New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Commoner Handbook

Interesting note for Adepts (I know they are not commoners)
    They are divine casters and can take the feat Circle Magic if they worship Galaedros

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalk
    Circle Magic [General]
    You know how to use your connection to Galaedros the Wood God to channel magical power to another spellcaster of your faith.
    Prerequisite: Divine spellcaster with Galaedros as a patron deity.
    Benefit: You may participate in circle magic. You gain a +2 bonus on Wilderness Lore checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwalk
    Circle Powers
    The first use of circle magic is to empower the circle leader with the strength of all the participants. This requires 1 full hour of uninterrupted concentration on the part of all participants and the circle leader, during which time they attune themselves to each other through the conduit of the earth under their feet. Each participant casts any single prepared spell, which is consumed by the circle and has no effect other than expending the prepared spell. The spell levels expended by the circle participants are totaled as circle
    bonus levels. Each bonus level may be used to accomplish the following effects.
    1. Increase the circle leader’s caster level by one for every bonus level expended (maximum caster level 20th).
    2. Add Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, or Heighten Spell metamagic feats to spells currently prepared by the circle leader.

Each bonus level counts as one additional spell level required by the application of a metamagic feat to a spell. The circle leader may add the feats listed to a spell even if he does not know the feat, or if the addition of the feat would raise the spell level past the highest level of spell the circle leader can normally cast (maximum spell level 10th). These effects last for 24 hours or until expended. Circle bonus levels may be divided up as the circle leader sees fit.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I haven't been following the whole thread, but how viable would one of these commoners be in a low op campaign? The commoner would be high-op, obviously.

3. - Top - End - #153

Wasn't there some Survivor PrC that Commoners qualify for earlier than any other class? I think one of the prerequisites was a higher BAB than any of your saves.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Random NPC View Post
    Wasn't there some Survivor PrC that Commoners qualify for earlier than any other class? I think one of the prerequisites was a higher BAB than any of your saves.
    Yeah, it's in Savage Species, irrc.
    Thanks to Pesimismrocks for my awesome avatar, and Gaiyamato for the game that inspired it!
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kymme

Nicest thing said of me:
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Able' Xanthis View Post
    This is what a properly motivated caster is like, people. Concussive explosions able to rip the front end of a hummer in twain and Chilling is using them to filter out those who don't make the cut. Those unworthy of his true magistic might.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Random NPC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Yeah, it's in Savage Species, irrc.
    It is in Savage Species and your base saves had to be lower than your level. Considering Commoners have no good saves, they can go in at level 2, provided they met the other prereqs, which I don't believe any were that stringent.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #156

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by koboldish View Post
    I haven't been following the whole thread, but how viable would one of these commoners be in a low op campaign? The commoner would be high-op, obviously.
    Ideally without the aid of a community of similarly-optimized character he'd still lag behind but he could provide his own benefits. If the commoner can find their own niche to specialize in they'll do pretty well.

But ultimately no commoner is really going to out shine a rogue, fighter, wizard or cleric. They simply don't have the raw advantages of those classes.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

New guy here.
    Wonderful guide, can't wait to see ones for the other npc's.
    Also on the psionics power list might I suggest adding Call Item to the list.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

I like Fauchard, Dragon Magazine #331, as a simple weapon. It's a reach, slashing Longspear. Though normal Longspear can be set vs charge...
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2013-02-22 at 03:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Great thread here...

Quick question, is there a skill/feat template or something? Something where I can just select options like race and ability scores, different feats or skills and have it total everything up for you?

Or do you have to do it manually?

10. - Top - End - #160

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    Great thread here...

Quick question, is there a skill/feat template or something? Something where I can just select options like race and ability scores, different feats or skills and have it total everything up for you?

Or do you have to do it manually?
    Sadly you'll have to do it manually.

But there aren't a lot of options regarding commoner composition regarding there class chassis.

* Select race & add their racial bonuses/penalties to your stat array
    * Figure out which feats and skills you want (this is a dual process because they'll flow together)
    * Pick your one simple weapon proficiency
    * Buy your starting equipment.