New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: FFD6: a Fountain of life or death?

Lyle

Seeing the monster fall one after another, Lyle advance to a closer place and hit another one with his gloves.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Free-Move to close-range
    Standard-Attack with gloves: ACC:(2d6+5)[12] and damage (2d6+48)[54]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Tarrian

Cenereo lunging forward to the beast attacking Ibsaia, Tarrian slashing with his sword, causing the monster to duck right into the path of Cenereo's armoured claw.

------
    Close range attack, using Chocobo Knight -
    (2d6)[5][4](9)
    Attack: +7 = [16]
    Damage: +64 = [73]
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-03-19 at 08:56 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ibisai's bullet smashes the skull of another of the monkies, droping another of the monsters. To her side, she saw Tarian and his crystal pet-thing gut the monkey that had attacked her.

Lyle advances slowly upon another of the monsters, punching another of the creatures, the magic imbued into the gloves causing the ceature to scream as the area aound it chilled further, small ice crystals forming in it's fur.

OOC: as a note, dramesh, since your weapons arcane it only deals 50% damage, so 24 + 1/2 of 2d6 rather than 48 + 2d6

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    OOC: as a note, dramesh, since your weapons arcane it only deals 50% damage, so 24 + 1/2 of 2d6 rather than 48 + 2d6
    I took the Abilities to do 100% with INT it'S called Into the Fray...

5. - Top - End - #65

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dramesh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I took the Abilities to do 100% with INT it'S called Into the Fray...
    Spoiler
    Show
    missd that, never mind... for som reason I thought into the fray increased close range damage spells

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ray made another simple, almost mechanical strike against the monkeys. Nothing flashy as hacking such simple predatory creatures didn't require more - the work of a butcher, not a warrior.
    (2d6)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To-hit = 5+7 = 12
    Damage = 5+51 = 56
    Last edited by Fearan; 2012-03-23 at 01:56 AM.
    English isn't my native. Sorry for all misunderstandings.
    Warning: This user is a powerplayer and a TYPE-Lunatic

Familiar summons YOU avatar by happyturtle

7. - Top - End - #67

BlueKnightGuy

The last of the multi-limbed primates falls, it's skull crushed by Ash's fist. A closer inspection of the creatures corpses reveals that the second set of arms appears to have been grafted on - There is clear needlework, and even some simple mechanical motors at the base of the limbs. This is barely the only mechanical augmentation to the creatures - most of the bear many more mechanical parts.

The tags each creature was wearing bears the ShinRa logo, yet it appears to have been scratched out and replaced with the word "Murderers"

From the creatures corpses, you manage to gather enough scraps and plts to be worth around 300 gill each, as well as recieving 1 EXP per person. You also find what look to be reflective black shards embedded into the monsters heads, which you think you can get out undamaged, if you so desire.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Ibsaia walked quietly toward one of the still-warm corpses. Before everything else, she noticed the mechanical nature of the extra limbs, something she hadn't noticed during the fight.
    The android took the tag to read it, and immediately remembered the week passed with civilians. The veiled insults and hateful words she'd gotten once they knew where she was from.
    She turned her face in direction of the rest of the team, her cold face and monotone voice concealing her sadness. Only she was still bearing an intact ShinRa logo on her chest. "... we are not murderers. We... are here to fix past mistakes. We are not..."
    Why was she even arguing? It was part of her job description to shoot monsters and humans, as long as they were the designed targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lyle

Lyle approach the creature and try to remove the black shard, trying to know what this is. Looking really interested into the shard and none about the mecha-ape that he kill.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    What skill do I have to roll to know what the shard is?

10. - Top - End - #70

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Any Lore other than general can reveal some information about th crystal shard, as can synth (alchemy)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lyle

Looking at the strange shard, Lyle begin to study it intensely, focusing only on it.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6+4)[15]

12. - Top - End - #72

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The crystal is warm to touch, and pulses occassionally. Handiling it, you notice it bears a number of simmilarities to both materia, and to Cenario, the tamed weapon accompnying you.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Tarrian

Tarrian jumps off Cenereo's back letting out a loud whoop of triumph as he does so, swinging his sword around & stabbing the air; slaying imaginary enemies. Cenereo too lets out a warcry, a high pitched screech, like nails on a blackboard, but louder.

Well that wasn't so hard. I was worried I'd be a bit rusty, but I've still got it."

Claiming one of the shards Tarrian rotates it between his fingers, holding it up to the light, and then to Cenereo, to see if it reacts like it did to Lyle.

-----
    Lore (Mako/Materia): (2d6+2)[5][6](13)
    Lore (Monster): (2d6+2)[4][1](7)
    Lore (SOLDIER): (2d6+2)[1][3](6)
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

With one move Ray cleared the blood of ape-things from his sword and turned to Ibsaia.
    - No, we're not. - he said with all warmth, he could squeeze out of his battle-hardened, half mechanical throat - Murder is an act of killing defenceless non-combatants. I don't know nothing about your project, but I assume, Shin-Ra doesn't need to spend millions of gil for state-of-the-art augmented battle units such as ourself just to dispose of non-combatats. That's a total wase of resourses
    He didn't even look at weird amulets - analisys wasn't his profile

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lyle

Lyle, focused on the shard, went to Cenereo and by instinct tried to put the shard and the Weapon into contact, afterward, he extract a Materia off his gloves and try the same thing with the shard and materia. While he's doing it, the others can hear him whisper words from time to time, "Nice..." "Maybe that..." "Maybe.." "Try it on..." "should do it"

16. - Top - End - #76

BlueKnightGuy

Tarrian's examinations of the monsters corpses makes him notice something ususal; The faint glow in the staring, dead eyes of the beasts is glowing a tint of sickly green, simmilar to those of SOLDIER, yet the colour was off. He can also remember running into simmilar creatures back when he worked for ShinRa, though those had been docile, not savage like these.

Picking up one of the shards and placing it nearer to Cenereo, he sees the WEAPON at first draw near the black shard, then pull away in what seems to be disgust when it comes closer. As it did, Tarrian could feel the shards pulsing growing stronger.

Curiosity aboud, Lylse slotted the black shard into his glove. A few moments passed before the shard began to glow - a noxious green that slowly started to overcome the other materia stroed in his gloves. The shard seems to be reacting to his materia, though it did not appear to be doing anything else at the moment.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lyle

Seeing as the shard glowed in contact with materia, he take all the remaining shard and put it in a separate pocket from a ny other equipment. "So shall we continue?"

18. - Top - End - #78

BlueKnightGuy

the monsters dealth with, the six of you continue on through the now-deacticated electric fence. Following the sign posts, you continue on your journey towards the slums. The path ahead quickly begins to become more and more trecherous, with obvious signs of both poor repair and monster habitation. A number of times, you could swear you saw something watching you from just around a corner.

after thirty minutes of negotiating your way through the ruined streets, you eventually come across a dead end in the main street - the plate above having collapsed. A quick glance reveals that it would be possible to climb the blockage, if trecherous. Near-by, there is a wide sidestreet, the entrace spraypainted with the words "detour to housing", though the paint look old and faded, and you can swear there are claw-makrs on the wall. Lastly, to your left there is a survivng branch in the main street, sinposte to the Sector 1 power plant.

above all of this you can see the cracked remains of midgard highway, a number of ruined or abandoned cars, vans and bikes left on the unused tarmac.

you could also always backtrack and look for another route.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Tarrian

"I'd say the power plant makes more sense than trampling through peoples homes. How about you?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lyle

''It's probably best to head to the reactor.''

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Tarrian

"Then off we go."

Pointing his sword in the right direction he gees up Cenereo, and receives a spray of mako particles out of one of the vents where it's armour plates meet and an angry glare from the monster, before it starts walking.

22. - Top - End - #82

BlueKnightGuy

deciding to try and find a path through the power plant, you turn down the signposted street. keeping your eyes open for any more monsters, you find this path to be surprisingly clear. As you dawn near the powerplant, however, you begin to notice bullet holes in the surrounding walls - and eventually crucified corpses dressed like the scavenegrs you met before. One of them is still moving a little.

Up ahead, you can see the power plant - the lights are still on, and the place looks to be inhabited.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Tarrian

If the crucified fellow can be saved:

Tarrian gets someone with some restorative Materia to heal the scavenger as he has Cenereo release him. When he's up to talking he asks who/what did this and why.

If he's too far gone:

Passing by the crucified scavengers, Tarrian asks for a volunteer to join him on Cenereo for an aerial assessment of the power plant before going in, preferably someone with decent who'll actually be able to see what's going on (Tarrian's Awareness is terrible).
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-04-14 at 06:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Ray will volunteer for an asessment run, relying on his augmentations and Faith materia buff
    Last edited by Fearan; 2012-04-14 at 06:20 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

BlueKnightGuy

A quick medical exainations reveals that the man can be saved, though his hands are ruined by the heavy bolts used to keep him in place. Pulling him down, you can hear him gasp the words "new avalance... crazy idiots trying to kill the world" before falling uncocnious, aparantly from thirst and pain. you should be able to revive him, but it would take time

If you still desire to do so, a fla over is still avaliable to you.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lyle

seeing as the man can be saved, Lyle get to him and heal him

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Materia: 32+(2d6)[5] cost: 10 Mp
    Total MP used: 40

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

While the rest of her group is taking care of the unfortunate man, Ibsaia comes to Tarrian to suggest her help.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Tarrian

Leaving the man in Lyle's care, Tarrian welcomes Ibsaia and Ray on board Cenereo.

Wings of pure mako energy rise from the WEAPON's back and with the three on it's back it will take to the air, circling high up enough to try and avoid detection, but close enough for the two passengers to examine the area.

---
    OOC: My Awareness is crap, but just in case: (2d6+2)[4][1](7)

29. - Top - End - #89

BlueKnightGuy

Flying over the factory, you notice a number of makeshift encampment within the all-encompasing walls, and the lights within are on. You can see from your arial vantige point that you can see that the exits from the power plant seem to be open, though more cruficixes line the road.

You can also see a number of guards armed with guns, though they don't seem to have noticed you yet.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Flying on a WEAPON was a bit different then helicopter, but it should not affect the perfomance. Ray have adjusted his implants for another perspective. Heat signatures, energy readings, anything, he could pick up would be useful.

OOC: Getting +2 buff from Faith materia
    Rolling (2d6+7)[11]