New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Heroes of the Feywild [IC]

Tabita stabs at the eladrin next to her, but her aim is poor and the woman dodges.

The eladrin attempt to attack the party, but their swings go wide and they fail.

Salera fares rather better, striking first one blow and another at Rumble with a triumphant shout that rallies the elven archer, though the archer's attack, confused by Tajal's magic, goes wide. One of the eladrin is inspired to make an attack of his own, however, and he manages to knock the Genasi to the ground, though she quickly recovers and slams her pick into him, ending his life. Salera hisses in rage.

"You'll pay for that!"

Map:

Tabita - M12
    Dredge - I10
    Sparrowhawk - M24
    Tajal - L23
    Baruk - K21 10 damage
    Rumble - J10 37 damage, prone

Enemies:

Salera - J9 - 59 damage
    Eladrin - J11, L21, O9
    Elf - H7 - 35 damage, -4 to attacks, roll twice take worst
    Bouncer - K20 - 76 damage, dazed, -2 to attacks

Dice rolls:

Spoiler
    Show

Tabita vs Eladrin 2:
    (1d20+12)[18]

Eladrin 1: (1d20+13)[17] vs Baruk's AC, on hit 7 damage and prone

Eladrin 2 possible attack: (1d20+11)[14]

Eladrin 3: (1d20+13)[22] vs Rumble's AC, on hit 7 damage and prone

Salera vs Rumble: (1d20+18)[26] vs AC, (2d8+7)[13] and she and the archer regain 15 HP

Elf: (1d20+12)[17] (1d20+12)[17] vs Dredge's AC, on hit (2d8+8)[22]

Bouncer: (1d20+11)[28] vs Baruk, on hit (2d12+3)[10] and he regains 10 HP

Salera vs Rumble AP: (1d20+18)[28] vs AC, (2d8+7)[17]
    Eladrin 3 vs Rumble, see OOC: 28 vs AC, 7 damage and knocked prone
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-03-10 at 08:08 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Map before Rumble:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rumble, Earthsoul Genasi Berserker

Rumble laughs a deep, bellowing laugh as sand gushes out of her gaping wounds. "What purpose do you think knocking a Mountain to the ground has? The ground is, as always, where mountains rise from. Except for floating mountains, but even I think those are weird."

With a glance towards Tabita, Rumble's wounds begin to close, and the flow of sand is briefly reversed. Spinning with her vortex of sand, Rumble stands and swings her Pick in a full arc, before charging the elf with the bow.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Activate Skald Aura healing - Surge + (2d6)[7]
    Move: Stand Up
    Standard: Sweeping Cut - CB1 friendly
    vs Salera (1d20+14)[19] vs AC
    vs E3 (1d20+14)[27]
    Hit: (2d12+8)[16] damage and knocked prone.
    Miss: Half Damage.
    Action Point:
    Standard Action: Charge Elf Archer (to I8; does not provoke)
    (1d20+15)[16] vs AC
    Hit: (1d12+8)[13] damage.

Rumble is at 42/62 HP and angry that her rolls were so ****ty. But she killed a minion!

Map after Rumble:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sol; 2012-03-09 at 12:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Dredge

Seeing one of the minor eladrin fall, Dredge extends one arm and his staff seems to collect some energy from the death.

"Remember to take the eladrin woman alive!" Dredge yells, even as his entire body shimmers with a bright yellow sheen. He then seems to dissolve into a shower of sparks, which travel through Salera (discharging some sickly-looking grey-green energy as they do), then around Rumble to the Archer, before settling some distance away.

Spoiler
    Show

Free action: Dark Reaping, when E3 falls. (1d8+4)[11] extra necrotic damage to assign to a target that I hit before my EONT.

Standard: Spark Form. Shift through Salera and Elf Archer's squares, then settle in K4.
    Attack vs Salera: (1d20+10)[20] vs Reflex.
    Attack vs Elf Archer: (1d20+10)[11] vs Reflex.
    Damage: (1d6+14)[19] lightning damage.

IF I hit Salera, I'll assign my extra 11 damage from Dark Reaping to her; otherwise I'll save it for next turn obviously. I think I might have, so I'll edit my descriptive text...

Also, Chaos Burst once again grants me +1 AC until my EONT.

Dredge remains on 29/54 HP.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 2012-03-09 at 01:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    See, I have had enough of that axe of yours. Allow me to relieve you of it, growls Baruk, bringing his broadsword around to slash the bouncer, trying to knock him out. He then takes up a defensive stance in the doorway, keeping his blue and red aura focused on his foes but hopefully preventing them from further flanking him.

Standard Action: Valiant Strike @ Bouncer
    Move Action: Shift 1 square south, into the doorway (assuming I am reading the map correctly).

Spoiler
    Show
    Valiant Strike: (1d20+16)[24] vs. AC (+2 valiant, +2 CA, 12 base)
    Hit: (1d10+6)[9] damage.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #95

Tajal

The Warlock moves, generating his mirror images as he does so. During this walk, he discharges a burst of magic at the distant elf archer, and curses the nearby eladrin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Walk to M-13.
    Standard: Eldritch Blast at elf archer.
    Attack: (1d20+11)[15] vs Reflex.
    Damage: (1d10+12)[22] damage.

Minor: Curse O-9 enemy.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Tabita, Shadar-Kia Skald

Tabita fires a shot at the bouncer, aiming for his eye socket.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[23] vs AC.
    Hit: (1d8+7)[8] damage.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sparrowhawk, seeing his allies dealing with the bouncer, creates more illusory foes attacking the Eladrin near him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Illusory Ambush on Eladrin 1.
    (1d20+9)[11] VS Will
    Hit: (1d6+6)[10] damage, and Eladrin 1 takes -2 to attacks and grants CA to me until EONT.
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Rumble successfully buries her pick in one of the Eladrin, ending his life in a quick, sudden gesture that brings a hiss of rage to Salera's throat, as Baruk slams his weapon into the bouncer while Tabita's arrow successfully sinks into the half-orc's eye. The others don't fare as well.

The surving eladrin spring into action, one coming up to hack at Tajal(7 damage) and the other continuing to futilely attack Baruk.

"Thrunk! Leave him be and get out of here! Fool!" Salera hisses as she sinks her blade into Rumble's side once and then a second time, shoving the Genasi away(25 damage, slid to G9). "It's been lovely, darling, but I'm getting tired of this." With that she turns and heads for the door, skirting Rumble as she does so. "Eria! Come!" The elf nods and also darts for the door, avoiding Rumble as well as she fires a shot at him that goes wide.

Thrunk, lost in his bloodlust, ignores Salera's warning and continues to attack Baruk, though his rage makes his swings go wide.

Tabita - M12
    Dredge - K4
    Sparrowhawk - M24
    Tajal - L12 (M13 is in the middle of a table.) - 7 damage
    Baruk - K22
    Rumble - G9 - 25 damage

Enemies:

Salera - M3 - 66 damage
    Eladrin - L21, M11
    Elf - K1 - 35 damage
    Bouncer - K20 - 93 damage

Spoiler
    Show

Eladrin 1 vs Baruk: (1d20+11)[20], 7 damage
    Eladrin 2 vs Tajal: (1d20+11)[31], 7 damage
    Salera vs Rumble: (1d20+20)[28], (1d8+6)[12]; and (1d20+20)[39], (1d8+6)[13] and slid to G9
    Elf vs Dredge: (1d20+16)[19], (2d8+6)[11]
    Bouncer vs Baruk: (1d20+9)[23], (1d12+8)[10]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2012-03-13 at 09:05 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    That arrow in your eye isn't going to do wonders for your brain, brother. Perhaps you should lie down, mutters Baruk, smacking the bouncer over the head with the flat of his broadsword.

Standard Action: Valiant Strike @ Bouncer, non-lethal

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+14)[26] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d10+6)[12] damage.

Remainder of turn depends on this.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

10. - Top - End - #100

As Salera's blade slices into Rumble's side, she lets out a howl of rage and counterattacks, slicing into Salera as she winds up for her second swing.

As her pick connects, Rumble opens her mouth wide, as if in a howl of rage, but it becomes clear that she's inhaling rather than exhaling. The vortex of sand stops swirling and is sucked into Rumble's gaping maw. Salera's blade sinks into Rumble's flesh a second time with a sickening thunk, but as Rumble staggers back, the hole is immediately filled in with fresh sand.

"Leaving so soon?," she calls out to her new friend, "But we were getting along so well! Oh goodness, it appears you forgot your hug goodbye! Let me bring it to you."

Rumble chases Salera and Eria around the table, grinning at Tabita as she runs. The sand filling Rumble's wounds glosses over and smooths into rock, leaving her looking good as new, and she charges full speed at Salera.

Spoiler
    Show

There's a lot going on this turn. I'll do my best to explain the order of things.

First off, I am assuming Tabita used Bolstering Speech before her RBA to give me 4 THP, because there's no reason she shouldn't have. I can reverse this assumption if you want me to.

Secondly, I am using Curtain of Steel as an Immediate Reaction to Salera's first attack. Hit or Miss, this triggers my Berserker's Fury, which ends my Defender Aura, reduces my AC by 2, adds 1d8 damage to my at-wills and basic attacks, and gives me 15 THP, all before Salera's second swing.

So Rumble is starting her turn at 34/62 with 2 THP.

Immediate Reaction: Curtain of Steel vs Salera
    (1d20+14)[33] vs AC, (3d12+8)[21] Damage.
    Move Action: Move to M8
    Minor Action: Activate Skald Aura for Surge+(2d6)[7] healing
    Standard Action: Charge Salera ending in M4
    (1d20+13)[14] vs AC, [roll]1d12+1d8+8[/roll] Damage.

This leaves Rumble at 56/62 HP with 2 THP.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Dredge

"You won't get away that easy," Dredge growls, repositioning himself behind Rumble. He then hangs his head in concentration and stretches out his arms - one towards Salera, and one towards the archer in the doorway.

Straining with effort, small sparks run up his arms. Finally, he seems to grasp the air and yank back towards himself. "COME BACK!" he yells, as he releases the pent up magnetic energy and forces his enemies back into the room.

The residual energy from the attack continues to hover in the air around the sorcerer, electrifying it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: to M6.
    Standard: Shocking Magnetism (Daily) vs Salera and Elf Archer.
    Attack vs Salera: (1d20+10)[14] vs Reflex - EDIT: *sigh*
    Attack vs Elf Archer: (1d20+10)[21] vs Reflex
    Damage: (3d6+14)[22] Lightning (non-lethal)
    I will use my 11 necrotic damage from Dark Reaping last turn on the Elf Archer, if it hit.

On hit, I will pull Elf Archer to M5 and Salera to N5.
    Until the end of the encounter, creatures who start their turn next to me take 4 lightning damage.

Chaos Burst continues to grant me +1 AC.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 2012-03-14 at 07:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    The rose belted at Baruk's hip glows faintly, and a gentle tune fills the air for a moment. Time seems to slow as Baruk's blade comes back across, smacking the half-Orc upside the head.

Free: Ki Focus Daily Power, use an at-will power on target of previous attack.
    Free: Valiant Strike @ Bouncer

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+14)[31] Vs AC

Hit: (1d10+6)[8] damage. If this finishes him off, autoKO the minion.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103

Tajal

In response to the attack, the Warlock unleashes a burst of energy to drop the assailant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Interrupt: Delban's Deadly Attention.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[20] vs Will. On a hit, enemy chooses to either deal half damage or take damage again.
    Damage Roll: (1d8+8)[14] necrotic damage.
    Damage Roll #2: (1d8+8)[11] necrotic damage if they choose to press the attack on in spite of that.

14. - Top - End - #104

Map update
    Spoiler
    Show
    Updating since so much has happened in the last few turns. Tajal, Sparrowhawk, and Tabita still have their turns before the NPCs go again.

Selara (M3) and Eria (M5) are the only enemies remaining.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    As his broadsword knocks the half-orc out, his shield comes across and bashes the eladrin in the face, knocking them out too. He then advances into the room.

Move Action: To K16
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #106

Tajal

Satisfied with disabling the immediate threat, Tajal advances forward, cursing the nearby archer this time. He fires off another bolt of eldritch energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: To J-8.
    Minor: Curse Archer.
    Standard: Eldritch Blast at Archer.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[25] vs Reflex.
    Damage Roll: (1d10+12)[20] damage, plus additional (1d6)[4] curse damage.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

The archer's eyes go wide and she slumps to the floor as Salera's eyes widen as well.

"Eira! EIRA!" She screams, her voice agonized as she shoves Rumble aside and flies to the fallen elf's side. "Eira! Speak to me! Eira!" She glares at the intruders with hate in her eyes as she tries to close the elf's wounds. "Lleyr! Get a healer! Now!" The bartender peeks up from behind the bar, pales even further, and quickly runs towards the door. "If she dies..." Her face twists in disgust and she slumps slightly, her mind apparently made up about something. "Save her. There has to be something one of you miserable bastards can do to help her. I'll tell you anything, whatever you need me to get for you I'll do it, just don't let her die." The eladrin's voice is desperate now, and tears spill from her right eye.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    As the Old One gave of himself for others, so too shall I, rumbles Baruk, walking over to the archer. He channels life force out of himself into the archer, restoring her wounds.

I use my Second Wind sacrificial ability to give her my surge value in hitpoints.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #109

Rumble smiles her most comforting smile at Salera, which, sadly, is not particularly comforting at all. The jagged shards of crystal that are her teeth gleam in the light, and Rumble's eyes still glow bright with fierceness, which slowly begins to wane as she begins to speak.

"My dear Salera, why would we have any interest in killing your pets? I believe you'll find Thrunk no worse off than after a night's drinking when he comes to, as well. Your other lackeys, well, I'm not sure." Rumble loosens her grip on her War Pick, which immediately turns to sand and slips through her fingers, blown away into nothingness as if by a gust of wind despite the air being still. She reaches down and extends a hand towards Eira, easily lifting the Elf to her feet.

"Now, where were we?," Rumble grabs an apple off of the table next to her and pops it into her mouth whole. "Ah, yes, Cold Iron. It's not so much materials we need as names. Who are you getting it from, and who are you selling it to? Do you know what they're using it for?" Rumble tilts her head back slightly, belches loudly, and the apple core flies out of her mouth and into her hand. Handing the core to Lleyr, Rumble asks, "Could you be a doll and throw that away for me?" A moment passes in silence as Rumble notices the strange expressions on everyone's faces. "What, would you all prefer I grew a tree? Really now."

Returning her focus to Salera, Rumble continues. "If you don't know, perhaps you should. I doubt you'd like it much, and putting a stop to it would be so much more fun with friends like you on our side."
    Last edited by Sol; 2012-03-15 at 10:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    Rumble, do not be so callous. These are enemies, aye, but they still deserve respect. Give them a moment to catch their breath, scolds the knight, sheathing his broadsword and pinning his shield back in place. He strokes the rose at his hip briefly with his gauntleted hand before he then turns to the barkeep. I apologize for any damage our fracas may have caused, sir, but I think the furniture and decor are mostly intact. I had come here hoping you might have some Mithrendanni red wine in your cellar; if you could provide such a beverage, I would be most grateful. With that, he turns back to Salera. Miss, we really do need to know whatever it is you know. It is of utmost importance.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-03-16 at 12:24 AM.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #111

Rumble glares at Baruk as he scolds her. "Enemies? " Rumble blinks. "I see no enemies here. Are you sure it's not you being disrespectful? No woman who cares so deeply for her companions is an enemy of mine, no matter what industry she's gotten caught up in. From what I've seen here today, I cannot believe that Salera knows the evil that her clients are engaged in. Salera, friend, will you help us?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Dredge

During this heartfelt exchange, Dredge rolls his eyes and takes a seat at the nearest table, waiting to see if Salera will cooperate now.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    I apologize for a poor choice of words. Foe, or opponent may have been better. I simply wished to allude to the fact that we met not moments ago on the stage of battle. I meant no offense, Miss Salera.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114

Tajal

The Warlock shrugs a bit helplessly at the dramatic scene unfolding. As if he's some evil murderer running amok, or something.

"Only those prepared to die should draw weapons," he says, ill at ease.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Salera sags in relief as Eira's eyelids flutter open, and grabs the smaller woman in a near-desperate, passionate embrace.

"Salera..." Eira dazedly brushes a loose lock of her auburn hair from her face.

"Shh, darling, it'll be fine," Salera says soothingly as she helps Eira to her feet.

"Well now, at least some of us have manners," she says, brushing herself off as she recovers her dignity. "Lleyr, drinks please." The winter eladrin nods and quickly brings drinks to the table everyone is nearest, discarding the apple core on the way.

"Talonien Sarothian. That's our supplier. Big name in Mithrendain. Pain in the ass, of course, but he gets quality wares so it's worth putting up with him, most of the time." She shifts languidly, though her hand never leaves Eira's.

"As to who's buying, well, there's a couple right now. Biggest is some crazy cultist going on about how he's going to revive his dark eldritch whatever, the usual claptrap that doesn't pan out. Other one's some eladrin woman, won't say who she's working for. Not even sure she's an Eladrin, there's something off about her. Think there's a couple others who've bought a bit or two recently. Eira?"

"I'll have to check the books, but there's been at least three others... I don't keep them here, though, we'll have to get them."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Dredge

"Well, we could go after the supplier, but then whoever we're after would just find some other way of getting their dark iron. We have to go straight to the source of the problem." He pauses a moment, considering the information provided by Salera. "I wouldn't think those last three are buying enough to be who we're looking for, right? So either the crazy cultist is using that story as a cover, or we're looking for the strange eladrin."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk
    I would... prefer we avoided Mithrendain, notes Baruk, a tinge of sadness in his voice. Of your two clients, I think the mysterious Eladrin sounds more like our target. I don't suppose your "books" might have any additional information on this client? asks the half-orc, sipping from the proffered drink as he does so.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-03-16 at 12:37 PM.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Baruk's drink proves to be the Mithrendanni wine he had hoped for, an excellent vintage he's able to identify as coming from the well-known Printempest winery.

"Yes, I keep track of who buys what and what information we have on them," Eira says, nodding. "Actually, I think at least one of them is waiting on a shipment. As I said, I'll need to get them. You can come with me, we're about due to move headquarters again anyway, or you can wait here while I get them. Salera?"

"Either of those will be fine. Though I must admit that I'm curious. Why the interest, anyway? You want information, fine, but what for?" She taps a finger against her cheek.

29. - Top - End - #119

Rumble, deciding that there's no easy way to put the situation, levels with Salera bluntly. "We believe that one of your clients is behind a recent string of kidnappings targeting Eladrin children, using the Cold Iron to prevent escape. We have a list of the kids involved, if you'd like to look, but there's no pattern we can see. We could use any assistance you could lend us in bringing these monsters to justice and rescuing the kids."

30. - Top - End - #120

Tajal

A bit unsure, the Warlock interjects, "I'll... wait outside for these matters to conclude. I never quite got the idea of friendship through superior firepower." With that, he excuses himself to stand outside and take in the fresh air.

Funny how life works. Usually, blasting people didn't end up so courteous. Perhaps, in the future, he should try to aim for non-lethal places.