at him in a vicious fear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack on Savin. Since I have Dreadful Wrath feat everyone around in a 20-feet radius gets to make a will save DC 10 or get shaken for one minute.
    Now, attack on Savin:
    (1d20+3)[10]
    (1d4)[4]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since Savin is attacking me unarmed and I am armed with my cutting knife, I will bleed the guy a bit so he can't catch up with me when I dart for the rest of my stuff.
    (1d20+8)[26]
    [roll1]

"I'm sorry big guy, but if you don't bleed a little bit- Zarien was interrupted when the blow connected to his chin and sent his head back. He quickly recovered with the resilience of a barbarian and shook his head. "You know what. Forget that part. I regret nothing!" Full of his raging and uncontrollable anger the wizard rushes his blade against Savin. His eyes lit with an eerily spiritual fire that was only half real. Over his body fell an aura of dread, threatening to grip anyone looking at him in a vicious fear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack on Savin. Since I have Dreadful Wrath feat everyone around in a 20-feet radius gets to make a will save DC 10 or get shaken for one minute.
    Now, attack on Savin:
    [roll2]
    [roll3]

(Dreadful wrath roll:))
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[26]

((Also, don't forget since you are armed and he isn't, you get an AOO))

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

That sensation is still there, like the distant crash of thunder on the prarie, but far off, telling him something was... wrong, but he can't make his thought focus.

All of a sudden, Zarien is in front of him, waving his hands and saying something that he can't hear.

Go kill the invaders
    It rings in his ears again. Yes, Zarien was an invader and needed to die.
    Savin strikes out, knuckle making contact with Zarien's nose, feeling the crunch of cartildge under his skin as blood begins to flow.

He hears yell out Zarien
    "You know what. Forget that part. I regret nothing!"
    As he feels the menace wash over him.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-1)[17](16)
    I think I'm still at a -1 with everything going on.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

((Frightful Presence is a fear effect and so Savin, Maesyn, and Marlae get +1 to save.))

HP: 9/17

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: [roll]1d20+4+1[/roll]

Maesyn hears Fembrys shouting his intent to Shan Thar and he knows just what to do. He stops his inspirational song (effects continue for five rounds) and switches to the same song he'd tried earlier -- a song of nullification.

"Listen to what your so-called leader is saying," Maesyn implores the onlookers. "Shan Thar is threatening a priestess of Lathander -- threatening her with depredations more suited to a priest of Loviatar! Are those the words of a true Mystran?"

----

Standard action: Countersong (allies can use my Perform check result instead of a saving throw against language-dependent and sonic effects)

Spoiler
    Show
    Perform check: (1d20+14)[27]

Free action: Speak

Maesyn Silverhair

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

((Whoops, I screwed up those rolls. Let's try again.))

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+5)[18]
    Perform check: (1d20+12)[25]

Maesyn Silverhair

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Marlae swings again at Shan Thar but he deflects the hit. “Your lack of true faith is showing woman!

Maesyn stops singing, implore the guards to see the reality of the situation, decide to do counter Fembrys next action using his power with music.

Aust is still in the petitioner’s quarters, doing who knows what.

Zarien because very angry and extremely scary. (DC10). However all of his friends are not affected by the dreadful wrath. Shan Thar is about to spit out more insult at Marlae when he sees Zarien. The vision shakes up the cleric.

In his anger, Zarien swings at Savin but the warrior dodges the blade.

Savin raises his fist mechanically but when it comes to strike Zarien, something happens. He knows that Zarien is not the enemy. He knows that he is here for a reason different of fighting for Fembrys. He remembers entering the room, then seeing the globe and suddenly, his mind his free. He is in a middle of a fight and was forced to fight for the wrong side.

Shan Thar ignores Fembrys and swings his long sword at Marlae. However his effort is weak and pitiful.

Fembrys starts an incantation and a tremendous awful cacophony burst near the heroes. However, thanks to Maesyn countersong, no hero is stunned. The sound burst engulfs all four heroes and Shan Thar. The cleric is also stunned by the sound and drops his long sword. “Shan Thar, you stupid …. , I told you to move

Spoiler
    Show
    Maesyn -6HP - currently at 3/17
    Marlae -8HP - currently at 10/25
    Savin -1HP - currently at 38/39
    Zarien -1HP - currently at 18/22

That stops Kevrin and the guards in their tracks “ Mystrans do not attack Mystrans … Have we been lied to

Spell/Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web:13/40
    Silence: 10/40
    Shield on Zarien: 4/40
    Tanglefoot on Savin 2/5
    Bard Music effect on allies: 1/5
    Shan Thar Shaken (-2 to Attack, saves and checks): 1/10
    Shan Thar stunned -2 AC no DEX to AX actionless

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-05-01 at 12:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[18] will save against the stunninator.
    YES! Shan Thar is not going to like this.

Zarien looks inside Savin's eyes and notices his regained self-awareness. It mattered little since the wizard had a new target in mind. He pushes Savin to the side and charges Shan Thar, dagger in wait. Instead of attacking the cleric, however, Zarien grabs the helpless enemy by the throat and puts the knife against it, threatening to end Shan Thar's life once and for all. Zarien's eyes are murderous, the same aura of dread still lingering around him. Those that already gazed into his wrath have nothing to fear for the shadowy tendrils of panic don't strike twice against a guarded mind.

"Enough means enough, Fembrys! Lower your weapons or I will open the clerics throat and paint his robes in a prettier color." Zarien's weapons get closer to Shan Thar's skin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to grapple shan thar. Move action to charge towards him. I could try and deliver a killing blow now, but lets give pesky fembrys a chance to show how rotten he is.
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-05-02 at 05:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 3/17

Maesyn reluctantly drops his countersong, hoping Fembrys doesn't have another sound burst up his sleeves. But he has to stop his song in order to heal his grievous wounds.

"Please, listen to the man," Maesyn implores as he sees Zarien try a last desperate gambit. "Stand down, so we can discuss this like civilized beings, and avoid any further bloodshed. We don't want to hurt anyone. We just want to find out what's going on."

Standard action: cure light wounds on self.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+4)[8]

Maesyn Silverhair

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

With Shan Thar stunned, she invokes a prayer to the Morninglord:

"Strife poisons peace and prosperity,
    May the light defend our Deity,
    Blessed Weapon of Lathander,
    I call upon you, DAWNBRINGER!"

A heavy mace is conjured out of a brief glow of pink hued light and slams into Shan Thar before he is grappled. (spiritual weapon)

Spoiler
    Show

BAB + 2, wis + 3, +1 from bardic song
    (1d20+6)[24]

As her move action, she moves 20 feet towards Fembrys.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Savin, now out of his stupor, begins to become engraged at being used as a pawn, especially against his allies.

Seeing Marlae cast her own spell in response against Shan Thar, he moves through the thick area of the tanglefoot bag, reaching down to pick up his longsword as he yells at Fembrys

Foul deceiver! You will feel my wrath.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to go from L18 to M18 and standard action to pick up Shan Thar's longsword.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Suddenly, the situation precipitates in the middle temple.

Marlae swings her mace at the stunned Shan Thar and makes him bleed. After that, she moves away from the cleric.

Maesyn, glad to see that his countersong has prevented his friends from being stunned realizes his it time to cure himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [/b]Maesyn: +8HP – Currently at 11/17[/b]

Aust is still doing Mystra knows what in the petitioner’s quarters.

Zarien, still driven by his anger grapples the stunned Shan Thar and put his dagger on his neck, threatening to kill him.

Savin, finally free of Fembrys’ domination moves next to Shan Thar and picks up the long sword.

Shan Thar is stunned, shaken and grappled.

Fembrys yells “Guards, these infidels are mocking my faith and killing my priests. Kill them or you will face my wrath!” He moves next to the body of a shadow guard and starts an incantation. The shadow guard raise, his eyes empty of life. It is a zombie! “Make sure no one goes through this door other than me

Kevrin starts to show anger “Now this is plainly wrong! Which side are you on? Shan Thar, explains!” He seems to been boiling with rage.
    The guards pull back, obviously shocked by the development.

Near the temple entry’s gates, two stranger wander. One is a male elf, wearing a leather armor, a dagger at his belt, a bow on his back and a rapier empty scabbard. He has a long black hair and looks disheveled. The other one is a male dwarf with black hair. He is carrying an axe and a mace, and has a long bow on his back. He is wearing a chain shirt.

Spell/Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web:14/40
    Silence: 11/40
    Shield on Zarien 5/40
    Tanglefoot on Savin 3/5
    Bard Music effect on allies: 2/5
    Shan Thar Shaken (-2 to Attack, saves and checks): 2/10

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by achinca; 2012-05-02 at 05:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Suddenly, the situation precipitates in the middle temple.

Marlae swings her mace at the stunned Shan Thar and makes him bleed. After that, she moves away from the cleric.
    ((actually, the weapon is moving on its own. Marlae didn't attack as she the spiritual weapon spell but it attacks the same round it was conjured))

Fembrys yells “Guards, these infidels are mocking my faith and killing my priests. Kill them or you will face my wrath!” He moves next to the body of a shadow guard and starts an incantation. The shadow guard raise, his eyes empty of life. It is a zombie! “Make sure no one goes through this door other than me

Kevrin starts to show anger “Now this is plainly wrong! Which side are you on? Shan Thar, explains!” He seems to been boiling with rage.
    The guards pull back, obviously shocked by the development.

Near the temple entry’s gates, two stranger wander. One is a male elf, wearing a leather armor, a dagger at his belt, a bow on his back and a rapier empty scabbard. He has a long black hair and looks disheveled. The other one is a male dwarf with black hair. He is carrying an axe and a mace, and has a long bow on his back. He is wearing a chain shirt.

Spell/Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Web:14/40
    Silence: 11/40
    Shield on Zarien 5/40
    Tanglefoot on Savin 3/5
    Bard Music effect on allies: 2/5
    Shan Thar Shaken (-2 to Attack, saves and checks): 2/10

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Map Tonight
    (As a move action, Marlae redirects the Spiritual Heavy mace to attack Fembrys instead of the now grappled Shan Thar)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[26]

She reaches for her Holy symbol and holds it proudly. "You bring foul mockery by despoiling your own men's remains! I call upon the Light of the Morninglord to put this abomination to rest!"

(Turn undead. +1 for improved turning feat, +2 for over 5 ranks of knowledge (religion), +2 for charisma)

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[24]

23. - Top - End - #263

((That was the strongest turn undead I have ever seen! That poor SG zombie has been blasted with fire, acid, died, reanimated and turned into ashes, all in less than 5 minutes... GOOD LORD MAN! And Savin was complaining about his toll in life!))

Zarien, still grabbing the cleric Shan Thar by the throat points at Fembrys with his sharpened knife. "You see that? That's the treatment he gives to his loyal subjects and fellow companions. That's not the Mystran's respect for the dead and blessed spells. Those are the actions of a madmen and an evil and desperate blasphemer!" The wizard is UP HERE with Fembrys now. He was already enrage by the cleric's disheartened spellslinging. At the sight of his careless use of necromantic arts Zarien began to sizzle in outrageous fury. His face as red as it comes. In his angry necklock, the wizard starts to choke Fembrys but brings no steel to bear and the cleric in his arms will live trough the experience. For now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maintain grapple, so str test
    (1d20)[4] against his str test -2 (for shaken)
    If I succeed, he receives non-lethal damage of my grapple, if I fail Shan Thar escapes my hands.
    (1d3)[2]

aaaand it seems like Shan Thar is a free man! hooray...
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-05-02 at 05:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

The Dwarf stares toward the temple. His thoughts his own. "Be well my sister. I am bringing you home".

He then walks past the elf and toward the temple entrance. "The elf doesn't look like no mage. What is his business here?"
    He shrugs his shoulders "Not important at this moment. Meradi is."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Never toss a Dwarf... Halflings are much lighter."

25. - Top - End - #265

ElfPirate

The air was crisp early the morning the caravan slowly rolled into town, the wheels and axles onthe carts creaked, some louder than others, with a few guards having to help one of the carts with a recently fixed broken wheel. After saying a few farewells, Ryxikor takes his leave, being paid a very modest sum to help guard the merchant caravan, his expenses at his next lodging should be in hand now. Passing through the marketplace, Ryx spies a farmer with many different fruits and vegetables. After selecting a few nice looking apples, the nice looking elf pays the farmer and inquires about a tavern. After being given many tavern's names, the elf tips the wide brim to his black foppish hat and takes his leave. After making more inquirees, both in and out of the marketplace, about a local tavern to stay a few nights, Ryxikor notices one name that seems tpo be the most known, with even easier directions....the Wyvern Watch Inn.

Later that evening, the weather was nice outside, drawing a large crowd into the bar. Having already gotten a room at the inn, the elf sits at a table in the far corner of the tavern, waiting for his meal, slowly drinking out of a mug as large almond shaped eyes scan the growing crowd. As the evening continues, after Ryx has already finished his meal, he sits listening to the entertainment of the bustling bar, and having a drink and a smoke, he notices an elf that enters the establishment, one that hasn't put his senses on alert this much since he had agreed to this mission those three years ago. Remembering that day like it was yesterday, Ryxikor's mind vividly remembers the deal that was struck between himself and an elven elder from a clan in the Chondalwood. Even though Ryx was a member of an adventuring party, the elder pulled him aside for a few hours late one evening, after much discussion and deliberation, finally Ryx agreed to help. Since he was a part of a party already, this mission would have to be secondary to his comrades, although from then on when in bars and taverns, he usually asked about the location of an elf named, Aust.

Finally, his senses quickly bring his attention back to the present, and to the elf that sits not too far away. Time seems to slow a bit with his quarry may be so close at hand, then Ryx notices a few adventurers approaching a table close by, talking to a man in blue. Finally, what Ryx had been waiting for, the elf he had been watching comes to the table also. Luckily, the man in blue came into the Wyvern watch inn and sat close to Ryx, so close that the warrior elf could over hear the conversation, and the fact at the end of it, the elf on the run spoke his name, Aust. His search was over, Ryxikor smiled almost cryptically, as he wondered his next move. After hearing all of what the man in blue had to say, Ryx's interest was peaked, and decided that he would watch and track his foe to the temple of Mystra, and confront him somewhere there.

After a few days, Ryx sees his opportunity. Knowing Aust was inside, and hearing what sounds like fighting, screams and yells, what sounds to be orders given and the unmistakable ring of sword off sword and armor. Ryx, stands at the entrance, long black hair braided down his back with his wide-brimmed foppish plumed hat sitting on is head, cocked to one side. He looks down to his empty rapier sheath and scowls to himself, "I must get another soon." is all he says. He then looks at a dwarf standing nearby, looking as though he is contemplating going in. "On your way to worship Mystra sir dwarf?" Ryx asks with a smile, as he ponders his own situation, ready to enter the temple's doors.
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-05-02 at 06:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

ElfPirate

After hearing a few more yells, the elf turns to the dwarf as they stand near the temple doors, "Did you hear that?" He lookjs at the doors then back to the dwarf, wondering why this dwarf would be at a temple to the Lady, he mind raced as he remembered the other patrons of the bar that night a few nights back, with the meeting with the man in blue, trying to remember if this dwarf may have been there.

Looking back at the dwarf, "Did you hear that?" he asks again, "Sounded like someone giving orders to kill somebody!! I'm not sure, I barely heard it." He looks at the doors, then back to the dwarf again, "Should we enter and investigate?"
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-05-02 at 06:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

ElfPirate

Not waiting for an answer, the inquisiutive elf, wallks closer to the doors and suddenly realizes one of them is open. Ryxikor instinctively reaches for his rapier, which has been lost for nearly two weeks, he then reaches for his dagger on is right hip, concealing it under the folds of his cloak as he enters and walks quietly towards the sword drawn guards, taking a path that would put any pillars between him and the guards if they turn.

HP: 24

move: 15 ft to ac10
    standard: sleight of hand (hide dagger): (1d20+12)[20] (+2 wearing cloak)
    Last edited by puffmagicdragon; 2012-05-02 at 06:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

ElfPirate

Ryxikor's move silent: (1d20+8)[16]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

HP: 3/17
    Spells: bard: 0 2/3, 1 1/3, 3 0/1; sorc: 0 1/3

Maesyn finally draws his rapier, though he continues to cradle Melalindor in his left hand. He approaches Fembrys (or the zombie if Marlae didn't destroy it) and points his weapon at him. "Again, I say stand down, Fembrys. Your deception is now fully revealed by your casual raising of an undead abomination. You cannot succeed."

No action: Delay until the zombie flees or is destroyed from Marlae's turn check.

Move action: Move to M15, drawing weapon along the way.

Standard action: Intimidate check on Fembrys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[13]

Maesyn Silverhair

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOC: The intimidate check is a Demoralize Opponent check.))