New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Masters of the Nine Swords [IC]

The woman lets out a short, barking laugh. She reaches up and pulls her mask to the side enough to reveal a slightly-pointed ear that marks her as a half-elf, as well as a scar running from behind the ear down to her chin which gleams dully in the light of the setting sun. "Goblins," she spits. She calls out "O myrn kyrdol shyl" to the others, and they hold up hands and arms, lift up their cloaks, and otherwise reveal various wounds of theirs. "Goblins," the woman says, pointing to a man missing three fingers on one hand; "Goblins," referring to a nasty wound in another man's arm. "Goblins. Goblins. Goblins." With a playful tone in her voice, she points to one man with a nasty bruise on his side and says, "Not goblins. Just clumsy," and the rest of the barbarians laugh. Serious again, she concludes with a wave that encompasses the whole tribe. "All hurt from goblins."

Pausing a moment to collect her thoughts, the speaker continues: "Came goblins to the Scaled Ones' forest past many years...three hands of hands of years. Killed they the trees, the animals, the rivers. Today, send their shasos the...eadiir, the young-warriors, to fight Scaled Ones for to earn first blood. Not only Scaled Ones, also Red-Striped Sodraes, also Night Hawks, also Many-Eyes, also hands of others. Even also eirdlaendriil, the short ones with hair." She holds out her shoulders and strokes an imaginary beard; apparently there's even a community of dwarves in this unexpectedly-crowded forest. "Any goblin-friend here is not scaled-friend," she finishes decisively.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Koan raised an eyebrow as the Speaker pointed out the various wounds received at the hands of the goblins. He thinks on what he has heard of this temple, to see if there might be a way to address the half-elf's concerns.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on Martial Lore, for a result of 34...what does Koan know about the Goblin's Temple?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Koan and anyone else who can make Martial Lore DC 34
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Talon Enclave isn't entirely composed of goblinoids, but they are in the majority; hobgoblins were the inventors of Iron Heart, after all. Thus, while it isn't necessary (and is usually frowned upon in martial adept circles) for tests of rank to involve fighting non-adepts, given the unfortunate historical racial enmity between goblinoids and other humanoids it is entirely possible that the Enclave does indeed send its adepts out to test themselves against the native tribes.

This wasn't a common practice at the Talon Enclave historically, as far as you're aware...but then, the Enclave hasn't really kept in contact with more "mainstream" Temples since shortly before the construction of the Temple of the Nine Swords, so information on their practices is several decades out of date by this point.

Show

I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Koan frowned.

"We do not condone what was done to your people, or the others in the forest. However, we are outsiders and it is best we not get involved in your warfare."

Koan tried to gauge how well his words were being received, the language barrier making it difficult to convey the right concepts.

"We are not goblin friends. We are not goblin enemies. Our purpose is to unify. If we do not, our enemies may sway the goblins to their side, and we hope to prevent that. We are on a peace-mission. If our enemies are able to unify the goblins to their cause, they may do even further harm to the Scaled Ones."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Shaking off the Master of Spring's hand the hulking warforged kept his grip on the hilt of the blade. Metallice face impassive and unmoving as the half elves showed the goblin wounds.

"If the Temple of the Talon has fallen into savagery it shall be corrected. Strongly" he adds in a voice harder than granite. And to the leader of the half elves "If you wish to fight, come to the Temple. Learn how to."

Looking at the river and forest briefly he then adds "Aid us in your journey. Things will go faster then".
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Upon seeing the barbarous creatures coming out of the fauna, his first reaction was akin to 4 of 9's, his hand instantly going to the hilt of Desert Wind, they seemed adequately spaced to be introduced to some of the more advanced Desert wind techniques.

He noticed Koan, the newest member of their brotherhood and group step forward motioning to 4 of 9 to stand down. He did likewise, but kept his hand close to the hilt, it comforted him, and he could swear he felt that the sword was comforted by the act also....

He was no diplomat, or silver tongued devil, not like Master Koan, so he readily accepted his new found friends abilities and current prominent stature in the situation, leaving the talking and negotiating to him.

He winced as he saw the many scars and wounds caused by the goblins, there was going to have to be more blood shed, and this time there would be no challenge circle...

"Can you show us to the temple? We may be able to alleviate this...issue you are having."

Spoiler
    Show

Martial Lore - (1d20+22)[42]
    Sorry I have been absent, when I'm not working it's hard to sit down and do a solid post.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

The woman looks singularly unimpressed by Koan's talk of soft, civilized things like "peace" and "unification" and "not getting involved," and seems to appreciate Four's and Abd's interjections about dealing with the issue much more. When Koan mentions that things might get worse without their help, though, that seems to settle the issue. "Byr thol, byr aelisthol...aor. Tarli caer saes aelisthol si kyrdol, mai shi caer saes myr sor!" she says to the others, and then rattles off several more sentences too fast for you to even make out the sounds. A bit of a debate ensues between the woman and the first speaker, but it's over as quickly as it began and the others come forward, smiling now with weapons no longer at the ready.

"Will help we to find the temple. Am I Jhae Pai, Leaping Lizard," she introduces herself, and you can see Dorvyn suppress a snicker at her name, though fortunately Jhae either doesn't notice or doesn't understand what he's doing. Pointing to the first speaker she continues, "And is he Mar Sharolor, Slays Basilisks, a War-leader of the Scaled Ones. To follow us now." Mar takes the lead with a Scaled One to either side, three more Scaled Ones take up the rear, and Jhae walks in the middle with you; flashed hand signals send the rest of the savages melting away into the undergrowth to return to whatever it was they were doing before they encountered you.

The Scaled Ones are obviously very familiar with the territory; the trees and undergrowth seem to bend away from them, so fluidly do they move through the forest. Jhae makes some minor chitchat as you go, practicing her Common, so you learn the names of the other warriors with you, observe some of the flowers currently in season, get to see the ironwood trees that give the forest its name, and more over the next two hours or so. It is dark by the time Mar motions for a halt, though with the natives' help you've covered the distance in a quarter of the time it would otherwise have taken you, perhaps faster. Ahead of you looms a fortress built completely of steel-gray ironwood, with twelve-foot-tall spiked walls around it and battlements atop its towers. It isn't all that massive--it looks to be about a hundred eighty yards across by a hundred twenty yards wide, the size of a large outpost more than a garrison--but it is certainly defensible.

Though there are no guards visible, goblinoid or otherwise, there's no need to ask your guides if this is the place as the emblem of the Talon Enclave (a hawk's golden taloned foot grasping three silver crescent moons) is prominently displayed on the gates, the towers, and several other places. Firelight shines from behind the wall and shadows flicker in it. Rhythmic shouts rise from at least a dozen throats to punctuate the shadows' movements, implying that a training session is currently going on in the courtyard. Jhae turns to Four and gives him a predatory grin. "Now, go you into there and 'correct' you these kyrdol."
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2012-12-19 at 09:17 PM.

Show

<Snip>

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Abd Follows and attempts to talk to Jhae as much as possible, in hopes of building up a good rapport with her.

He is surprised at the speed at which they reach there target, but then thinks back to how they managed to move through the forest, this was their home, it was to be expected.

Bowing to Jhae he smiled "Thank you for leading us here, we shall do what we can to solve your problem."

He turns to 4 of 9 "How do you want to handle this? Go up and introduce ourselves? I think we should at least attempt to parlay with them, even if we are going to end up beating them into submission..." he says, ending with a smile...
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Koan snorted. "Well we didn't trek all this way to sit here standing outside the walls!"

The Mountain Glacier marched forward towards the great gates and used his stone-hardered fists to beat a knock upon their door. Once. Twice. Thrice.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

4 looks at the fortress. Small yet foreboding he mutters to his fellow masters as he stands waiting the response to the Stone Dragon's heavy knocks.

His vanguard treads coated with mud and forest slime from the heavy tracks he had left as he stomped through the thick undergrowth. "They had best answer swiftly lest they lose the gate. I have little patience today."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Koan gave the metal man a wry smile. "Today? And here I thought impatience was your default disposition. Come now Four. You may have been made for battle, but not every problem can be solved at sword-point. Believe me, I had to learn that the hard way."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Abd smiles at Fours comment, he too was getting tired of all of this. But he knew this was only the beginning, he wished that somehow they had a master of the Tiger claw with them, so that like his own desert wind trial, things could go smoother.

But his patience was worn thin, who mans a bastion and does not act when foreigners show up at your door? The basics of battle stratagem consider a unobserved obstacle not an obstacle at all, but a mere impedance, obstacles are designed, and required, to be observed for full implementation.

He could almost hear Grandmaster Tsikul's voice in his head. Shaking it he looked to Koan...he was fitting in already, a bit pushy, but solid enough..."Well, what are we going to do? wait around all day? Shall I fly over these walls and see what they're waiting for?"

He looks to the walls and shrugs his shoulders, touching the walls "I think I could jump this thing."

Spoiler
    Show

If the walls are slanted at an angle Rising phoenix will allow him to glide up the side, but if it is not then he can use it to get to 10 and then jump the rest of the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Belcor hadn't spoke much thus far. While he didn't lack all talent with words, it was far from an area he had great skill in. And so he had let the others do the talking. But now, they found themselves before this new temple and they had to decide how to go about gaining entry.

"As much as I'd like to agree with breaking down their barriers, that would do little to help our mission. We must come peacefully and then let our talent speak for itself. The practices of foreign temples may seem out of place to us, but we are the outsiders here. We need to tread carefully if we wish to find allies among these people. "
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

The sounds of training within the Enclave cease at Koan's knocking. The silence stretches a bit as you banter, but soon enough you can hear a clomping sound atop the wall, as of metal-covered boots striking stone. Three figures march out of one of the towers, two of them lightly-armored hobgoblins wielding tower shields and large axes, the third a tall bugbear with a flail hanging from each hip. The hobgoblins take up positions next to the bugbear as the group reaches the center of the wall, positioning their shields atop the spiked edge of the wall so that both are well-covered and they can move to shield the bugbear at the first sign of attack. "Hail, travelers," calls the bugbear in a deep growling rumble. "Identify yourselves and state your business with the Talon Enclave."

Jhae and the others melted back into the undergrowth as soon as Koan moved to the gates, and now are nowhere to be seen, but a few very quiet words in the natives' language reach your ear as the goblinoids appear on the ramparts, sounding very much like angry curses. "You in. We go. Return we when leave you," Jhae whispers, and with a slight rustling of leaves the Scaled Ones are gone.

Show

<Snip>

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

The warforged looks up disdainfully at the goblins. "We are the Masters of the Temple of the Nine Swords. We would speak with what passes for a master. We bring tiger claw as proof of our words and our skill."

Drawing the blade of the Iron Heart he gestures to the adept and the kukri hanging at his side that he hopes they will recognise. The Tiger is not his favoured disciipline - the betrayal of 8 of 9 and his slaying of 1 of 9 still a deep mark of rage within 4.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

The bugbear looks thoughtful at the claim that you are all Masters, but appears unmoved by the mention of the Temple of the Nine Swords. "Even remote as we are, the Talon Enclave knows of the fall of the Temple, and good riddance. To have been a Master there holds no weight with us, and bearing Tiger Fang is no proof of skill when for all we know you could have dug it out of the Temple wreckage. So tell us: if you are indeed Masters, what Temples do you serve now, and what business have you with the Talon Enclave?"
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2012-12-16 at 08:35 PM.

Show

<Snip>

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

"When the Temple fell, it's unity was sundered. We survived and have rebuilt a new Temple of the Four Seasons. I am Koan, the Mountain Glacier, Master of Spring. From the winter thaw does new life emerge. We would parlay with our brothers of the Talon, and reunite the Nine Swords once more."

Koan gestured at the kukri hanging from Four of Nine's belt.

"As for Tiger Fang...we did not find it. We took it, from the unworthy wielder of the usurper Temple. We have come in search of a worthy successor...if indeed one should be among you. That, however, remains to be seen."
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-12-16 at 08:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Abd looks to Koan, "we are not going to get anywhere with words, the tiger claw emphasizes ferocity and bloodshed, we all know this, we need to challenge them, then and only then will they respect us enough to listen."

He looks back at the other two masters "How other way do we prove we who we say we are? especially to these people? We could have just as easily stolen the weapons we wield, there is no other way."

He shifts his feet suddenly and floats off the ground on a column of super heated air, for some reason he always felt more comfortable while in the Rising Phoenix stance, and hopefully the barbarians inside the fortress would see it and realize what it meant.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Four of Nine heeds Abds words and stares coldly up at the goblinouds. You are blessed that we would seek you out. The tiger is the lowest form. Fit only for children who jump and women who scratch.

He looks at his fellow masters. Come we should leave. There are no warriors worthy of our temple here. Let us leave them to rot and fester cowering in the trees.

Spoiler
    Show
    well here is hope that a challenge will be forthcoming now...
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-12-17 at 03:24 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"Empty words," the bugbear spits at Koan. "Sundered unity, brethren, fah! It is that union of disparate disciplines that caused the Temple's downfall; reliance on another's skill caused the weakness the Shadow Tiger horde exploited." Glancing at Abd, he sneers. "Desert Wind. Of course. Go back to your oasis, fire-walker, your style has no place in the jungle." The bugbear looks down at Dorvyn, who is currently fidgeting uncomfortably thanks to the bugbear's unexpected hostility, and doesn't even dignify him with an insult.

"The others, though..." the bugbear muses aloud. "You, at least, are not preaching or showing off, and have a focus about you that I can respect," he says to Belcor, then favors Four with a toothy grin, "and you, golem, have a spine! Deliberate emotion, coldness, economy of motion, much better than the silly spinning of Desert Wind or flowery metaphor of...Spring Glacier, or whatever your orator practices. What is your name, golem, and what discipline is yours?"

Show

<Snip>

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Abd is surprised at the outburst, but not disappointed, this was movement, and in the right direction. But he could not let that slight go...

"This fire walker would burn your face off and piss on your remains to put it out, you speak mighty words behind large walls, anqu..." he speaks the last word with disgust.

Spoiler
    Show

Draconic for goblin.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-12-17 at 04:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

The "golem" looks up at the hobgoblins and the bugbear. "I am what I appear to be green blood. Iron. We shall unite you with our own or we shall destroy you and grind your bodies into ash beneath our armoured tread."

Stepping away from the gateway he plants his sword tip first in the ground resting armoured hands atop the pommel. "1 hour or one year greenblood. I will remain here until you step out to face me."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

"Ha! A spine on the sand-dancer and a challenge from the golem!" The bugbear grins wider, obviously enjoying the exchange. "We shall see who ends up ground into dust. Step in to face me, golem; less chance of interference from the wildlife then." Before anyone can respond, the bugbear crouches down and springs backwards, somersaulting once in the air before he sails out of view and falls the dozen feet from the walls to the ground, landing inside the walls with an audible thump. The hobgoblin shield-bearers take the more sedate route down, walking back to the towers on either side of the gate and walking down the stairs within.

The gate grinds open with the loud creaking of infrequently-used gears. The bugbear stands in the training area behind the gate as it opens, still grinning and with a hand on each flail. To his left stands a humorless-looking bugbear with a large axe slung across his back. Both bear the silver-and-gold Talon Enclave emblem on the left side of their breastplate and wear good-quality brown leathers beneath, but the grinning bugbear's armbands, collar, and belt are trimmed in gold while the same parts of the serious bugbear's outfit are trimmed in silver. Whatever adepts were training in this area before have cleared out, and the perimeter of the area is surrounded with almost fifty goblinoids of all sorts, arranged in two rings, the closer ring holding tower shields and one-handed weapons in a guard position, the farther ring holding heavy crossbows trained on the entranceway.

"Pardon my colleague's rudeness and over-enthusiasm," the serious bugbear says, "unless you are actually interested in a duel, then feel free to engage him. And pardon the cautious reception," he adds, gesturing to the ranks of goblinoids behind him, "but here in the forest we have few allies and many enemies, and which of the two you are remains to be seen. I am Dagor Thaan and this is Khach Tuugal, and we are two of the Masters of this place. Now that Khach has established that you are warriors deserving of respect and not merely spineless cowards lost in the forest, be welcome in the Talon Enclave."

Dagor barks an order in Goblin and the adepts in the outer ring lower their crossbows but do not relax their guard. Khach, meanwhile, takes up the thread of the conversation: "And aside from some prattling about unity and successors, you didn't explain anything more about Tiger Fang or what disciplines this Temple of the Four Seasons of yours teaches...or why we would want anything to do with your Temple at all."

Show

<Snip>

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Koan too it in stride when his moderate words were disregarded. He too had once been so brash, and eager to fight. These days however he felt little need to prove himself. Better that he remain quiet, let them think him weak or empty. Such underestimation could only be to his advantage should they wish to break themselves upon the Stone Dragon.

Let Four of Nine expound upon the virtues of the Temple.
    Last edited by TekHed; 2012-12-19 at 05:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Stretching slightly and sliding into the stance of absolute steel 4 of 9 advances slightly, Kamate held lightly in his hand he strides some 10ft forward drawing a light line in the dust in front of him

"I would spit upon your grave greenskin was I able. Begin."

Spoiler
    Show

Enter Robilar's absolute steel stance
    Initiative if needed and he accepts (1d20+14)[20]
    Last edited by DrK; 2012-12-19 at 05:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Dagor steps out of the way as Four approaches, raising an eyebrow as he identifies the stance the warforged is in. "A fellow practitioner of the Iron Heart. You didn't mention that."
    "He didn't say he was."
    "Come now, after all the time spent sparring against my students, surely you could identify that."
    "Perhaps."
    "Then this duel of yours should follow Iron Heart rules."
    "Of course not! A Tiger Claw adept--"
    "--was not the one to initiate this duel."
    "Still, the--"
    "Our rules do not cease to apply--"
    "Rules! Always with the rules!"
    "--do not cease to apply simply because an outsider is involved."
    "Fine. Fine! Iron Heart rules it is. But I reserve the right to--"
    "Yes, yes, very well. Now, I suggest you prepare yourself. He looks serious about this."

From the Masters' bickering and Khach's earlier disdain for uniting the disciplines, it would seem that the Talon Enclave is more like a group of loosely-connected rival factions than one unified temple. Dagor withdraws to the line of encircling goblinoids, and as Khach draws both his flails and twirls them in expectation, the Iron Heart master explains "Iron Heart Rules": "Our Iron Heart dueling code is simple, outsider, and likely somewhat familiar if the Temple of the Nine Swords had a competent Iron Heart master. The two of you will start three paces apart; you must strike only to disable, not to kill; you lose if you are disarmed or knocked to the ground and remain that way for more than fifteen seconds; wrestling and other such uncivilized tactics" this said with a significant glance at Khach "are not allowed and will lose you the match. Understood?"

"Yes," Khach says, annoyed. "Good. The rest of you, form a line to close the ring around them. They don't have to stay in the ring, of course, but a good view helps with the judging. And why is the gate still open, exactly?" The Tiger Claw Master drops into the Leaping Dragon stance as several hogoblins rush to close the gate behind you all and the Iron Heart Master directs Four to stand in the appropriate place. "Ready? Good. Begin!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative for Khach: (1d20+11)[24]

In case it wasn't clear, Four and Khach start 15 feet apart, nonlethal damage only (don't forget the -4 attack penalty for that), and you lose if you're disarmed or knocked prone for more than two consecutive rounds or if you use grappling, unarmed strikes, natural attacks, or bull rushes.

I'll have a map up in an hour or so when I get back to my own computer.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2012-12-19 at 07:37 PM.

Show

<Snip>

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

The hulking warforged sneers slightly at the concept of "rules" but nods curtly. Eyes fixed his opponent and the twirling flails. Holding Kamate loosely in one hand he waited to begin...

Spoiler
    Show

In Robilar's Gambit + Absolute steel stance
    With Dodge and Elusive target active
    AC 37 against him (but he gets +4 to hit and damage me)

Sadly he won in the initiative. But Duel of Wills anyway
    (1d20+19)[27] whoever loses gets -1 on their attack roll for the first round. The change in initiative won't affect things.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Khach returns Four's sneer, flails still whirling. As soon as Dagor finishes the last syllable of Begin the Tiger Claw master bounds forward into a lunge and whips both flails downward, aiming for Four's treads. His left flail almost connects, but Four manages to deflect it in time, fortunately. "Watch your aim! Nothing lethal, remember," Dagor calls at the narrow miss. "He'd have been fine," Khach growls.

His failed attack done, the bugbear doesn't merely straighten up from his lunge; he moves fluidly from his crouch into an incredible standing jump at least ten feet into the air, and Four's return strike scores a glancing hit on the Tiger Claw Master's leg as he leaps away. Two twirling backflips later, the bugbear lands fifteen feet away, standing right where he began. He winces upon landing at the pain in his leg, but quickly covers it with bravado. "Your move, golem!" he laughs, spreading his flails in invitation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Duel of Wills for Khach: (1d20+18)[28]; if it beats Four, add +1 attack and damage to the following rolls, else subtract -1 attack and damage.

Flail: (1d20+28)[36]; Damage: (1d10+11)[14] nonlethal and 1 Con damage; Crit Confirm if necessary: (1d20+28)[38]
    If the attack hits, Four needs to roll two saves:
    --Fort (1d20+15)[33] vs. DC 21 or be stunned for 1 round (success negates)
    --Fort (1d20+15)[22] vs. DC 25 or take a -10 foot penalty to speed and (1d8)[1] Dex damage (success halves the damage and penalty)

EDIT: Four takes 15 nonlethal, 1 Con, and 1 Dex, and suffers -10 speed for 1 minute.

EDIT AGAIN: Negated thanks to Scorpion Parry.

Thanks to the bugbear's very lucky success in the Duel of Wills, for the rest of the encounter Khach has +1 attack/damage vs. Four and Four has -1 attack/damage vs. Khach.

Khach initiated Hamstring Attack and Sudden Leap

Robilar's Gambit counterattack: (1d20+27)[33]; Damage: (1d10+18)[23] nonlethal
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2012-12-23 at 01:28 AM.

Show

<Snip>

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Map--Round 1

Show

<Snip>

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Four throws up Kamate in a mighty block as the flail wraps around the balde almost yanking it of his grip but it enough to deflect the massive blow aimed at his legs. The return strike lashing out with lightning speed at the bugbear's legs as they flit away.

Spoiler
    Show

Scorpion parry for 40 Vs attack roll of 37
    Counterattack with battle mastery becomes a roll of 38 to hit and one handed the sword does 2 more damage (total of 25 nonlethal)

Even as the smug greenskin lands Four glides forward like a striking cobra. His heavy tread churning up the courtyard as he leaps up spinning around in a viscious arc of destruction as he unleashed the hurricane of adamantine on the greenskin, landing perfectly poised, sword ready to deflect a counter attack...

Spoiler
    Show

Move most direct route and unleash adamantine hurricane.
    Still in Robilars Steel Stance (AC39 Vs Bugbear)
    Attack (1d20+31)[44] damage (1d10+20)[24] nonlethal
    Attack (1d20+31)[41] damage (1d10+20)[24] nonlethal

(crit confirm if needed (1d20+36)[52] damage add (1d10+20)[26])

And any Robilar's counter attacks as necessary
    (1d20+36)[49] damage add (1d10+20)[27] nonlethal
    (1d20+36)[44] damage add (1d10+20)[29]) nonlethal
    (1d20+36)[47] damage add (1d10+20)[26]) nonlethal
    (1d20+36)[52] damage add (1d10+20)[26]) nonlethal

And Wall of Blades against the first hit he lands (1d20+31)[50] on his turn as my immediate action

Last edited by DrK; 2012-12-20 at 12:18 PM.