New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Star Wars: The Old Republic is Bioware's new MMORPG, set 300 years after the events of the Knights of the Old Republic games. The current title is courtesy of the Much-hated Baron Deathmark, Color Commentator of the Huttball Warzone.

For those interested in playing the game with other members of the GitP forums, there are two main servers at this point;

The majority of the Imperial characters can be found on Rubaat Crystal. A good number of these people also have republic characters on the same server. In adition, there's a much larger concentration of Republic charaters on Ebon Hawk. Each of these groups has their own guild. If you want to join one of them, just contact someone who is online.

Rubaat Crystal Guilds
    Usually Lawful Evil (Imperial Guild, managed by Squark)
    Gun Runners (Republic Guild, managed by Calemyr)

Ebon Hawk Guild
    Order of the Stick (Republic Guild, managed by Legoshrimp)

Please try to keep this spreadsheet, which lists where everyone is in the game, up to date.

Finally, some Administrative stuff for Usually Lawful Evil

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranking System
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point, the ranking system is pretty simple, and I hope to keep it that way. With this in Mind, here's the hierarchy
    Main Account/Alt- The distinction is here solely for organizational purposes. This is the default rank. These people can recruit new members and edit member notes (If I find anyone has been vandalising these... Look, just don't). Member notes should be used to indicate your Forum name and your crafting skill, if any. Alts should list who they are an alt of instead of their forum name. Organiztion wise, Alt is technically higher on the totem pole than main account, because I'm operating on the assumption that most of the existing members have made their alts at the moment.
    Officer- At this point, we have none. Officers are people who want to take a leadership position in the guild. Just PM Squark if you're interested (although at this point, we don't really need any, because I can manage the guild at this point with the help of the founders). These people are the kind of people who organize events. Should we ever (sad day if it ever happens) have a troublemaker, these people should do whatever they can to figure out what's going on. I think we should leave disciplinary matters up to a joint decision. But look, I hope that never happens, and it probably never will.
    Founder- Technically higher on the totem pole than the Officers, but with fewer garunteed responsibilities, on the grounds that they didn't sign up for this. Basically, the Founder title is reserved for four people, who represent the original founding characters of the guild. These people can also change the Guild Message of the Day as a perk, and in case I'm having a creative block and can't think of a good quote. This rank consists of Hessar (If I ever step down from being a Guildmaster), Muci, Salur, and Dao-Ren.
    Other Honorific Ranks- At this point, these don't exist. However, if at some point, I and/or the majority of the officers feel someone has done something meriting recognition (like made a lot of awesome banners or something), I may create a special rank equivalent to that of Founder for them. Please don't go out and try to get one of these. Again, these are just a way of saying thank you to people who go above and beyond the call of duty (not that there is much around here)
    Guildmaster Alt- Alternate Accounts of the current Guildmaster. This rank exists in case I need to do administrative stuff but don't want to switch characters.
    Guildmaster- The Grand Poobah. Currently Squark. Yes, I find it amusing to call myself that.

The Usually Lawful Evil Loot Policy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is really not very lawful or evil at all. Let's just go over when you can use Need as opposed to Greed.
    a) The item itself is a direct upgrade to what you are currently wearing; You can use Need, no questions asked.
    b) You cannot use the item itself, but the mods inside it could upgrade and item you use; Ask before needing. Unless someone qualifies for a), there's no reason this should be a problem.
    c) You have no use for the mods, but you want the orange item for it's looks; Ask before you need. Again, unless someone falls into the above two categories, no real problem here.
    d) You want the item for a companion (Typically because it looks cool); If no one else has a use for it that falls in the above categories, just ask. The obvious example here are the orange chespieces from Black Talon.
    e) You will just end up selling the item anyway. Just greed it.
    f) You really do not need or want the item. Pass on it. This is just a personal decision.
    Also, let's be clear. I'm making this complicated because I can be OCD when it comes to making rules. But these aren't rules; They're guidelines. If a particular group wants to change them for that Flashpoint/Operation/Heroic/World Boss, GO RIGHT AHEAD! Just do it before it comes time to roll on loot, please.

Special Cases
    -Exotic Crafting Materials: Biometric Crystal Alloys are the most obvious ones, but other exotic crafting materials exist. The rule as far as these go is Need them if you have an immediate use for them (You have yet to craft your rakata-quality items from your crafting skill), Greed them if it'd be nice to have them (You want to work on getting an augment slot in your aforementioned rakata quality items, or want to sell/use the level 50 oranges), and Pass if you don't want them (since they're Bind on pickup). Not complicated. If you feel you really need some, just ask the group. Unless someone else has a pressing need for them, most of the people will bow out.
    -Schematics; Operations, World Bosses, and Hard Mode flashpoints often drop Schematics. For these, Need if you have the crew skill and know you don't know the schematic, otherwise, feel free to greed it or pass it as you choose.
    -Other weird items, like speeders from Operations: Need if you want it, Pass if you don't want it. Keep in mind a lot of this stuff is in Bind on Pickup, though.

Crafting Skills Guidelines
    Spoiler
    Show
    There really is no hard and fast rule here. Beyond putting up which crafting skill, if any, you took in the member notes, There's no requirement to do anything for other people. That being said, you are encouraged to help other people out if they ask for it. You don't need to go out of your way to do it, but here are a few possible ways you could do it;

1) Give the item to them for free. If you don't care about money, you can of course just give items away to people who ask for them.
    2) Sell the item to them at materials cost: This works best if you already know the schematic they want. That being said, it's hard to work out a precise production cost for purple mission skill materials.
    3) Sell the item to them at a discounted price. The GTN price can often be a bit... crazy. Cutting down a portion of this price is always nice, although some items actually sell for less than their materials costs, like (at present) ship upgrades)
    4) You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours: Trade! You have color crystals, they have badass looking robes. This is an excellent way to do this.

Roleplaying
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point, we don't do any roleplaying. I'd like to set a system up, if people are interested, though.

Guild Bank guidelines
    Spoiler
    Show

1) At present, everyone has pretty much full access to the bank. I would really like to keep it that way. So don't abuse it. I can see what you deposit and withdraw, for the record. Please, please don't make me actually restrict usage of the bank.
    2) To minimize the chances of the bank becoming the "Vault of Misfit materials*," please do not create a stack of more than 99 of an object. If you really want to contribute those items to the bank, please put them up on the GTN and put your profit from them into the repair funds. The only exception to this is a hypothetical surplus of High grade medpacs and stims. Those we can stockpile. But I don't really see that happening, either,
    3) Crafting materials should be taken as you need them, whether for crafting orange [augmented] gear for yourself or a guildmate, or just leveling up a skill. However, please use your own materials for profiteering.
    4) I would prefer the bank not be used to transfer items from one person to another. Trade the item or mail it to the person instead, please.
    5) Repair funds: I'm not going to set a hard and fast rule on when you can and can't use these. You're always welcome to use them during guild events, of course, and it's fine to use them for the occasional death while leveling. But the line should probably be drawn at deaths incurred while doing a daily quest or the like, particularly if said death was strategy related. But I probably won't know exactly why you died. This whole thing is on the honor system. Please respect that.

*I like to amuse myself with titles.

Disclaimer about the Gun Runners:
    The Gun Runners are our sister guild over on the Republic side. I do not run the Gun Runners; that's Calemyr (aka Bridan). As such, he may (and at this point, has) make different rules than I do. I make no judgement about which policy is better or worse. If you feel that I would be wise to implement a decision Calemyr has made, PM me about it. Please (unless Calemyr is clear he's open to these) don't do the reverse, those.

The Old Thread
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-24 at 02:02 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't Succeed, Reload

So Hard Modes aren't too hard... I did Taral V and skipped nearly half of the flashpoint. Had a minor hiccup with the last boss enraging, but we just nuked him through the third set of adds. I got some nice PvE gloves out of that.

Anyone know where Columi Head/Boots drop?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: If at First you don't Succeed, Reload

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I don't really know anything about end-game gear but this link says Kaon Under Siege(head) and The Foundry/Maelstrom Prison(boots).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So Hard Modes aren't too hard... I did Taral V and skipped nearly half of the flashpoint. Had a minor hiccup with the last boss enraging, but we just nuked him through the third set of adds. I got some nice PvE gloves out of that.

Head is Kaon under siege, don't know about boots.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Haven't done it personally, but yeah, Maelstrom Prison / The Foundry (depending on what faction you are) are boots. You could also get boots from one of the Eternity Vault bosses.

Unfortunately, they fixed the bug in Kaon Under Seige where the bonus boss would also drop a Columi headpiece.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    I have to side with Valaquil on this.

More generally, I think we as a community should take full advantage of any and every opportunity to break away from the bizarre and incomprehensible notion which pervades this forum that the first person to create a thread on a given topic somehow "owns" that topic forever afterward, and is the only person who is "allowed" to post follow-up threads on the subject. Call me crazy, but I think we can and should be better, more mature, and saner than that. As long as the OP contains the relevant links (including to the previous thread(s) - speaking of which, did you want to add that to the new thread?), how can it possibly matter whether it's from the same person who did the last one, or (say) a brand-spanking-new Pixie's first post, or whomever?
    Dibs on the third thread then.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I have no problem with that. Just keep in mind the Original Post needs to be kept updated regularly with the guild matters. Only reason I made it. Also, Calemyr and Legoshrimp, could you PM me with any stuff you want added to the OP for the other guilds?

Oh, and If there's a large outcry against the Thread title, I can change it.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-17 at 05:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Point of order:

Inquisitor vs Bounty Hunter vs Smuggler: who is the king of snark?

From what I've played from the BH, I wouldn't consider the ham-fisted make money very good. Meanwhile you have the Smuggler being the traditional trickster character, and the inquisitor's dialog options ranging from 'helpful sarcasm' to 'murderous sarcasm'.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Oh, and If there's a large outcry against the Thread title, I can change it.
    It does strike me as more of an FPS-thread subtitle. And the capitalization is off.

How about Star Wars: The Old Republic II: I was just wondering what I could do to please you!

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Point of order:

From what I've played from the BH, I wouldn't consider the ham-fisted make money very good. Meanwhile you have the Smuggler being the traditional trickster character, and the inquisitor's dialog options ranging from 'helpful sarcasm' to 'murderous sarcasm'.
    Inquisitor wins, if only for one of their dialogue options with the final Black Talon boss (the one I mentioned somewhere in the first thread):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jedi: I am Yadira Ban, padawan of the Jedi Order. I was sent to protect the General, and you shall not pass!

Inquisitor: Your master sent you here? Really? My first teacher tried to kill me too.

Then again, Bounty Hunters have that one amazing line that they showed in I-forget-which-trailer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jedi: *wave hand* You will lay down your weapons and surrender to me.

Bounty Hunter: *wave hand* You will realize what a complete idiot you are.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Handy Dandy Operations loot list
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Convenient, thanks. I just did Kaon and False Emperor today. Kaon was ridiculously difficult with the pulls, but once we got our CC working, it wasn't too bad. Just slow progress. We also bugged out the Behemoth multiple times, and ended up just glitching through him. As for False Emperor, it was pretty easy up until the [Insert Robot Boss Name Here] at which point we kept wiping and called it quits.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Convenient, thanks. I just did Kaon and False Emperor today. Kaon was ridiculously difficult with the pulls, but once we got our CC working, it wasn't too bad. Just slow progress. We also bugged out the Behemoth multiple times, and ended up just glitching through him. As for False Emperor, it was pretty easy up until the [Insert Robot Boss Name Here] at which point we kept wiping and called it quits.
    Healer needs should probably preemptively use an AoE heal (For Scoundrels and Sages, that is. Not sure how Commandos are going to get HoT on everyone), and if you have a Guardian tank (or DPS guardian, for that matter), they should use intercede (or whatever you republic pansies call the Jedi Guardian's capstone ability ) the second [Spoiler] reappears.

In other news, with daily commendation gear and a smattering of columni pieces, it is quite possible to do Hard Mode Black Talon with three people. We only had one casualty, and that was because the off-healer (Mako was our main healer, I should point out) was just a little bit too slow in the last seconds of one of the fights. Mind you, it helps that Mako decided to root herself in place during the final boss's cyclone ability (and thus, ignore it entirely)
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-18 at 01:31 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, I don't know about False Emperor HM, but on Kaon the trash is pretty nasty, especially the witch/screamer when she knocks you into another group. The bosses weren't too hard for us, only really had trouble on the first "boss" before we had a good system idea as to where we needed to target and who we needed to prioritize. Bonus boss on Kaon is a ***** to do normally though. The boss itself isn't that tough, but when the adds come we always wound up wiping. I would strongly recommend the strategy of luring him far, far away from where the adds on that fight spawn, kill him before the adds reach you. We actually wound up dying to the adds when they showed up, but since the boss was dead, it's a win in my book.

Turns out HM Black Talon is easier than we thought it would be. Found out that it can be three-manned by a tank, a DPS, a healer companion and a DPS who off-heals. Helps that the final boss's main attack doesn't drag in the companion for some reason, we were concerned that they'd get sucked in and destroyed at the start of the fight but that obviously didn't happen.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

So, how in demand are Marauders for Operations? In a game filled with Ranged DPS--and hell even ranged tanks--I feel like I'll be skipped over for raids in favor of DPS classes that can kite. Thoughts? Any Marauders/Sentinels here?
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

So this week's FAQ was released earlier today, and there are some very interesting points... here's the tl;dr-

• A vote kick option will be implemented in PVP, mostly to combat the idle players problem... I'm not sure how I feel about this, given the average WZ player is not the most rational creature, and is liable to exploit the system, if possible.

• A dozen or so new objective-based Medals are going to be implemented, for things like capturing nodes/opening doors/scoring in Huttball. This is going to be awesome!

• The PVP bags system will be replaced with a direct buy system. Don't fret and hoard your commendations yet, however, as it will be fairly easy to max between the time the patch is live on the PTR and before it is implemented (your mileage may vary)

• Devs said we should expect some server wide, in game events (a la Darkmoon Faire). I hope these become more regular.

• Mods from end game pvp gear that is placed in other orange items will carry the set-bonus of said loot into the new gear, but mods from armor piece A can only go in a similar piece of armor. For instance, mods from a glove can only go into new gloves.

• A /roll feature is soon to come. Huzzah!

And finally, here is the text version of the FAQ, in case the forums are unreachable:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DarthBelkar: Can we look forward to server-wide special seasonal / short-term events?

Daniel Erickson: Yes! Expect them to fit into the world and setting, involve a fair bit of discovery, and offer special rewards that will be there one day and then gone forever. And expect them soon.

Darthinfimus: Do you plan to implement a /roll or /random command for use in master looter situations?

Damion Schubert: Diceslingers of the world rejoice! /roll has already been implemented on our internal development servers and should be coming to you guys Real Soon Now (in an upcoming weekly patch).

Relayinabox: Are there any plans for a show/hide companion headgear option?

Damion Schubert: Yep, we have plans. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but is currently in the works.

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

ehlnofey: Will there be any changes/improvements made to the Galactic Trade Network system, and when will it be implemented?”

Damion Schubert: We know that the GTN needs a lot of love, and work is currently underway to improve this. Watch this space for more news!

GnovaD: Are there any plans to introduce mobile apps to the game? Eg. Use smart phone/tablet to send companions on missions while offline.

Damion Schubert: Let's just say that this has always been a dream of mine for crew skills - it's almost as if this design was created specifically with this in mind, doesn't it? Good news, sometimes dreams do come true! The bad news is that I have no ETA for you, though, as this is a significant technical endeavor.

Bobonar: Will we be able to take the modifications out of our endgame pvp-sets and put them into a set that we like better (design-wise) and keep the bonuses?

Emmanuel Lusinchi: Yes, the set bonus will be carried by Armoring mods that work just like regular mods except that they only fit into specific types of items, such as chest items or boots items. So, for example, the set bonus from a chest piece can be moved to another chest piece, and the set bonus from a helmet can be moved to another helmet.

HollowPoint: There has been a large push in the community for chat bubbles, especially with a toggle option for those who don't want them. Is a chat bubble system in the works? If so, when can we expect it to be implemented?

Damion Schubert: They're definitely on the list. We’ve got many active roleplayers in the dev team and chat bubbles have always been important to us. We actually had chat bubbles in beta, but there was unfortunately some serious performance issues that our implementation caused that, for example, made things really suck in warzones and the fleet. They’ll be coming soon, but in priority, the GUI team is focused first on GUI customization. I'll have a better idea of timing once we get past that. And yes, for people who hate them, whenever we do them, they'll be toggleable.

RuQu: Can you provide some details on Healer class design philosophy? Commando/Scoundrel AoE does not scale with group size due to player caps. Are they not intended to fill the raid-healer role? Scoundrels can be highly efficient, but have no tools for doing a short burst of healing.

In short, what is the design intention for each of the healers, and is it intended for them to be balanced so that any possible combination is competitive in Operations, or is a certain mix expected?

Georg Zoeller: Our stance is that all full healer specs should be viable for all type of content, which is the case, even for 16 man Operations. Our own players have no issues clearing any of the content in the game, on all difficulty levels, with any healer spec. Data from the Live game shows Operations, at all sizes, being successfully run with Commando and Scoundrel healers. It is expected for certain Operations bosses to create challenges for different healer archetypes (e.g. due to mobility requirements), but overall, every healer archetype is capable of successfully healing through any Operations and Flashpoint content in the game (currently and in the future).

With regards to your question about Commando/Scoundrel Area of Effect healing not scaling to group size, please understand that no heal, on any class, scales with group size. The most powerful Area of Effect heals in the game (Salvation/Revivification) affects up to 8 players, but does not scale with group size. These abilities are very costly, have an activation time requirement and require the targets to stand in a localized area for ten seconds to receive the full benefit. We plan on improving the overall Area of Effect healing performance of the Mercenary/Commando in the next major Game Update (1.2) by increasing the number of targets affected by Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb.

As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we don’t agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed. That said, we certainly think there’s room for improvements (and our upcoming Game Update 1.2 has a sizeable chunk of such improvements). For example, we are shifting the healing created by the Kolto Cloud ability to be front loaded in 1.2 to allow it to act as an emergency Area of Effect healing tool.

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.

Fu-bear: Can you please confirm the exact mechanics behind Taunts? The tooltips purely state that it forces a mob to attack for X seconds, yet I've read reports that the skill appears to equalise threat like a traditional taunt. Can you clarify this?

Georg Zoeller: Taunts work in two ways. First, they instantly put you on top of the target’s threat list. Then, they place a short duration effect on the taunted target forcing them to attack you. Assuming that you then lose threat (say, you just stand there) the NPC will be forced to attack you for the duration of the Taunt. Afterwards, the AI will resume attacking targets based on threat order. If another Taunt is applied after yours, the most recently applied Taunt takes precedence.

Please note this is assuming regular threat rules – there are certain situations in the game, especially unique boss fights, which may cause NPCs to specifically ignore targets. In these cases, an ignored target will not be able to gain threat even with a taunt. In general, these situations are messaged to the player through effects on their buff bar – something we’re looking to make more visible in the future.

Gladoss, titdiscus, Leoran: What do you plan to against Warzones’ AFK, more particularly about players who leave Warzones ? Will there be sanctions for this type of behavior?

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

Lexiekaboom: 16 man Operations are much harder than 8 man Operations (to the point where most guilds can easily clear hard mode 8 man before being able to clear 16 man easy mode) but there is no loot difference at all to doing them. It's better to send your 16 man raid force to clear two 8 man instances .Is this oversight or design? What will be done to offset this in the future?

Gabe Amatangelo: This is not per design. The teams have been addressing this in the weekly patches to some degree and more so in Game Update 1.2. It is intended that 16 player mode is slightly easier than 8 player mode due to the fact that getting and coordinating 16 players is a larger hurdle in and of itself.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mud View Post
    [*]A vote kick option will be implemented in PVP, mostly to combat the idle players problem... I'm not sure how I feel about this, given the average WZ player is not the most rational creature, and is liable to exploit the system, if possible.
    Yep, I really hope there's some kind of limit on this feature to make sure that it can only be used on idlers, or else this is going to happen a lot:

Enter warzone.
    Get "Inspect Player"-ed by rest of team.
    They see that you're not in full Battlemaster.
    /votekick

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Yep, I really hope there's some kind of limit on this feature to make sure that it can only be used on idlers, or else this is going to happen a lot:

Enter warzone.
    Get "Inspect Player"-ed by rest of team.
    They see that you're not in full Battlemaster.
    /votekick
    At first I was thinking there could be a requirement that one must be idle for X amount of time, or must engage an enemy, or heal an ally at certain intervals. However, this could cause problems in Civil War and perhaps even Voidstar, if one makes the sacrifice to babysit the unchallenged node/door. Also, if premades group for a Warzone, they'll be liable to kick pugs, and I hope Bioware isn't naive about this.

However, the /roll feature makes up for everything .
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2012-02-20 at 11:15 AM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Also, f premades
    my thoughts exactly

19. - Top - End - #19

Have any of you taken down the Belsavis world boss? If so, do you know if he drops multiple permutations of a particular Artifice schematic? So far I've only read that he drops a +crit option though I have seen +end on the GTN.
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

20. - Top - End - #20

So the completionist in me is feeling the urge to unlock every single lore entry I can in the codex. Does anyone know of a good guide to the locations of all the Lore objects, creatures that unlock codex entries etc?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    Heh, this was a typo but I do feel similarly... I was pugging, and we 6-0'd a premade in Huttball in about 3 minutes. It was satisfying.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Point of order:

The Sith Warrior has a few gems, as well, but most options are "speak Klingon". I particularly like some of the crap-talking options he gets with his boss.

On the other side of it, there isn't much snark on hand for either of the Jedi. They play everything straight... even their sociopathy.

So, how in demand are Marauders for Operations? In a game filled with Ranged DPS--and hell even ranged tanks--I feel like I'll be skipped over for raids in favor of DPS classes that can kite. Thoughts? Any Marauders/Sentinels here?
    Most folks aren't keen on melee dps. Of course, those are the same folks that will sit there and harpoon every chance they get. That being said, some folks appreciate bleeders because of the exploits available with internal damage, and if you're in Annhilation/Watchman spec, you're basically a vampire. I guess you use your space magic to stave off cauterization or something.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

How about Star Wars: The Old Republic II: I was just wondering what I could do to please you!
    Does anyone have any ideas that do not involve quoting the protocol droids we all want to send out the airlock?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GungHo View Post
    The Sith Warrior has a few gems, as well, but most options are "speak Klingon". I particularly like some of the crap-talking options he gets with his boss.

On the other side of it, there isn't much snark on hand for either of the Jedi. They play everything straight... even their sociopathy.

Most folks aren't keen on melee dps. Of course, those are the same folks that will sit there and harpoon every chance they get. That being said, some folks appreciate bleeders because of the exploits available with internal damage, and if you're in Annhilation/Watchman spec, you're basically a vampire. I guess you use your space magic to stave off cauterization or something.
    Yeah, Beserk + Rupture (the bread and butter DOT) is pretty much a free, group 6% heal every 15 seconds or so. I have seen some streams where a Marauder is successfully offtanking too. I just hope I can find pugs for HMs pretty regularly and thankfully, I'm on a very hi-pop server.

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas that do not involve quoting the protocol droids we all want to send out the airlock?
    Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Datacore Transfer Initialized
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2012-02-20 at 12:20 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Yep, I really hope there's some kind of limit on this feature to make sure that it can only be used on idlers
    I can't think of a good system that isn't either exploitable or easy to avoid. No criterion seems to be foolproof. That said, I do hope there's _some_ kind of requirement because I agree that vote-kick systems are prone to abuse.

Separately, what's the deal with HM Flashpoints? For the most basic example, just how hard is BT that you need multiple 50s to do it? I'd like to grab some nice PvE gear for my Consular, but I'm not sure how much effort I want to spend on it. (After all, I'm not likely to 'raid' anyway...)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Separately, what's the deal with HM Flashpoints? For the most basic example, just how hard is BT that you need multiple 50s to do it? I'd like to grab some nice PvE gear for my Consular, but I'm not sure how much effort I want to spend on it. (After all, I'm not likely to 'raid' anyway...)
    Well, HMs are the regular flashpoints but beefed up for level 50s. BT specifically isn't THAT hard, and you should be good to run it if you have some Champ gear/orange modded gear with Corellia Mods, or some cheap purples from the GTN. From there, you mostly progress through the HMs as you did when you leveled. BT > Athiss > Hammer > etc. As for raiding, if you haven't tried it before I'd give it a whirl. It's not as hard to get a functional group as it was in WoW with 40 man's.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Apparently, high-end Operations requires a single Marauder/Sentinel for the AoE Damage/Healing increase. This usefulness scales with the amount of people in your party, though, so they're a lot weaker in Flashpoints.
    Last edited by Arcanoi; 2012-02-20 at 12:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Well, HMs are the regular flashpoints but beefed up for level 50s. BT specifically isn't THAT hard, and you should be good to run it if you have some Champ gear/orange modded gear with Corellia Mods, or some cheap purples from the GTN. From there, you mostly progress through the HMs as you did when you leveled. BT > Athiss > Hammer > etc. As for raiding, if you haven't tried it before I'd give it a whirl. It's not as hard to get a functional group as it was in WoW with 40 man's.
    Ah. That explains it. My gear is okay, but not that good. It looks like I'd probably want to go back and finish Corellia for more mods before trying any HMs, if I even want to do one. I'm just running the FPs to see the story. I only finished Taral V and Maelstrom Prison yesterday. I really like the reveal at the end.

Mostly, that was a throwaway comment to emphasize that I like the idea of cool PvE gear, but I'm not really going to use it anywhere. I have nothing against raiding, but I wouldn't be interested except to see the content once. Running regular raids holds little appeal to me.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Well, all flashpoints after Black Talon/Esseles (normal mode) need 4 people of about the right level for the quest, and all the hardmodes are level 50 FPs, so it's not surprising you'd need multiple 50s to do it. I'd think of the Hard Modes as "Level 50 flashpoints, that happen to have the same story" and not as "Black Talon, now 20x harder!".

As for how much effort it is: Black Talon, at least, can be three manned relatively smoothly (and that was as a 2 DPS/1 Tank mix, it would be easier with 1 DPS/Tank/Heal and a DPS companion), and it takes...30-60 minutes? Maybe, I didn't keep track. It's faster (obviously) with four actual people with good gear. I'm not sure how many of the others, if any, can be done with three people. Kaon's the only other HM I've done, and I think that would need four.

The longest part, honestly, is finding the group in the first place (or at least it feels that way). I didn't see you on the spreadsheet, so I don't know what server you're on, or how populated it is, but that's probably the main sticking point. Mostly, it depends on what gear you're satisfied with and what the limiting factor is (time, ability to find groups, willingness to depend on the RNG, etc.).

Edit: Somewhat Ninja'd by Mr. Mud
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-02-20 at 12:55 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    Well, all flashpoints after Black Talon/Esseles (normal mode) need 4 people of about the right level for the quest, and all the hardmodes are level 50 FPs, so it's not surprising you'd need multiple 50s to do it. I'd think of the Hard Modes as "Level 50 flashpoints, that happen to have the same story" and not as "Black Talon, now 20x harder!".

As for how much effort it is: Black Talon, at least, can be three manned relatively smoothly (and that was as a 2 DPS/1 Tank mix, it would be easier with 1 DPS/Tank/Heal and a DPS companion), and it takes...30-60 minutes? Maybe, I didn't keep track. It's faster (obviously) with four actual people with good gear. I'm not sure how many of the others, if any, can be done with three people. Kaon's the only other HM I've done, and I think that would need four.

The longest part, honestly, is finding the group in the first place (or at least it feels that way). I didn't see you on the spreadsheet, so I don't know what server you're on, or how populated it is, but that's probably the main sticking point. Mostly, it depends on what gear you're satisfied with and what the limiting factor is (time, ability to find groups, willingness to depend on the RNG, etc.).

Edit: Somewhat Ninja'd by Mr. Mud
    This is everything I was trying to say except much more succinct and thorough .

Also, to note: For most HMs, you're going to want about ~13k health (for a DPS, at least) and 1600 of your main stat, regardless of role. This might not be entirely necessary for some of the easier HMs, but for the moderate to difficult ones, you pretty much NEED 1600+ main stat.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"