Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 176
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Samuel

    "Well i was thinking we follow the swath of devastation going in the way the trees fell down since that should be the way the creature was travelling. Although i guess this does rule out it being a creature overly interesting in protecting the forest"

    Unless of course this is an illusion?

    Spoiler
    Show
    disbelieve devastation
    (1d20+5)[10]

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Samuel

    "Well i was thinking we follow the swath of devastation going in the way the trees fell down since that should be the way the creature was travelling. Although i guess this does rule out it being a creature overly interesting in protecting the forest"

    Unless of course this is an illusion?

    Spoiler
    Show
    disbelieve devastation
    [roll0]
    As the group continues to travel and search, they finally hear it.

    The dragon.

    Sleeping, it's mighty (still a small dragon, but ya know) lungs inhaling and exhaling slowly.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Samuel

    Whispering he says Well then here we are now everybody stay down we dont want to wake it until we know more about the situation. Osan is it evil?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check for any more information on the dragon in front of us
    (1d20+4)[19]

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Samuel

    Whispering he says Well then here we are now everybody stay down we dont want to wake it until we know more about the situation. Osan is it evil?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check for any more information on the dragon in front of us
    [roll0]
    It is a green dragon, about five feet long.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Samuel

    Still keeping quiet "So then people what do you think should be our next move?"

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    Once they found the beast Ilthea found herself struggling to feel the requistie anger and hatred to summon a killing blow, instead she felt rather an ambivalence towards this small creature.

    "These dragons are fell creatures, but surely there is something to be said for sparing the life of one so young. I cannot believe this creature could so effectively terrorise these locals. I propose we wake it and reason with it. It may tell us of things that we are as of yet ignorant."

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Samuel

    I agree unless we need to killing it should be a last resort. However in case it does attack us perhaps the rest of us should spread out so we will not be caught in the same blast. So who wants to wake it then?

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tortoise262's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Osan Emir

    "It is too far yet for me to feel if there is an evil presence about it, but dragons of its kin generally are, Samuel."


    Turning to the elf, Ilthea, do you suggest that the fiend may have family as well? If so, it may not be wise to treat it with hostility..." A pause. "If, indeed, it is ever wise to treat a dragon such."

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    "Kin perhaps, but I am not well acquainted with the properties of young dragons. I could not tell you if this creature could cause much damage. Even if it is the perpetrator, I feel we ought to choose reason over force, Osan Emir"

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tortoise262's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Osan Emir

    Osan nods. "Though I'm afraid I'm not quite as adept in the field of strategy or negotiation. I'm more of a 'Plan B' sort of fellow."

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Feo

    Following Osan statement. As am I, Ive had to talk my way out of a few things. But I think I would do more harm than good, being what I am. He quickly scans the area near the dragon. I believe that I would be more helpful from the woods, in case things go wrong.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for the box and anything else that I would find helpful
    Spot (1d20+5)[19]

    If no one objects to me heading into the woods Ill head there when we decide to wake the dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently (1d20+7)[9]
    Hide (1d20+7)[8]
    Ready bow to strike at sign of danger or at signal if we have one. Taking in to consideration a grumpy wake up call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise262 View Post
    Osan Emir

    "Well done, Feo!"
    Osan shouts.
    3.5 Sorcerer
    Feo lvl 1 rogue
    Drake

    come fight to save the world or destory it
    Mega Man Heal/Hurt Round 2

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by feo2 View Post
    Feo

    Following Osan statement. As am I, Ive had to talk my way out of a few things. But I think I would do more harm than good, being what I am. He quickly scans the area near the dragon. I believe that I would be more helpful from the woods, in case things go wrong.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for the box and anything else that I would find helpful
    Spot [roll0]

    If no one objects to me heading into the woods Ill head there when we decide to wake the dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently [roll1]
    Hide [roll2]
    Ready bow to strike at sign of danger or at signal if we have one. Taking in to consideration a grumpy wake up call.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spot the box next to a tree, about ten feet from the dragon.


    The dragon seems to stir.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    If Feo tells Ilthea he's seen the box she will:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tell everyone to stop and then ask Feo to try and retrieve the box, reminding him to check for traps on it. Then get him to put some significant distance between himself and them and then wake the dragon (see next spoiler). If the dragon wakes up before then she will step forward and cast Lullaby.


    If he doesn't tell her, she will proceed to:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wake the dragon by talking loudly to Osan Emir about how beautiful and majestic the dragon is (standard flattery). If that fails she will sing a song as loud as she can (again aiming to flatter the dragon).
    Perform-Sing: (1d20+6)[15]

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Feo

    Seeing the dragon stir he lower's his voice to a whisper. "I think i see the box we're after about ten feet away from the dragon. I can go after it if you want me to, but i think that dragon is going to wake up sooner rather than later."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise262 View Post
    Osan Emir

    "Well done, Feo!"
    Osan shouts.
    3.5 Sorcerer
    Feo lvl 1 rogue
    Drake

    come fight to save the world or destory it
    Mega Man Heal/Hurt Round 2

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    Ilthea kicks plan A into action: She starts by moving forwards and singing a lullabby to the dragon [link in post above- DC 12] to reduce it's chances of spotting Feo, and she waves him forwards to retrieve the box.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Feo

    Seeing the chance Ilthea is making, he weaves through the trees and get close to the box, and sneaks it into his backpack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Silently (1d20+7)[10]
    Hide (1d20+7)[14]

    Sleight of Hand (1d20+5)[8]
    Last edited by feo2; 2012-04-16 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise262 View Post
    Osan Emir

    "Well done, Feo!"
    Osan shouts.
    3.5 Sorcerer
    Feo lvl 1 rogue
    Drake

    come fight to save the world or destory it
    Mega Man Heal/Hurt Round 2

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by feo2 View Post
    Feo

    Seeing the chance Ilthea is making, he weaves through the trees and get close to the box, and sneaks it into his backpack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move Silently [roll0]
    Hide [roll1]

    Sleight of Hand [roll2]
    Feo gets the box, just as the dragon stirs, but it does not hear him over the lullaby. Feo is able to make a break for it.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tortoise262's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Osan Emir

    "Well done, Feo!"
    Osan shouts.
    Last edited by Tortoise262; 2012-04-17 at 02:21 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    Ilthea continues singing [read: concentrating], but allows herself a small grin.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Feo

    Feo quickly stiffens as Osan shouts out. What is he trying to do? Wake the Dragon? He looks to make sure the dragon is still asleep. only to find it was awake. I was too focused on the box to notice the dragon waking up!? I better remember to thank Osan if I survive this. Moving as little as possible he looks around to see if he can find a better spot to hide.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Since Osan is providing a distraction and Ilthea is still singing I believe that sufficient to keep the dragon occupied.

    Hide(1d20+7)[24]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise262 View Post
    Osan Emir

    "Well done, Feo!"
    Osan shouts.
    3.5 Sorcerer
    Feo lvl 1 rogue
    Drake

    come fight to save the world or destory it
    Mega Man Heal/Hurt Round 2

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by feo2 View Post
    Feo

    Feo quickly stiffens as Osan shouts out. What is he trying to do? Wake the Dragon? He looks to make sure the dragon is still asleep. only to find it was awake. I was too focused on the box to notice the dragon waking up!? I better remember to thank Osan if I survive this. Moving as little as possible he looks around to see if he can find a better spot to hide.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Since Osan is providing a distraction and Ilthea is still singing I believe that sufficient to keep the dragon occupied.

    Hide[roll0]
    Feo succeeds in making it to the bushes.

    The dragon calls out across the distance

    "You there, what business have you in my forest?"
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    "Oh Magnificent one," Ilthea responds "We are but about mundane matters, something only trivial compared to your greatness."
    "I apologise for any disturbance, but when I saw your beautiful scales, I could not help but sing of their wonder for my friends."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+6)[11]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[21]

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Samuel

    "Ask if it knows anything about why the townspeople are so on edge once your done praising it"

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive on anything the dragon says
    (1d20+3)[17]

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Ilthea

    "Oh Magnificent one," Ilthea responds "We are but about mundane matters, something only trivial compared to your greatness."
    "I apologise for any disturbance, but when I saw your beautiful scales, I could not help but sing of their wonder for my friends."


    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: [roll0]
    Diplomacy: [roll1]
    "I am . . . amused by this. But begone now! You shall suffer my wrath if you do not leave."
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    "Of course, mighty lord!" Ilthea continues, hoping that they don't leave Feo stranded, not now that he has the box they wanted. "But if you enjoyed my words, then, I pray, listen to my song. My friends will attest to my talent, and it would be bolstered by such a magnificent muse such as yourself."

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Guess i should also do a spot check for any unusual logs lying around
    (1d20+4)[22]

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Feo

    This could be going better. Feo thought as he watch what was going on. All this for a box? He looks at the box in his bag before closing it up. And the jig would be up if I'm caught. Come on Feo think. He looks around for a plan to come to him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    spot(1d20+5)[19]
    looking around me for anything small that looks like a dragon would hoard that i can grab without blowing my cover. if nothing around me looking to see if there are dead people around. or gold pieces laying around.
    I'm assuming that there are at least some that would have a coin pouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise262 View Post
    Osan Emir

    "Well done, Feo!"
    Osan shouts.
    3.5 Sorcerer
    Feo lvl 1 rogue
    Drake

    come fight to save the world or destory it
    Mega Man Heal/Hurt Round 2

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Sir_Chivalry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandrag View Post
    Ilthea

    "Of course, mighty lord!" Ilthea continues, hoping that they don't leave Feo stranded, not now that he has the box they wanted. "But if you enjoyed my words, then, I pray, listen to my song. My friends will attest to my talent, and it would be bolstered by such a magnificent muse such as yourself."
    "You irritate me insect. Begone lest I unleash upon you and feast on your innards."

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guess i should also do a spot check for any unusual logs lying around
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see a well-stacked pile over behind an oak.


    Quote Originally Posted by feo2 View Post
    Feo

    This could be going better. Feo thought as he watch what was going on. All this for a box? He looks at the box in his bag before closing it up. And the jig would be up if I'm caught. Come on Feo think. He looks around for a plan to come to him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    spot[roll0]
    looking around me for anything small that looks like a dragon would hoard that i can grab without blowing my cover. if nothing around me looking to see if there are dead people around. or gold pieces laying around.
    I'm assuming that there are at least some that would have a coin pouch
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another box, golden with small lapis lazuli discs around the lid.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

    "One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

    My homebrew

    (U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ElfPirate

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Game for Beginners IC

    Ilthea

    "Of course my lord dragon," She replies bowing, and starts to back away, back bent, but with head still looking up at him. She's going quite slowly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •