New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] Optimization Guides Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilarian View Post
    Monk multiclass would probably be useful for a ninja. In particular they can use that bonus ki better than anyone else.

Edit: now that I think about it, I don't know if the ki gained from Monk multiclass would stack with the ki from Ninja. If not, probably not worth it, though a Rogue could take Monk multiclass and snag ninja tricks that use ki. You'd want to trade out Evasion though.
    The Ninja has this gem at the bottom of the entry for Ki Pool:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Combat
    If the ninja possesses levels in another class that grants points to a ki pool, ninja levels stack with the levels of that class to determine the total number of ki points in the combined pool, but only one ability score modifier is added to the total. The choice of which score to use is made when the second class ability is gained, and once made, the choice is set. The ninja can now use ki points from this pool to power the abilities of every class she possesses that grants a ki pool.
    So yes, you can stack Monk and Ninja for more ki but they stack levels, so you're not gaining or losing than if you'd stayed in either.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

You know, I'm disappointed there isn't a Skald guide. I'd set out to make one myself, but I lack any actual play experience with the class; the only things I can say by just looking at the class abilities is that Fated Champion is an awesome archetype, and that I would pick up one of the Linnorm Death Curses.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As a general observation/reminder, some of the guides linked sprinkle in salty language that could be problematic in some locales. Off-hand, I know Tark's Cleric guide hit a language filter a couple of times.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    The Ninja has this gem at the bottom of the entry for Ki Pool:

So yes, you can stack Monk and Ninja for more ki but they stack levels, so you're not gaining or losing than if you'd stayed in either.
    yeah, I know about that. I'm just not sure if the Variant Multiclass system changes things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    You know, I'm disappointed there isn't a Skald guide. I'd set out to make one myself, but I lack any actual play experience with the class; the only things I can say by just looking at the class abilities is that Fated Champion is an awesome archetype, and that I would pick up one of the Linnorm Death Curses.
    Here, a skald guide.
    Last edited by Nihilarian; 2015-06-08 at 11:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

yeah, I know about that. I'm just not sure if the Variant Multiclass system changes things.
    Actually, it kind of does. Since the Monk VMC ki pool isn't granted by class levels, it fully stacks with the Ninja's ki pool. Ninja [Monk] is one of the few good VMC combos.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Cavalier Guide - and a marvelous one.
    I'm not a major fan of that guide. Wouldn't say he details any other ways a Cavalier can excel other than hit things hard, but alas, it is the only half-way decent guide for the class about.

7. - Top - End - #97

Planetar

Here, a skald guide.
    I was hoping for something talking about rage powers and spells, but that works.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Adding the skald guide!
    Tier System for Classes | Why Each Class is in its Tier
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by CTrees View Post
    Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I've just finished a newly-minted mini-guide for the Unchained Rogue.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CockroachTeaParty View Post
    I've just finished a newly-minted mini-guide for the Unchained Rogue.
    Consider it done (because it is)!
    PF Optimization Guides Compendium | Extended Signature (Optimization/Conversion/Homebrew)

Knowledge (local) being trained only, and not a class skill for many classes, means that your average human may well not be able to identify other humans! This may explain the exceptional quantity of half-human hybrids.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

My guide for the Spheres of Power Elementalist

GitPg thread

Its not complete, buts its in pretty good shape.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

The sorcerer guide needs to be taken down. I'm not sure what it once was, but it looks like a wikipedia article if a wikipedia article had only been edited by trolls for the past year. I downloaded it to word because the online document was super laggy and discovered the first ~80% of the guide was pages and pages of the picture with slight formatting difference or something. And given how long I scrolled through it, it seems like several hundred pages. Then you get to the guide itself and literally everything is crossed out, I didn't see any color identifiers and a brief skim of the advice looks like trolls ate the useful stuff, digested it, and left their crap in its place. Like the advice on dwarf sorcerers: "Dwarves suck at sorcerers, if you don't understand why you need to learn the rules." This is basically what was in the guide, except my comment probably has better spelling and grammar.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by squab View Post
    The sorcerer guide needs to be taken down. I'm not sure what it once was, but it looks like a wikipedia article if a wikipedia article had only been edited by trolls for the past year.
    The thing is, those are only suggested edits. The real document remains. Click the green button at the top right, and select "Viewing". It hides all of the suggestions and comments, leaving only the guide.

However, the fact that you need to do so should be added to the OP of this thread.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    My guide for the Spheres of Power Elementalist

GitPg thread

Its not complete, buts its in pretty good shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by squab View Post
    The sorcerer guide needs to be taken down. I'm not sure what it once was, but it looks like a wikipedia article if a wikipedia article had only been edited by trolls for the past year. I downloaded it to word because the online document was super laggy and discovered the first ~80% of the guide was pages and pages of the picture with slight formatting difference or something. And given how long I scrolled through it, it seems like several hundred pages. Then you get to the guide itself and literally everything is crossed out, I didn't see any color identifiers and a brief skim of the advice looks like trolls ate the useful stuff, digested it, and left their crap in its place. Like the advice on dwarf sorcerers: "Dwarves suck at sorcerers, if you don't understand why you need to learn the rules." This is basically what was in the guide, except my comment probably has better spelling and grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    The thing is, those are only suggested edits. The real document remains. Click the green button at the top right, and select "Viewing". It hides all of the suggestions and comments, leaving only the guide.

However, the fact that you need to do so should be added to the OP of this thread.

Elementalist and Magus guides added; added the note about the sorcerer guide.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

I have a thaumaturge guide and a general spheres guide now. Links in sig.

Thanks.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    I have a thaumaturge guide and a general spheres guide now. Links in sig.

Thanks.
    Added!

Also, I've been doing a ton of work on my aegis guide today. It actually includes information from Psionics Augmented/Ultimate Psionics now!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novawurmson View Post
    Added!

Also, I've been doing a ton of work on my aegis guide today. It actually includes information from Psionics Augmented/Ultimate Psionics now!
    Thank you kindly friend. Remember to check out the Path of War and Akashic Mysteries customizations.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Thank you kindly friend. Remember to check out the Path of War and Akashic Mysteries customizations.
    I put a note to add them later, but I think I'm going to wait until they're finalized and released before adding them to the guide.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

I dug up this brawler guide via google and think it's worth sharing: Happy Feet, Wombo Combo - A guide to the Brawler

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Oh man, I have like 4-5 guides that need to be added.

I'd say gunslinger, character creation, and kineticist need to be added to the list, synth summoner could too...am I forgetting any?

EDIT: Oh yeah, investigator. All links are in my sig.
    Last edited by N. Jolly; 2015-08-27 at 12:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I dug up this brawler guide via google and think it's worth sharing: Happy Feet, Wombo Combo - A guide to the Brawler
    Added!

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jolly View Post
    Oh man, I have like 4-5 guides that need to be added.

I'd say gunslinger, character creation, and kineticist need to be added to the list, synth summoner could too...am I forgetting any?

EDIT: Oh yeah, investigator. All links are in my sig.
    I think everything's added now!

23. - Top - End - #113

Occult Adventures

Spiritualist Class - Guide to the Spiritualist

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I should ask one of the authors.

Hey, Nova, can I add this to the compendium?

Yeah, sure. Go for it!

25. - Top - End - #115

Kobold

Assuming that I am able to post here,

I'm making a submission for a 3rd party class without a guide yet.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...onic-Exemplar)
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Almarck View Post
    Assuming that I am able to post here,

I'm making a submission for a 3rd party class without a guide yet.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...onic-Exemplar)
    I hadn't even heard of this class before. Adding it to the list, thanks!

27. - Top - End - #117

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Novawurmson View Post
    I hadn't even heard of this class before. Adding it to the list, thanks!
    Probably because it's a 3rd party class without a preexisting 3.5 fanbase like the Pact magic, Psionics, and martial adepts ... and is also a class with a very specific race requirement to play, that of being a dragon. Monster classes are kind of rare for a reason and that sort of thing isn't always allowed at tables.

But yes. Thank you for adding it.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hello

I've been working on a Cryptic Handbook and would like to give permission to get it added to the guide, even as a Work in Progress.

The guide itself is here and the discussion thread is here
    Last edited by Gee-chan; 2015-12-30 at 09:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I recently finished going through all the traits. I plan on sorting the good ones into categories still, but at least everything is there and you can generally find what you want. Link in my sig.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Yo Nova, if you want to put my unchained summoner mini guide on the list, feel free.