Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Evil Takes a Stand IC

Good, and Evil. Chaos, and Law. These opposing forces create the universe as we know it. If any one is eliminated from the equation, everything falls to ruin. But nonetheless, almost everyone in the world is working to further the cause of one of these, or attempting the downfall of another. Everyone is trying to destroy the world one way or another. And sometimes...just occasionally...they succeed.

There is a storm hanging over the land, a storm like none you have seen before. The rain has been pounding for days, the thunder booms constantly. Lightning lights the sky at all hours, and the sun is barely visible through the dark clouds. This has been going on for the past several days, and tempers are beginning to rise. Those who have roofs to live under are certainly glad of them now, well those less fortunate curse their lot. Everyone is waiting for the storm to end, and in Fallcrest there is no one abroad. Shopkeepers stay in their shops, people hole themselves up in houses, leaving only to go to the local inn, and even the Watch is waiting out the storm. After all, who would commit a crime on a day such as this? It is a day for crimes to be plotted, not executed. A day for conspiracies to be hatched. And on this day, in this town...Evil takes a Stand.

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to know where everyone is, so I know how to proceed from here. There is something that will draw you together, but it needs to know your location first.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Evil Takes a Stand IC

Rushing through the trees, onto an open plain chasing the prey. Today it is simply a deer, *Let's not draw too much attention our way, we just had that girl from the farm not too far from here* Darvin thinks to himself. He can smell the nearby town of Fallcrest, even in the storm.

He overtakes the deer, he kills it swiftly and takes his meal, still in wolf form. After sating his hunger, he decides to head into town and see about maybe getting a drink, and maybe a woman too. *But not to change her this time, just to have some fun and let her on her way* he says to himself, already doubting if that will be the case.

So Darvin finds himself in a short time stalking the streets of Fallcrest, where he shifts back to his tall handsome and muscular human form, and enters a nearby tavern to see about that drink, and that woman...

Spoiler
    Show
    Darvin can be found in a tavern, whichever one is more convenient for you :D
    Last edited by LittleCarp04; 2012-02-16 at 12:42 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinton rides in under the cover of darkness, the rain beating down on him. Riding into shelter, he ties his mechanical horse to a post and removes his hood. He walks into the inn and sits at the nearest table.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whichever place is convenient same place as Darvin
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-02-16 at 03:00 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

College is starting, I'll be on my phone for most of the time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

The tavern you enter is the Journey's End Pub, a large, jovial place. At least usually. As you walk in no one seems to take any notice of you, and the mood seems somewhat sullen. The inn is packed, and it seems like a major gathering place for the people of Fallcrest. People of all races fill the place, with even a couple dwarves far from their mountain home. Despite any strangeness in your appearance, you're human, and wet, and that makes you the same as everyone else. The bartender gives you a friendly nod as he polishes a glass.
    Unfortunately the tavern is so packed that people are sharing tables with whoever happens to sit with them. There are seven tables altogether, with benches instead of chairs. The three nearest to you hold a variety of humans, along with the two dwarves, a group of halflings and an orc, respectively.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-02-16 at 03:08 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Journey's End
    Spoiler
    Show
    Already sitting at the bar is another man, ostensibly a weary traveler. Despite his otherwise heavy features, the man has a jovial smile. A thick mane of silver hair tops his slightly wrinkled face, betraying his age. Laughing and joking his way into a seat despite the tavern's current capacity problems, the man seems to be getting along well with everyone present. He wears only a simple, but finely made, traveling cloak, vest, tunic, belt, and breeches. Though no armor is visible, he has a polished mithral buckler shield and both a bejeweled rapier and a bejeweled shortbow. It's hard to tell from his demeanor and items if he actually knows how to use these things or if he just likes showing off his wealth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Veriz is currently in the guise of a human using his Minor Shape Change ability. His Disguise check is 40 (+2 if the clothes make the man).
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2012-02-19 at 06:56 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?

Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, explanation of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Celeste ignores the rain throughout Fallcrest, cheerfully splashing in the puddles in the main part of town.

Spoiler
    Show

Human form, just so you know.

Let me know if there is anyone outside near me.
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinton walks into the tavern, sliding his way through the crown into an empty seat, which coincidentally is right in front of Veriz. Facing him he say's Would you care for a game?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aegon was spending his time sitting in a small chair in the local bookseller's, browsing through books and ignoring the raging storm. He had slipped the owner a few coins to let him read here; since business was slow anyway, at least the owner was making some money. Aegon had also promised to buy a book before he left, which would be once the storm had lifted.

Ah, the storm. The storm was making this a most unpleasant trip. He had come here originally for some business and to see if he could learn something, and had expected to be in and out quickly, within a day. The storm had changed all that, and he was therefore staying here far longer than he had expected. If he hadn't come to this arrangement with the bookseller, he would have found things even more unpleasant, as he would have been forced to spend his time in the local inn's taproom, listening to all the uninteresting conversations and even having others try to strike up conversations with him. But he needed none of them; this town had nothing to interest him. And so their conversations were likely to be banal and uninformative. He would much rather, in that case, be alone with his own thoughts, returning there only to sleep and then head out again.

But it would soon be time for him to return. He hoped the storm ended soon, but he could wait as long as it could.
    BSG PBF record on BGG: 6 - 13.

"For a nice guy, you're kind of a jerk" - Ayane, P4: The Animation

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Journey's End:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bartender comes over to Clinton. "What'll it be for you, sir?" he asks. "It's on the house, we've been expecting you."
    The orc, sitting in the centermost table of the room, is laughing uproariously, and seems to be provoking a pair of large, unsavory looking men at his table. If nothing is done, it is obvious that a fight will soon result.

The streets, with Celeste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As the little urchin skips through the rain, she sees a strange man walking through the streets in her general direction. He is swaddled in a heavy black cloak, and is bent almost double. He swings his head back and forth over the ground, as if looking for something. He seems to be growling under his breath.

Bookshop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The door to the shop opens with a tinkling sound, which is unusual as you have been the only person in here all day. You hear a quiet conversation from the front, and then the person walks over to you from around a shelf of books. She appears to be a beautiful young woman in her early twenties, dressed in a traveling cloak and breeches. Her long red hair is bound in a ponytail, and a sword glints at her side. She smiles as she sees you.
    "Hello Aegon. I've been looking for you. We have some business to discuss."
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

"Please, Fulvio, I NEED more! Isn't there anything I can do to pay for it?"
    Fulvio Beneditti smiled sadly at his customer. The addicted were such bad barginers, especially when it came to Dreammist. Which, of course, was one of Fulvio's specialties. "Marcus, I've already got you on tab for three doses. I can't just give out this stuff for free. I'm kind, not a charity." Marcus twitched and contorted before his god, desperately trying to figure out a way to afford the Dreammist. "Please! I'll give you anything. Anything you want!" Fulvio thought for a moment. "You have a pretty nice house, don't you Marcus? Clean, well-kept. Big enough for a single person like myself. What do you say we make a trade? You give me your house, and I'll give you your dose for this week. I'll ever clear your tab. How does that sound, Marcus?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your call, Sneaky. I don't have the gold to purchase a small house legal-like, but if Marcus here is down a few payments, I figure he's accumulated enough debt to be about equal to a small house.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

11. - Top - End - #11

Spoiler
    Show
    Street urchin? She takes offence to that!

Celeste runs over to the strange man, and begins to politely bother him.

"Hey mister, what'ya doin' out here?

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Fulvio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Fine! Fine, you can have the damn house, just give me the Mist!" snivels Marcus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, you can have his house, although it's a mystery how you can't spare 1'000 GP. Also, where have you set up shop, and where are you and Marcus talking?

Celeste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man stops, and sniffs at you, his head bobbing back and forth. He makes an unpleasant snuffling sound, and paws at his face, which you can now see is swaddled in cloth.
    "You smell funny, little girl." His voice is gravelly and strained, as if he has a severe cold. "What'r you doing out here?"
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-02-16 at 11:03 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

"I'm enjoying the beautiful weather. What do you mean, I smell? she frowns at the smell comment.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Clinton fingers a pawn nervously and asks What do you mean you've been expecting me?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Darvin decides to take an empty seat next to Clinton across from Veriz and says, "Don't mind if I take this do you? Great! I see the bartender has already served, so what brings you to Fallcrest? Any word on where one can find a better selection of... entertainers?" Darvin says with a sly smile.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Celeste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man sniffs again. "Different from the other humans."
    He snorts, then starts to laugh, his merriment sounding like breaking glass.
    "Ahaha. Heh heh heh. Explaining myself to a little girl? What next?" He leans in close to you and holds his hand in front of you face. It is covered by a thick leather glove, but you can see his long, sharp claws poking through the fingertips.
    "Now, little one, you are going to run home to mommy and forget you ever saw me. Or I'll rip your spine out through your head."

Journey's End:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bartender hands a glass to Darvin. "On the house. You need go no further for entertainment, my good sir. We've prepared some just for you." He grins widely, revealing crooked brown teeth.
    "As to expecting you, well, it's not exactly me that was expecting you. Nor was it you in particular that we were expecting. But you're here now, and that's what matters.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

So who told you to expect me?
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-02-17 at 03:45 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Journey's End:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My master told me you were coming. He's right over there." He gestures at the orc, who has just landed a blow on a burly looking man and knocked him to the floor. As you watch he gets back up with murder in his eyes, pulling out a stiletto from his shirt.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

smile Re: Evil Takes a Stand ICE

Celeste smiles. "I can't go back to mommy. I killed her a while ago. Daddy too. I miss mommy sometimes. So where should I go? I dunno what they did with the bodies." she puts her hands on her chin, looking up and contemplating to location to herself.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

So what is your master's name? No, better question, Who is he? Clinton says gripping his pawn tightly.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2012-02-17 at 06:03 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

PaladinGuy

Aegon

Aegon sets the book he was reading aside carefully, and then looks her over. There is not even a hint of any sort of attraction in his demeanour, but he looks her over intently, attempting to discern her intentions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for Sense Motive: [roll]1d20 + 14[/roll]

"Well, I am always interested in discussing business ... presuming there is something of interest in it for me. Please tell me what you have in mind."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for Diplomacy: [roll]1d20 + 16[/roll]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Celeste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man(or whatever it is) seems taken aback. "You killed your mother? That's unexpected..." He snuffles at you. "You're not even a hu-" He stops and backs off a couple steps.
    "Well well, you could be just the sort of person I'm looking for. Tell you what, little girl, how about you come with me? I think we could have a lot of fun together."

Bookshop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    As far as you can tell, she seems perfectly sincere in her desire to do business with you, but she is almost impossible to read.

The woman sits down next to you, moving with catlike grace.
    "You see, me and some friends of mine are in a bit of trouble right now, and someone of your unique skills would be very helpful to us. If you would be willing to aid me, you will certainly be rewarded." She smiles at you hopefully.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-02-17 at 07:06 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Journey's End
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intrigued, Veriz can't help but watch as the chessmaster interrogates the barkeep. That same jolly smirk sits on his face while the orc in the center of the room knocks a man silly. Upon learning that the brute is more than he seems, however, something clicks for Veriz. When he sees the thrashed man pull a blade, Veriz also sees an opening. "You might want to watch your friend," he says, jumping to his feet. "He's likely to lose an eye playing with that thing."
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2012-02-19 at 06:56 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?

Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, explanation of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Sounds fun!" She follows wherever the man leads her to.

25. - Top - End - #25

PaladinGuy

Aegon

Aegon replies, "I never do business on vague assurances of reward, and vague hints of being useful. What precisely do you need done, and what precisely will I get as the reward?"
    Last edited by Daimbert; 2012-02-17 at 08:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

" Have my thanks Goodman, I may partake in the festivities you mention later, for now I am enjoying the show this orc is putting on." With that Darvin smiles at the man in a wat that can simply be described as feral.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Journey's End:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bartender watches the brewing conflict with a grin.
    "Oh, he's not my friend. He's my master, a different thing entirely. His name is Martinet, and as to who he is, well, I think he should explain that. After he butchers the upstart."
    As he speaks, the brutish man stabs at the orc with his knife. Martinet, if that is really his name, dodges aside like a snake before grabbing the man's arm and pulling him into a headlock. The man's friend is getting up and looks to be joining the fight momentarily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If any of you want to step in, the rolling of initiative would be a good idea.

Celeste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk, the man mutters to himself, but he seems pleased at finding you. You turn down one street, then the next, until you arrive at a bookshop.
    "Yes, she's in here. Come on, I'll introduce you to my mistress." He sniffs the air, then enters the shop. It is a typical small bookshop, packed floor to ceiling with shelves, stacks and piles of books. The shopkeeper smiles nervously at you, but the cloaked man ignores him and goes deeper in. You follow him, and you emerge in a lounge area with chairs, two of which are occupied. A thin man with black hair and an extraordinarily beautiful woman look up at the two of you.

Bookshop:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, that's really the trouble. There's no precise details on what you need to do. As for a reward, whatever you think is fitting will certainly be given to you, once this is all over. And you will be working to ensure your own survival, which I've heard is a plus." She laughs merrily. "I'm not really the one to discuss this with, so forgive me if I'm a little vague."
    At that moment, you hear the shop door open once again. The woman stiffens, and her hand goes to her blade. A few seconds later, a large, hunched man swaddled in a heavy cloak walks up, trailed by a young girl. They are both soaking wet.
    "Mistress, I've found one of them," says the hunched man in a hoarse, croaking voice.
    The woman relaxes.
    "Very good, Dhazda. You gave me a start for a moment there." Turning to Aegon, she gestures to Dhazda. "This is my servant, Dhazda. And you are...?" She looks at the girl.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

PaladinGuy

Aegon

Aegon merely nods at hearing the name of the little girl, and comments: "If you are not the person to talk to, who is?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Fulvio, streets
    "Pleasure doing business with you, Marcus." Fulvio handed the man a bag of powder, and smiled as his latest customer slinked away. Fulvio smiled. It would be nice to have a place to stay, without worrying overly much about the cops. And if all else failed, he could sell the place for far more than he had paid for it. Whistling, Fulvio walked down the street, thinking to himself about the next steps for his operation. The work he had done with this place was stunning, really. He had a loyal customer base, which both feared and respected him. Generally speaking, he was a fair businessman, charging only a small extra on the cost for his wares. The city's underground loved him. Perhaps it was time to expand further, into more wealthy areas of the city. It was risky to start with, but if he could get a few politically powerful customers, the clout he would possess would-
    The thoughts of the future quickly turned to the present when he saw the man and the child. Walking along the street. Fulvio shuddered with fear. Had they seen the deal go down? Was the man an undercover cop? Fulvio began to trail the two. If he could stop them before they reached Commander Grast's-
    Bookshop?
    Fulvio waited a moment while the two entered. They had seen him, of that he was certain now. But who were they? The only way to find out was to go inside the shop.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, yeah. Fulvio was in the same area as Celeste. Convenient, no?
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

Awesome Hex avatar by kpenguin

30. - Top - End - #30

"My name is Celeste." She looks to the man who brought her there. "Mister Dazda, how did you know I was not human?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dhazda is pronounced wrong by Celeste.
    Last edited by Dire Reverend; 2012-02-17 at 09:30 PM.